Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Haruhearts ~ OP 1

Exclusive Making-Of Footage!
Supporting Cast & Crew

"Well, I guess we'll start. Is that alright with everyone?" Aimi scoots her stool front and center and carefully sits down. Ben and Sara both flank her, as usual. "Ben, could you read the minutes of the last meeting?"

"Aye," he says, producing his tattered spiral notebook. "Friday, we began the meeting at 2:31..." He looks up at the clock on the wall. "As we are now. At that time, I read the minutes of Thursday. After that, we started watching the first episode of WataMote while breaking into game groups. Among the games were CardFight!!, Love Letter, and... Tentacle Bento."

Sara and Roxy both groan in unison. Keith crosses his arms and scowls.

"We voted to... avoid one of those games for future game days. After we moved on to the second episode, Class Rep Caleb came in and pulled Mr. Keen out to talk about something. We adjourned at 3:26 after finishing up the last CardFight game. I went home with the trophy."

The trophy, a little plastic statuette shaped like a shrimp roll, sits on the empty stool.

"Thank you, Ben," says Aimi. Ben smiles warmly and begins recording notes. "So, as you... probably heard over the intercom, Holly's... gone missing sometime last night. We don't know where she is. Superintendent Meyer has already contacted law enforcement, who has organized a search party. So, until Holly can come back, I'll be acting as President... if that's okay with everyone."

Voices from the small crowd say apprehensively, "Okay." "That's fine." "Uh-huh."

"I, uh." Sara speaks up, for once. "Think we can do a fundraiser or something Wednesday for Club Day if she's, y'know, still missing. Can we just, like, bring cookies or something and sell them to people and, y'know, give the proceeds to Holly's mom?"

"That's a great idea. We'll vote on it tomorrow, if that's alright." Aimi exhales, obviously under some pressure. "A-anyway, Keith's brought Ponyo for us to watch today. Feel free to move around and get a better view." The three officers take their seats, Ben scooting a desk over to his so he can spread out all his papers. Keith has planted himself in the aisle for optimal viewing position. Roxy and Francine are in the back, not really watching but not necessarily making themselves a nuisance.

That just leaves you.

Please link your sheet into your first post. Quote is not necessary, but I won't stop you.

Posts should be in the first person, preferably. I think everyone wants to see what your character is thinking.

Milo, you're pretty happy with Zoey, right? I mean, she needs you, you need her... but what does Reagan want? I mean, she's sitting right behind you. What do you think she's doing? And for that matter, just how did that go with her anyway? Don't skimp the details. But what does Zoey have that Reagan doesn't? What will you do to prove it?

Zoey, is it really worth asking? There's no president. That means they need a president. Aimi's not going to do it, is she? Oh, and how's Milo? He caught you in one of your moods and you let him in. Why him and not one of your "friends"? But regardless, now that you're more than friends, what else will you be doing with him? What will you be doing now?

Reagan, look at him. You let him into your life and he hasn't repaid you a single piece. And then he starts walking around with Zoey. Zoey, who... what did she do again? Anyway, they're doing this right in front of you. Are you going to let them? Or is it time to plant the hooks? What do you think you should do?

Chris, are you interested at all in the movie? Or are you distracted by that thing Marcell said after class today? What does he mean by that anyway? Anyone else giving you the same vibe in here? You do have a few viable targets if you need to control the situation at hand. Is there even a situation though? Why not just watch the film? What are you doing?

Makoto, who've you been hanging out with lately? Zoey knows more about you, but Reagan seems more helpful, right? Who'd you have lunch with? Did you have a good talk? Who are you keeping your eyes on now? What do you think you'd do if things got heated?

Wendar, you've got a good view of Aaron from here, if not for that sniveling peon in front of you. What made you so interested in Aaron anyway? Is he going to be useful in your fight? Does he even know about that? What are you going to do?

Kei, this is it. This is the moment where being Aimi really means something. Where's your Aimi outfit right now? Where did it come from? Do you think you could pull it off, if you even want to? I mean, okay, Holly's gone, but you don't have her stuffed in a bag somewhere, right? ...Right? ... What should you do?

Aaron, you could relate to this fish-person Ponyo. Out of one world and into another, growing chicken legs and having friendly chats with the youngest Jonas brother and his mom Tina Fey, two people (and one animal) you have undoubtedly never heard of, yes? Drawn any parallels yet? And speaking of parallels, earlier today you had to do a petite extraction of vengeance. Who dropped the ball this time? And what do you do now that they're in the room with you again?

Aly, oh man this day has been the WOOORST. I mean, first you embarrassed yourself in front of... what was their name? But that was bad. And now coming here and seeing Holly is gone. Like, gosh, right? So how are you coping with things? Is this just another manic Monday, or is it a Day to Remember? And what about what's going on right now? You ARE surrounded by a bunch of wacky guys with strange ideas NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH WACKY OR STRANGE. Regardless, what will you do?

Cal, you seem to have a way with goth girls, don't you? Jen wanted to sit with you at lunch, right? And before the meeting started Roxy very indiscreetly left you a note. Go ahead and read it for me. What do you think of that? And Holly's gone missing too. Do you think she's...? And Aimi doesn't seem to be taking that all too well. What do you do?

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Milo Colombera (The Mortal)
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: None

Well, it's been two weeks to the day since Zoey and I became a thing. Me, the new kid in town, her, the hip girl around campus. It's still a bit hard to believe I've got a girlfriend so soon, but I guess I was just lucky. Maybe a bit TOO lucky, I think as my attention goes to the girl breathing down my neck. It was about a week after me and Zoey started going out. I went to the Cafe Rouge, the place Reagan's parents run, one day after school for a drink. I recognized Reagan from one of my classes and we started talking, and next thing I know, an hour and a half has passed. She gives me a goodbye kiss as a joke, and I dunno, our hormones got out of whack or something, and then it transitioned into a straight-up makeout session. With tongue! We haven't talked about it much since, but I wonder if she's still thinking about it. Oh God, what if she tells Zoey? She might be thinking about doing that! Oh man, Zoey's bad enough when she gets mad at me being late to walk home, she'd explode if she found out!

Look, I like Zoey. There's a sense of sophistication and class to her that drives me loving wild. We're pretty happy together, and I wanna keep it that way. I just got here a few weeks ago, I don't want to get a reputation as a player or a heartbreaker or something. So I'm gonna do everything I can to be The Good Boyfriend. Flowers and chocolates and remembering her birthday, all that poo poo. And I'm NEVER GOING TO TELL HER ABOUT REAGAN. At least not yet. I just have to hope Reagan does the same.

So here I am, between a girlfriend and a hard fling, trying to be discreet about sweating my rear end off, and now the club president is missing. This is just great.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 13, 2014

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Reagan Hennessy (The Mummy)
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1

I once knew a knight touted as the greatest warrior in all the land. He was the very flower of chivalry, a peerless guardian of his allies, and utterly lethal to his foes. Indeed, it was his friends, rather than his foes who brought his downfall. This knight loved a woman whose heart belonged to another. Officially. In truth, she felt the same, and for a time they carried out an affair in secret. My brother's right hand man and his wife. When they were finally found out, the people erupted in protest. Some called for the adulterers to be punished, while others stood up in defense of he who had championed them time and time again.

And that was the beginning of the end.

These, ugh, tragic romances played out with agonizing regularity back in my day (Sigh. More ammo for you, Zoey). I swore I would never lower myself to their level. Killing each other in the name of "she who I could never live without". Assuming I could even find someone who saw me in that way. There were greater things at stake than a tryst.

So, why did I kiss him? Though, "kiss" is hardly adequate to describe what happened between Milo and I. Hell. I suppose it was that...up until that last moment, Milo didn't expect anything of me. He was just there for a talk. Which was more than I could say for others I met on that particular day. It was a simple thing, but it just seemed so special at the time. NO! However it might feel, I just...can't. There are only two ways for this to end. In blood, and in absurd stupidity. Even if Milo and I did everything in our power not to so much as touch each other again. We have to tell her at some point. Better that she find out from someone who gives a drat, rather than any of those rotten brats who would tell her everything just to watch her reaction.

My drat head hurts. I'll deal with this later. Ugh. Am I just looking for a distraction? Or is there more to Holly being gone than anyone is saying? Hm. Then again, what they say about hammers might be true about magic. Every surface starts to look like it needs a nail after a fashion.

And why does this movie have to be so happy? I don't need this right now.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 13, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Crispian "Chris" Caius Avilius Constantine
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

I'm not really focused on the reading of the minutes, aside from a brief resurgence to grimace at the mention of Tentacle Bento, then I go back to my preoccupation, not really noticing the movie starting. The main thing on my mind, is Marcell. It wasn't a big deal, we talk every so often, in a sort of vaguely friendly way, since we're supposed to be 'friends' because we both know the big secret, but today he mentioned that I "Don't even know what [my] real mission here is."

And that's been bugging me. Because I don't. What does preserve the club even mean? Stop it from dying out? They have a bunch of members, that's easy, it'll just keep growing. I suppose if Holly were to stay missing it might be in trouble? She's definitely helping to bind it together, but I think enough people here are interested in anime to keep going without her anyway.

To monitor it? Monitor what? A bunch of nerds being nerdy? There has to be some bigger picture here, and I can't see it. Is that part of my job? To figure out the big picture? And why does Marcell, of all people, know what I'm supposed to be doing? I can only assume Isabella knows, but why hasn't she told me then?

One other thing is stopping me from paying much attention to the movie, aside from the fact that the concept of a movie about a magical talking goldfish(?) doesn't really grab my attention much (I didn't pay much attention when they outlined it). A lot of animals talk back home. Well, animal spirits. That other thing is that Reagan is sitting in front of me, and shes, well, kind of hot. But, mainly I'm thinking about what the hell I'm even doing here. At the same time, I start absently tracing some latin runes onto a scrap of paper on the table in front of me. No magic, just some muscle reflex.

Still scratching out some symbols, I glance at the people around me, to see what they're focusing on, mainly interested in Reagan and Makoto, who's been helping me get to know the area a bit better, which is doubly nice because it means I don't have to ask Marcell, and I'd rather not do that if I can help it.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 15, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy
Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4; Exp 0/5; Conditions: NONE

Don't get me wrong. My initial impulse here is to stand up - take charge. Even if Aimi wanted to be in charge, it's not like she'd suddenly grow a spine. But they're making it into some big thing - even calling the cops!. Holly's probably just run off somewhere - she's kind of a weirdo, and having a mom that high up in the education infrastructure's gotta be SUPER pressure. Hell, I'd probably take off for a day or two myself. But if I butt in now, I look like the callous rear end in a top hat who tried to take over the club because the president was TOTALLY DEAD AND STUFF. And appearance is everything. Nope. Going to wait a day or two - maybe until she actually gets back. Go all "where were you to stop the Keith-is-a-giant-creeper Crisis of last week?". Does the charter include provisions for votes of no confidence? Something to check.

But for now, I just scoot my desk a little closer to Milo's. I still don't really know what to do here. I mean, you build up all these expectations, good and bad. Hell, if the gym locker room talk about most guys is any indication, I should be swatting him off of me at any spare moment. But he hasn't really been like that - which is fine for now, because I am completely lost as far as that sort of thing goes. Nope. Just going to sit here and NOT wonder why I'm a total idiot for seating us in the front row. Plus, that Reagan girl's behind us, she said something last week that sounded so old-fashioned she's probably already about to ask us to leave room for Jesus.

On the bright side, it would be something interesting, and not some flick I've seen a bunch already. Miyazaki's older stuff was better, anyway.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 13, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Hot 2 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

I'm honestly more focused with Aly over there, just a few seats in front of me. He hasn't said much of anything to anyone today, much less to me. What does he think of my letter? Did... did he even read it? It's kind of making me nervous. I'm really glad I'm at the back of the classroom because otherwise everyone else would see me hyperventilating, geez.

Okay, can't do anything about that. Aimi, on the other hand... there's a lot of things I could actually do here now that Holly's gone. It wasn't that hard to get the VP's clothes after last week's gym class. She always had a spare uniform in her locker, and loud noises freaked her out. It just took a well-timed alarm bell, and I simply waltzed in her open locker. And now, if I can find a way to put her away, I can take charge of the club for a few days.

That would be interesting. I mean... we could always use more magical girl shows instead of another viewing of WataMote (I've seen it once and that's it). And I want to lead the club to exploring the urban legends and rumors around the school. Holly's always busy and just wants us to watch weird shows, and... well, I like Aimi, but she plays it safe too often. I could do better in charge, I think.

But why do I even need to stop there? The President is missing. Her clothes are just around here somewhere...

Hm.

Let's... take this one step at a time. How can I take Aimi's place?

Mitama fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 13, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 | Integrity 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Rather Watch Them posted:

Aly, oh man this day has been the WOOORST. I mean, first you embarrassed yourself in front of... what was their name? But that was bad. And now coming here and seeing Holly is gone. Like, gosh, right? So how are you coping with things? Is this just another manic Monday, or is it a Day to Remember? And what about what's going on right now? You ARE surrounded by a bunch of wacky guys with strange ideas NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH WACKY OR STRANGE. Regardless, what will you do?

...o-oh, oh no, you heard too?

I mean, it wasn't anything embarrassing, honest! Just, y-y'know...oh gosh everyone in the school knows and they'll all think i'm really weird and oh gosh i wonder if I can transfer schools? I-I mean, if I...if I told mama and papa that I'll literally die if I stay at RUHS they might believe me, right? 'cos I really will! I'll burst into flames from being embarrassed and it'll be really bad and the smell will just be a terrible inconvenience and...o-okay. What would papa say? "Deep breaths, Alyosha. Deep breaths." A-and then he'd smile and talk about baking 'cos it always comes back to baking and okay maybe i don't want to think about things being on fire anymore

S-sorry. Um...so, I had computer class right before Anime Club, a-and I really like it! ...part of the time. Our teacher is really sweet and class with him is fun, but he also has narcolepsy really bad! So sometimes he just has to stay home, and when that happens the school calls in Mr. Voight, and he's...not very nice. (I mean, he's nice to some of the boys in class, but he's really snippy with everyone else, and sometimes it feels like he barely tolerates me... :ohdear: ) Some days he's better than others, and he'll just let the rest of us do whatever or sometimes even go outside, but today...today wasn't one of those days. He practically snarled out the assignment for today before stomping over to the side of the room where all his "Teacher's Pet-abytes" (...i-is that a computer thing? Sounds weird, but they seem proud of it...) sit, and I'd finished my exercises so I thought it'd be okay to read this really sweet Madoka AU fanfic (uuu, it's really neat! Madoka and Homura and Sayaka are all normal and they work at a coffeeshop together but they also go to school together and they're all in Drama Club and the Drama Club is putting on Sleeping Beauty but the Prince is a girl and Sleeping Beauty is a boy -- but Madoka's still a girl! -- and the Prince has an evil twin except she's only sort of evil and....i-it's really neat, okay?) one of my friends on tumblr said was really good, 'cos no one really pays attention to me and I was finished with my work anyways, but...

I got into it. Like, really into it. My face felt really warm and my heart was beating like crazy and i felt really *light* 'cos they were rehearsing and Homura omg she was going to *kiss* Madoka a-and...and Mr. Voight screamed at me from over my shoulder. I was afraid to turn around but he sounded so mad and when i tried to apologize he was like NOT ANOTHER WORD, MISS KOSOGLAD and when i tried to tell him it wasn't dirty or anything -- I mean, sometimes people just assume OH DOUJINS AND FANFICS AND EVERYTHING IT'S ALL A BUNCH OF HORRIBLE GROSS STUFF but it's really not! Sometimes they're really sweet and they have plots and...it's not all dirty! Except when it has tentacles. Then it's dirty, okay? -- but he just sneered and was like WHY DON'T WE FIND OUT MISS KOSOGLAD, and I thought it'd be okay 'cos it wasn't dirty or anything, right? But then he started adding things that weren't in the fic and saying horrible untrue things about Madoka-chan and all the TEACHER'S PET-ABYTES and some other people laughed and I was afraid to turn around or move or make a peep 'til class was over and...it was really horribly embarrassing, okay? But I'm definitely not gonna cry again or anything, though. O-okay? 'm just gonna focus on helping everyone because they're wacky and strange and they all need someone responsible to help out! E-especially Kei! She's weird and wacky and okay i guess maybe not that weird or wacky but oh gosh you guys SHE GAVE ME A LOVE LETTER and it was really sweet and it had poetry and hearts and a red envelope and and aaaaaaaa what do i do

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 13, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal Summerland, the Calaca
Hot +1, Dark +1, Cold -1, Volatile 0
Harm: 0/4 XP: 0/5

My mind is...elsewhere. Jen Loudemire, student journalist, wanted to sit with me at lunch. Something about "diverse cultures in the anime club," or something like that. I don't even know what to do with that. I mean...I think she might be attracted to me. I've heard her saying as much in the halls. But...I don't know. She's pretty, and nice enough, but I think her curious nature might lead her to believe something even worse than she could imagine.

You know, like me being a literal skeleton just wearing someone else's skin. That would be bad. But maybe not so bad - I mean, look at all the sugar skulls on her notebook. And her backpack. And her earrings. ...And her shirt. Man, she really coordinates, doesn't she? It's nice though - a good look.

Roxy...though. I'd talk about Roxy. But she's not the type of girl who's into "talk." More action. As evidenced by this note she left on my desk. In plain view of the group. It's a miracle that didn't get snatched up by anyone. But it's a note, and I might as well read it, right?

pre:
After school.  Bleachers.  Be there.
And a black lipstick kiss. Well, if I was unsure of Jen being into me, I can definitely say Roxy is. Which is...something. Man, life is just turning out like one of those weird harem anime things, isn't it?

"Curiouser and curiouser," as they say.

I give Roxy a knowing look and a subtle nod. Might as well accompany her, right? Let's just hope I can avoid Jen long enough to see what this whole thing is about...

And then they drop it on me. The club president - missing. I could always take a minute out of my not-exactly-busy day, check the spirit world to see if she's passed on.

But it's the first 48 hours that counts for missing persons cases. You learn these things, being a spirit of death. I'll give it a bit. I can look later. For now, I have other things on my mind. But that's gonna eat at me for a while, I just know it.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1

Chie, Victor, Brian, and I used to eat lunch at the picnic tables in the back of the school, near the cherry blossom tree. (A dirt path runs from the back of the school to the street on that side of the block, dividing the park the tree belongs to from the Kageyama property.) I went there out of habit on the first day of school, and ran into Brian. I didn't want to talk to him where other people could hear us, so I told him I had somewhere to be and that if he wanted to talk he could grab me after school on my way to anime club.

I didn't actually have somewhere to be, so I went to the clock tower to eat my lunch. There I met an unfamiliar kid named Crispian "Chris" Caius Avilius Constantine, who turned out to be new in town. The way that guy carries himself fascinates me: his economy of motion, his exact and deliberate movements. I've been hanging out with him, mostly just talking about Goldview and RUHS, since he seems about as reticent about more personal stuff as I am.

I wonder if Nurse Wells knows anything about Holly's disappearance. Gramps says she's an ally I can talk to about werewolf stuff, and apparently she even has some pull with the police. I'll talk to her tomorrow.

Xom fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 13, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1

I um, twitch a bit in my seat; partially because this Ponyo thing is really, really hitting home for me. Let's face it: It's making me homesick. Every day I come to this, this... this HELL of liars and honorless curs and I have to put UP WITH THEM. I don't exactly identify with a hopping fish, but I do feel way out of my ocean all the time. It's a good thing this shell's emotions don't necessarily match mine- my face looks smiley and happy while I brood here, in the dark. That's fine though. I don't want to deal with any questions today. Not from anyone. I just want to finish this day and go home.

Because frankly, on top of the usual stuff, I feel guilty as hell.

So uh, I tried to ask Holly out to the Campanile the other day. I had one of my feelings, right? Maybe she's the one I'm looking for. She is a leader, after all. And you know, she said yes, because she always thought there was something weird about the Campanile and she thought I meant investigate it. I tried to explain but... Holly.

I waited out there forever and she didn't show! I was furious. I went home and I used... well, I called in a favor from home. Just a little something to make her next meal turn to ashes in her mouth.

And now she's missing, and I'm sitting here wondering if I went too far.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 14, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrew/Wendar

The green sun of the netherworld shines with baleful flames above us all... Yet it seems that 'tis just a normal day on the boring realm of the mortals. My presence on this place they call an Anime Club... It seems that it's needed in order to keep the appearances from the mortals! Yet alas, there appears only to be trifling matters today. Childish games and the fish anime from the overrated Ghibli studio. Please, just because they got Academy Awards it doesn't mean it's good animation. And it's even the loving DUB for Leraje's sake! Again my recommendations for what to watch have been overruled by whatever plebeian tastes these people have. But the matter regarding the president's disappearance...

Wait a minute... Is that related to... DEMONS?! "Regarding the fact that our President vanishing..." He says out loud, overtaking the sounds of the Ponyo movie. "You are making a mistake by treating it so lightly, BENJAMIN! For all we know, she has been either kidnapped by criminals... Or may the Creatures of Light and Darkness save us all... She was kidnapped by the inhabitants of the underworld! And I will not simply stand around as she is missing!" I say whie slamming my fist on the table. That will indeed help make a point.

"The Lady Holly... We all swore fealty to her once we joined the SOS brigade, and even though some of her preferences were questionable, she is the only leader I will recognize here!" I say when pointing an accusing finger at Aimi with with my left hand and clutching my face with my right one. The Youkai Chi... drat it, I must keep it from overflowing at these times! "And thus I recognize thee not as the President, Aimi!" Yet it seems I must search from help... Perhaps Aaron, the one who once told he was from the distant stars? I look at him expectantly... "Assist me, Aaron! I can feel... Your shining heart of a human or spaceman, and your relationship with Lady Holly. You can assist me on my quest for her location... And may I say her rescue!"

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Ben hastily claps shut one of his more well-loved notebooks and turns to Andrew. "Wh-what? No, I'm just a freaked out as you are! I'm... y'know, a little introverted, but I still care!"

Keith speaks up, from in front of the class, "Hey, down in front."

Ben continues, "Look, if you want to join the search party, that's fine. But..." he look at the screen. "It's the signal scene, man. Can't it wait just a--"

Aimi slams one hand on her desk, stands and runs out, sobbing. Her glasses have been left on the desk. Ben reaches out an arm in vain, shouting "Wait! It's alright, just... Ugh." He slumps back into his chair.

"Heh heh," Keith adds. "She spelled baka."

"Keith, shut the gently caress up," whispers Roxy. She shakes her head while Francine strides out after Aimi. Roxy groans and follows after her.

"Stay here," Sara cautions everyone as she exits. Ben nods and walks over to block the door.

Mr. Keen looks up from his computer, then back down, shaking his head. Keith starts semi-chanting, "Baka-Baka-Baka-Baka..."

Now that the ice is broken, let's get everyone on their feet. Who wants to find Aimi? Who wants to go with Andrew? Who has other plans this afternoon? Who still wants to watch some anime?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: NONE

You ever get that kind of headache where aspirin won't do anything? Like it's some thought that's causing - well, it's not really pain. It's like a faucet with the tap dripping. Microphone feedback. Tiny dogs barking.

That's how most people make me feel. Andrew's just a little. Bit. Louder. Before I really think about it, I'm out of my seat. Milo can wait.

"Sit down, Andrew. You may not understand this, but here, in Reality Land, some of us were trying to watch a movie. Take your creepy damsel-in-distress fantasies elsewhere."

Shut Someone Down: 2d6+3 8
Giving him the condition Delusional

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 14, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Um... I'm helping, okay?" I say to no one, standing up and following the rest out of the room.

I don't expect anyone to notice I'm gone, or even care. But the club looks like in it's a mess, and I'm not terribly interested in Ponyo anyway. And... er, I don't really want to be in the same room as Aly right now. Or Andrew, now that he's on the warpath.

At least, not while I look like this.

Ben doesn't notice me walk through the door. Not many do. Uh, I'm kinda like that, really.

I grab my bag on the way out, unzip it ever so slightly to take a peek at Aimi's clothes, and head to the bathroom.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 14, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: None

You know. I might be relatively new here, but you don't need a lot of time to get a good read on some people. Namely Keith. Sure, that Andrew guy might be a total nutjob (seriously who stays in some weird larp character all the time), but at least hes expressing some kind of concern for someone here, even if it is in the weirdest and creepiest way. And Zoey is well... trying to watch a movie, which seems a little pointless when the room is dissolving around her, but at least she isn't going 'baka baka baka baka'.

Since everyone else is starting to do things, I figure I might as well join in. "Hey Keith! Why don't you-" Once he turns round, I lock eyes with him, and continue, my words dropping into latin for the curse, though it hopefully looks like an emotional outburst in my native tongue. People do that all the time, right? "Eheu Quid De Irrumabo Usque Clauditis- shut the gently caress up?"

Modified Ring of Lies to create the ringing in his head whenever he tries to talk 2d6+2=9
I'll give the Hex Unexpected side effects, cause its a made up on the spot spell. Also, cause, Keith.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 | Integrity 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"H-hey, Aimi, wait!" Oh no, oh no....aaa, Aly looks really worried! And then his eyes flit over to the desk where she was seated and he looks even more worried and--oh, that's it! Aly's up in a flash, pausing just for a moment 'cos he doesn't know if he's supposed to (but it's not stealing or anything, right? Or weird, or...anything! 'cos Aimi really needs her glasses and she's probably really worried and...I'm helping, okay?) snatching her glasses off the desk and heading for the door very quickly and very intently and--oh. Right. Ben. Aly looks up, giving him his best pleadingworried puppydog eyes and begging but not too much not in a weird way or anything okay

"I-I know Sara said we should stay, but I'm really worried about Aimi! And besides, it's not like anything bad'll happen to us, but she left her glasses here and...a-and she could trip! She could trip on something she doesn't see and fall and hit her head and lose her memory and be mistaken for someone who works in the circus and the circus could be leaving THE NEXT DAY and she could end up someplace scary and faraway or....something! Something really bad could happen! So I'd be really really grateful if you'd let me through..."

Rolling to overwhelm Ben with adorableness manipulate an NPC and get through.

(2:11:22 AM) ningyou: !r 2d6+2
(2:11:23 AM) Krysmbot: ningyou, 8+2 = 10

I AM QTMANDIAS, KING OF KINGS; LOOK UPON MY CUTENESS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

"Please?"

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Never mind looking for distractions. It appears there really might be a more pressing issue at hand. At least, it's quite clear no one wants to be here, save Keith. The utter pest, I- What. I sneak a glance at Chris. Did he just...? Suppressing the urge to voice my shock out loud, or indeed, react at all, I close my eyes.

System activate. Begin configuration. Every human possesses a source of mana deep within. Few actually ever harness it and become magic users, but all have that potential for power and the creation of great wonders. On a bad day, it can be an uplifting thought. At a moment like this, having seen someone bust out their limitless powers to shut up a harmless idiot? Not so much.

Base Sigil complete. Standing by.

Though, before and if I'm going to make accusations, I should confirm what I sensed. Begin output. Limit level to 15%. To practice magic is to expose yourself to every being that can conceivably be called a lifeform, including the Earth herself (I assume sky clad rituals were created by mages who took this truth literally). That is where the necessary energy comes from. Life. We take mana to fuel our spells, and we give of ourselves in return, replenishing it.

Confirmed. Mana circuits charging...Beginning conversion...Output at 10%...15%. Sustaining output at 15%. Not enough to throw fireballs, but enough to sharpen my senses considerably. The process happens at the speed of thought. I think pretty quickly... Target identified. Class E Geas, unknown tradition. Initiate backtrace, y/n? ...And I think Chris is a drat fool. I also think I should have grabbed Aimi's glasses and talked my way out of the room while I could. Now I have to kill some time before I can excuse myself (read: see what kind of guard Ben makes).

I wait until the characters onscreen do something weird, which doesn't take long. Then I turn to Chris, offering him the universal expression for, "What in the name of Magic were you thinking?!" Somehow, I don't think I need to hide from this mage. If he can't be trusted not to Bind someone for being a prat, I doubt he'd be trusted to retrieve magical technology that is more than a millennium old, anyway.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 14, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, that didn't take long.

"God dammit, Andrew. It's every day with this."

And then Zoey gets up and tells him off. Great, now SHE'S in a bad mood. That's MY day gone.

"Zoey, please calm down, this isn't going to get us anywhere. We should try to find Aimi and get her back here."

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal Summerland
XP: 0/5, Harm: 0/4
Hot +1, Dark +1, Cold -1, Volatile 0

I hustle out the door. A chance to spend a bit of time with Roxy, maybe figure out what her intentions are, AND look for the club president? That's just two birds with one stone.

"Hey, guys, wait up!" I call out, as I come up on the group.

That Alyosha kid's making quite literally the cutest face I've ever seen, I guess trying to be included. It's really easier to make yourself seem like you've been there the whole time. But there are potentially lives on the line, and not everyone's had thousands of years of being the looming spectre of Death to learn how to make yourself a fixture in an area.

So I sidle on up to Roxy, cool as a cucumber (or at least, as best I can manage it) and smile.

"Got your note," I say. "Let's check out this thing and maybe talk about later today?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron

I look at Andrew, dredging up my most charitable opinion on him and arrive at...

What is with this kid?

Even the Frethains, with their love of their ridiculous Yesh Opera, never are half as melodramatic and inappropriate as this, this...

Turbonerd.

His proposal is not entirely stupid though, and once some of the others start to join in (so its not just me and him, augh,) I make a decision.

"Um, sure. I will gladly assist you on your quest" and maybe feel a little better about this "-as long as you promise me that you won't just give up on it." Like you probably do everything else. "You will see this through to the end."

His drama appears to be infectious. drat.

"If you agree, I will come."

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Kei

You successfully enter the bathroom, passing by Kimmy on your way. She looks at you like she looks at everyone (which is with a tiny bit of discomfort) but doesn't say anything. So, you getting all dolled up now? You have any secrets for getting into character?

Aly

"Wh--?" Ben furrows his brow a bit at the phrasing, then grimaces and blinks a couple times. "Yeah, go give 'em back, if you can find her." He plants his shoulders on the wall next to the door and crosses his arms. His right index finger taps in time to the background music as little Ponyo crawls out of her father's sub. Now that you're free, you see the punk parade (Cal headed that way from behind you) heading toward the cafeteria and Kei moving in the opposite direction. Where do you go?

Cal

You catch a sour look from Ben before you leave, then catch up with the girls (who stop briefly when you call out).

"Oh. Yeah," Roxy mentions, a little flustered. "Sure. Just, y'know, not right now. All this anime club drama is just--" Francine suddenly breaks off ahead, and Sara follows suit. Rox is not amused. "UUGH. The things I do for this dumb club." She turns her head back to Cal for a sec. "They'll catch up to her. Did you want to go now, or help with Aimi, or what?"

Chris

Keith begins to say "Come on man, just sit--" but then it begins. "Aagh!" He plugs his ears with his mitts and thumps his elbows down on his desk. The spell obviously worked, but as you say your parting shots a sharp ringing noise enters your ears as well. Seems you made eye contact with yourself through his glasses and cursed the both of you. If only you had more Lorem Ipsum to throw at it. How will you deal with this?

Everyone, Ben's caved and let Aly and Cal go through, but he's a little upset. Does anyone else want to try and head out?

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 14, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5
Hot +1, Dark +1, Volatile 0, Cold -1

This is actually a weird situation. I want to help Aimi. Everything that I was made for says I should help her. I should check the spirit world for Holly.

But Roxy's...here. And ALIVE. God, I never knew what that expression meant until right now.

"I, uh...think they can handle themselves a bit. Let's get away from all the anime club drama, shall we? You seem like you could use a break..."

I flash her a smile.

Manipulating an NPC with Hot, trying to get Roxy to break away from this anime club drama!

(1:53:27 PM) Krysmbot: TempusRimeblood, 8+1 = 9

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Reagan is glaring at us.

"What was that?" I hiss at Chris.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: None

Okay, that was definitely a mistake, I lost my cool a bit there, and I didn't have a very good grip on it in the first place while I was mulling over Marcell's deal. I should reverse this as so-riiiiiiiiing-oh gently caress! oh gently caress! Its hitting me too?! How did this even happen! This shouldn't be able to happen!

Holding Steady 2d6+1=5 hahahaha

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Chris (Club Room)

Mr. Keen hears the arguments forming and stands up to observe the situation. He takes a look at you and Keith, who both seem to be in some mental stress, and steps out of the room in some hurry holding his cell phone. Ben just stares at you both in shock, his tapping becoming more pronounced. Keith is rocking in his chair, occasionally banging on his head to make it stop. You're getting looks from Reagan and Makoto. And just think about what Mrs. Drust is going to say when she hears. Now what?

Cal

Roxy hugs herself and breaks eye contact. "Yeah, alright. But you should know, it's not what you think. I'm not like her. You know that, right? It's just... I need to talk and you, you seem like the guy." She looks up at you and rubs her left arm nervously.

She'll come along if you promise sex is not on the table.

Aly

You see Roxy and Cal stopping to talk about something, then Mr. Keen walks out to call someone and Kimmy waves hello to both of you as she walks by. Jeez, people are breaking off left and right. Which way do you go?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal

"Like...who?

And hey, I'm not the kind of guy you're worried about. Whatever you want to talk about, I'll listen, and it's not gonna be anything more than just a chat between friends. Tell you what, let's get off campus and go to that little coffee shop down the block. We'll talk, and I'll walk you home after?"

A bigger smile. I'm glad she's not just interested in my body - I'm happy just talking. I could talk for eternity.

Agreeing with that condition!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckGottaDoSomething! Without talking, oh goooood. Think! I don't have anything of Keith's on me, but if I managed to hit us both with the same curse somehow, I should be able to cancel it for both of us if I cancel it for one of us. I shove my hand into my bag, and reach around until my fingers my lucky pen. Of all my things it isn't close to having the strongest bind, but I don't have anything better than it to use for this on me, so it'll have to do. I push it into the cubby under the desk, holding it tight in my hand, drawing several runes on the underside of the desktop, then, essentially, pray.

If it works, the pen will be consumed, and the spell should stop. Oh god, please work.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Oh, he didn't just- Target identified. Class E Geas, unknown tradition. Initiate backtrace, y/n? Monkey with a gun. "Chris, may I talk to you outside for a second?" As if I was actually giving him a choice. Whirling around, I grab hold of his necktie and start towards the door. Frankly, the boy needs a leash and minder. A danger to himself and everyone nearby, that one. The energy of the Geas fades quickly. Unbelievably, he could clean up his own messes.

"Excuse us, Ben." I flash him a polite smile on the way out. Chris does not get turned loose until we are a ways down the hall. "Question. What the hell was that?" Increase output. Limit level to 50%.

Confirmed. Output at 20%...40%...50%. Sustaining output at 50%. Just in case he's still having that attack of idiocy.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 15, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Club Room

Chris, the ringing in your ears ceases to be, as does Keith's struggle. He squints and removes his glasses, asking Ben, "Hey, do you have any ibuprofen?" Ben quickly shakes his head and goes back to the film. Keith whines, "Some headache." He goes back to watching the movie, chuckling when prompted like a good little nerd.

Then you get dragged outside by Reagan.

Hallway

Cal

"The Grindhouse? Yeah, that's fine. Just don't want Francine around. Lemme grab my stuff, then we can go." She starts heading to her locker back the way you came, relieved but a bit rushed.

Did you want to skip ahead to the cafe or stick around for more drama?

Aly/Chris/Reagan

"Hello?" Mr. Keen keeps talking on his phone, not even worried that you're here. "Yes, I'd like to report a... code white." He's walking away now. So there you all are, Cal and Roxy passing by on their way.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 14, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I take a deep breath after feeling the pen crumble into dust in my hand, and relax as I can feel the effect wear off. Still, I'm going to have to do some serious damage control on this, what was I thinking? I look at Makoto, and gave my best attempt at a confused shrug "It was just some Greek." I glance around at anyone else looking at me weirdly still and make an apologetic face. "Just got a little worked up, shouldn't have shouted like that."

Hopefully Keith going right back to the movie like nothing happened at all will help make that believabl-oh poo poo! Someone didn't buy it. "What!" I stumble for a moment as Reagan starts to drag me out of the room, then get my feet back and follow her on my own, still being lead by the tie.

This feels pretty much like the scene out of an anime as she drags me down the hall, until she finally stops to confront me. "What? I just yelled at Keith a bit, I guess I should have kept it to English? I suppose that was rude." What does she even want?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Well, Mr. Narrator, let's put it this way. I'm going from a shy, introverted girl to a shy, introverted girl with a position of power.

I think can handle this.

It takes me a few minutes inside a bathroom stall to changes wear Aimi's clothes (I had them washed, of course). The weird thing with wearing other people's stuff is the need to assume pretty much everything about them, even their glasses' prescriptions. So not only do my red-framed glasses make a dead giveaway now, they won't work as well for these eyes anyway. I need to make do.

I step out of the stall with Kei's bag, stuffing it inside the janitor's locker for now. Then I look into the mirror. Not bad. Okay, let's think about this. I'm upset that Holly's gone, that Andrew thinks I don't deserve to run the club, and that Keith is a moron. I'm still crying, but I'm feeling a little better. Everyone needs a good cry, you know? People are right, though. Gonna have to make some changes to club and take action. Right?

You can do this, Aimi. Let's head back.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 15, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrew/Wendar

"Who... Who are you calling a baka?!" Indeed, that idiot Keith thinks I'm some kind of ⑨? "FOOLS!" I yell as I slam my foot on the top of table, climbing upon it in order to gather the attention of the group. "Our Leader and Colleague has been kidnapped and you are trying to watch a movie, and worst of all, a DUBBED ANIME?! That is completely against the spirit of the SOS Brigade! Foolish mortals!" I stop and turn to Aaron, lowering my voice. "Except for you, of course Aaron. Thanks for joining me. Together we shall go through the fire and the flames, we carry on, and will find her no matter what!" Ahem. "But you, woman... It seems that only the violent ways can compel you..." I pull out an era-er, a dark container of magical spells, and throw it at the forehead that Zoey girl, the one with who always reminded me of the Ostrich-Demons of the Cocytean Plains.

"You don't care about anyone, do you?! Well, no one here cares about you either!"

Lashing Out! (+ Volatile): 2d6+2 7
Giving Zoey 1 Harm and the condition Callous! She can give me 1 harm for free though.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 15, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As the eraser flies towards the forehead of my girlfriend of exactly fourteen days, I take a few steps back and take cover behind a desk. This is not going to be pretty.

"Everybody should just stay calm. Fighting amongst each other isn't going to get Holly back." I try to reason with the people in the room, knowing full well it's most likely futile.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy
Harm 1/4; Exp 2/5; Conditions: Callous

An eraser!? Ouch, why did that hurt so much?! That son of a....

"I don't care about people? People don't care about me? Wrong again, Andrew. On both counts."

Don't do it, Zoey. You're cool, calm, collected. You... you're going to overturn the table he's standing on. Clearly the most rational response.

[19:14] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 8+1 = 9
Take a harm back, and she's Lashing Out. Spending a string to make that a ten. He's gotta hold steady before retaliating.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron

Zoey and Milo together are clearly going for the good-cop bad-cop of this world's teevee dramas. While Andrew is, in fact, an annoying overdramatic nobody, at least he's not Zoey, who I could charitably describe as abrasive and uncharitably would require words in the Wikipedia pages I can't access on the school datalink.

That, and Andrew promised me something. Zoey's already lied to me. That makes me less inclined to be kind.

So what better way to mess up their little routine, and also hit Zoey right in the hurt, than to work on Milo?

Besides, he's cute.

I turn my deep blue eyes (they're adjustable, but people complained so I stick to blue) toward Milo, my voice a soft and pleasant whisper. "Indeed," I purr, "it won't. So why don't we all go out and look, and get to know each other better? Especially you, M-i-l-o... Why, I barely know anything about you, and that's a shame, because you're just delightful..."

Turn Milo On: 2d6+2 9

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Greek, yes. And I'm just speaking Gaelic when the world bends to my will. Speaking of which, instead of standing on the tips of my toes, I give Chris' tie another yank to bring us face to face. "Greek, my pert behind. That was a Geas." I am whispering to keep us from being overheard, but considering someone is breaking things inside the meeting room, I needn't have bothered. "You think I don't recognize Words of Power when I Hear them?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrew/Wendar
Harm 2/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Delusional Terrified.

"Wait what the..." I can barely say before the table where I'm standing on is turned upside down, and... Hm, that seems to be the ceiling, but it's getting farther aw-Oh gently caress.

BONK.

I... Stay out for a couple of minutes. There seems to be something dripping from my head. "You... YOU DARE?! I WILL KILL YOU!"

Rolling to Hold Steady

<Plutonis> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Plutonis, 7-1 = 6

WELL gently caress

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 15, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Uhhhhhh..... Better play dumb. She sounds like she knows something, but what if shes just a really big anime nerd? Can't give the game away any more than I already have. "Uh, what?" I reach down to tug my tie free from her hand, but stay crouched slightly so we're still on eye level. "Look, I know Fate/Zero was great, but aren't you taking it a little too seriously? Keith just freaked out or something, he's kind of a huge loving nerd."

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal

Sounds like a lot of stuff going on right around the anime club.

"Yeah, let's get out of here before stuff gets too loud."

I lead the way off campus, keeping an arm available for her to take if she wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5

I move between Andrew and Zoey.

"Are you trying to send him to the hospital? Did you think at all about how dangerous that was? Go sit with your boyfriend and let me handle this."
code:
<Xomnom> Rolling to shut Zoey down:
<Xomnom> !r 2d6 -1
<Krysmbot> Xomnom, 7 -1 = 6

I take advantage of Zoey's condition Callous.
We each lose a String on one another.

I turn to Andrew.

"Shut up! Are you hurt?"
code:
Rolling to shut Andrew down:

<Xomnom> !r 2d6 -1
<Krysmbot> Xomnom, 6 -1 = 5

Xom fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 15, 2014

• Locked thread