Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 1/3

"Naw, we good." Sparrow maneuvers one of her recce drones around towards the loading bay. "Someone give me a heads up if it gets bad enough that we need to start dropping bodies. I'll just be holding my fire until then."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Is there still a secondary vehicle like we talked about? Regardless, Gabriel's preference will be to ride over in whichever vehicle will be parked closest to the auction house. The nameplates are a nice touch, but your sanity is definitely a higher priority.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Everyone

Loaded up and in position, the lot of you head to the auction house. You spot a guard outside the front doors, smoking a cigarette, as you drive by. The parking lot on the side looks mostly empty, just a few cars, likely the guards' and any other late-night employees.

Okay, where are you parking, what's happening? IT'S CRIME TIME!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


A few book-keeping things before this kicks off:

Everyone mark 7 Karma for the antics from the last few IC days. It was all incredible, and everyone deserves a share.

Malikial, mark 8 instead for going along with me making you out to be a bad guy.

Everyone should have full edge. If you don't, mark them, for the same reason: your IC adventures were incredible in general, from heart-felt apartment conversations to .

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


My PC has a bunch of safecracking stuff so we don't absolutely have to cut out the safe. Also her leadership pool is 14 so she can add on average 4-5 dice to your pools as needed.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

"Camera feeds going up now."

Flyspy 1 Stealth: 9d6t5 1
Flyspy 1 Clearsight: 9d6t5 2

Flyspy 2 Stealth: 9d6t5 5
Flyspy 2 Clearsight: 9d6t5 1

Flyspy 3 Stealth: 9d6t5 1
Flyspy 3 Clearsight: 9d6t5 2

Flyspy 4 Stealth: 9d6t5 3
Flyspy 4 Clearsight: 9d6t5 5

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sparrow

Your Flyspys circle the building, keeping decent distances and trying to pick out anything they can see while they buzz around, easily mistaken for the wasps they are modeled after. Their aggregated sensor feeds paint a number of guards around the place, including a few through the windows, and you share the information with the rest of the team. At one point you see a guard notice two of them, but then he speaks into his comm: "Looks like some wasps have moved in, probably living under the loading docks or something. Careful not to get stung, leave a memo for management."

Everyone

Here are all the guard the FlySpys found on a map. The one inside seems to be eating some peanuts or something from the food prep area, and the one on the north side is smoking. The one in the front of the building looks bored, and the one in the back is walking along that back wall, like he's circling the place. He eventually gets to the front, bullshits with the guy there, and after about five or six minutes makes the walk again, sometimes trading off with the guy in the front.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

"Hear that? Bet you some jackass is gonna roll down to the loading dock any minute now," Sparrow grumbles. "Who you going after first? Want me to go monitor anywhere else?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

"Alright, I'ma do a scouting run in mage space." Gabriel taps his temple underscoring the point and quickly reviews any precautions he can or may need to take while scouting the building.
Magical Security Knowledge Check: 10d6t5 3
Maybe unnecessary but oh well

Making sure that he's belted in Gabriel begins meditating and gradually separates his consciousness from his ailing shell. Almost immediately he feels stronger and more sure of himself. He wondered how much time Raphael was spending astral these days. In reality projection is taxing on the body and the spirit, but leaving behind the frailties of the flesh was nevertheless a relief.

Quickly he refocuses on the task at hand and begins examining the guards and other surroundings to make sure there are no surprises in the form of spirits or mages to be found.

Astral Projection - Perception check: 8d6t5 2
Assensing #1: 8d6t5 2

If more assensing rolls are necessary feel free to roll them or I can.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Gabriel De Los Santos

You leave your body and pull your astral self into being, free of the trappings of your mortal coil. You sweep toward the building, right through the side of the van, and extend your magical senses over the place. The guards are mundane, as expected, and the place is surrounded in high-tech security, but it's the smaller auras you see inside that catch your attention. There are a handful just outside the main vault, inside the loading dock: they look like paintings and statues, old goods with a bit of magic about them. Then you continue your sweep, moving by the office.

What you see there is... strange might be the right word, if it didn't also make the bottom fall out of your stomach. In the back office of the place, a small stack of fetishes sit on a shelf behind the main desk. But the signatures look wrong, twisted, scarred with something dark and sinister. You don't recognize the aura of the mage they're attuned to, but you couldn't mistake the tradition: they're Aztlan-style Aztec. And they're sitting in a row, like you might arrange statues or awards, little prizes of some sort.

There don't appear to be any significant works done in the entire auction house, and you can't find a ward or any traces of astral signatures beyond those fetishes and the minor stuff in the warehouse.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

"Alright, here's the plan, the backup plan, and the drek plan..."

Look here!

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


If Gabriel gets closer (astrally) and makes an arcana check is there a possibility of gathering more information about the various items or is he pretty much tapped out without physically handling/conferring with sources?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


You can float into the building and make an assensing roll per object if you'd like. Remember that you run the risk of a guard wandering through you.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth comms in, <<Just tell me what to do when we need to do things. I am at your disposal. I'm gonna load up for non-lethal, these guys are guarding an auction house, not an organ legging operation.>>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge

<<Ditto, DT just came up with a plan, hold on>> She waits for an explanation. <<Moving to the south part of the complex, waiting for Hardline to come through, will follow through when him and you are done.>>

Going with da plan, waiting along the bottom for ken to take out a guard and basically do a nicer version of the body theft thing from Prototype.[/i]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

Sparrow reaches towards Kenneth, shaping the ambient mana into a veil of invisibility. It was a shoddy veil of invisibility, but hey, you can't weave a masterpiece on every attempt.

<< invis up on ken >>
<< putting two in position hold up >>

A few unseen pokes on her AR screen orders two of the drones to move to a higher elevation.

Force 3 Imp. Invis. on Kenneth: 11d6t5 2
Resist 2 Drain: 7d6t5 1 are you for real
e: moving drones

Atlatl fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2014 around 18:12

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel decides to update the team on his findings before continuing further. He relays what he saw paying particular attention to the two groups on magical objects.
<<There's some magical paintings/statues inside the loading dock. If y'all are interested in them I'll check them out when you get to that location.>>
<<Something potential worrisome in the back office. I'm gonna check it out now.>>
With that he once again forces aside the world and returns to astral space heading to the back office.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


If you are goiung forward with this plan, I need the following:

- Stealth rolls from malikial, Ronwayne and ProfessorCirno.
- Assensing rolls from Gabriel (a total of seven, for all the fetishes)
- Which drones Sparrow is moving higher, and to what end? The rotos, or the Fly Spys? Either way, a few stealth rolls for that.

I'll make whatever rolls I don't have by in about fours hours, and post an updated map (and possibly initiative pass) then.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Only using flyspies right now.
North -> Loading Dock
East -> Up top, towards the entrance
South -> Staying put
West -> Up top, towards the North end

North Flyspy Stealth: 9d6t5 4
East Flyspy Stealth: 9d6t5 2
South Flyspy Stealth: 9d6t5 0 lol i cant even use edge on that thanks drone
West Flyspy Stealth: 9d6t5 4

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

Sneaking: 10d6t5 5

Double Tap is basically a goddamn ghost. As soon as he slips out of the van, he all but vanishes into the darkness of the night. Ares training at it's finest, it would seem.

[ @Mary Sue Be ready. If Kenneth makes too much noise, throw down an illusion of like...I dunno, some kinda dumb loud critter running away, or something ]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
3/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7h)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<Moving>> Marcina puts on the motorcycle helmet she bought and closes the visor. She gets into position along the southern rout. Sneaking past school security guards and mall cops was one thing, but these dudes looked pretty serious. It was a question of If, not When they got spotted, but she hoped the plane would be far enough along that they wouldn't have to bottle after only being spotted in the parking lot.

Rolled 3 hits. not sure if this is enough or I should edge the failures or what.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

<< flies in position >>
<< lemme know if you got any requests for spots >>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Everyone

The guard making his way around the south of the building misses the two of you making your way up the drive in the darkness of night, and don't even notice the slight blur of a troll standing at the kitchen loading dock. In fact, he seems distracted by a wasp at the camera, looking around as if looking for the thing's nest.

Map, and I've removed the Camera fields that Hardline has currently deactivated. I have marked the active thermal sensors, though.

@malikial, I moved you onto the loading dock so that you'd get a +2 for attacking from a Superior Position (which happens to be jumping off the loading dock at this unsuspecting chump).

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

<< kenneth you want me to buzz the dude? >>

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel rushes headlong through the wall into the office, instinctively trying to close his eyes while doing so. Some habits die hard, thankfully that's not how this thing works.
He looks at the fetishes warily, makes one last check that no malevolent spirit or watcher lies in hiding, and begins to examine them one by one.

Assensing #2: 8d6t5 2
Assensing Fetish #2: 8d6t5 3
Assensing Fetish #3: 8d6t5 3
Assensing Fetish #4: 8d6t5 0
Assensing Fetish #5: 8d6t5 2
Assensing Fetish #6: 8d6t5 3
Assensing Fetish #7: 8d6t5 2

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


Kenneth

Kenneth nods and grumbles out, "I've never been accused of being subtle before, but I can give it a try." as he has invis cast on him.

Ken Sneaking around...

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@malikial, I moved you onto the loading dock so that you'd get a +2 for attacking from a Superior Position (which happens to be jumping off the loading dock at this unsuspecting chump). I think the plan has you downing the dude with your shock glove.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Everyone

Are we all waiting on malikial's attack roll? If so, here it is:

Attacking Guard 13d6Cgte5: 4 with DP 13 (4 Unarmed + 6 Agi + 2 Superior Position + 1 Touch), so 12s(e) with -4 AP.
Resisting Damage 11d6Cgte5: 1, he failed hard and goes down to electrical damage.


The guard slumps over as a strange blur of movement cold-cocks him off the kitchen's loading dock. He crumples to the ground with little more than a gasp. Within another moment, Marcina and Double-Tap are standing over the guard's shocked body. He's unconscious but alive, in clothing that could easily fit either Double-Tap or Marcina. Kenneth is still invisible, lurking somewhere nearby.

Gabriel

You look the fetishes over, revealing their magical natures as you inspect them. There are a number of distinct auras coating the things, across a number of traditions. Each is twisted in its own way, however.

Fetish 1
Signature: Aura A, Aura: Manipulation -- Mist, Tradition: Aztec

Modelled after the Aztec god Tlaloc, the fetish has an aura of manipulation, tied to a spell of. You can tell almost immediately, though, that the aura on this is twisted and dark. It's not clear how, but teh Aztec theme suggests blood magic.

Fetish 2
Signature: Aura B -- Blood Magic, Aura: Health -- Enabler, Tradition: Aztec

This statuse is a ceramic representation of Mictlantecuhtli, the Aztec god of the dead. The aura on it does not match the last one, but carries blood magic intended to spread disease.

Fetish 3
Signature: Aura C -- Blood Magic, Aura: Combat - Firewater, Tradition: Aztec

The next fetish is a miniature mask modeled off of Xiuhtecuhtli, the lord of volcanoes and personification of life after death. The fetish has yet another signature, still twisted and tainted with blood magic.

Fetish 4

This thing is a stone recreation of Quetzalcoatl, but it's impossible to say more: while the magical intent is obvious, you cannot pierce the things' veil or discern more about it. Strange...

Fetish 5
Signature: Aura D, Aura: Health -- Decrease Reflexes, Tradition: Druidic

The next piece you see is coated in druidic magic, but twisted almost beyond recognition. It isn't until you consult the next fetish, which shares signatures, that you recognize the twisting for what it is: toxic magic hangs over these fetishes.

Fetish 6
Signature: Aura D -- Toxic Magic, Aura: Combat -- Pollutant Wave, Tradition: Druidic

This fetish's aura matches the last one, twisted druidic magic. It looks like another skull, but made of mirror shards instead of stone or bone. You glean more from it, however, discering the pollution that hangs over it. It's meant for a Toxic mage, and was used by one at some point in the past.

Fetish 7
Signature: Aura E, Aura: Illusion -- Bugs, Tradition: Aztec

The last of the fetishes has yet another aura (that makes five all-together), once again with a twisted aura. It's Druidic, but different, and shaped like a praying mantis. While you don't recognize the corruption, there's a pretty good guess for its nature.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

Whether Marcina or I take the guard's position, here's my disguise roll for it~. When trying to impersonate someone you add both this AND impersonation together!

Also, does he have a commlink on him - and if so, can I check it for any pictures or, better, video, to get a good grip of how he walks, acts, and talks? Failing that, did any of the drones capture his chatting with other guards for the same reason?


Disguise: 11d6t5 3

malikial
Jan 26, 2013


I'm here now guys, sorry, worked a LOT of days, not used to that...

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@ProfessorCirno: His Ello is totally active. You can scrape that for information if you want, but it will take a few seconds. Maybe more than you have, since he was making his round. The commlink also has a display of all the exterior cameras on it, tied right into the thing, along with general security information. You never got tapped into the comms, but if Sparrow patched everyone into her drone feeds, you have enough to have some quick semblance of how he walks and talks and interacts with the other guards.

@malikial: No big deal, just trying to keep Crime Time moving. I've been really ill the last few days myself.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


WIll make posts after work today. Since cirno already volunteered the disguise roll I'll go invisible I guess. That'll make it easier for him to cover for me while I work inside.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
2/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), ImpInvis (4 hits), Physmask on DT, (4hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<Okay, that's one downed rent a cop.>> Marcina fades from view <<DT, your playing dressup, get in.>> Marcina watches the guard get progressively more naked, and after a few moments, focuses on Double Tap as his features begin to shift. <<I think it suits you. Now get us in the door and cover for me and Ken.>> She displays her position on the team's AR. <<Ready to proceed?>>

Roll for imp invis: one hit+glitch? hahha, no, edge reroll adds three hits for 4 hits total
(No drain)

Roll for physmask of DT: 4 hits total again
Again, no drain.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

DT begins furiously replaying the video footage captured by the drone, listening to conversations, watching facial expressions, noting topics of interest - the works - as he begins the fake patrol...

...Now to just think of a good excuse to get that guard down there...

Would you like me to just roll Impersonation, or give me some stuff on what the guards were talking about and let me try to screw myself over?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Sparrow Edge: 3/3

<< got the feed dt? >>
<< ready and watchin >>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Double-Tap

The guards had previously had a conversation about the wasp nest, and the one by the door, Xavier (with an H-sounding X), bullshitted with the guard you replaced, Jorge, about getting dumped by his unfaithful ex-girlfriend a few days before. Apparently they had gone out for quite a rager in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday night last week because of it, and Jorge had ended up with a not-too-attractive one-night stand that Xavier had enjoyed chiding him over. As you approach, he'll offer you a cigarette, some hand-rolled affair.

Roll impersonate and tell me how you approach, what you say.


Everyone

As Double-Tap, now disguised as the unconscious Jorge, continues along the path's route, Kenneth and Marcina stand, invisible, by the south of the building. Sparrow's drones are still mapping the area, the decker was ducked by the southern entrance, and Alfred and Sparrow sat in the van, a little down the street.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

Impersonation(+disguise): 12d6t5+3 8

5+3=8. GOOD LUCK BREAKING THIS ONE, BUDDY.

DT could've been an actor, if he really wanted to. Maybe. Well, probably not, but he's REALLY good at pretending to be Jorge. While he has no security guys on his lists of contacts, he's chummed around with enough before to know how it goes. A swagger here. A bit of cockiness there. An accent he didn't have before. Fun insults traded. As easy as he makes it look, inside, it's all cold and clinical.

[ Alright, change of plans. If three guards go missing the cameras are going to pick that up. I'm gonna try to distract them. Mary Sue, get on the roof and prepare; we're doing this in two parts. Sparrow, get ready to enter. Gabriel, any info from the astral? Guard locations, additional finds, etc? We're working blind here, come on! Alfred, you or Kenneth - or hell, both, if needed - be ready to pop open the docking bay door. Now, I'll distract Mr Front Door. Sparrow, I want you to enter as SILENTLY as you can when I give the mark - pop neutral have our muscle PUSH you in if you think your car's too loud. In 3..2...]

"...Yeah, look man, I dunno if I'm doing too great. Can we have another night like last week? Get a PROPER girl this time. Or something. poo poo, I dunno man, that bitch wrecked me. How do you stay all cool and confident?"

Being a Johnson meant a lot of things. Knowing how to meet people. Making a good first impression. The art of negotiation. Reading body language. It also meant mastering small talk, because if your entire job is connecting to people, you gotta be good at making them open up and then not rolling your eyes. DT wasn't a psychologist, but he COULD empty your head if you didn't know what was coming. Especially if that conversation somehow keeps falling back to the darker parts of life.

Con+Edge: 21d6h5 7
Forgot my quality bonus~: 1d6h5 1

DT is going to consistently try to pick at Xavier's brain, slip into personal conversation, make himself sound sadder then usual, and generally make the guard pay as much attention to HIM as possible. He'll stand northeast of Xavier so he doesn't see the vehicle come in, and hopefully is distracting enough that he doesn't HEAR the vehicle come in. With a total score of 8, that should be pretty drat distracting!

[ ...Now. He's distracted. Roll in - and QUIETLY. Mary Sue get on that roof and get ready to illusion up a whole lotta wasps. Make 'em real LOUD in their buzzing, too. You're going to be scaring away our guard to the north.]

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2014 around 10:29

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel pauses for a few moments, trying to absorb what he's looking at. As a runner you get used to living in a world of grey, you do some good things and some not so good things. Once in a while your back is up against the wall and you do something that might make it hard for you to look in the mirror. This stuff represented a whole different league though. Whoever ran things here was a Bad Man (or Woman, Aztechnology is no respecter of persons in more ways than one) without question. Grimacing he takes one last look around then races back to the corporal world.

Grunting as he "wakes up" Gabriel takes a minute to try to figure out how to explain the situation to the rest of the team.
<Potential hiccup/nightmare. Home boy that runs this joint ain't no joke. Practicin BAD magic.>
<Down to finish the job but we gotta jack his batteries to be safe. Y'all follow?>

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!


Double Tap

[ Bad juju. Great. We'll grab it then - I'm relying on you to make sure it doesn't, I dunno, curse us or something ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Marcina
12590 nY
2/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), ImpInvis (4 hits), Physmask on DT, (4hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

Marcina grimaces when the azzie mojo is mentioned. <<Fuckin' hell, DT, I've already got several going, I'm not sure I can keep another one up and running. Besides, don't you want me to come in with you?>> Marcina begins moving for the building anyways.

As i just said, I don't think i can keep more than three spells going, even sustain penalties aside. Whatever happens next I might need you to throw a leadership roll so i can get some bonus dice.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2014 around 09:45

  • Locked thread
«23 »