Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

this_is_hard posted:

he's probably the greatest living American author OP, hth

Pyncho still alive but it's close. I'd say Suttree or Gravity's rainbow toss up for my favorite books.

naem posted:

I sure am a drunk guy living on a boat during the depression, her are some masterfully woven descriptions of how bad everything sucks like a whole bunch, OH GOD IT HURTS MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP

it takes place in the 50s you loving tard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
the best thing about mccarthy is aftyer you've read most of his poo poo you realize just how much of a drug user he used to be.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

I've read Infinite Jest the whole way through so that's how strong my lit game is before you decide to step.

DFW is hanging out in heaven with Robin Williams now, god bless

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My autobiography

c-c-cormac?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kirk Johnson posted:

It's a testament to the utter wankery of modern literary criticism that Pynchon said he can barely remember writing any of that horseshit because he was so completely off his tits on drugs and yet people will still queue up to laud it.

hmm. indeed.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fishy Joe posted:

hola amigos mi nombre es jeff

incomprehensible

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

His real name isn't even cormac. It's Charles.

friends call him chuck

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
for real thoughs cormac loving loves drugs

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
remember that part in the road where they come across robin williams dangling corpse? ufucking prescient man

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Breaking news: Judge holden motherfucking LOVES star trek

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
pretty sure the judge was a big gay queer

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

genghis.khan posted:

hahsaha that is so bitchin' rad dude !!

gently caress you too

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
james franco is historys greatest monster

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i loving hate james franco

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would watch Lars Von Trier do Blood Meridian

blood meridian gets so loving weird at the end that its almost like an alejandro jodordowsky film

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

ffffffffuuuuccccckkkkk

FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

is this a good gently caress or a bad gently caress i need to know

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
franco is a loving fool if he wants to make blood meridian into a film. the mpaa would tear him a new rear end in a top hat. he needs to take his loving hands off of good poo poo and stick to shoving them up his rear end in a top hat. Make it an HBO mini if you want to do it. Goddamn.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
seriously you have an enormous giant albino infant getting lead along by a nude retard on a tether while shielding himself from the sun with a parasol made of hide, ribbed with animal bones with a leg for a handle. its loving bonkers. also he fires a cannon like he's a loving terminator or something.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
my plan for adapting bm was as an hbo series of an undetermined number of 1 hour parts that neither added nor removed the dialogue from the book and would try to make the scenes as faithful as possible, with only two voiceovers for the very first and very last scenes. it would feature a carousel of different top notch directors to show in their unique styles a common vision. talking Coens, Malick, Jodordowsky. Filmed on location and lit as naturally as possible barring the night scenes, practical effects and diegetic music only, no subtitles. I know the chapter of tobin talking about how he met the judge would itself be a single episode.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

The road is more upbeat than you think because giant squid are still alive in it

wait what

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Borneo Jimmy posted:

At lease you guys are honest that the appeal of McCarthy is that he writes arty genre fiction and so he can get away with prose that would get you laughed out of a creative writing class.

nothing can get you laughed out of a creative writing class lol.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Shonuff posted:

More people should read Child of God. The main character is a hilariously gross and demented fuckup, he's basically a proto-Goon.

actually touches women, no way a goon.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
judge holden never once moderated an SA forum. but woudl he have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

Moderator Holden viewed all the funny posts, made note of them and then gassed the threads and banned the posters for low content. - gbs 2010-2013

holden could have never been a mod because he got away with it

• Locked thread