Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

someone on SA said earlier and i agree completely that you can tell the parts Pratchett wrote and the parts Gaiman wrote because the Pratchett parts are funny and clever and the Gaiman parts are boring and suck poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are you talking about, Gaiman's portions were amazing, the Four Horsemen were extremely clever and interesting. Remember how the one ran a diet company, and the other was Looten Plunder from Captain Planet?

no death was extremely clever and interesting, the other three were boring poo poo. death being, of course, pratchett's character

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

You mean the version of Death that clearly borrowed from Pratchett rather than Gaiman?

well yeah that's my point, pratchett good, gaiman bad

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Gaiman always reads like an idea man, who then inexpertly tries to turn a gimmick idea into a book.

"Hey, like what if I took pagan gods, but made them more American?"
*Writes out an ending chapter and a couple interludes on this premise*
*Shits out 20 chapters of stream-of-conciousness with nothing happening*

in other words he's a genre fic writer

• Locked thread