Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gobbeldygook posted:

My favorite video so far is this vine showing a cop pointing his rifle at the cameraman. The cameraman is a St. Louis Alderman.

Did someone say Michael was "probably" going to be character assassinated? Hahaha, this is AMERICA, comrade! Here's some bullshit about him that I've seen on Facebook:

This is being passed around as being the criminal record that the mainstream media is suppressing:

It's supposedly from Case.net, but given that Michael would have been a juvenile and that there are literallly over 100 guys named Michael Brown in the St. Louis area, it's almost certainly a different Michael Brown. I looked but couldn't find the particular records on case.net; any goons up for finding it?

He had a soundcloud. Look forward to his lyrics being forwarded to you by your uncle as proof that he was a hardened urban thug. Furthermore, his profile picture is him wearing a red shirt (the color of the BLOODS) and flashing a gang sign.

Assault with serious injury and burglary while armed as a young black man? Yeah, different person, because whoever that was isn't walking free right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zeitgueist posted:

I think that's a bit more accurate. Much like the "guidelines to avoid rape for women" there's nothing really a black person can do that will prevent them from being killed by police, and it's looking at the problem from the wrong end(I know your post wasn't serious).

Fair enough, and glad people aren't realizing my posts aren't fully serious (I think it's a bit of a mental self defense mechanism at the horror at this point).

Seriously though, I'm not sure what horrifies me the most: the brutality and disregard for human life being displayed loving officers of the peace or the incompetence. It's 2014, we should have left this sort of violence by the police back in the 60's and 70's. It's also 2014, the police should be aware that every single person in the states is packing at least one recording device to document their fuckups.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Neo Duckberg posted:

I will be out tonight and posting in this thread. I think I will introduce the protesters to maoism third-worldism, that should remedy things.

Neo Duckberg, this idea doesn't seem practical to me. I don't think that introducing the protesters to Maoism Third-Worldism will remedy things. Instead, you should just tell them your feelings about the incident and refuse to dance around your opinions with them. Then, you'll be able to debate and discuss this sensational issue with the protesters in a meaningful way.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Neo Duckberg, this idea doesn't seem practical to me. I don't think that introducing the protesters to Maoism Third-Worldism will remedy things. Instead, you should just tell them your feelings about the incident and refuse to dance around your opinions with them. Then, you'll be able to debate and discuss this sensational issue with the protesters in a meaningful way.

Haha ok.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Neo Duckberg posted:

D&D.txt right here folks.

:blush:

Thanks for being on the ground.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Neo Duckberg posted:

I will be out tonight and posting in this thread. I think I will introduce the protesters to maoism third-worldism, that should remedy things.

It was you handing those flyers out yesterday, wasn't it? I'm sure everyone read your ramble.txt and felt genuinely engaged by your new and insightful arguments.

Zeitgueist posted:

Having said that, they wouldn't give a regular suspect the same benefit.

Perhaps, habitual suspects should form a suspects' union and purchase some big legal guns to protect their rights?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Fair enough, and glad people aren't realizing my posts aren't fully serious (I think it's a bit of a mental self defense mechanism at the horror at this point).

Seriously though, I'm not sure what horrifies me the most: the brutality and disregard for human life being displayed loving officers of the peace or the incompetence. It's 2014, we should have left this sort of violence by the police back in the 60's and 70's. It's also 2014, the police should be aware that every single person in the states is packing at least one recording device to document their fuckups.

The type of person who shoots somebody else to satisfy their power fantisies is not the type of person to care about backlash if they can get away with it.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Alkydere posted:

It's also 2014, the police should be aware that every single person in the states is packing at least one recording device to document their fuckups.

They are, that's why they try to get laws passed to make recording them illegal and seize people's phones.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

Perhaps, habitual suspects should form a suspects' union and purchase some big legal guns to protect their rights?

In case there is a hint of non-irony in there. That would be a sure fire way to get labeled as terrorists.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

My Imaginary GF posted:

That sounds like a good way to get some gun control laws passed and your house bombed from helicopters.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

You don't know much about the history of gun regulation in america. :v:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

You don't know much about the history of gun regulation in america. :v:

Its quite the opposite, I am well aware of gun control history in America, especially Illinois.

E:

unwantedplatypus posted:

In case there is a hint of non-irony in there. That would be a sure fire way to get labeled as terrorists.

I think the term used in polite company is gang.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
West Florissant is roadblocked and the chopper is out. This is going to be so loving difficult now.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

Is there even a reason for Florissant to be blocked? I mean that's pretty much the main road through there.

I've got friends in the halls of county justice and lived on the same block as a police chief, and from what I heard, there's a genuine fear that the looters will go mobile.

Safety only exists because citizens perceive the police as responsive. Soon enough, some citizens may realize just how thinly stretched the wide arms of the law can reach. And that's the genuine danger of this situation: there aren't enough police in the county to protect everything at once. White flight to the suburbs only works when those your fleeing are unable to reach you. With the replacement of mass transit systems, minorities and poors have had to buy cars.

I hope St. Louis, and all of Missouri, learn their lesson from these riots. I hope they realize the conservative nature at their root and enact some Democratic policies.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Neo Duckberg posted:

D&D.txt right here folks.

Rather than snark, it would be a lot more helpful to add to the conversation. No, this isn't worse than Jim Crow, for many many reasons, but this is very bad and people feel bad and that poster's historical view is somewhat limited and this is an emotional reaction. Being a dick about it isn't helpful.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I have infiltrated the area and discovered a burning garbage can. That's loving it.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Neo Duckberg posted:

I have infiltrated the area and discovered a burning garbage can. That's loving it.

Because the police are doing such an excellent job of maintaining law and order, obviously.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

TehSaurus posted:

Because the police are doing such an excellent job of maintaining law and order, obviously.

Actually I hear them over a loudspeaker very close so doubt it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Update: a resident tried to fight me for taking pictures but a very nice NAACP man saved me

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Neo Duckberg posted:

Update: a resident tried to fight me for taking pictures but a very nice NAACP man saved me

God, this is just the gooniest thing ever. Just make sure you have your running shoes on and don't get your poo poo pushed in

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I'm imagining Neo as the critter in his av.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Neo Duckberg posted:

Is NAACP man code for black man?

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

I'd like to think he means a person from the actual organization.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

greatn posted:

Rather than snark, it would be a lot more helpful to add to the conversation. No, this isn't worse than Jim Crow, for many many reasons, but this is very bad and people feel bad and that poster's historical view is somewhat limited and this is an emotional reaction. Being a dick about it isn't helpful.

Like Gaza, 9/11 and Iraq all in one...poo poo, this is hosed. Argh.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Watermelon City posted:

I'd like to think he means a person from the actual organization.

I'd be legit shocked if that wasn't the case.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

zen death robot posted:

poo poo is about to get real again, there's a live stream at http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Police are telling people to disperse to they will be arrested, RIP Neo Duckberg

It just switched to sports.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

zen death robot posted:

poo poo is about to get real again, there's a live stream at http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Police are telling people to disperse to they will be arrested, RIP Neo Duckberg

It's just switched to sports. Did things go nuclear down there or something?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Every single borderline case on my Facebook feed is all about this no-fly zone right now. They just drink this poo poo down, no need to verify. I haven't seen commentary like this since Hurricane Katrina.

I mean Jesus Christ...

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Is there only one helicopter in the sky? I live in Normandy on the border with Ferguson and if it's only one vehicle that thing is burning fuel like mad doing loops around the entire area. It's dizzying hearing it pass over and over. No searchlight either, probably using surplus night vision tech.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cephalocidal posted:

Is there only one helicopter in the sky? I live in Normandy on the border with Ferguson and if it's only one vehicle that thing is burning fuel like mad doing loops around the entire area. It's dizzying hearing it pass over and over. No searchlight either, probably using surplus night vision tech.

They have a FLIR pod my friend.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Apparently Missouri senate is trying to push through legislation to make it harder to release the names of officers in police related shootings (unless the officer is actually fired for it or something). Looks like the only way his name is getting out is if a hack is successful

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Every single borderline case on my Facebook feed is all about this no-fly zone right now. They just drink this poo poo down, no need to verify. I haven't seen commentary like this since Hurricane Katrina.

I mean Jesus Christ...
It's kind of funny that the reaction to that NOTAM has been so similar to FreeP et al having a black helicopters meltdown about the Bundy Ranch NOTAM.

If you want to read all about DHS's secret plan to bomb/gas/napalm a bunch of gun nuts just Google "NOTAM 4/1687"

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
TheAnonMessage ‏@TheAnonMessage 8m

BREAKING: Shots fired; Oakcrest Ave. Jennings, MO. Black male laying in the street. (#Ferguson Police Scanner)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Von Sloneker posted:

TheAnonMessage ‏@TheAnonMessage 8m

BREAKING: Shots fired; Oakcrest Ave. Jennings, MO. Black male laying in the street. (#Ferguson Police Scanner)

Oh, gently caress. Any confirmation on this? Different branches of Anon vary greatly in their reliability, but this one seemed to have journalistic integrity. I really hope this isn't true.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

exmorte posted:

Apparently Missouri senate is trying to push through legislation to make it harder to release the names of officers in police related shootings (unless the officer is actually fired for it or something). Looks like the only way his name is getting out is if a hack is successful

Wow, are you kidding me? Note to self never visit the south.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I would love for someone to fly a drone around the scene.

Then again that sounds like a great way to get shot.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

Wow, are you kidding me? Note to self never visit the south.

Yeah I dont have much on it in the way of details but it was mentioned briefly in the stream above.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chinatown posted:

I would love for someone to fly a drone around the scene.

Then again that sounds like a great way to get shot.
It'd be a great way to get federally skullfucked by the FAA if they got caught.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I've got friends in the halls of county justice and lived on the same block as a police chief, and from what I heard, there's a genuine fear that the looters will go mobile.

Safety only exists because citizens perceive the police as responsive. Soon enough, some citizens may realize just how thinly stretched the wide arms of the law can reach. And that's the genuine danger of this situation: there aren't enough police in the county to protect everything at once. White flight to the suburbs only works when those your fleeing are unable to reach you. With the replacement of mass transit systems, minorities and poors have had to buy cars.

I hope St. Louis, and all of Missouri, learn their lesson from these riots. I hope they realize the conservative nature at their root and enact some Democratic policies.

I can't tell if you're being serious here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If Al Sharpton gets gassed...oh my.

• Locked thread