Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Unless someone blows this wide open I think the first half before the "reset" is meant to be the demo, and the second half is just meant to drive completionist people nuts with red herrings. The way these things shake out I wonder if the reveal was expected to take much longer to get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was gonna restart the demo and follow this guide because it seems like they figured out the order of how this all works (sort of): http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/08/12/silent-hills-demo-walkthrough.htm

But how do I restart the demo? It seems to have saved after I've done almost everything and I'm just waiting for the phone call which never comes (yes I tried following their order of events to get the call to trigger).

Settings - > Application Saved Data Management - > Delete

http://i.imgur.com/q83xdj4.png Taken from NeoGAF. I love this, this has to be there just to gently caress with people who ignored the instructions and turned their brightness all the way up.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Is this going to be first-person or third-person?

They said as much that the PT demo was not indicative of how the final game would play, and given the fact that they're going through the trouble of getting Norman Reedus's likeness it's probably a safe bet that it's third person.

Personally I would be really bummed though if they lost the first person stuff from P.T. since it was so effective. My hope is that running around outdoors and moving the story forward is all 3rd person, while indoors and solving puzzles it then turns to first person. If they keep series staples like progressing through the school and the hospital it's easy for me to see them breaking up the game like that.

• Locked thread