Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Package
Jun 18, 2004

Mafiosa posted:

The hard J sound seems to be the key to getting that goddamned baby to laugh, but everything about that video makes no sense or has already been handwaved away by Kojima (204863 is Kojima's birthday, 7780 was explained by another poster and the Jarith thing is just dead wrong wrt biblical significance)
But if its a hard J sound that seems to work universally for everyone, I'm going to put my money on the keyword being "Kojima". Can't test it myself, but I'm throwing it out there.

I do believe the hidden messages in the game give you hints as to what to do, but I think the name you need to say is "Jack", not "Jarith". My reasoning here is because there is a reversed audio message that says "I walked until I stood one pace before Jack." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWXUr76eSg). People have assumed this refers to a deck of cards, where the Jack is the first card after the tenth card. Therefore you would walk 10 paces.

But if you stand by the clock, and then walk 10 paces down the hall, you end up just outside the bathroom, with the sink just to your right. Therefore, it could be assumed the name of the baby in the sink is Jack. It also may be possible that if you walk 10 steps from the clock and into the bathroom you end up right in front of the sink, but I haven't tested that.

Anyway, here is what I did to complete the puzzle:

1. Stand by the clock, and wait for it to turn midnight and the chimes begin. (doesn't seem to matter where you stand, though)
2. Walk 10 paces and stop to trigger the first baby laugh.
3. Stand in place, and wait for the woman to stop making sounds during the first haunting. Say "Jack" into the mic. Do this after she stops making sounds but before the distorted background sounds stop. This should trigger the second baby laugh.
4. Stand in place and do not touch any controls. Wait for the controller to stop vibrating. You should hear the third baby laugh.
5. The phone should ring. Walk over and look at it with R3, then continue out of the room.

People have said they have done it without the mic, so this might only be one possible solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread