Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

M keeps it out of earshot of whoever the driver lady is. <<Aww, babby's first astral perception. I think she likes you DT>> "Can you drop me off by the train off 360 just north of here? That'd be awesome."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Marcina and Double-Tap

@Marcina, Double-Tap: Mark two edge each for that amazing set of events!

Alma drives into the night, dropping Marcina off at the right train stop, and then asking after where Double-Tap would like to go, suggesting maybe a late-night diner.

What do the two of you do with the rest of the evening? Double-Tap is still high for a few hours.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

[ Astral? Wait, did I actually Awaken? Huh. Bill owes me a clean five hundred nuyen. Wherever the hell he is. Tests always said I was capable, never seemed to happen. Guess running into the Shadows is good for something. I should probably be worried, but everything feels way too good to worry about that. You tell Candyman next you see him I am absolutely going to be a returning customer ]

After dropping her off, Double Tap thinks, comes to the conclusion that a) he totally is hungry, b) spending more time with Alma is a great idea, and c) I bet food just tastes amazing now, and agrees.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge

<Will do. Hey, if you ever get time, I can give you the basics of the situation. See ya at the meet tomm.> Marcina goes home and goes to loving sleep.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3 Ini: 3 -> 0

Sparrow swerves hard across every available lane in an attempt to juke out the shots. It mostly works, though enough shots impact the vehicle to cause her to duck low with a shout. The window pops down and she hangs halfway out, pointing a finger gun back at one of the vehicles. A blue arc forms between her thumb and forefinger.

"I don't play games, fuckerrrrrssss!"

A bolt of lightning punctuates the two exploding grenades. It's safe to say that Sparrow doesn't have the faintest concept of moderation.

She turns to Alfred with a grin. "Want me to get closer so you can hit them with your sword?"

pfffttt forgot to factor in the -5 from long burst so I had to reroll all these
Dodge 1 vs. Long Burst: 5d6t5 2
Dodge 2 vs. Long Burst: 5d6t5 3
Dodge 3 vs. Long Burst: 5d6t5 1
Car Soak vs, 9P: 13d6t5 5
car takes 4P

lookit all these fuckin dice yo. Sparrow and the two drones are each attacking one of the cars. drones are shooting grenades
Drone 1 Attack: 9d6t5 4
Drone 2 Attack: 9d6t5 2
Force 6 Lightning Bolt: 12d6t5 4 10P (e) Physical against a car
Resist 3 Drain: 8d6t5 5 no drain

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth grins a toothy Trollish grin and moves towards McCall, he grabs anyone who's clearly holding, probably holding, or hell, just looks like they did drugs once or twice and cuffs them, shoving them roughly towards the wall that is near McCall. He does everything almost the same as McCall except with more force than is necessary. The Troll uses his brutish size and force to 'get the most' out of his job. It's obvious as he enjoys himself that seems to have forgotten that he's not ACTUALLY a Ranger anymore.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sparrow and Alfred Nobel
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 23:30

Sparrow's drones let loose another birage of HE grenades along with a burst of lighting out the window. The explosives and lightning hit their marks, make quick work of the poo poo ganger cars with destroyed axles and a partially-melted engine block. The drones make it back, too, safely inside the trunk of the Americar as you run the second light. Finch catches up with the two of you in the van, slowing down after you make it a few miles from the scene of the crime. The vehicle seems largely unscathed, unlike your Americar---which is now sporting a fine triplet of 9mm holes in it. Alfred seems none the worse for wear, even in light of the explosions.

As you drive, Finch sends a comm to Sparrow. <<poo poo who that bangin' troll you brought along?>> <<is he single>> <<can i get his digits>> <<lets hit my shop to dump the van>>

It's maybe an hour drive back across the sprawl of Dallas-Fort Worth to Finch's workshop, and she didn't seem keen to speed in the stolen van. Once you get there, she parks it inside and closes the workshop door over it. Then she comes to see the two of you off. "Sparrow, that was loving nuts. I'll pop the chip tonight, rewrite that poo poo. Should be good tomorrow, 'bout noon. And you, Mr. Trollman. What's your name? And what do you do for fun? And are you in on the cut, or what?"

Kenneth
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 23:30

Here is an Extended Test using your Texas Ranger Tactics (Easy, Quick) to get these punks in cuffs. They didn't see it coming.
Texas Ranger Tactics 7d6Cgte5: 1, Texas Ranger Tactics 6d6Cgte5: 2, Texas Ranger Tactics 5d6Cgte5: 3

It takes about three minutes from the start of everything until the club is mostly empty and the two of you have maybe fifteen chumps lined up against the wall of the empty dance floor. The manager is down there, and he got into an argument with McCall about proper authorities and warrants, but McCall simply throws his head at the punks and suggests that Lone Star showing up for fifteen free collars wasn't exactly about to become a legal problem. Then he walks back over to you and looks the street punks up and down. "What do you thinK? Wanna roll 'em and cut 'em loose, or wait for Lone Star to show up and haul 'em off? I can handle that part, let you mosey on outta here, if you want."

Double-Tap
Thursday, 2075/2/7, 02:00

You end up with Alma at Sweet Belle's in the midcities after dropping Marci off, with plates of bacon and pancakes and diner-trash coffee that's drinkable after a second half-and-half and a few sugars. Alma, the trained reporter that she is, manages to maintain a perfectly engaging conversation with you without asking you anything you'd feel uncomfortable sharing. The two of you talk about the Rattlers, and she mentions tickets to a game coming up that she got from the bid pool at the paper; about the Aztlan activity in Austin and the inside news she's gotten of trouble brewing from the reporter she knows down there; about how the new interstate construction has been sandbagged by city hall; and rumors about Luxury Unlimited releasing a new line of 'runner BTLs that's partially shot already. The meal cost you 40, but the gossip she gave you was probably worth every last one. After that, she got you to take her back to the car by the club, and it was 2 in the morning by the time you got back to your poo poo-hole apartment to sleep.

Everyone
Thursday, 2075/2/7, [The Morning]

Thursday brings the job, and the last-minute preparations before it goes down. Some of you head to work*cough*Alfred*cough*, while others sleep off the heavy drugs they did the night before.

How do you spend your morning, into the afternoon? What do you do before the job? Any last-minute shopping or prep? Where are the lot of you meeting up to kick this run off?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 2/3

<< nobel maybe yes yes >>
<< in that order >>
<< gonna have to get some more grenades at this rate >>

"That wasn't too bad, huh?" She slaps Alfred on the shoulder. "Oh yeah, thought I'd give you a heads up: my girl's crushin' on you right now if you wanna give her a call."

Upon arriving back at the shop, Sparrow swiftly removes her possessions from the ricer and sets about cleaning out her drones' weapons. It seems that a little black bird with piercing blue eyes has perched itself upon her shoulder, though Finch doesn't seem to notice. It regards Alfred curiously in between bouts of whispering in Sparrow's ear.

"I already told you his name, woman! Jeeez. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a lot of stuff to do that doesn't involve listening to you two hit on each other, aight? Send me a message when the van's ready."

The next morning is spent drinking cheap soykaf and refilling the bird feeder outside the apartment. Rather than head back inside, she standing around, sipping her drink and impatiently eyeballing her clock. A sizable falcon swoops down out of the blue and lands on her shoulders, knocking her hat off and leaving a sizable bruise.

"Jesus Christ, man! Bird. Sir," she corrects herself rapidly, "sorry. We can't just do this in the open, people might think this is weird!" Sparrow stumbles around a corner and into a secluded alleyway. The bird was easily comparable to her in size. The moment they're out of sight, she pulls a rat from her pocket and tosses it up for her feathered friend to snatch out of the air.

It doesn't even last a bite. "I could be doing something else right now, you know."

"I need you on standby for - ow, easy on the grip, please! - for a thing." She pulls her hat off so she can look up at the spirit.

"A thing?"

"Yessir, a thing. Owowow okay okay it's a heist and it'll probably go bad 'cause they always do and - ow ow youcangoaftersundownevenwehaven'tstartedyet okay please?" Sparrow cringes in expectation of a refusal. "I only need you for if something goes really really wrong before we're set up!"

The falcon cranes his head to the sky, grumbling. "Very well." He buffets Sparrow with his wings as he takes to the sky and disappears from sight.

"Thanks, sir!"

Summoning a Force 6 Air Spirit with Elemental Attack and Energy Aura in the morning. Mostly just having this guy on standby until sundown, depending on when things go down.
Summoning Force 6 Air Spirit: 14d6t5 5
Spirit Resist: 6d6t5 3 two favors
Resist 6 Drain: 8d6t5 3 ow
gonna try and sleep off as much stun as I can before the job

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

Double Tap wakes up slightly late - almost noon-ish - but still in time to drop off the rented car. Then, giving a message to one of the bigger club owners in the area he knows, it's time to do some research.

[@Blavis Hey man, DT here. Heard Crema got hit up last night. Yeah, the weird cat place. It's like a man can't make a buck these days without Lone Star sticking their noses in. You running good? Hear any details about the hit or the cops who did it? Wanna make sure my main man here doesn't have trouble coming his way! ]

After that, he...well, mostly loiters around, not doing much of anything but vaguely keeping busy, until, at least an hour BEFORE their designated meeting time, he sends out a message after walking to an abandoned warehouse in one of the shady parts of town. After ensuring none of the homeless were staying there.

[@Team Head to the location I'm about to send you. We need to go over some stuff pre-job. This place is isolated so nobody will hear us planning our outrageously illegal activities. If you don't got a car, then buddy up with someone and ask for a lift. Be here ASAP; too late to run out on this job now ]

And then Double Tap checks his guns. If one of them WAS a cop, he might be needing them earlier then he thought.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Al is a bit surprised by the machine gun of questions coming out of Finch. "Uh... Alfred Nobel. Most people just call me 'Al.' And usually hit up raves... uh, not the nice ones, like in clubs or anything; usually warehouses or squats. Oh, and this sort of thing" gesturing to the van. "And this was more or less a one-time deal, sort of a labor exchange with Sparrow. Though, if you ever have something like this again, let me know. Nice way to spend an evening. Speaking of which, I have to be up rear end-early in the morning. Have a good night."

Alfred will be picking up his shock gloves on the way to work the next morning.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@Thanatosian: Make another part of the extended test for your job. It should be 8 DP now. You pick up the Shock Glove from a Stuffer Shack.

@Everyone: Any other details or tidbits, or are we ready to get going?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Well, Double Tap plans on confronting Kenneth BEFORE we begin, thus why he's asking the night club manager what they know about the hit and asking the others to meet early!

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Explosives roll for job: 7d6t5 2 The job checks are kind of intimidating; I just wrote that up for background. Now, I'm nervous that I'm going to get fired if I get a few bad rolls. D:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


If DT wants to drag around Marcina for the confrontation with Ken, I'm/she's down with that, otherwise, staying sober, eating real food, and showing up at the meeting location and ready to do some running (Bringing my toys inc the new ones I bought. Asstault rifle is loaded with the less-lethal/Stun rounds).

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Note: Confrontation doesn't mean Kenneth's gonna eat it!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Yeah, its just gonna be "Dude, WTF?" and "I was just shaking down people for cash" that's fine

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth shrugs at McCall, "Turn 'em in, toss 'em, do whatever you want man. Maybe you'll get a promotion for this. I should probably disappear before The Star shows up though, ya know?" He chuckles and then leans in, grabbing McCall's shoulder and muttering, "I owe you one man, maybe we can have a drink some time, catch up, it's been a while buddy." He slaps McCall a bit too hard on the shoulder in friendly gesture then heads out with another thank you and tip of his hat.

I'm ready whenever yall are!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


always ready

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Kenneth
Wednesday, 2075/2/6, 23:30

McCall nods over the goons. "gently caress it, I'll turn 'em in. You're right, probably a promotion in it for me, a bust like this. Take it easy, bud."

Double-Tap
Thursday, 2075/2/7, 19:40

Blavis hits you back after maybe twenty minutes. <<Checked into it. Doesn't look like a planned hit. My guy said some Rangers were involved, did the initial hit, Lone Star rolled in later. Popped 20+. Shady poo poo. Maybe corrupt?>>

It takes you almost fourty minutes to find the right place. The first two were full of squatters, and the next two smelled too bad to really stand. The ninth, though, was perfect: secluded, just off the Dallas airport area. A true drug-runner's dream, and the exact place you could fire a gun and be certain it'd take the cops at least five minutes to show up. Which, incidentally, is enough time to vanish completely.

Finding a Warehouse (Drug Running + Intuition) 6d6Cgte5: 2
Finding a Warehouse (Drug Running + Intuition) 5d6Cgte5: 3
Finding a Warehouse (Drug Running + Intuition) 4d6Cgte5: 0
Finding a Warehouse (Drug Running + Intuition) 3d6Cgte5: 1

Everyone
Thursday, 2075/2/7, 20:00

@Arkangelus: If you need to do anything before this starts, just post about the day you spend getting it.

The lot of you show up to Double-Tap's abandoned warehouse. Sparrow's brought a large van in favor of the Americar she was driving at the meeting, a panel-van affair large enough to fit all of you comfortably. It looked like it could move, too: someone had ripped out most of the interior. If you knew anything about engines you could tell most of the rest of the 'unnecessary' features had been removed---you know, those heavy things like emission filters, GridGuide support, collision sensors, and air conditioning. The decker shows up, pale-looking and a bit worried. That skinny kid called Hardline seemed like something was bothering him, but otherwise ready to go. Rich-kid Marcina showed up on foot, again, and by the time everyone was there it was hard to tell the warehouse from a biker gang hideout.

It's go time, unless y'all got some poo poo to work out first!

Magical Panel Van
3/3 Handl, 4 Speed, 2 Accel, 16 Bod, 12 Armor, 0 Pilot, 0 Sensor, 8 Seats

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge

"Okay folks, we ready to do this?" She looks at the decker. "Last chance or forever hold your peace. Sparrow, if you could get us some last minute recon, we can hit it up. I'll cast a distraction to get a guard outside, incapacitate, move in through northeast window, like we planned." She hefts the duffel bag of her picks, kits, gear, etc including the torches and whatnot. "Anything more complex is going to go to hell so get ready to improvise." She looks arounds. "Please do not kill people if at all avoidable, we have multiple less-lethal methods available. Forgive my paranoia, but I've worked with a katana adept before."

Marcina looks around for DT <So what the gently caress are we doing about the two-faced cowboy? We seriously going to risk him being in on this?>

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2014 around 07:35

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

"I've got regular ammo and stick'n'shock for whatever we need. I do have one minor concern before we go. Like Mary Sue said, if I can't trust you behind me, now's the time to leave. We don't know each other TOO well - suits me fine, we're here to make cash, not chummers for life. However, I can't help but get a bit nervous when it turns out one of us -"

Double Tap moves fast. One moment his hand is by his side, the next it's holding a pistol, inches away from Kenneth's forehead.

"Is a fraggin' badge. Everyone I talk to says you're an ex-Ranger. VERY ex. Bad blood there. Hey, I get it. If we're spilling secrets, I'm ex-Ares. Also very ex. But I also happen to know those same Rangers you are most emphatically not in rolled up a club last night - with you jandering about, wearing their badge alongside them. You trying to get into their good graces? Gonna land a heatwave on us as soon as we grab the book? Talk. Or we make a deposit at the body bank."

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer

Alfred Nobel

Alfred loads the reinforced cases into the van. "drat, Sparrow, you guys work fast; nice job." Holding up one of the cases, "and it's not much, but if drek starts to go down, it should be some protection for the manuscripts; don't try and use it for a bulletproof vest or anything, but it should at least keep the blood off, and be able to absorb some shrapnel."

In response to Marcina, Al flexes his hands, showing off his new gloves. "I've got it covered. And try not to forget who's on your team; I've worked with burnouts before."

When Double Tap pulls his gun, Alfred takes a few steps back and draws his katana, just in case things start to get interesting.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

Sparrow smiles and throws Alfred a thumbs up.

Her grin disappears as soon as a gun gets pulled. "Nope!" The mage vanishes from sight, the only indication of her existence being the sound of frantic footsteps and the following opening of the van's driver side door. "Nopenopenope! "

She van starts to roll away in short order.

I'm rolling these assuming I never slept my stun off?
Force 3 Imp. Invis.: 11d6t5 5 hell yes
Resist 2 Drain: 7d6t5 0 gently caress that, edge
Edge Reroll Drain Resist: 7d6t5 4 no drain
sustaining it using focused concentration 3

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7h)
Phys Init 14+4d6

"Yup." Marcina shares Sparrow's sentiment but takes a slightly different route as her body snaps into a defensive stance.


Increase Reflexes: 7 hits(+7 init, +3d6)
No drain

Probably going to sustain this for awhile.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2014 around 03:27

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth doesn't flinch, doesn't look angry, doesn't even seem to notice the gun for a bit before he starts to chuckle low in his throat. He gives Double Tap a grin and then moves towards him incredibly slowly, hands out and showing no threat, just pressing his head against the barrel of the gun and moving his imposing frame to loom over the boy. "Listen here son, I know you're used to this glittered high-life bull poo poo and pulling this kind of thing seems like something you can get away with in your little corporate hold out. A friend asked me for a favor. I got help from a different friend to do that favor. One of those friends is a member of a biker gang, the other friend is a current Texas Ranger. I may have left the Rangers, and yes, I left them in a bit of a hurry due to some bad blood. But do you think I just stopped knowing everyone in my past?"

He chuckles and looks around the room in disbelief before bearing down even more on the kid, he still doesn't raise his voice. "I got asked, payed even, to hit a group of Drug Dealers, because I used to be a Ranger and I know how to swagger like one. I decided the best way to do that was to actually bring a loving Ranger, and since one of my old friends was looking for a promotion I decided to help him out. I get the job done, get payed, my friend gets the credit. Now put your little pistol away and stop showing your rear end boy, because if you keep wagging it around like this you're gonna introduce yourself to a piece so big it'll ruin your walkin' for a week." He turns away and motions towards the rest of the group, "Am I now required to send you all a memo every time I go have a bit of fun with my friends?" He motions idly back towards Double Tap, "I mean, just because everyone in your past probably wants to kill you doesn't mean everyone in my past does. I have friends, I'm sorry the concept is loving new to you." He just shrugs and looks annoyed, waiting to see how everyone else responds.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

DT shows no emotion and simply keeps the gun aimed as he speaks in turn.

"If you're trying to intimidate me by being the big bad troll, you're going to have to do far better then that. I'm ex-Ares. I saw poo poo far more immediately dangerous then you on a regular basis. Now, me? I don't trust ya. See, I get the whole 'friends' thing, but I keep my badge friend plied with booze, donuts, and nuyen, not by running law-games in my spare time. You're telling us to trust you 'cause you still got connections to your past, but in case you forgot, that paste was decidedly unfriendly to our current occupation. But we're runners, not military, so I put it to group vote. We keep you in the group no questions asked. We keep you in with someone eying you. We tell you to head home, and done is done. Or we don't risk things and we raise our profits by cutting you out and adding organ legging to the night's activities. What do the rest of you think? Someone get that drat rigger back, incidentally. Running out like that at the first sign of trouble doesn't give me high confidence in our escape driver. And turning invisible only to give herself away right after doesn't give me high confidence in her decision making."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7h)
Phys Init 14+4d6

"...guys, chill, I'm for proceeding. If lawman here does poo poo on us, everyone in the runner community will know and that's going to be far worse for him than us having Atzlan standoffs here in an abandoned building. Sparrow rabbited because she probably didn't expect guns to be pulled this early. Damning with faint praise I know, but I'm seriously hoping we aren't doing ganger-entry level Runner bullshit, kay?" She twitches. "Also this is the highest I've ever cast this spell at and it feels like I just injected novacoke into my eyeball." <Sparrow get yer rear end back here>.

We head to the northwest corner of the property, and I do my thing as soon as Hardline gets into their cameras, got it?" Marcina starts cleaning up the spell residue.

I don't want to start rolling negotiation vs other PCs, but whatever it takes to keep going.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2014 around 16:16

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


I think all of you should keep in mind that Dallas has a minuscule Runner community by comparison to other cities, so if Kenneth do something as absurd as burning all of you with the cops he'd be branded as a snitch in that community permanently. That makes it less likely here than, say, Denver. You can also think about Texas Yellow, who vouched for Kenneth. How likely is it that he'd let someone betray his word?

Also, please don't start rolling negotiation against each other.

A few other things to think about :

1. Hasn't Double-Tap handled this kind of thing before? He was a Johnson, after all; why is he freaking out about someone working with/for him doing shady poo poo? And Kenenth's got a bad reputation, which I assume Double-Tap looked into? If so, he'd know that Kenneth is actually in pretty poor standing with the Rangers.

2. I'm sure this isn't the first time that Kenneth has had someone, part of the criminal element, mistrust him for his background. I'd be surprised if this was even the first time someone shoved a gun in his face for it. Aside from a big, scary troll, I bet he has other ways to diffuse the situation.

3. Sparrow, you've been in two gang shootouts in as many days. Why are you bailing now?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2014 around 02:15

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

<< why >>

There's a long, uncomfortable pause in the message traffic while Sparrow begins to circle around the block.

<< im not gonna haul folks around if im worried about taking a bullet in the back from them ok >>
<< either because theres a fight in the van or because one got it out for me >>
<< thats just some amateur hour garbage that im not ok with >>
<< i dont play that game >>
<< and i sure aint gonna be around for a runner fight >>

She raps her fingers on the steering wheel as she takes another corner. The aimless drive was calming enough that she could consider her response. One flyspy takes to the air and leaves through the window on its way to monitor the others.

<< im orbiting >>
<< if everyones cool ill come back >>
<< if anyone dies then im punching out and ill personally return my drat advance pay >>
<< and yall can hoof it for all i care >>
<< and if anyones stupid enough to try and threaten me into this >>
<< then lol >>

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

"Look, Hombre, I'm not trying to be scary. I'm trying to be loving reasonable. I don't spend my days watching you. I. Did. A. Job. I didn't even DO it for the rangers. Maizon, leader of the Triple N Raiders asked me to hit some drug dealers that were dealing on his turf. It had NOTHING to do with the Rangers. I just have contacts there. If you were asked to stop some Jamacian drug dealers in a club you would come at it the way you would. Using your Ares contacts and what you had at your service. The Rigger would come at it her way, using her gadgets and being a get away driver. A mage would go in magical. I'm an Ex-loving Ranger. I come at it the way a Ranger would because it's my past. I have a certain set of skills that I learned in my past... Everyone does, that's why we get hired as a loving group, we'd be USELESS if we were all of the exact same loving skill set. The Raiders wanted it too look like cops hit up their competition, I did them one better and had actual loving cops hit them up."

He leans over the Ex-Arex employee once more before grumbling, "I don't mean to say this in a threatening manner, so don't take it that way, but you don't have Ares behind you any more. You execute me right here and you'll be a runner that killed an Ex-Ranger to most people, most of the people who hear about it won't give a poo poo... But that doesn't mean that I don't have friends, insurance. I used to be a cop. If I flatline here do you really think that no one will ask questions? Do you think that my Doc-Wagon beacon just won't work? Do you think that the people who hired me, the people who vouched for my effectiveness in the field will just be happy I died? You're right, you could kill me if I betrayed you, the people in the shadows here would probably do it for you, but do you think they'd be happy if you laid me out right here for no reason? Do you think that the fixer that set this up will just be happy? How do you think I know Texas Red? The question I'm asking, the meaning of my threats is simple, do you think that after you kill me you'll just be OK? Are you really that naive? I don't want to kill you, I don't want to hurt you, if I did I would have pulled a weapon or tried to subdue you by now. Jesus wept son, can you talk like a real living adult instead of waiving that poo poo around in front of your face like you was born a bitch?"

<<Nobody is fighting, this kid pulled on me, he wants to shoot me. I'm not gonna pull on him, we're god drat co-workers, I have more loving reason than that. I just don't think he fully grasps the severity of his situation. It's fine, Rigger. It'll be alright. Although, staying out there is probably a good idea. This idiot kills me, Give his picture to Maizon of the Raiders and a Texas Ranger based out of Dallas called McCall. They'll deal with it but good. Tell 'em I sent you and they'll even pay you for the info.>>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Look, y'all work this out, geek someone if you gotta[1], but I'll say two things: you're a group of no-name criminals who have accepted a measly sum of money to break into an auction house. None of you should trust each other until you've done some criminal poo poo together! That's why I've had you running side jobs together: to get you more comfortable, IC, as a team. Would it be surprising if one of you is a crooked cop? poo poo, one of you is a wage-slave! Having a group of criminals from different walks of life is seldom pretty. Can you get past those differences and do the loving job? I'd loving hope so. That's what shadowrunners are, and that's why I asked you to hand me characters, not 'runner stat blocks. Oh, and the second job I have planned will make it clear ain't nobody a cop.

1: Though the geeked should roll up a new character no hard feeling OOC.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2014 around 21:07

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

<< i have a name you know >>
<< ok >>
<< and thanks for officially dragging me into this >>
<< jesus christ >>

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

DT's voice drops to match the troll's.

"Been betrayed before, omae. Not gonna be betrayed again. First time cost me plenty as is. I don't have Ares contacts. Maybe you didn't read me - I am very ex Ares. I don't have buddies to back me up if things go wrong. I don't have a contingency plan to get my revenge. I get double crossed one more time and it's ghoul chow for me."

And then suddenly in one smooth motion, the gun leaves Kenneth's head and, with a small flourish, tucks back into DT's holster, and he gives a chipper grin.

[@Mary_Sue I take it you feel that it's best we move on]

"But the votes are in! None of us here are exactly chummers, and I won't lie Kenneth, I trust you the least. But the others are vouching for you then that'll have to do. See the thing is, it ain't that you got a badge. I have one of Lone Star's 'finest' on a trail of synthahol, donuts, and chits. I can work with crooked cops. But you weren't the only one of us at that club. And one of my teammates wearin' a badge and calling in Lonestar, in a place where other members of the group are? Hey, maybe it was coincidence - weirder drek has happened. But that's a pretty dangerous coincidence. On the other hand, they've chosen to hold their tongue and vote without chatter. If they'll accept you...then so will I."

DT is more paranoid of being set up again then anything else, since he just barely escaped the first time with his life - and lost basically his metaphorical life in the process. Not easy going from a full corporate SIN to nothing! He'll still work with him though! He's just weary. Slash paranoid. He's also vaguely still thinking like a Johnson and, for all his talk of voting and runners not being military, expects he'll have to take a vague sort of leadership position - which means watching over the team and making sure they don't get screwed.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2014 around 02:28

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7h)
Phys Init 14+4d6

<DT, Affirmative. Uh, out of curiosity, did you see the downsy lizard thing? Just asking.>

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel speaks up, his dry tone making it obvious that he wants you to think he's above all this type of drama: "Right then, we 'bout ready to do this thing? I dunno 'bout y'all but I'd like to get paid tonight if at all possible. Let's get to work."

Sorry for the absence QN, should be back on schedule now.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth shrugs and then turns away, "Yeah man, we can put in some work now, I would hope." He shakes his head and walks over to sit down, pulling out a flask and taking a drink.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Everyone
Thursday, 2075/2/7, 20:00

Hardline, who up until this point looked like he might either leave or pull his own gun, finally finds his own voice. "Let's just get this done. The sooner I don't have to deal with this inter-team drama, the better."

The situation finally seems diffused, even if the unease still hung oppressively in the air. The sun was down, though, and the air was cold along with treacherous. The problem resolved, or at least shelved, it's time to go to work.

Load up and drive over! Or kill each other!

Here are all the maps:

The blueprints
Map with Thermal Hedge Sensors Marked
Exterior Camera Map
Interior cameras the crew saw

Who is riding with who, and where are you parking? Hardline will pop whatever electronics you ask for (or at least try), and he'll brick whatever he can if things get sloppy.

Does anyone care that I started using bold text instead of the image-based title plates I was using?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2014 around 23:19

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

Sparrow eventually makes her way back to the rest of the team to pick up anyone that wanted a ride over to the site. The veil of invisibility remains up, but it does little to hide the fact that she was silently sulking all the way to the auction house. It isn't until she pulls to the side of the road a block away that she speaks again.

"We're here." A window cracks itself open and her four flyspies make their exit. "Give the flies a minute to do their sweep."

bold titles are fine too

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011
Be sure and check User's rap sheet they are very naughty!

Double Tap

DT is in the van! And looking over the maps.

"Check out the loading dock door to see how it's locked; it has only one camera eyeing it, and you can pull into the loading dock if we can bust that lock. Other approach is just straight through the front; those doors aren't covered at all, but are probably far better secured. Everyone, keep an eye out for physical security; the guards had ritual scars on them, so I'm going to guess they take their job seriously."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7h)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

On the drive over, Marcina hops in the van, takes out an inhaler, does the whole thing in one hit, coughs once, and adds her 2 nuyen:
"I hope that ritual stuff ain't creepy Azzie bullshit. Anywhoo, Hardline, I'm gonna need specific cameras and sensors and whatnot to go down, but not immediately. I'm gonna make a realistic illusion, have it attract a guard outside. There's a blind spot in the northwest corner, right by that door. I need a team mate willing to go invisible to lurk there and k.o. or incapacitate that fucker inside that blind spot. I dunno what Sparrow or Gabe have up their grimoire, but I'm sure something will pop up."

She pauses,"If I can get into that guy's armor and change myself into him, we can get access a hell of a lot easier. Once that's taken care of we can go with the issue of getting other folks into the building with me, but with luck I might be able to waltz up to the vault doors and take those locks out with hardline's help."

Marcina shrugs. "Or plan b we just shoot everybody (gell ammo, please), cut the safe off the floor, and have sparrow drive right up to the loading dock."

Marcina looks out at the property and cracks her knuckles. "Any objections before we start this?"

Popping Psyche, 10 minute onset time I'm assuming covers the trip.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2014 around 04:48

  • Locked thread
«23 »