Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whatevs, yummy.
Thanks forums for posting twice ;;;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 1

Meezus (3): JakeP, JakeP, windshipper, JakeP, Kumbamontu, Juanito, Kumbamontu
windshipper (2): Meezus, yuming, yuming, yuming, yuming, yuming
Ernie. (1): Ixtlilton
yuming (1): windshipper, windshipper, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (6): Dr. Hurt, Ernie., Little Mac, mr.capps, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 15th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

More votes faster we were supposed to lynch someone tonight!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

windshipper posted:

That said, I will still uphold my statement about yuming and her getting pissy, whiny, and wanting to quit or back out of a game if it's not going well for her and will still vote her for that gladly today.
If you think I threw a fit because I was losing and that is why I quit you are mistaken!

I was so upset I couldn't sleep, I couldn't focus on anything else. I kept looping back to it and getting upset all over again. Once I quit I felt better. It was the right choice for all parties involved. :sun:

I now have a new found zeal for participating in games without getting so personally invested. Let's see if I can do it!

Get lynched, scum wind~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Yumings just sensitive
OMG right!

I am putting windshipper on ignore :sparkles: He offers no content and is also prob a scum so.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ix, you agreed wind was acting scummy-- why aren't you voting him?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pinterest Mom posted:

um

do you know what game we're playing
Yes!

He refuses to play the game so who cares what he has to say~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Can someone please shoot wind? I always get the wrong role for the game I'm in~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

Hi Mills PM'd me his role I'm in this game now what up bitches

##vote yuming
Asiina let's be friends! Why are you voting me~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

If Mills is gone and we aren't lynching his replacement, I will only vote Ernie
I don't think Ernie is a scum. Why do you think Ernie is a scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why not? idg why you're all fussy at me it makes me sad.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Because everything he has posted to call Wind scummy has been a blatant twisting of his words, and he refuses to engage with me because I am calling out hard truths, and he isn't ready to get schooled by the Beast from the East today, that is me btw im the beast
I can't tell when Ernie is scum because he says nice things to me that make me want him to be town.

I have the opposite opinion on his Opop thing. I think it looks like a natural trajectory of opinion.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

You really think that Ernies reasoning for dropping his case on Opop makes sense?
He made an early opinion, and then updated it based on new info-- and both make sense by Ernie-logic which is the only logic that matters for his opinion.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

Fussy is a term for crying, bratty children.

Stop being so fussy, yuming.
Seriously you're making me feel bad-- why do you keep lashing out at me-- it hurts my feelings.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I don't think Ernie could actually believe that Opop would not be so "bullish" as to say he would lurk as scum. I think it is a ridiculous excuse to abandon a case that gained no traction.
Ok that is a better point. I will think on it but Asiina is upsetting me so it may take me a bit of time to process :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

Let me have this.

I need catharsis.
Hey lay off, you're legitimately upsetting me and I've asked you to stop. Thanks.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

This is mafia wherein people are mean to each other.

You are not special.
Not special, but not so mean, either.

Does it bring you joy to upset other people? I don't understand why you're being so cruel.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Meezus posted:

I did find it curious that windshipper's stated objective was to prevent Mills and yuming playing a game together, but once thinking I was removed, he was still hellbent on her 'effect' on the game.

His arguments do seem rather invented.
I think they just want to berate me and don't realize that I'm not just messing around, rather, I really am full of ~feelings~

I am trying not to replace out of games for being upset anymore. And then people intentionally try to upset me, idk idk what to say to that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

windshipper posted:

Don't forget Play and Listen Mafia. She was flailing about and having a tantrum when she was clearly mafia and was on the block to either get shot or lynched in game.
And don't forget that game where you apologized for making me cry when you were scum and had done it on purpose to get a reaction?

Nice to know you didn't mean that apology!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

windshipper posted:

That was also Play and Listen.. And it wasn't entirely on purpose to get a reaction so much as it was fun to watch you splash around in the kiddie pool screaming about how I was scum and you'd prove it and build a case on me but....

Then you also did the same thing time and again in game after game after game after that point.

In any case, lynch Mills, end this day.
Wow, I didn't realize you were such a legitimate jerk windshipper. I thought you were a p nice guy until now.

"It was fun to make you cry."

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have one more comment to make before I head out the door here.

The choice of language that both Asiina and wind used is skewed in a way to devalue my emotional reactions. It is perfectly ok to have an emotional reaction to things. It's not a sign of weakness, or of being a child, but a sign of humanity. Society places a lot of value on toughing things out and being cool and logical and manly. The fact I behave the opposite doesn't make me an idiot, a ~sillly girl~ or worthy of ridicule. It's part my personality, and part something that I know I need to work on and that I am actively trying to work on.

That even after asserting that I was upset they continued to berate me speaks way more about them than it does about me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Don't lynch Mills he's a town lynch a scum!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Meezus posted:

Not your most persuasive work.
Sorry I was at Starbucks / my sister needed a ride.

I will avenge your death~

I have a proposition everyone SEND IN ACTIONS HELLA FAST so night ends SOON YAY.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

power role confirmed
HES JOKING YOU OMG!!! SO NAIVE.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote wind

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
We should lynch windshipper.

For really. All I want to do is vote him.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I don't think Ernie or wind are scum, but if I had to pick one to vote, it would be Ernie.
Why?

I want wind out of this game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Meezus posted:

I have a feeling someone will hammer me at some point out of apathy so in light of my future town flip it may help to point out that (i) I genuinely do think windshipper is scum; (ii) it's pretty telling that he is trying to walk away from his early promise that he would volunteer to be lynched D2 after my D1 lynch. Feel free to quote this later as required.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ugh you people, I guess I have to take wind off of ignore to make a case <:mad:>

I have two main reasons I think wind is scum.

(1) his tone
(2) the opportunistic changes he's made in his deal re:Mills

Disclaimer: I will not be addressing the context of said deal at all in my case or in any responses to it.

(1) his tone

windshipper posted:

:lol:

This is the weakest pile of poo poo ever.

Oh my god.

You were even in the... You're calling me scum for backing up statements and actions and following through on things I've stated to feel outside of this game before this game was even announced?

:lol:
I hate the voice behind this. The incredulous and antagonizing perspective wind has taken is anti-Town.

Since then (read: D2) wind has been apathetic. I find this combination scummy.

(2) ch-ch-ch-changes

windshipper posted:

Ok! Money will be paid after Mills is lynched on Day 2! I'd prefer Day 1 and then lynch me, but hey! You gotta compromise somewhere!
windshipper was fine here with taking a hit to take Mills out.

windshipper posted:

In any case, yuming is doing her best to push D1 along as quick as she can.

Yuming and Mills in a game (when things don't go their way) make it a mess (see - Survivor: ADTRW), vote one of those two out. I'm game for either.
I also read this as him calling me townie.

windshipper posted:

I don't believe Mills is either. I think he's just trying to argue for his life in the game and/or argue to get me lynched in the process.
Yes, he thinks we're both town.

However, he continues to want to lynch me even after Mills is out of the game and backs out of his deal after Mills was lynched.

If his only goal was truly what he stated. He should be fine with upholding his end of things. That he is now trying to strain for content shows he has incentive to stay in the game, read: is scum.

HEY READ THIS PART AT LEAST

windshipper posted:

Hello! Pinterest! I did not know you were playing in this game!

What are your thoughts on voting Mills or Yuming today? In addition, what do you read in to Ernie's posting last night?
I really hate this post and feel it is a good snapshot of my case against wind.

wind addresses Pintrest Mom, a player he forgot was in the game, to ask him his opinion on policy voting Mills or myself and his actual opinion on Ernie.

I strongly believe this is the post of a scum player trying to look like they are offering meaningful content in a game. This post was made for appearances.

There is no rhyme or reason to choosing Pintrest Mom here. If wind had a real opinion he would direct it at a player he had a read on-- not on someone he didn't know was in the game.

He's faking content.

##vote windshipper

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
~bonus~

JakeP posted:

i've done a 180 on ernie, will not vote

windshipper posted:

Why should I be lynched?

In addition... I think that the best choice for today is probably ernie. Especially for his posting yesterday. Go back and take a look to see what I meant.

Either him or Ixtlilton, but Ixtlilton is just giving me funny vibes... Though he always does. YMMV :shrug: Take a look at him and let me know what you think.
I don't like this either.

JakeP offers what could be a breadcrumb re: Ernie. wind doesn't even address it and plows along with his case.

A town player would be curious here.

wind ignoring it is suspicious and another point against him.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I would also vote for Little Mac.

He has posted very little, and what he does post is noise and scummy. Although content light, he fits a scum profile.

Little Mac posted:

hello claiming scum i am ythe trees

##vote mills :megadeath:
Scumclaim ~lol~ and easy vote.

Little Mac posted:

killing kumba is low
even for tree
Comments on NK but no analysis. Trying to look like he's engaged.

C'mon guys just read his post history.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am putting wind back on ignore if he makes any negative comments towards me.

Before this game started I had made a resolution to not get so invested in games and to not replace out of them unless absolutely necessary.

With survivor, I had a realization that I had been doing something fundamentally wrong in the way I approach games like this, and that this approach made something I previous really enjoyed extremely stressful for me. I joined this game to play a clean game of mafia and then got mocked about the very thing I was trying to move on from, which was just too much tbqh. I am very disappointed in involved parties for not respecting the boundaries I tried to set.

Regardless, I think wind is scum for his actions in the context of the game. I don't want to discuss this further unless it is about -this- game.

Opop, how could I be mad at you you're a sweetie~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

If you're putting people on ignore you are definitely taking things too seriously
I know!!! I don't want to!! That's what I want to change. But I get all ooo this awful feeling when people say mean things about me :|

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Give me tips for having thicker skin please, tia~

Hurt, do you think wind and Mac are scums?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think Ixi is town.

His opinions read sincere is my main reason here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

You've been a part of something awful at least 6 years, just learn to not take it seriously. I think sometimes people know you get flustered, so it makes you easy to tease.
:sparkles: ik ik I try. But the second part does get to me. I am trying to take a step back from here on out, but there is not much I can do about the latter. That is why I ask people to stop.

I have also made a resolution to go back to proofreading my posts. This also probably means they will be longer. I am sure you are all so happy~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dr. Hurt posted:

Mac has been a complete nonfactor in this game. His posts have mostly been fakeclaims both as a scum and a 3P hotdog killah. Likes hot dogs.

Wind is his typical blustery self as ever but he is in my debt right now. I am angry that he has yet to repay it in the fullest of measures. I feel bad about hammering Mills since it hasn't really payed off so far. I want to see Wind make fun of Ernie and pin for not liking hot dogs. Would I vote Wins though? It'll probably depend on what he's like when he gets back.
This is unhelpful.

Who do you think is scum and why.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

Also when people attack me, my hands shake with rage and type for me, so at least learn to harness the anger
Actually I think this is exactly my problem, I direct that energy back at myself and just feel hurt.

Dr. Hurt ;;;;

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Little Mac posted:

Please note that I am not scum and I am not 3P and I am actually confirmed town
Then start posting like one <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey hurt, gimme opinions!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

windshipper posted:

Hi! Hello! Hi! I am here now! Does anyone have any questions?!
Make opinion words not about Ernie or myself.

• Locked thread