Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"Manually? Pfftt." She pulls up a map app on her AR display. "I can try, I guess. One of you got a better map?"

She mashes buttons in an attempt to figure out which way to go. It's not very effective. Rather than lament her failures, she answer's Gabriel's message.

<< yo yeah im still good for friday no problem >>

Default Navigation: 2d6t5 1 glitch? glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Navigation defaults to Intuition. You have another die.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina

Marcina dons the god awful otherkin accessories, kicking herself she didn't remember this was one of those places and also She takes his arm as a certain Someone, astrally flitting behind their back, snickers and follows them on in.

I spent more than an hour trying to find something involving "seductress totem" and "catears" and "wouldn't be mortifyingly embarrassing to post, even by a guy who has slaanesh as an avatar" and failing. Sorry

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"poo poo, you pick some weird places. But yeah, I think I can handle this.

Chris Johnson Bill Davis puts the ears on, walks smartly with Alma to the front of the line, and all but assaults the bouncer with an aura of absolute confidence and belonging. With but a thought his contacts adapt to give his eyes a distinct cat-like appearance, and he gives the bouncer the smile of someone who could have him fired at will.

"Hey there. Davis. Mendoza. We're here to check out the club, see if it's to our liking. We aren't on the list...but let us in, and we'll be willing to forgive you for that."

Con: 16d6t5 4

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Alfred grumbles "I should've known this sounded too easy." Seeing the neighborhood, instead of doing the usual "terrified door-locking," Al rolls down the rear window and lets his arm dangle out of it (careful not to let his knuckles drag on the ground). He puts his goggles up on his forehead in order to give an appropriate glare to anyone who looks like they mean the group any harm.

Intimidating poor people from car: 7d6t5 2

Jesus, another glitch. Lets go ahead and Edge that to reroll failures.

Edge Reroll on intimidate check in bad neighborhood: 5d6t5 2

Total of 4 successes. I just tied the face's social roll, just saying. :P

Thanatosian fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2014 around 04:43

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

@Atlatl: A rigger without the ability to navigate! Technically not a glitch, since it's not over half.
@Thanatosian: When you default, you roll [Stat - 1] dice, so 2DP is correct. For my own book-keeping, why does Intimidation have a 5 next to the three on your sheet?

You end up circling a few city blocks for maybe twenty minutes, and Finch starts cursing under her breath while street-corner Orks and Trolls eye the car. A carjacking almost seems imminent, in fact, until Alfred postures himself up in the front seat, glowering back at the drug dealers as if daring them to make a move. One or two of them even talk some poo poo to Alfred, hurling familiar racial slurs and asking for his "colors" as you creep through the ghettos of DFW looking for the place.

The seventh time around the blocks, though, Sparrow picked out the right address: an unassuming poo poo-hole trap house on the corner. As you roll to a stop in front of the place with the van, Finch visibly winces and goes, "poo poo, I didn't think this was the sorta outfit that had me fix that piece a' poo poo van. I'm, like, really, really sorry, Sparrow. How do you wanna run this? I can take a jog for the van, hope for the best. Or you could. Unless, uh, big man here wants to step out and, like, sweep a bit or something first."

She lets out a nervous laugh, and claps Alfred on the shoulder. The gangers at the high-rise across the way have taken a notice to the three of you, but don't seem too interested in starting trouble. A few of them are looking over Sparrow's car, though, pointing at it and talking to each other.

Marcina
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

(Luckily, I have no such qualms! Your spirit guide!)



The two of you stride into the club as the Candyman passes the bouncer some Bliss. Bass-heavy music fills the air of the dark club, strobe lights and lasers illuminating the place in gaps that match the music. The Candyman flashes you a grin, and then flashes Her a grin, as he sets off in steady strides across the dance floor. The two (three?) of you are absolutely engulfed in the crowd of moving bodies, people in everything from facsimile Catwoman suits to fuzzy bodysuits to ears and miniskirts. The deepweed both dampens and enhances the experience, taking you away from the physical sensations of the dance floor and into the mana ebb of the dance floor.

As you start to see the collective aura of the floor form into a real thing, you feel another tug from the Candyman, and maybe even a push from Her, and you're out of the mana ebb and the crowd and on the other side. You're still on the Candyman's arm, at the base of the stairs up to the VIP section, and he was laughing at you. "Can' quite handle tha' deepweed, lilly one? Let's see tha' friends you brough' me here ta see."

The two of you head up the stairs, and your head even more as you rise above the crowd. At the top, you see your brother and some of his friends, with a swag table full of their usual fair of costumes. Your brother is in his own full-body fursuit, a glowing purple-blue in the blacklight. He motions you into the VIP service, the bouncer letting you in, and gives you a hug as the Candyman starts talking to his friends. You can almost hear him over the music as he mouths, "Heya, sis! So glad you could make it. And the good stuff, too! Jeeze, you alright? How you been?"

By the time he's got you to the couch, the Candyman has started vaporizing Bliss in a pipe, passing around the sample to Aiden's friends. The next ten or fifteen minutes blur by, but about ten o'clock you see another familiar face getting let into the VIP section: it's Double-Tap.

Chris "Double Tap" Johnson
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

The two of you blow past the bouncer like it's going out of style, and he stands here nearly slack-jawed as your assurances and cat-eyes are headed in. Even before you're in the door, the valet has taken your Cadillac to private parking, without even being asked. Proper service, this place.



The club is larger inside than you'd think, with a bar dominating one side and a dance room full of drug-hazed, drunken people raving to bass-heavy musings of the DJ onstage. They were all in various stages of cat-dress, from full-on bodysuits to tight clubware and cat ears, so your clean-cut suit and small aesthetics were certainly par for the course. Alma pushed her glasses higher up on her nose, and two things occur to you: first, that she had probably never gotten into a club like that before, and second, she was probably recording every second of this trip. But she didn't come here to do watch people do lines of coke in the bathroom, and before you know it she's shoved a drink in your hand(made of creamy rum and something else you couldn't place) and brought you to the VIP section. The bouncer looks the two of you over for a moment, and beyond him you can see a bunch of young, monied punks talking to a dreadlocked drug dealer---and there, in the middle of them, is Marcina.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2014 around 05:17

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina



"Not a problem bro. Nice, uh. Suit." Marcina tries to pointedly ignore DP's presence. This isn't the line of work to mix family and coworkers.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

QuantumNinja posted:

@Thanatosian: When you default, you roll [Stat - 1] dice, so 2DP is correct. For my own book-keeping, why does Intimidation have a 5 next to the three on your sheet?
Jesus, defaulting is worse than I thought; definitely dropping a couple of points into unarmed combat after this. My Thunderbird mentor spirit (who I forgot to flesh out) gives me a +2 to intimidation; I'll add a section on him momentarily.

Alfred Nobel

Alfred does not tolerate the catcalls of the locals terribly well. "Hey, my colors are black and blue, and if I hear one more 'trog' or 'tusker' out of you fragging breeders, I'm going to make 'em your colors, too, you get me?"

Evaluating the situation, Alfred turns to Sparrow. "Well, as far as I'm concerned, kid, you're the Skipper on this three-hour tour. If you or Gilligan here want to make a try for the van, I can probably distract the punks for a bit, but if you take too long, it'll get bloody, one way or another. Ginger Rogers out there is pretty clearly looking for a partner, though, and it's been awhile since I've tangoed, so I'm happy to be their Fred Astaire."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

Leaning in and playing the role of vague boyfriend, Double Tap quickly uses his trodes to connect directly to his "girlfriend" through the Matrix.

[Remember: neither I nor any of my names appear in your tapes or reports. Play by my rules, and I'll be the best friend you've ever had.]

Looking back up to laugh at a joke someone makes as they walk into VIP, he notices someone familiar.

[ Elf in the middle, neck length hair, curious eyes, doesn't seem to be into the cat thing? She's not on your list either. Sorry, Alma; can't tell you why. Everyone ELSE though, go wild. Now, how do you want to play this? You go straight rigid journalist they'll throw you out. My advice: tell me what topics you want them to drunkenly slur towards and I'll lead them into it. ]

Then Chris Bill enters the room with slight swagger and gives it a comfortable grin, gesturing with a drank that wasn't empty a minute ago, but mierda it's been too long since he had something better then synthahol.

"So, what's a man got to do in this club to get something stronger then just rum?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"I'm trying to pretend to get any of that reference." Sparrow raps her fingers on the steering wheel nervously. "Eh, gently caress it. Yeah, you two go for it and I'll cover. Lemme pop the back and get the fliers out just in case I need to make like a tree and blow things up." She hums to herself as she thinks the situation over. "Yeaaahhhh, if we draw blood then we might as well just keep the drat thing."

The RCC loads up, linking to the two rotodrones as they launch sideways out of the open trunk. "You two go do your thing and I'll start melting brains and faces if anyone gets too rowdy."

same program setup on the RCC as last time

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Edit: Post in a second

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Marcina and Double-Tap
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:30

Double-tap

Alma responds across the comm channel, the smile on her face never leaving as the neural link jots down the text. <<Are you kidding? You think I'd even _try_ to make you a thing in a story? I can think of better ways to ruin my career thanks. I just wanna know what they're smoking, where it's from, what sort of chemical work's been done in making it. poo poo, at this point Bliss is a _genre_, not a drug.>>

Both of You

When "Bill" asks about a drink, the Candyman flashes a grin and joins his request. "Ja, I an' I need a wet beak. Where tha' bottle service?"



A girl in a full catsuit with all of the proper accessories hops up, offering her hand to Double-Tap. Marcina recognized her, one of Aiden's cabal. She said, "Heya! I'm Lillian, or just Lily. I got the drinks up in this poo poo! Yo, Frankie, another few rounds?"

The bouncer nods at Lily and within another two or three minutes there's a girl in the VIP section with two trays of shots which taste like a mix of 151 and Godiva cream liquor. The group starts taking shots, and several of them start talking with the Candyman about the myriad variety of Bliss he's selling, from "Mellow Moonrise" to "Lime-pop Zest". Both of you watch as Aiden's friends start smoking the drug, their eyes glazing over into euphoria before they start dancing to the music.

Alma's eyes are on the whole thing, watching the transactions and asking some small questions about the different varieties. The Candyman snubs her, however, unwilling to fill in the details in the subtle variations. Finally, she gives Double-Tap a pleading look, as if to say, "Get him talking."

Meanwhile, Aiden starts trying to talk his sister into taking some Bliss while he drags her onto the dance floor. If Marcina is gonna go, Ronwayne should roll Performance (Dancing).

Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

Finch mutters about repos and selling her garage as she climbs out of the back-seat of the Americar. She waits for Alfred to get out with her, and pulls her armored jacket on tighter as the she heads for the van. Everything seems to be okay, too, up until the Americar pops out its two rotodrones. The flashy show of the drones seem to set the gangers across the street off, and there's automatic fire from somewhere in the high-rise.

Finch yells expletives really loudly, and the gunfire seems to grab the attention of the people in the trap house next to the van, too. Four of the gangers at the high-rise start rushing over to the Americar, while others start yelling, "Five-oh, five-oh!"

Finch gets to the van and starts trying to pop the lock while the gangers running at you pull their submachine guns. Then it dawns on you: they think you're cops.

Y'all need to roll Initiative. I can post a map if you need it.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Initiative roll in ganger fight: 3d6+12 24

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge

Marcina does gotta go, but feels bad for leaving the Candyman there with the nosy moron DT has dragged alone. Was he trying to get loving blackmail or something? Still, occupational hazard. She heads out to the floor, unfortunately, CM was right, she can't really handle it, her previous experience with it primary being sitting around, giggling, saying dumb poo poo, and eating awful things. It also gives her a chance to pester Aiden about her compensation. "HEY," she mouths over the music. "You mentioned something about nuyen?

And a whopping 2 hits. Since I'm about to sleep/regain edge I guess, I can edge those failures if this is not enough to escape/avoid making an rear end of herself.

To not try bliss
Between the two rolls (forgot to add the +1wp from deepweed, I got 3 hits and 0 hits

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 28, 2014 around 22:11

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

With Try:
"Yeah I know, trust me last ditch option. Yea, the reason for the run is grab some tech stuff for me and raphael's condition. But my contact says we can grab a bunch of chemicals at the same time that he can resell. That'll be the payday for us."
OOC: If I misunderstood the doc let me know, I thought I could steal the chems at either place. Sorry it took me a day or two to update.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

"God-loving-damnit!"

Initiative: 4d6+10 23

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel Edge: 1/2

I am really bad at reading the rules, apparently, and forgot the base 1d6 for physical initiative:

Base D6 for initiative (ACTUAL initiative): 1d6+24 28

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"Candyman, right? Hoi, omae."

Double Tap gives a grin at the drug dealer and reaches for some of the Bliss with one hand, downing a shot with the other.

Knowledge: Drug Runners: 6d6t5 1

"I've been out of the Bliss game awhile, I admit. Sundown Runners still bringing in most of the out of town poo poo? Had a few bad trips with their's last time, think they were cutting it with something bad. Learned to be a bit paranoid, neh? How about this stuff, what kinda mix you use?"

Con: 16d6t5 5

Double Tap's trying to establish credentials as Not A Narc but rather someone Legitimately Interested in what the actual mix of the Bliss is.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

Y'all up.

Initiative
> 28 Alfred Nobel
> 23 Sparrow
17 Finch
14 High-Rise Gangers
12 Trap-House Gangers

Marcina and Double-Tap
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:30

Double Tap

I think this is Etiquette, not Con. You aren't tricking him into doing it, but schmoozing correctly. Truncating 3 dice leaves you at 4 hits, though; that's still enough.

The Candyman nods at you as you grab the hit, naming his price: twenty nuyen. It was more than the standard street price, but it looked purer than the standard stuff, too. The Candyman laughs as you start chattnig him up. "What a card! Ain' been Sundown Runners in Dallas since Septembe'. Guess you gotta be slow ta 'memba' tha'. Nah, most a' dis burn made by cats down in Austin, this side the borda, fresh by pos'. Chemical in from Denva'. They make all sorts a' new sketches, keepin' it fresh, ja? Fresh enough to keep it legal, far 'nough from the proper shape to skirt Babylon."

He offers you the Bliss pipe for your sample, and lights up a joint of deepweed while he looks out on the dance floor. "You interested in the trade? I could use sharp men like you, movin' shipments in tha' easy way for I an' I. I get you tha' good stuff, you move it along an' hit me back."

He offers you his card, attached to maybe twenty hits of Bliss, by way of a business arrangement.

Marcina

As you head onto the dance floor, your brother is insistent about that hit of Bliss. The Mellow Moonrise is tempting, too. Even Miss Mostly-Naked Cat Ears is there in your ear, whispering about how great that hit would feel. You can't feel her, with a small spike of excitement in your veins, as you let loose on the dance floor. Even so, you steel yourself against her suggestions and opt for a clearer head for the night.

Resisting Bliss 12d6Cgte5: 4 (This should have been 13 dice because of the Bliss, but it doesn't matter.)

When you bring the topic of money up to Aiden, he grins and passes you a credstick. You recognize it as once of the five-thousand nuyen allowance credsticks your parents used to hand out like so much candy. Mark 3422 nuyen. He grins and mouths, "On Dad's tab."

You bring it on the dance floor, and even garner the attention of a few of the men in the club with your moves. Maybe it was the deepweed, or the fact that you could feel Her breath on your neck the whole time, but you brought it. As the music pounded on, you found a groove and stuck with it. The night begin to blend itself away as you raved...

Gabriel De Los Santos
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

Try nods. "poo poo, sounds awesome. Look, I gotta split. You got Ralph?"

She rises and switches off the trid, collecting her coat. In another minute, she's standing at your front door. "Look, Gabrial, I just wanted to say... That night, that run. I didn't think it was going to go like that. I really didn't know. I would give anything to make it me that ran into that room instead of you two. You know that, right? I owe you my life, because you got sick instead of me..."

She lets the uncomfortable silence hang in the air for a moment, then pulls her coat tighter. "Sorry, I didn't mean to get all serious. Let me know about the food store. I'll help you hit it. It's the least I could do. Take care. Unless you wanna like, crack some beers. Maybe watch the rest of the game."

She stands at your front door, and in the silence you can hear Raphael snoring softly in the next room.

You really didn't; there are some serious chemicals worth selling in the food research lab, but Try doesn't know what they would be. It will mean finding the chemical storage room, but once that's in place you're golden.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel Edge: 1/2

"Well, that makes things easy!" Alfred rushes at the nearby group of gangers as he draws his katana, choosing out the mouthiest one start with.

Free Action: Run/Charge
Simple Action: Ready Weapon
Simple Action: Melee Attack

Charge attack against street thugs: 16d6t5 3

Current Reach: 2

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3 Ini: 23 -> 13

"Says you!"

Sparrow pulls a grenade from her jacket and ducks down as she throws the car into reverse. The car rolls backwards in the hope that it might prevent her from getting torn out and dragged into the melee. An order goes out to the drones to shoot up the unoccupied gangers.

Free: Moving Car at Walk Rate
Simple: Command Drones w/ RCC
Simple: Readying Grenade

Drone 1 Shooting: 9d6t5 2
Drone 2 Shooting: 9d6t5 6

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 22:00

@Thanatosian: Melee attacks are technically Complex Actions. Let's go ahead and house-rule that into something reasonable, though. Also, I couldn't find your Katana DV anywhere. Does this look right? [STR+3]+1[Critical Strike] = 12P / -3 AP with 7+1[Enhanced Accuracy] = 8 Acc.

The large troll closes the gap with the gangers in a heartbeat, and their faces twisted when the katana came out: cops didn't perform street surgery with swords. Alfred brought his blade up as he charged the closest one, and the sword went through the guy, cutting him down. Then the HE grenades started raining as Sparrow started rolling backwards, turning the next four gangers into a mess of body parts and blood. In the wake of the grenades, you hear a lot of shouting and yelling in the high-rise, people shouting about taking cover and getting the Ks.

Finch took this window of opportunity to rush to the van, and her access codes popped the door right open. You hear the van start, and a moment later four more jean-sagging, color-flying gangers come out of the trap house holding Uzis and trying to figure out who has doing what outside of their drug-selling operation.

Finch blows up Sparrow's comm.

<<okay now is a good time to go>>
<<I mean what the gently caress grenades>>
<<what is this loving libya>>
<<get mr ninja troll and lets loving goooo>>


In case it isn't clear, the gangers from the high-rise have decided grenades aren't a good fight, so they're getting heavier weapons. The trap-house gangers aren't opening fire yet, because they're trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on.

Initiative
> 18 Alfred Nobel
> 13 Sparrow
7 Finch
4 High-Rise Gangers
2 Trap-House Gangers

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Previously Kenneth would have called Raider to get him to move HIS drug dealers out of the club. Ken palms the badge in his off hand. He nods to McCall and walks up to the bouncer. He flashes the Texas Ranger badge and growls out, "How you feeling tonight, Son?" He gives the bouncer an idle smile and then says, "A nice evening for a drink, don't you think?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3 Ini: 13 -> 3

"Not what I meant not what I meant!" Is Sparrow's mantra as she drops into a forward gear.

<< omfg >>
<< misclick >>
<< bad bad bad >>
<< everyone hurry up lets blow this joint >>
<< both literally and figuratively now i guess >>
<< get in the van car w/e and lets go go go >>

Complex action to maintain control of the vehicle for this round. Holding fire since everyone's gone for now.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"Naw, not slow; just out of that game. I enjoy the Bliss now, not deal in it. I work in, eh...independent acquisitions. Far more dangerous, but far better pay. And what's life without a thrill, eh? Adrenaline's the cheapest drug there is - if, not always, the best."

He accepts the card, though not the packages, and begins taking out 20 nuyen - planning on having the sample and then some.

"I'm something like between jobs right now; a chance to relax a bit, smoke a bit, drink a bit, enjoy myself a bit. A man can't work like a dog. And when the going's dangerous, the R&R needs to be a step above a bar and a lapdance. This as good as it sounds, you may not have a new employee, but you might've just gotten yourself a new customer."

[ @Alma What else you need info wise? Don't worry, I've handled harder then Bliss before. I might be a bit here and there, but I'll still be good to fetch your story. ]

SMOKE WEED BLISS ERRYDAY. Yeah Double Tap's gonna feed the Temptress where Marcina pushes it away and takes that hit after sending that message to Alma

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Alfred Nobel and Sparrow

@Thanatosian: I'm going to assume that Alfred does the smart thing and jumps back in the Americar in the name of keeping this moving. If you want to take a few extra simple actions on your next pass, that's fine.

Alfred Nobel hoofs it back to the Americar as it starts rolling away, and Finch wastes no time throwing her the van into reverse and then peeling out from the trap house. As the van rolls away several of the men with Uzis take pot shots at the Americar, while others head to their own hoopties to give chase. The rotodrones give chase to the Americar, their autopilots keeping them close enough for decent defense.

The Americar needs to soak three attacks:
- Dodge against 1 Hit. It's a Long Burst, so dodge at -5 DP. If you fail, 7P damage.
- Dodge against 1 Hit. It's a Long Burst, so dodge at -5 DP. If you fail, 7P damage.
- Dodge against 3 Hit. It's a Long Burst, so dodge at -5 DP. If you fail, 7P damage.


Initiative
> 8 Alfred Nobel
> 3 Sparrow

Double-Tap, Marcina, and Kenneth

@ProfessorCirno, Ronwayne: I just realized you had the same mentor spirit.

Double-Tap

Alma replies in turn. <<This guy just told me he gets varieties of pseudo-bliss from Austin cook-houses that buy chemical supplies from Denver. That's going to float me a couple of articles minimum. Jesus, who do you know here that we're getting this lucky?>>

The Candyman frowns as he accepts the package back, but nods knowingly as he gives you the hit. "Ain't like it exactly lost business, ja know. I an' I jus' a rude boy, came to drop legs wit'..."

The bliss hits you hard, a mix he called Texas Sunset. It took you somewhere calmer than a normal hit of bliss, pulling you out to float along the dance floor. She was there, too, in silly cat ears, bliss smoke pouring from the spirit's nose in a mocking motion as you watch the lights of the dance floor blend into a haze, almost like a sun sinking beyond the horizon, with sporadic flashes of light through the clouds. Texas Sunset is a tailored version of Bliss that gives you -1 Reation, +1 to all thresholds, -1 to all Limits, High Pain Tolerance 3, and -2 DP to all tests involving vision (including aiming a gun, driving, and perception) due to its visual effects. It lasts 3 hours.

Through the haze of the drug, it seems like the Candyman realizes that Marcina has well and disappeared onto the dance floor. He moves to the balcony overlooking the writhing mass of bodies, and then lets out a chain of expletives that seem Jamaican-themed but unintelligible before turning back around and nodding at you. "Well, it looks like I an' I gonna be makin' our exit. Babylon be at the door, an' bad boys no flee, but that don't mean we don't glide wit' our skengs. You give me a call, you ain't get pinched here."

You watch as he pulls out a pistol checks it before heads down the stairs, and you piece together what he was on about : the police are here, and he's on the way out. The bliss is still hitting you hard, but something in the back of your mind suggests that maybe following his lead wouldn't be the worst idea.

Marcina

You danced for a while, maybe half an hour, before the Candyman appeared next to you. He had a gun in his hand, and he was fuzzy around the edges, like he was sustaining a sort of half-assed invisibility spell. He looms over you, clearly high on bliss and moving a bit slow himself, but his words sound panicked. "Shawty, Babylon is here, and I an' I blowin' this joint 'fore me gets pinched. Headin' for the back door. You taggin'?"

He heads off the dance floor toward the kitchen area without awaiting your answer, near the front-left corner of the place, and you can see that he's gripping a pistol under his coat. Well, it was as likely to be a pistol as some sort of focus, but hopefully you don't find out. You find the two cops by the door a moment later, and recognize one of them: Kenneth, from the Sage. And before you can get there, he and his partner are talking to the Candyman.

Kenneth

The bouncer jovially smiles as he lets you in, announcing your entrance into the club. "And here we have the Lawmen themselves, party-goers! Tuck those pills away, people, we got 5-0 in the buildin'!"

He lets you in without further trouble, and McCall snorts as the two of you step into the techno-filled club. You can barely hear him over the thumping bassline, but he motions toward the bathrooms at the other end of the club and shouts to you. "VIP would be better, but street scum don't sling in it. Bathrooms are what you're lookin' for, unless you're looking for heat from rich kids' parents."

You watch him check his revolver as the two of you make your way through the club's interior, and a half-minute later you're face-to-face with a huge Jamaican man with dreadlocks, clearly holding in his big coat. McCall flashes his badge and his gun and puts a hand on the large man's shoulder. "Texas Rangers. Let's have a talk, pal."

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2014 around 06:35

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

[ @Alma Something else for your story: this stuff is potent. I am...very high right now. We've got police incoming. Find a side exit. And, uh, help me out, too, please? I am very high, and I'm not sure the pretty cat lady I'm dancing with is actually there. ]

[ @Mary Sue Popo's here. Time to bail. ]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
2/3 edge

"poo poo in a casket, I knew this was probably a setup". Marcina grumbles to herself. Okay, its time to be a sorceress in the awesome way, rather than the castrated babby mage full casters tended to sneer at.

The two cops are then treated to this sight looming over them.


It blinks once, twice. "Oh poo poo, its the po-po! Gonna be sick!" And then it 'vomits' all over the two cops and begins having an epileptic seizure on the middle of the floor.

Marcina taps her comm, <Candyman, lets leave>

Casting Trid Fantasm @Force 4:

First roll is 4 hits + 2 hits from edge reroll of dice for = 6 hits total to disbelieve.

[url=http://orokos.com/roll/225263]No drain

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2014 around 01:14

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

With Try:
Gabriel sighed and nodded. If Raphael was here he would reassure her, tell her it wasn't her fault. Gabriel wanted to do the same, he knew Raph was right. He was still bitter though, better to just let the topic pass.
"Yeah I could definitely use the support. I hear good things about the rest of the squad but it would be nice to have someone there I know and trust. As for the beer and the game, I appreciate the offer. Maybe another time though."
That was the other uncomfortable bit of history. It was tempting, but just as laden with uncomfortable emotions. Better to focus on the job for the next few days. Maybe afterwards would leave room for release...

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Marcina, Double-Tap, and Kenneth

Double-Tap

In another moment, almost before you realize it, Alma's got her arm under your shoulder and you've made it down the stairs of the VIP section. At the base, you see the clusterfuck of a situation unfolding with a huge, flailing lizard-rhino-moose monster. Alma's got a stupid grin at her face, grabbing first-hand footage of the impromptu police raid as she gets you to safety. The Bliss keeps you feeling euphoric as you get pulled into the surge of people fleeing from the police, but in another minute you're outside and in the cool February air. It takes you a few seconds, but you piece together what Alma's saying. "Where are your keys? Gotta find your car, gotta leave before more cops show up."

Marcina

Your illusion goes off without a hitch, and the nearby crowd is immediately panicking in light of the police raid and the metahuman monster seizing in the crowd. You watch through the chaos, though, as the cop who wasn't Kenneth cuffed the Candyman and shoved him to the ground before moving on to start grabbing and arresting other drug dealers trying to flee through the crowd. He looks mad, and the strobe light shows you one of his eyes is swelling shut from the cop's sucker punch.

Kenneth

Resisting Illusion (Intuition + Logic) 5d6Cgte5: 1
McCall's Resisting Illusion (Intuition + Logic) 7d6Cgte5: 1

Halfway through McCall confronting the Rastafarian drug dealer, a monstrous sight appears out of the crowd. A bit larger than a troll, it's a lizard-rhino-moose monster, which was somewhere between laughable and terrifying. It was big, though, and the vomit that came spewing out of its mouth felt real enough. The alcohol-scented spew lands all over your coat, and then the thing topples into the throng of people and starts seizing. McCall starts cursing next to you as the crowd starts panicking, but he shoves you a handful of plastic restraints. "You see someone that looks like they're holding, just cuff 'em and put 'em down hard."

He grabs the Rastafarian and overpowers him, wrestling plastic restraints on him and throwing him on his rear end. "You're under arrest, punk. Now sit there while I sort this mess out."

Gabriel De Los Santos

Try slips out your front door and down the hallway, and you could almost feel her regret for rubbing salt in the wound. But it was partially her fault, wasn't it? You spend the evening at home (unless you want to go out). Do you just sack out, or spend your time prepping for the job(s)?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

Well that's A reaction, not sure if that's the one she was going for. Marcina hears giggling coming from somewhere in the astral. Time to step it up. To prevent being trampled by the crowd she moves to a wall near the exit as she fades from view and waits for a chance to act. "ATTICA! OFF THE PIG! *BLARGH*" The retard lizard thing continues to make a scene while she tries to clean up the astral garbage its making.

Okay, casting improved invisibility @ force 1 while sustaining the illusion, that's 1 + (holy poo poo, edge reroll) 4 = 5 threshhold to see me. Marcina is going to hang back against the wall and clean up her astral mess from the illusion spell while she waits for a chance to act.

No Drain

Also my regular sneaking pool is 9 dice, if that comes up

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2014 around 08:05

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

Double Tap is awkwardly pawing for his keys in his pocket.

"Valet took the car...probably out along the back, they never park them far off. Ghost, Alma, your hair is doing some amazing stuff right now."

[ @Mary_Sue Leaving area now, I have help. Will be alright for mission tomorrow. Do you need evac? PS: you know that Candyman? This poo poo is amazing. Sorry, unprofessional. Still amazing.]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

<<Evac would be fantastic. Somewhere around the front please. Its the drat troll from the meet! He's here with some other dude busting folks.>>

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"Alma, first, please do not hold tonight against me. I did this to help you out. Second, wow, you looked good before but this Bliss is doing stuff you wouldn't believe. Third, we're going to have a passenger; don't ask questions, and they'll do the same."

[ @Mary_Sue Head to the front, we'll bring my car around. You'll recognize it, but not the driver. Don't ask questions; She and I value her anonymity. Don't comment on how radiant she looks on this Bliss, she doesn't seem amused by me, and I think she thinks I'm trying to flirt. I am a little. I'll ask around about our troll. Every single source I dug up said he left the Rangers under poor circumstances; you think he's trying to find an opening back in? Drek, this is what our fixer's job is. Fraggin' amateurs. ]

[ @Tex_Yellow Please confirm Runner "Slim" is unaffiliated with law enforcement. I have reason to suspect he may be pulling a double on us. ]

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Double-Tap, Marcina, and Kenneth

Marcina

You vanish into the strobe-colored lights, and consider helping the Candyman before decided to scrub up the scene and let him handle himself. Luckily for you, the drug-dealing Jamaican was quite a bit more than that. Unluckily, he didn't gently caress around. You could feel the spell first, the presence of him pulling the magic into himself. And then the sense of pure dread as Foreboding washes over the entire room. That was the problem when a talismonger got angry: they were never short foci. As you watch the crowd flee the club, the Candyman let loose the first part of his three-phase escape plan: the mist. A thick fog pours into the entire club, opaque and dense, essentially destroying visibility in the club.

Mist 14d6Cgte5: 4 (-4 DP to all visibility tests)

You take the time to clean up the astral signatures in the billowing smoke, and in another moment the Candyman appears beside you with a big grin. "Shawty, waiting for I an' I to be fleein'? Pretty brave of ya'. Now a bit of a diversion while we go."

His hands were free by now, and with a flick of the wrist he does something incredible: he lights the entire roof on fire, a giant wall of flame bursting forth along the ceiling.

Fire 14d6Cgte5: 8

Between the fire and the mist, you can hear the panic, and the overhead sprinklers kick on. The Candyman nods toward the bar. "Exit out da back, ja?"

And then he heads there, ducking through the kitchen and out the back exit of the building.

Double-Tap

As you paw for the keys, you feel an alien hand in your pocket. Alma pulls it back with a grin and says, "Careful there, slick, or you might just end up at my place tonight so I can 'watch' you. But for now, let's see about us getting out of here."

You realize you're in the back parking lot of the club, and Alma uses the clicker to find your car. She gets the door for you and dumps you into the passenger seat before sliding into the black-leather driving seat. She lets out a small---was it a purr? "I didn't realize you traveled in such style, Bill. This'll be fun!"

She starts the car and starts heading out of the parking lot, around the side of the club.

Your comm lights back up from Texas Yellow: <<No, he's not. Used to be a Ranger, poo poo went bad. He's got a bad rep with them now. That was last I heard. Need me to pursue it further?>>

Kenneth

In another minute, McCall is going to work on scumbags holding drugs, cuffing them and throwing them on their asses. A second later, the entire dance floor is filled with opaque smoke, and another two after that the ceiling bursts sporadically into flames. The overhead sprinklers kick on and people start heading for the door, but in another moment the mist and fire vanish entirely, leaving the water pouring down and the panicked dancers shuffling out of the clubs. The moose monster seems to have vanished entirely, but McCall has a whole line of drug dealers in cuffs. He throws you a grin and shouts, "Get to work, bud!"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

"Gawd dayum, not bad at all." Marcina allows herself to professionally admire CM making reality visibly poo poo itself. "Yeah, lets go, I got evac, do you?" <<Belay that DT, coming out the back, will be there shortly>>

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"Believe me, I may not always seem it, but this is precisely the sort of style I'm used to. If not better. Well, wait."

Double Tap takes off the cat ears, blinks his eyes back to normal, and snaps the dumb ears in half.

"Ok. NOW we're closer to the sort of style I'm used to. Give me a month or two, half a year at the most, and I'll be there again. And Miss Mendoza, you make that sort of invitation, I just might have to take you up on it."

[ @Tex No, I'll follow up on it. If he comes out dead, he was a rat. ]

[ @Mary_Sue give me a heads up. What you need, where you at. Did Slick see you? If not, we'll confront him later. Whole city's got my ear, they all say he went runnin' from the Rangers in disgrace. ]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

"CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS IN PERSON?" She yells when she gets to the car, slapping the rear passenger side window.

Two hits on a running test

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Double-Tap, Marcina, and Kenneth

Marcina

You go jogging by the Candyman, commlink in hand, and he whistles before calling after you. "Dayum, Marci. You got other transport, I take it? Wit that fine young rude boy at dat."

In another moment his own tricked-out Cadillac has pulled up in front of him, and you can feel the reggae bass even from thirty feet away. He opens the back door and flashes you another grin. "Well I an' I be seein' you around, then, ja?"

He climbs into the back seat of his car and closes the door, creeping past the rental car you had all taken to the auction house just hours earlier. Through the double-black window you can just barely make out the flicker of a lighter.

Double-Tap and Marcina

Alma laughs, and Double-Tap can feel the Bliss bringing you into another wave of euphoria. Alma nods at Marcina, keeping you from slipping entirely away, and asks, "That the mystery passenger?"

Through the drug-induced haze, Double-Tap can see two women sitting in your back seat, and one has seemed to have lost all her clothing. It took you another moment to realize the naked one wasn't actually there, but Marcina seems to be going through the same experience as you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Double Tap

"That's her. I'm sure you both have secrets to keep, so let's just run it to 'where are we dropping you off, mysterious passanger I'm sure none of us know?' And to my equally mysterious driver, you ain't seeing what I'm seeing, but take it as the highest compliment that I'm paying attention to you and not the incredible hallucination in the empty seat."

Wavering heavily, Double Tap concentrates a bit on the pretty naked lady before turning to Marcina.

"Em, speaking of which, you...you seein' her too? Can I add communal hallucinations to the list of poo poo this Bliss does different?"

  • Locked thread
«23 »