Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
This is a great thread idea. I'll join in for the next book, since it sounds like you all are almost done the current one (chapter 9 of 13, by my Amazon check.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I'd also like to nominate Christianna Brand's Green for Danger as a future book down the line: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Danger-Inspector-Cockrill-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B005XE5AY4

The book is on Kindle for $8, but if you have Kindle Unlimited or don't mind signing up for a free 30 day trial of that you can get it for free; through there, it can be read on any tablet, phone, or PC as long as you download the Kindle reading app.

I've never actually read it myself, so I can't promise to lead it, but I've seen it recommended as a standout whodunit due to the atmosphere (it takes place in a hospital during World War II).

^^^^
For Rex Stout, I've seen The League of Frightened Men recommended as one of the best Nero Wolfe books. Never read him, myself.

• Locked thread