Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
tell us more about your role, and how you used it every night, Ernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i've been waiting for someone to use the night-kill logic because i've felt for a few days that the night-kills are mainly motivated to keep the game going in a certain direction (i.e. when windy was alive/hurt were alive whoever was nightkilling wasn't concerned with their particular survivability)

whoever the third scum was was comfortable in their position

and that's you

i'm okay with voting ixt and not posting a voice recording if that makes you all feel better

if it isn't him it's opop and the rest of the townies should have that under control

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

tell us more about your role, and how you used it every night, Ernie

i didn't (i got a 1 shot message and a 1 shot doctor)

and i just put up a deal that makes explaining anything from my side irrelevant

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Do that and watch the tracker and track Opop and we win, cool. Unless it's Juanito. Also, Ernie, you're crazy if you think I would've killed Little Mac and JakeP.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Why track Opop? He's definitely making people hated..

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And then to Thunderdome you when I would have to be lynched the next day by my own logic? You're really slipping here, Ernie if you're somehow town.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Juanito posted:

Why track Opop? He's definitely making people hated..

In case he has two actions I guess. Or capps, whatever.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

And then to Thunderdome you when I would have to be lynched the next day by my own logic? You're really slipping here, Ernie if you're somehow town.

nyet i'm sure you're being a lot smarter than you're letting on and you felt like if you delayed opop's roundhouse kick by a day you'd have a better chance of effecting it tomorrow without suspicion coming onto yourself

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

In case he has two actions I guess. Or capps, whatever.

and yet your supposition (and a focal point of your case on me) is that everyone has one?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

and yet your supposition (and a focal point of your case on me) is that everyone has one?

Because if you're town than someone has two night actions. Stop playing dumb.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Because if you're town than someone has two night actions. Stop playing dumb.

and that is somehow more likely than you having a single action in a game where everyone else has claimed one?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

and that is somehow more likely than you having a single action in a game where everyone else has claimed one?

You do realize I saw my role pm, right?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm gonna go double check it right now, actually.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Actually apparently I deleted it when I was cleaning my inbox, but I'll pm derp for another, just to make extra special super sure for you, Ernie.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And you're basically making my case for me: it'd be ridiculous for me to Thunderdome you when if you flip town today either scum gets two night actions when they're the last one or it's me as far as everyone else is concerned.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Actually apparently I deleted it when I was cleaning my inbox, but I'll pm derp for another, just to make extra special super sure for you, Ernie.

haven't you shared it in the scumdoc?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

And you're basically making my case for me: it'd be ridiculous for me to Thunderdome you when if you flip town today either scum gets two night actions when they're the last one or it's me as far as everyone else is concerned.

or we somehow make it so both you and i die today?

this is like windshipper all over again

i'm making you a deal here

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

or we somehow make it so both you and i die today?

this is like windshipper all over again

i'm making you a deal here

I've been making that deal all day. You're going to flip scum and the game is going to be over, but even if it's not we still win because the tracker can confirm one of the two unconfirmed players if there's a kill and us both dying does nothing because then it's 4 players so it's still lylo and we lost a lynch anyway. Unless the scum witholds a kill to not confirm either way, in which case us both dying is necessary for a win. So yeah, let's do this.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Or it's Juanito and windy's role only effected the kill, in which case argh derp you lied by omission.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I've been making that deal all day. You're going to flip scum and the game is going to be over, but even if it's not we still win because the tracker can confirm one of the two unconfirmed players if there's a kill and us both dying does nothing because then it's 4 players so it's still lylo and we lost a lynch anyway. Unless the scum witholds a kill to not confirm either way, in which case us both dying is necessary for a win. So yeah, let's do this.

if it turns out to be juan i will be angry because i've been on his case all game

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also we should be ultra-winning because tracking JakeP was really super dumb, why would he claim cop D2 to save someone who would have to be town to lynch his scumbuddy who was protecting them from town PRs?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also apparently derp also deleted the original pm but he confirmed that I am indeed an unconfirmed mason miller with no other abilities.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ernie in one post, write out everything you role can do and has done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think I first realized Ernie was scum was during day one and his interactions and feelings towards mills.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

Seven people left. yuming, Juan, and I are confirmed town. Capps is the fourth scummiest person.

I am actually more confirmed than you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nuh-uh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

What I'm saying is that Ix knew jake wasn't a one-shot cop, and now he's voting Ernie, one of Jake's two town results, because he thinks cop results don't matter anymore?

##vote ix

this is stupid

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
PM you are the most incompetent tracker ever and even you figured out JP was lying about his role being a one shot you don't think scum could have guessed that?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
unwatchable
untrackable
uncopable (?)

everything with the roles is setup so that in the beginning the prs are just going to hit other PRs creating false results, the idea behind this is that town is going to accidentally kill their own prs, this didn't worked out as plan. we have saw a role that made all scum unwatchable, and a role that made all scum untrackable, with a cop i would guess there might also be a role that makes all scum vanilla, but the way for this to work into that theme our miller claim has to be correct, since that is the only possible scum result in the beginning.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the gimmick makes sense, the scum are grass and tress and poo poo, so of course we won't be able to see them do "anything"

point is according to theme and what we seen so far mechanically from the setup ix is extremely likely to not be lying and is probably a miller

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also Ernie is the evil third party.
He is M Night Shyamalan and has been given a bunch of evil tools to use to create this horrible movie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who's scum then

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mr.capps posted:

the gimmick makes sense, the scum are grass and tress and poo poo, so of course we won't be able to see them do "anything"

again, this game is about us killing ourselves, so probably none of the investigation roles work in the beginning as advertise, they were meant to kill town, not scum. everything the mafia has probably passively neuters one of those roles.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I agree Capps

Which is why if an uncoppable role exists I still think it's ixt who has never had a night action

My ability clearly clashed with Mac, Juan with opop etc.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

who's scum then

opop or ernie duhhh

ernie really is M Night Shyamalan though, if he isn't this setup has failed

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm willing to bet my life on this so I don't see why anyone else cares

If I'm right town wins as soon as ixt is cuddled

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

I agree Capps

Which is why if an uncoppable role exists I still think it's ixt who has never had a night action

My ability clearly clashed with Mac, Juan with opop etc.

I KNOW YOUR SECERT ERNIE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
and the reason why jakep would get killed is to get ix lynched of course

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It really must suck that the last town who hasn't claimed a night action is obviously telling the truth, huh Ernie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ix you should vote opop instead ernie may be evil but he is third party and not scum

• Locked thread