Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It only chimes when it hits midnight and usually the lady will show up somewhere for you to see her. Sometimes it won't chime but she'll show up somewhere. Sometimes it will chime and she won't appear until a several seconds later. If you wait long enough she will usually show up again. If she shows up in the hallway and you get too close she'll jump into your body and you'll hear extra louder footsteps when you walk and she'll make noises when you stand still.

This is some Kojima bullshit, and he's the perfect rear end in a top hat to be making a horror game.

I'm convinced there's a random chance that you won't actually be able to finish the teaser and see the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The mystery of 204863 has been solved...
Its Hideo's birth date, August 24, 1963 :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

There is no functional difference between finishing the teaser and getting to the final puzzle and getting stuck and then looking up the ending.

In fact, since its already been revealed, the ending is the worst part of the teaser.

poor nose posted:

I thought she was supposed to kill you the one time, does she get you more times?

I think she'll attack again if you load your saved game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I doubt the real game will make you feel as helpless as the trailer did. At best the bugs will be worked out and wont be as cryptic as waiting for baby moans. I hope there is some kind of melee system.

There aren't any bugs in this to work out for the final product, none of this is indicative of the actual game. This is just a teaser, not a gameplay demo.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah this is a really promising teaser and you know with Guillermo involved there's going to be some kind of horrific autopsy at some point plus out-of-game fuckery. Hideo Kojima will probably hijack your PS button and make you think that you've gone to the home screen before springing some hideous poo poo on you.

edit: just realized that these guys are going to find SOME great way to gently caress with you via controller speaker.

Better yet, the camera.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I hope they have a mechanic where if the game scares you enough to jerk the controller, the game recognizes it and makes your character stumble.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

poor nose posted:

Wait? There is a ghost sighting in the bathtub? I kept expecting it but never saw it. Also when can you see the person upstairs looking down at you?

He means the one you can only see through the mirror.

I think the one looking down at you from the balcony was only for people who turned the gamma up too high, unless somebody can confirm that its one of the spooky ghost lady spawn locations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

It's actually there from the very beginning. In the very starting room (which you can't go back to under normal circumstances). After you get the flashlight and you the game glitches out after the peephole the game will do false restart but you'll keep your flashlight. When you get up don't exit the room, instead look in the corner behind you for a table with the bag on it.

You can also die at the hands of the ghost to go back to the room.

I like that when you revisit that room with the flashlight, you can see the marks all over the walls from how long he's been trapped there. It really makes the thing go full circle. Kojima really is the only developer that knows how to make the gameplay match the story.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

There's no details whatsoever about the game besides who is making it and the fact that it'll be on the PS4. If there is a xbone version, a PC release seems likely since MGSV was just confirmed for the PC a couple days ago.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Also jump scares are guaranteed to be "effective" because you will jump reflexively if something appears quickly and unexpectedly. It's literally a biological response to aggressive stimuli. That's why they're such a crutch for lazy horror writers. I can think of many movies filled with jump scares that were "effective" but didn't leave me feeling scared at all. PT uses jump scares more or less effectively, since you only get jump scares after more or less provoking the environment and being warned via environmental queues, but that doesn't make someone a scared baby for not liking them.

Some of y'all need to remember that before going in for another round of blowjobs on this demo.

Tell us more about this thing you never actually played yourself :allears:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was having the same experience with stuff in the corner of the screen, but I just wrote it off as the flashlight reflecting off of the windows or the mirror.

The reflections in P.T. are amazing, the first thing I noticed when I started the teaser up was the numbers on the clock reflecting slightly off of the surface it was on and it blowing me away. The tech in this has got me more excited for the Phantom Pain than the actual game its teasing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

:vince:

There's no way that he's involved too, right? That would be a wild collaboration.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Walking Dead guy wandering into a haunted house is the most logical theory thus far.

I'm pretty sure the teaser is self contained and entirely unrelated to the game. The player character is stuck in purgatory or hell reliving the walk through the hallway and going into the garage to kill himself. The gameplay mirrors his monotonous lifestyle before he killed his family.

The phone call with the teaser afterwards is a secret thing, the "game" of the teaser is supposed to be neverending. At least that's how I interpret the whole thing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Reive posted:

I didn't learn that until after it was recorded, a perfect video to me would have the Lisa attack at the look behind you point, the letters changing just by looking away, not take a handful of loops to find the hole in the wall during the red hallway bit, and somehow miraculously triggering the ending on one attempt.

If you want to showcase the teaser, including the ending really isn't necessary. It doesn't add much besides reveal the three big names.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The only time I seen her in the bathroom was when she lunged out of it at me in the hall.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Well yes. There is a foetus in the bathroom sink. Which is pretty hosed up if you think about it.

I thought it looked more like the baby from Eraserhead, rather than an actual fetus.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

a foolish pianist posted:

I was pretty sure that voice was just a general in-the-house disembodied ghostly voice, not the fetus talking. It always moves its mouth, regardless of what's happening elsewhere.

That poo poo was loving with me too, when I heard the breathing from being "possessed" I thought that it was fetus breathing heavily.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

This is Kojima, he's at his best when the plot is dumb and batshit insane.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

I feel the need to mention at this point that I got the three baby laughs and the phone call without a mic.

Do you have the camera for your ps4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Spalec posted:

I hope it's first person with 3rd person cutscenes, that'd be a good compromise. The atmosphere of PT was amazing, better then most horror games you pay $60 for.

Also, if it's first person they can let it use Project Morpheus/Oculus rift :unsmigghh:

poo poo I hope there aren't any cutscenes.

• Locked thread