Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-announced-for-early-2015-release?read

quote:

Today Atari announced RollerCoaster Tycoon World, the newest installment in the amusement park simulation series for PC.

Developed by Pipeworks, RollerCoaster Tycoon World once again puts players in charge of a theme park, complete with rides, shops, patrons and, of course, the titular roller coasters. Park maintenance and customer happiness need to be tended to, as well as overall construction and expansion efforts. But in the newest installment, players can also cooperate with up to four players to manage one massive amusement park.

"Many of the new features in RollerCoaster Tycoon World were not possible a few years ago, but we have taken advantage of technological improvements to offer a wildly fun gaming experience that stays true to the storied franchise," Atari CEO Fred Chesnais said in a press release.

Other players' parks can be visited, and coaster blueprints can be shared online as well –– Pipeworks wants to make RollerCoaster Tycoon World the most connected Tycoon title yet.

Atari said RollerCoaster Tycoon World is a full PC experience, and will be "micro-transaction free," so players will have access to all of the content at release.

Hell yeah, this sounds amazing. I was so disappointed when "Rollercoaster Tycoon 4" turned out to just be a lovely phone game that charged you through the nose for microtransactions. I can't wait to see how this turns out

Teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzpx0im7U0c

Zero Star fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

No microtransactions is good but ugh online poo poo? Nobody wants to sperg with their loving friends, we don't HAVE friends to begin with and even if they did the only good thing from multiplayer is goons dicking over pubbies.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

It does not appear that the online component is compulsory.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Mister Adequate posted:

No microtransactions is good but ugh online poo poo? Nobody wants to sperg with their loving friends, we don't HAVE friends to begin with and even if they did the only good thing from multiplayer is goons dicking over pubbies.
Speak for yourself :colbert:

My friends and I would love to collaborate on a giant theme park. It'd be no different from having a private Minecraft server or whatever.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Preorder now and receive the Thrill Rides DLC pack on Day 1!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care about the online component at all because I don't want you goons in my precious little zen garden. :colbert: No penis shaped Power Towers here!

RCT3 is the oldest game currently installed on my computer. I basically want a modern version of that... with rift support of course.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zero Star posted:

Speak for yourself :colbert:

My friends and I would love to collaborate on a giant theme park. It'd be no different from having a private Minecraft server or whatever.

It worked so well for SimCity 5

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I would definitely like to be able to go around and visit my steam friends theme parks to help build them or gently caress around as a guest - even while they're in the middle of building them.

They better make go-cart riding into a playable minigame. :cool:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I hope this owns and is the best game ever

Please do not crush my dreams with reality, thank u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoEqWjoHp8

• Locked thread