Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Protips:

Use Red9, or blacktail if you are gay (its ok)
Skip TMP
Skip tactical shotgun, wait for striker
Skip semi-auto sniper if you are tru hardcore gamer
There is a Broken butterfly 4 free
Save Rpg for the right hand
Carry the bass (L) as far as loving possible into the game for a cool secret

Probably more but i havent played re4 in so long, is the steam version ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

JethroMcB posted:

if you fully upgrade it TMP turns into a beast, you can just kind of sweep it over a row of enemies at roughly head height for full auto headshots. it's a blast to use on new game+

I don't think its a bad weapon upgraded, it just isn't good enough early to dedicate money and inventory space to and buying it just makes its terrible ammo drop more. It has great dps which is good for bosses

The bolt action is 10000x sexier than dumb semi auto rifle. The fish thing is just comedy

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Skip everything and suplex poor people all day.

This basically, guns are just for kneecapping so you can suplex into knife slash

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

oh right ok. i'm really stupid and got confused and thought you meant skip the bolt action one.

idk what the fish is for

You can kill lots of fish at the lake and some in the castle, the small ones are 1x3 spaces and heal 2/3. The big one is a full heal but takes up like 2x5 spaces lol

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Really? I don't remember finding any fish in the castle. Despite the fact that like 2/3 of the castle's rooms had huge fountains and/or pools in them.

There are some in a pool during the bug monster segment after you lose ashley to the incredibly obvious trap

Doctor Goat posted:

the tmp is for kneecapping 50 dudes a clip and for sequence breaking

didn't know about the sequence breaks, GC only lame

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Everything I am reading says you can only dunk one?

Are these FAQs misleading me

Someone said they killed him with a knife but I think it's literally impossible (no way to reach virus thing in his back)

I have killed one with a knife before, there is a context action to run up his back and slash it.

You can only dunk one. If you don't dunk either you get more cash though!!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I am using the shotgun (leveled up to level 9 for firepower), the TMP, the handgun, the punisher, the mine throwing thing, and the rifle. I have been looking for the loving blue cat's eye for a goddamn week so I can sell the chalice for mucho dinero. Only got red and green so I don't have the broken butterfly or the riot gun or anything yet (but I got the big rear end suitcase now). I was so pissed I found the free rocket launcher after defeating that machine gun boss but I coudlnt take it with me and there's no way to go back now that i got a bigger suitcase

there is so much fail here i don't even know where to begin. you missed a free broken butterfly, don't use the mine layer, the punisher is also bad, i think you missed the blue cat's eye also

Mak0rz posted:

:eng101: actually if you leave and reenter the room after dunking one the loot appears right in the center of the trap door

I've tried that and it didn't work, do you have to leave mid fight? I only played through on PS2 and whatever version was on PS3

Fellis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 27, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

tmp still a bad gun that takes up vital space that should be used for Black Bass (L) storage

i guess its good for shooting kneecaps but anything else is pants on head retarded

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Do I get to go back to the room with the giant hive after the two gigantic ogres battle that I am failing so miserably at? If not, I'll just sell the drat thing with only red and green cat's eyes.

My plan according to this thread is to sell the TMP and buy a broken butterfly (since I missed the free one apparently :argh: ). I am keeping the mine-thrower though!

I spent most of my money upgrading my weapons instead of buying new ones lmao

I'd keep the tmp if you've upgraded it, it really isn't bad, I just don't like it. I don't remember how far you can backtrack from double gigantes, i think you might be screwed :(

Money should be spent upgrading, but some weapons are really good and worth replacing your old one like the striker. You can just save the best stuff for your professional run , stay the course goon sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

The killer 7 is only good for a second playthrough when you have money out the rear end and can upgrade capacity for free reloads and just magdump bosses. Dont waste your mag ammo pickups on it tho

• Locked thread