Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

How is that ridiculous hivemind thing any basis to form alignment calls

Hivemind is town mind, you know this JakeP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

hivemind is a scenario scum wants to create within the town

So people having the same reaction to the same scenario is almost real-time is meaningless to you?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

They aren't "having the same reaction" they are jumping on a bandwagon with various different motivations

I disagree.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

scum are just as likely to jump on a forming bandwagon as town, especially if they can sell it off as something retarded like loving hive mind. its nonsense

Did you read capps and his almost simultaneous posts?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

i dont see what your point is

People thinking the same thing at the same time in response to the same thing is indicative of genuine thought.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

PM is scum, the lack of hotdog spirity confirms it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernutetnoiraud, are you the cum man?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Or more accurately I'll find something vaguely believable and sit on it for way too long.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Although I am probably one of the easiest players to read overall, Jake's right there.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

On the one hand, he's right. On the other, he refuses the delicious mystery meat of the hotdog on principle.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well I'm convinced.

##vote windshipper

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'd also vote PM because that dude's scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I don't think you can base all that much off that, windy is more than capable of that level of intellectual dishonesty. Even Lumpen is, he left bowmore off of a Lumpenlist when he was his scumbuddy and it was the main reason I thought he was town for so long in merk's game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote ix

i still don't like the insane non-logic justifications around the bandwagon period

I clearly explained that to JakeP, read the explanation, tia. Except that you're scum so you're just doing your thing, but ya know.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

role: ignoree
alignment: 3p
description: get on at least one player's ignore list this game

I'd run a setup with that role.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

uranus posted:

imagine everyone is posting naked

Hey, that's only accurate like 30% of the time. Also, the trick is really giving better than you get in terms of yelling at people.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opop, when you want someone to be quiet do you ever say "quiet or popa spank"? It seems like it could work since it's in your name and everything.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It appears that the thread has decided that Miyazaki is a master of his craft, JakeP.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, there's a poster in CineD named Magic Hate Ball who has a custom title with "Quiet or papa spank." in it or something.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming, you just said in a post that you thought I was town, not to mention that I literally claimed miller my first post of the game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Okay so clearly yuming tracked or rolecopped me last night and knows that I have a power role and/or targeted Ix.

I really haven't been pushing Ix hard today, though, just left a stray vote, so I don't have an incriminating result. That should be obvious. So there's no pro-town reason to out not one, but two power roles in a single post while fishing for a result that is only potentially incriminating.

My working theory is that yuming/Ix are scum buddies, and yuming thinks that what I found on Ix is incriminating and is trying to distance herself.

I'd be open to jumping back to Ix if we're not sure and think that yuming might just be town who did a bad post and want to preserve her power role.

That's a stupid theory.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, windshipper is pretty obviously scum still, he's still on the one post that Ernie made about Opop that other people disagreed with, and the rest is just him being obnoxious.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

windshipper posted:

You're joking right.

No, where in your posts is there anything other than that and you being obnoxious? The hotdog thing counts as you being obnoxious

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

windshipper posted:

As opposed to sticking with me, that is. Which of ixt or myself is scum? You were just going on about ixt being scum for -reasons- after all.

Did you actually read that portion of the game just now?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

windshipper posted:

You mean someone coming into the game, calling someone scum due to stated night action results and the accused even confirming those night action is nothing more than me being obnoxious? Are you loving kidding me?

I don't think you actually believe that capps getting a pm that says Ernie hates hotdogs means anything.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

Except it does actually mean something mechanically in this game because I have a role where I give people hotdogs and they spread the joy of hotdogs.

So either Ernie is a tree who would hate hotdogs or he has some weird flavor he should tell us about, and should have mention first thing when I brought up the hot dogs thing.

I was assuming it was a flavor thing, I haven't seen the movie.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

windshipper posted:

Then stop acting like you know what you're talking about when it comes to the importance of things?

Ixt, Ernie, (lurker) scum team. Calling it now.

Actually, it specifically says in the OP that flavor doesn't matter.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

windshipper posted:

I'm not sure that is necessarily the case when it comes to like, investigative roles- like what Capps just claimed.

Of course, flavor in role-related flavor matters but the fact that I'm a plastic tree miller that I claimed post 1 of the game who's masons with JakeP means that I'm totally scum. Can we just lynch windy already? My morale is very low.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming posted:

You sent a message in a way that fmpov looks like it had deceptive intent.

You could've sent a message "I -think- Kumba is scum." Selling your opinion as fact in a mod-sent message is scummy. It's trying to give your opinion fact-level weight and I don't like that.

Except that the message was explicitly from him, right?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And kumba died overnight, so unless we're assuming he was vig'd or busdriven into that doesn't seeem like something scum would say about someone they were killing that night.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why would yuming out her and my power roles?

Why would she do it as scum rather than just quietly NKing you? Also, I was probably wrong about you, I don't see a scum PR that would target a miller claim N1.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Unlike me, who is so good at keeping secrets when I clearly breadcrumb things no one notices, and when I'm messing around I clearly breadcrumb things to everyone else. It's because I'm a wizard that I'm so good at secrets.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

thanks for not role blocking me opop and ernie for not killing me, that was especially nice of you to not kill me ernie you are alright in my book

The breadcrumb checks out.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

If he hadn't been scum I would've been disappointed in him as a person for that D1 poo poo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I will also note that I am now Impetuous and glad that my flanks are protected, thanks dudes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

im still voting ernie no matter what

i have a code

capps are we going to have to lynch you tomorrow so we don't lose at lylo?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'd tentatively eliminate capps as well because windy's role pm implies a town role like capps'.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

im dying tonight because i am hotdog man and trees fear me

An artist's depiction of mr.capps linked below because I don't know how to do .gifs

http://postimg.org/image/3rcw13h1f/

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I can confirm that I was made hated, and also that if Opop is town he's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, capps basically is confirmed town from his role being implied by windy's pm, jfc.

• Locked thread