Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

echronorian posted:

I'm stuck where the radio is telling me to look behind me and gives me a string of numbers. ITT post where Hideo Kojima got you stuck.
This is where I am right now, and it has something to do with zooming in by clicking on your right stick on specific objects, the right ones will flash what looked like German text to me onto the edges of the screen. Look at cans scattering the ground, light fixtures, etc.

I haven't gotten out of this section entirely and it's driving me bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm stuck here too, I have no idea what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vtrGF0ZTRc

This is a walkthrough video I just looked up, and the moment we're stuck on seems to be at about the 8 minute mark. The player seems to trigger it by opening up the options menu as he's staring at the torn portrait above the alarm clock, but it's not triggering for me.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

StarkRavingMad posted:

The torn portrait above the clock seems to be filling itself back in as I look at the right things (mostly booze, it seems). But there's like one piece I'm missing.

THERE WE GO

Go back to the painting that says GOUGE IT OUT and hit the X button

I'm punching myself in the loving face, I'm so dumb.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That makes me feel real dumb.
I feel especially dumb considering

there's even a big honkin' X right next to the phrase GOUGE IT OUT. PRESS X TO GOUGE IT OUT.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Here's a question.
Did you listen to what the bag had to say when it spit you back out to the beginning of the game? And did you wait for the chimes to strike midnight before walking through the door?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm at the part with the eyeball paintings and speed walking. No idea what to do. I assume it has to do with the bathroom.
if you keep running about, you'll come to a long corridor, there's a hole in the wall. Peek through.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Here's the restart disclaimer if anyone's curious.

http://i.imgur.com/VuX8RHR.jpg

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I gave up at the Ghost Lady Bathroom/Hallways. I know it was moments away from the baby laugh thing but gently caress, I start work at 4:30.

It was great hitting my head against a wall for a couple hours though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

^^^^^^^^^^
Or that.

Neo Rasa posted:

Are you all at Gamescom? Is the demo available elsewhere, it doesn't appear on the PS4 on any region of my accounts.
I grabbed it from the webstore (US region). Do a search for PT (no periods) and it should show up under games.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Checking in this thread out of curiosity: anyone know if there's a way to trigger the R3 button when streaming from a Vita? Wanna drop this on friends at work for fun.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Crappy Jack posted:

I would imagine you haven't tried it yet, but yes, every PS4 game is mandated to have a working control scheme for Vita remote play. I haven't personally verified myself, but I would be STUNNED if it didn't work.
Front right corner of the screen to be precise!

I was just punching the thing front and center like a child shouting at it to zoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

1stGear posted:

Five minutes in and a character unironically went "Its a g-g-g-ghost!" Jesus Christ.
DAY ONE PURCHASE.

• Locked thread