Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

ben kuchera is our misfortune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

"no one cares about sales. they care about profits."

i don't get this statement. aren't profits entirely dependent on sales?

not 100% entirely because you have sticky things like profit margins and price expectations on different platforms but yeah selling more games is more profit. you could make an argument that being timed exclusive isnt a bad thing from the publisher perspective (anyone who is going to buy the game will buy it after whatever delay is available anyway, there will be double dippers, they get money/perks from microsoft for doing it) but he is probably not making that argument so

Dec 26, 2012

the conclusion to draw is that ben kuchera is somehow making money off this, despite being as demonstrably terrible at his stated job as possible, because his actual job is to get chucklefucks to visit the site he spews his dumb opinions on. do not give polygon hits. thanks

Dec 26, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

Also can we just have a dedicated Games Journalism Making Me Lol Thread? I like to know the stupid poo poo games writers do but I'm not willing to actually follow any of them except Giant Bomb

start one if you think you can make one thats actually funny instead of abject garbage like every other similar thread on this forum

• Locked thread