Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Wish I could go back to when my grandma was alive. We just have a box with her recipes in it, maybe I should scan them all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Oracle posted:

People actually took typing courses as part of high school back in the day, and many many women worked as typists. Its not that hard if you've been doing it for years.

Plot twist: Daisy wheel printer and Wordstar

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I finally got some time to get over to my mom's house and go through my grandma's old recipe box. I had to sort through all the church cookbook poo poo and Campbell's recipes, and I pulled out the things I remember eating at her house. There weren't any recipes for any of her regular dishes though, which doesn't surprise me.

So here are some basic cookie/pie recipes. The white bread, brown bread (the kind that you make in a can) and pecan pie would be my favorites. I remember my grandpa eating like 8 peanut butter or molasses cookies almost every day with a huge glass of milk. And she would make 3 loaves of white bread every loving day, half for lunches and half for dinner. Cinnamon roll recipe nowhere to be found but it's basically the same as the bread, just with cinnamon goop and rolled up into a pan.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Butch Cassidy posted:

E: Made the brown bread with an added ~1/2 cup of raisins tossed with the dry ingredients before adding milk and molasses to keep them from sinking. It's a pretty decent recipe, but I will work some spices into it next time and add some baking soda and sub buttermilk for at least some of the regular.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/kK7nLYn.jpg[/timg
:argh: You're supposed to use a can!

• Locked thread