Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

loving everything except for sweet foods

E: Btw cholula and sriracha are the weakest "hot" sauces you can buy.

E2: they still taste amazing.

Hot sauce isn't really about hotness but rather taste. The hot thing is a very white phenomenon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Millie posted:

Sriracha can piss off because of this amazing poo poo:

Also gently caress Cholula. Tapatio is better.

Which trendy blog did you pick this up from, or did you get your dumb opinion from our very own GWS?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

woah I like this stuff too, it's great, and I've rarely gone into GWS.

chill out bro

It's literally an image of "garlic chili" made by the exact same company that made sriracha popular. It's called Sambal Oelek in every place that it is used natively. It's Sambal Oelek for white people that want to be distance themselves from the "sriracha craze" while eating the same poo poo.

a bone to pick posted:

E: And i'm white.
No poo poo?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Cream_Filling posted:

wrong, sambal oelek is straight chilies with no garlic, that picutre is of some sort of chili-garlic sauce (which prob isnt as good)

I know, thus "It's Sambal Oelek for white people that want to be distance themselves from the "sriracha craze" while eating the same poo poo.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

alright alright gas this thread before it gets any worse holy poo poo

Maybe stop clicking on it if it is effecting you that much you pussy bitch.

Cream_Filling posted:

also to all the hipper than thou dicks who bad-mouth tabasco, that poo poo is made via fermentation and is aged in wine barrels and for a year or something. its actually far more 'artisanial' than most bullshit hot sauces made by mixing chili powder and vinegar in some contract factory

This is a correct opinion. Tabasco is the poo poo. No contenders.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Christmas Miracle posted:

this is the frank's red hot of hot sauce threads

It's good on wings and tomato juice? I don't really get your comment.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Kelfeftaf posted:

if you're fat and you're eating pizza with hot sauce on it, please stop

Why? Spicy foods are usually eaten slower. Putting hot sauce on everything you eat as a fat person might actually lead to weight loss. (Unless you're Mexican because they put manteca in every loving thing.)

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lol and you call other posters spergers

Did I hurt your feelings in some other thread I don't care enough about to recall?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

sambal or chili garlic sauce is amazing in ramen either real ramen or instant

It's great until you live near a store that carries Laoganma spicy chili crisp. It's got like peanuts and a bunch of kickass chili spices plus some msg for the non pussies.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

I've been meaning to try that after my chili garlic sauce runs out.

You should. I used to use it only when I made Chinese dishes, but I added a droplet to a bowl of Campbell's Tomato soup and it was loving phenomenal.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Benedick Cuckold posted:

this thread is already over then, because someone already said "everything"

Not really. It is well established that tabasco can kick a bland gumbo into overdrive, but a dash of tapatio would not have the same results.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hot Jam posted:

One time I cut up a bunch of fresh home-grown serrano peppers for something or other and then I sat down and got into an intense Diablo 3 session playing Hardcore. At some point I scratched my dork and a few minutes later I was in a terrible position as my dick was burning to an extreme degree but I was in the middle of an inescapable situation in D3 and in danger of losing my hardcore character if I split to address my pepper-dick problem. I'm going to leave this story with that cliffhanger.

I once planted some poblanos next to some habaneros and holy gently caress, I couldn't even eat one of the chile rellenos I made with them because they were so hot.

They were perfect in texture and flavor, but 2 seconds after biting one you were making a dash for the gallon milk carton.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 15, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Double post, embarrassing...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Millie posted:

I've never been to GWS. I did live between little mexico & little asia for a number of years so, without a car, my groceries were from there. maybe I should write a blog about discovering herdez salsa and bee & flower soap.

Maybe you should write a blog talking about your experiences being a white person exploring ethnic culture.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Millie posted:

maybe you should bitch about my cultural appropriation on tumblr.

I'm doing that here; why would I do it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

I add jalapenos to everything, eat a dick hot sauce.

Tex-mex is pretty bad. We know.

• Locked thread