Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There's also Flechette Cannons, and something called a "Mangler" Cannon. I want oh so desperately to know what those do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a nicer shot of the wave 1 ships I can use for the OP? The one we've got is fine...but it really stands out compared to the fun formation-over-space-feature pics of the other waves.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Have they revealed what that "7" upgrade icon is?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm considering repainting my Firespray for kicks and so it stands out better. Has anyone who's repainted stuff had issues with just undercoating straight onto the mini and painting over?

Yes. I prefer painting straight on top of the factory paint. Undercoating is fine but I feel it is easy to make the coating too thick and obscure the paneling grooves.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's an "Illicit" upgrade, something illegal on most ships but that scum and villains have no qualms about using.

We have no current Illicit upgrade cards.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's the symbol for credits, by the way.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Strobe posted:

It's an "Illicit" upgrade, something illegal on most ships but that scum and villains have no qualms about using.

We have no current Illicit upgrade cards.

Cool, thanks. It makes S&V sound like street racers from a F&F movie.

Darksaber posted:

That's the symbol for credits, by the way.

Neat.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:siren:Those Z-95s have a 1 skill pilot. 11 point Z-95s ahead. Nine ship lists imminent.:siren:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:siren:X-Wing National Finals!:siren:

:psyboom:2 motherfucking Falcons vs Whisper, Captain Yorr(!) & Soontir Fel:psyboom:

My worldview... has changed.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Carteret posted:

:psyboom:2 motherfucking Falcons vs Whisper, Captain Yorr(!) & Soontir Fel:psyboom:

The Falcon player is one of the three that beat me all weekend. His build is SUPER tanky. I ran Chewie with Predator and Falcon title, and Lando with Predator, Gunner, and Nien Nunb. Took 12th out of 170+ :)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

pbpancho posted:

The Falcon player is one of the three that beat me all weekend. His build is SUPER tanky. I ran Chewie with Predator and Falcon title, and Lando with Predator, Gunner, and Nien Nunb. Took 12th out of 170+ :)

Nice job!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Grats dude! That's a respectible finish. 90th percentile :)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Imperial player plays at my store. He's a great guy and a great player. He plays a LOT.

He can pretty much win with Whisper, Yorr is a red herring

alg fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 17, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Imperial player plays at my store. He's a great guy and a great player. He plays a LOT.

I wish I could play with you guys more :smithicide:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So it's great they're coming out with so much stuff for this great game, but maybe they ought to come out with Rebel Aces first and do one thing at a time.

I just want Rebel Aces to come out already :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So it's great they're coming out with so much stuff for this great game, but maybe they ought to come out with Rebel Aces first and do one thing at a time.

I just want Rebel Aces to come out already :(

It's not like wave 5 and 6 have delayed Rebel Aces at all. If I recall, RA is on the boat already. It's done, developed, manufactured, and is being shipped back to the states.

This is the stuff coming out after RA, not preempting it.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

alg posted:

Yep, he won! Whisper, Yorr, and Soontir! The Falcon list has no way to ensure hits on Soontir and Whisper really. No gunners!

4 of us from MN made the trip and went 7th, 8th, 12th, and 15th, so that was pretty cool. Incredible competition in pretty much every game. And and awesome blend of metas!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

jivjov posted:

It's not like wave 5 and 6 have delayed Rebel Aces at all. If I recall, RA is on the boat already. It's done, developed, manufactured, and is being shipped back to the states.

This is the stuff coming out after RA, not preempting it.

Shipping hell, they've already been released at GenCon. Sold out quick too, but not before I was able to grab one. :D

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Shipping hell, they've already been released at GenCon. Sold out quick too, but not before I was able to grab one. :D

Any surprises? Or do we already know everything in there?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Man, I hope we get Hound's Tooth and Punishing One in the next wave after these ones.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Devlan Mud posted:

Man, I hope we get Hound's Tooth and Punishing One in the next wave after these ones.

I'd put money on one or both being in Wave 7. Makes me think though..,with 3 factions now, think we'll get more ships per wave in the future? Or still 4 ships with an asymmetrical distribution between the factions?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Carteret posted:

Double Falcons are gayer than Phantoms, the amount of frustration long-time Rebel players direct at me for using a Phantom really is offset by how obnoxious the Falcon is.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
anytime, brah

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I just noticed that the StarViper comes with seven ion tokens :stare:

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Caddrel posted:

I just noticed that the StarViper comes with seven ion tokens :stare:

I see it has ion torpedoes, so it looks like they are being generous as to how many ships you can fit in range 1 lol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That ship is going to be awkward to store in my current setup :gonk:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh man, I almost forgot. If anyone's still at GenCon, there is a booth near WizKids that is selling Tantivs for $50. I couldn't resist that deal.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Yes. I prefer painting straight on top of the factory paint. Undercoating is fine but I feel it is easy to make the coating too thick and obscure the paneling grooves.

Thanks, it's stuff like this I wanted to know. It'd be easier for me to spray on the basecoat though, since I plan on painting it white - have you had any experience using an airbrush?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
So for the more math - inclined goons out there: what does the Accuracy Corrector mean for shot statistics? Is there a scenario when making a shot normally makes sense?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

SageNytell posted:

So for the more math - inclined goons out there: what does the Accuracy Corrector mean for shot statistics? Is there a scenario when making a shot normally makes sense?

Some sperg did it on the FFG forums but basically it's of questionable use on ships which have the Systems Upgrade slot, only because they all have 3 attack anyway. It would be mega good on a two attack ship, however. The dude on the forum also speculated that it might be good on the Shuttle, there was another ship he thought it might be good on but I don't usually care for that anyway.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

SageNytell posted:

I feel like it could be useful on ships that have actions to take other than focus/target lock as well.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

alg posted:

Do you happen to play in the Triangle area? That list is one a guy here runs, and it sorts looks like him, but I can't tell from the back like that for certain.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So what I'm hearing is that lord vader desperately needs a systems slot so he can keep barrel rolling and passing out candy to his friends.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks, it's stuff like this I wanted to know. It'd be easier for me to spray on the basecoat though, since I plan on painting it white - have you had any experience using an airbrush?

I've had some but never with primer. I prefer brushing on the primer and I feel even the Vallejo brush-on primer had to be watered down to make it thin enough to not obscure anything. I used black primer - I don't know the white primer's characteristics.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Just saw the news report about scum on FFG. It's really annoying that the y-wing has extra cards to cover at least one extra model but the z-95s do not. Might have to do a bit of trading with people who buy the scum set and don't have the original z-95 cards.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SageNytell posted:

Does canceling dice results count as modifying dice? If so, it could be interesting with an ion cannon.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Strobe posted:

There's also Flechette Cannons, and something called a "Mangler" Cannon. I want oh so desperately to know what those do.

Perhaps a turret analogue to the flechette torpedoes? Spew stress all over the place.

…and so the Falcon vs. Phantom wars continue. :D

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I want the Mangler Cannon to eliminate the unique pilot talent/EPT of any pilot it deals a damage card to.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The Gate posted:

Do you happen to play in the Triangle area? That list is one a guy here runs, and it sorts looks like him, but I can't tell from the back like that for certain.

Ya, I play at Gamer's Armory. Stairs, etc.

edit: good interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrNf_Y4KfA

alg fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Leo Showers posted:

Some sperg did it on the FFG forums but basically it's of questionable use on ships which have the Systems Upgrade slot, only because they all have 3 attack anyway. It would be mega good on a two attack ship, however. The dude on the forum also speculated that it might be good on the Shuttle, there was another ship he thought it might be good on but I don't usually care for that anyway.

The HWK would love it, makes it a lot less useless since it's one dice becomes two hits for 3 points. Might actually start seeing HWKs once S&V is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

HWK-290 can't use Systems Upgrades.

• Locked thread