Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ffffuck yeah RE4 is so good i bought it 3 times (GC, Wii, XBLA)

Fellis posted:

Protips:

Use Red9, or blacktail if you are gay (its ok)
Skip TMP
There is a Broken butterfly 4 free
Save Rpg for the right hand

good tips. you can also use the RPG for the two garradors just after the castle clock tower. then you can freeze+magnum the right hand dude to death.

Fellis posted:

Skip tactical shotgun, wait for striker

i'm sorry but the tactical shotgun rules and the striker sucks hth

Fellis posted:

Skip semi-auto sniper if you are tru hardcore gamer

this except do it regardless of how hc you are because the bolt-action rifle is the best weapon in the game

Fellis posted:

Carry the bass (L) as far as loving possible into the game for a cool secret

wait what's this?

Fellis posted:

Probably more but i havent played re4 in so long, is the steam version ok?

Shoot knees and suplex for easy kill
Flash grenades kill exposed parasites
Save dog

IDK about the steam version. I think when the PC version first came out it had a lot of issues (including no mouse-look lmao) that are probably fixed by now. XBLA version owns though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nanomashoes posted:

did anyone ever buy the riot shotgun?
what was its point?

oh right i forgot it was called this and not a "tactical shotgun."

i buy it, every time, and it's better than both the standard sg and the striker :colbert:. the point of it is to reduce spread, which I guess defeats the purpose of a shotgun in a way, but it's really good at doing a lot of damage AND knockback at even medium range.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wormskull posted:

Resident Evil sucks huge nads up until RE4 and then it started to own bones OP, and I'm NOT making this up.

here let me fix that for you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ragg posted:

It'z kinda boring op.

Ragg, you're small time :owned:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lewie posted:

RE4 is the best, but RE5 is pretty okay too.

RE5 co-op owns. Longbow is the best weapon. Also there are airboats that make me feel like i'm burt reynolds in Gator.

Was kinda disappointed in RE6 co-op but I enjoyed the SP campaigns.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

also gently caress anyone who doesn't think RE4 has the best ending ever

:blush:: "So after we get back to my place, how about we do some, um, overtime?"
:cool:: "Heh, sorry." *rides jetski into sunset*

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Coolguye posted:

If you dont love the sherry and Jake campaign you just don't have a soul

This but Leon's is good too

chris' campaign on the other hand is only notable for having the best-rendered steak dinner in all of video games

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

StandardVC10 posted:

it's like looney tunes

Lol someone shop it so he holds up a comically small wooden sign that says "help"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lmao holy gently caress

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jon Joe posted:

the sequel to RE4 is Dead Space; both are really good games

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Contra Calculus posted:

I actually have a question I need help answering, gamers: is RE4 a great game or is it the greatest game?

I like it so much that I bought it three times and would have bought it more times if I had a PS2 and a decent PC

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Doctor Goat posted:

bring back my attache case.

here's how long it should take someone to understand how to navigate an inventory menu, of all things: 0 seconds

here's how long it took me to understand how to navigate the inventory menu in re6: longer than that

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fellis posted:

I have killed one with a knife before, there is a context action to run up his back and slash it.

You can only dunk one. If you don't dunk either you get more cash though!!!

:eng101: actually if you leave and reenter the room after dunking one the loot appears right in the center of the trap door

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pomp posted:

this bug is fixed in all post-gamecube versions. :eng99:

what t he gently caress is this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah it happened to me once when one of Salazar's goons hit Leon with a flail and knocked him down in such a way that his head landed between her ankles.

• Locked thread