Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is loving badass and I would fellate Kojima to completion given the opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is loving badass and I would fellate Kojima to completion given the opportunity

Seriously I wish more games were revealed in cool-rear end ways like this

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

silent hill5
Silent hills

Silent Hill5: Phantom Train :v:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Do you guys have nerves of steel or what? I can't imagine playing a game like this in the dark with headphones. I could barely watch the twitch stream during the day through my lovely laptop speakers.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012
Actually yeah, what does P.T stand for? Playable Teaser?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Platinum Title

Silent Hill is now an action game.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Platinum Title

Silent Hill is now an action game.

It would be the best Silent Hill game ever made and sell the worst.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Are there any good streams still going on now? I... I have no idea why I tried to play this. I just cannot handle horror.

I got to the part where I was killed and reset to the beginning room. Listened to the little talking bag, then walked through and was stuck with just a cracked bathroom door with flashlight in hand, doing nothing.

206489?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is 7780s studio not based in the US? Because I notice radio broadcasts at the start of the game want us to act mega shocked that two instances of a father shooting his own family up happened in the same week.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I don't have an hour to watch all this but is there any sort of combat displayed? I did eventually skip to the reveal part and I'm looking forward to hearing more about this now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Neo Rasa posted:

Is 7780s studio not based in the US? Because I notice radio broadcasts at the start of the game want us to act mega shocked that two instances of a father shooting his own family up happened in the same week.

Japan is just full of squeamish babies

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

holy loving poo poo gently caress this game pre-ordered

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

silent hill5
Silent hills

This would make sense considering a big part of SH games is the transformation of worlds. Kojima seems to have a thing for themes driving design through every aspect of something he is involved in. Think of MGSV and the fake 'Moby Dick Studios' and 'Jokaim Mogren' character he set up for that.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 13, 2014

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Neo Rasa posted:

The outlet in the bathroom is a british style one. So, no?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

BitBasher posted:

So he made a demo that fits the definition of insanity? You repeat the same actions over and over hoping for different results, which occasionally actually happen?

This sums up P.T. pretty well, especially when the player gets stuck and the last section.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is this supposed to be live in the EU store? Can't seem to find it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ufarn posted:

Is this supposed to be live in the EU store? Can't seem to find it.

Search "PT"

Also, I wonder if Kojima is a huge jerk and there is six axis controls hidden in here somewhere. Like tuning the radio during broken broadcasts.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alright, I'm lost. Again. I filled in the picture. Filled in the text on the wall. Finished the red lighted part with the peephole. Listened to the clock chime. Now what?

I was looking on YouTube for walkthroughs but nobody seems to have uploaded anything that covers this part yet :sweatdrop:

Did I technically finish it already or is there more to go before I see the Norman Reedus/Silent Hill title reveal?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Ularg posted:

Search "PT"

Also, I wonder if Kojima is a huge jerk and there is six axis controls hidden in here somewhere. Like tuning the radio during broken broadcasts.
No dice

I've read about this trick, but I don't even know what "Live from PlayStation" is supposed to be.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Alright, I'm lost. Again. I filled in the picture. Filled in the text on the wall. Finished the red lighted part with the peephole. Listened to the clock chime. Now what?

I was looking on YouTube for walkthroughs but nobody seems to have uploaded anything that covers this part yet :sweatdrop:

Did I technically finish it already or is there more to go before I see the Norman Reedus/Silent Hill title reveal?

Just hangout and don't go through the basement door. Just walk back and forth until you hear a baby laugh twice then stare at the phone.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Accordion Man posted:

I'm hyped for Del Toro but I'm not too hot on Norman Reedus being the main character. Nothing against him personally, but having a celebrity be the main character just reeks of not feeling confident enough for the game to stand on its own merits. Just feels awkward and kind of cornball to me.

The devs believe that games deserve the nuance that a talented actor brings to vo/performance capture.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Just hangout and don't go through the basement door. Just walk back and forth until you hear a baby laugh twice then stare at the phone.
Nothing's happening :smith:

I heard the baby laugh twice, went and stared at the phone and nothing happened. Then the baby laughed again and still nothing happened.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Here's a thing, I think:

I love the mysteries in Horror, but I cannot stand the horror itself. I just die instantly from the dread. This sucks.

I'm like going insane searching for clues online with the 204863 or whatever the number was repeated in the radio. I ain't gonna sleep at all tonight. All I got was Brandon, Manitoba in Canada.

Auberginetuna
Dec 29, 2012

On my brunch break
New composer? What!?
I'm still holding out hope for Akira Yamaoka to come back and score it,
but I think if they're going in a new direction, this might turn out to be good.
Was there any music in the teaser?

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Just played this. This is amazing, Kojima is amazing, SILENT HILL IS BACK BABY!

Also, besides puzzles, what did the 204863 even represent anyways, seems like the end of a number to call, maybe?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nothing's happening :smith:

I heard the baby laugh twice, went and stared at the phone and nothing happened. Then the baby laughed again and still nothing happened.

I dunno. I got it to work twice by doing that but maybe there is some other sequence of events that you have to do first. I'm not sure.
I get too into poo poo like this. My girl was playing while I watched and I was the one screaming and freaking out while she just wanted to solve the drat thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbDwJsqWX8
I literally yelled "NO!" like people in the early 1900s getting scared of a train arriving at the station.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

Auberginetuna posted:

New composer? What!?
but I think if they're going in a new direction, this might turn out to be good.

At the end you hear the classic mandolin theme when they reveal the title.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Ularg posted:

Here's a thing, I think:

That is some pretty impressive personnel, hopefully they weren't just brought on for the teaser.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I'm just amazed that from all the people in the world Kojima got loving Guillermo del Toro to accompany him. If he can get in a little bit of that Pan's Labyrith magic I'll give them all of my money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Auberginetuna posted:

New composer? What!?

Downpour wasn't scored by Yamaoka either and the Dexter guys soundtrack for it was probably one of the best things about the game.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Ularg posted:

206489?

I really want this game for the Oculus.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 13, 2014

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
So is this interactive thing out in Europe? I can't find it in the PSN store.

edit: Found it under the "Demos" section.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 13, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

circ dick soleil posted:

I really want this game for the Oculus.

Project Morpheus, son.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Poor out of shape nerds with high blood pressure going to play poo poo like this with 3D headsets in the future and their poor loving hearts are going to straight up explode.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Boogaleeboo posted:

Poor out of shape nerds with high blood pressure going to play poo poo like this with 3D headsets in the future and their poor loving hearts are going to straight up explode.

That's kind of the point, gaming is for the Ubermensch only.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Boogaleeboo posted:

So can we give out Darwin medals?

Seriously, I cannot take horror but I am so in love with the atmosphere and horror building techniques. I would give my left nut to work on a horror video game. I just geek out over the small details in visual design and audio design. But I'd never be able to play what I created.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ularg posted:

So can we give out Darwin medals?

Seriously, I cannot take horror but I am so in love with the atmosphere and horror building techniques. I would give my left nut to work on a horror video game. I just geek out over the small details in visual design and audio design. But I'd never be able to play what I created.

If you create stuff like this for a living, I wonder if anything would genuinely scare you? Being that you know how all that poo poo works behind the scenes (the timing, positioning, visual and audio cues, etc)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TheMostFrench posted:

If you create stuff like this for a living, I wonder if anything would genuinely scare you? Being that you know how all that poo poo works behind the scenes (the timing, positioning, visual and audio cues, etc)

I get very freaked out by jump scares. But I just love it when you go to the creeper parts of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. 3-1 baby!

I just, I couldn't get into Amnesia, I couldn't get into Outlast, I can't get into this. I couldn't get into even Marble Hornets or any spooky blogs. I LOVED the SCP-Wiki and the stories, but anything that is video or video games I just can't handle.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
How incredible and totally within the realm of possibility would it be if the game popped you into an online queue with every other person wandering around the last part and randomly selected people to trigger the phone ringing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrSpiffy posted:

How incredible and totally within the realm of possibility would it be if the game popped you into an online queue with every other person wandering around the last part and randomly selected people to trigger the phone ringing?

listen here wong if you know something you better spill it

(or somebody go test that by playing it offline)

• Locked thread