Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Adumar, sure, but I thought Corran or Tycho was considered the better pilot for much of the series?

Well Corran turned out to be a Jedi, so it's not a fair comparison. I always figured Tycho wasn't a better pilot necessarily but was completely unflappable, which made a lot of people underestimate him.

Of course if we go purely by the movies Wedge has maybe four kills including a Death Star (split with Lando, natch), and Poe has about twenty plus all of Starkiller base. Corran and Tycho don't exist.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

OFFICIAL MOST POWERFUL POWER RANKINGS
Pilot Hotness

1) Poe Dameron
2) Han Solo
3) ANH Luke Skywalker

POWER GAP

4) Rey
5) Jess Pava
6) Lando Calrissian
7) Snap Wexley
8) Garven Dreis
9) Wedge Antilles

POWER GAP

9) Chewbacca
9000) Ello Asty
9001) Darth Vader

Dude lol if 1980 Billy Dee Williams isn't at the top of this list.

Although I guess winning smiles are just Legends now. :(

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRmTKuEAG4

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Started playing this game a few weeks ago and it owns. Quick rules clarification though.

My opponent has no shields and three hull left, and after evades have been accounted for, I scored two hits and a critical hit. My opponent takes two facedown damage cards and one face-up (the critical effect was something along the lines of "your rudder is shot out; all 90-degree turns count as red maneuvers for you"). The face-up card did not mention anything about being flipped over, which we agreed would count as the third piece of damage and kill him if that happened.

Were we completely wrong and should he have been destroyed outright? This rule seems fairly obvious:

quote:

If a ship has a number of Damage cards equal to its hull value, it is destroyed.

But this one seemed to imply that that faceup card, unless it specifically says it deals damage, does no damage.

quote:

If a Damage card is flipped faceup, it is not treated as being dealt. Flipping a Damage card faceup does not trigger abilities related to dealing a Damage card.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

canyoneer posted:

No, damage cards are always damage.

The second thing you quoted refers to certain upgrades that will flip already dealt cards(pilot ability for TIE defender pilot Rexler Brath as an example)

Ah, gotcha. Time for a rematch then: we also didn't realize that you need two ion tokens for a large ship to suffer actual ionization, which caused my loaded-up Rey to fly directly off the game board. :argh:

Thanks for the help, guys!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Ah, gotcha. Time for a rematch then: we also didn't realize that you need two ion tokens for a large ship to suffer actual ionization, which caused my loaded-up Rey to fly directly off the game board. :argh:

Thanks for the help, guys!

Had the rematch: came, saw, conquered.

We had another question though: My Falcon had Rey, Finn, and a gunner. If I completely miss my first attack, and the gunner lets me shoot again, am I correct that the second shot still gets Rey and Finn's bonuses? They poo poo all over Night Beast, because the first attack stripped his evade and focus and the gunner could let them immediately follow up immediately on a defenseless target. Dark Curse was annoying as gently caress though because I couldn't reroll anything.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Correct. Unless an ability says "once per round/game/attack" or similar, you get it on every attack. Just keep in mind that some upgrades, like Finn, only work on primary weapons. He wouldn't do any good on a ship using a turret secondary (like Twin Laser Turret) or a cannon (like Heavy Laser Cannon).

Awesome, thanks. Is Finn any good with pilots other than Rey? Their abilities synergize so freaking well.

Thinking about it more, it's a really cool abstraction of that scene on Jakku: Finn's gun is jammed (roll a blank) but Rey swings the Falcon around juuuust right for him to dunk on the TIEs (roll that blank).

EDIT: Anything with Target Lock, I guess.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 22, 2018

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

He can go well with the old Han (not Heroes of the Resistance)

Shouldn't the HotR one be Old Han?

I kid, I kid

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm disappointed we never got a Rogue One pack with X-wing and Y-wing stuff. No, I don't care that Rebels got a pack with the previous movie.

I'm kinda hoping for a Rebel Aces 2.0 with a Blue Squadron X-wing and some sort of E-wing. Throw in General Mustache from Rogue One and few cards to make non-Corran E-wings worth using,

There's still no shortage of old EU pilots to fish around for. I bet they could think up some cool, weird abilities for some of the Wraith Squadron guys, for example.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Does anyone know of any cool X-wing groups in the Boston area? I've been looking around Meetup, Facebook, and a couple of local game shop's websites, but I can't find anything that isn't a couple of years old.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 26, 2018

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

quote is not edit

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

ro5s posted:

I for one embrace the coming confusion of old middle Han Solo, middle old Han Solo and new young Han Solo.

haha loving hell that took me a while to figure out. At least maybe they'll add a new Chewbacca crew card worth using?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

theironjef posted:

The Reaper's small base looks hilarious next to the U-Wing's large one.

Yeah, I get why the U-wing has a large base despite not being all that big, but why the hell does the Reaper have a small base? :psyduck:

Looks pretty cool otherwise though, but I guess I'll keep holding my breath for an E-wing fix. :sigh:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd like to see more new ships interact with the subfactions.

Me too, I like how it encourages all-Rebel or all-Resistance lists. The spergy part of me gets a little annoyed when, say, Rey's hanging out in a ship with someone who died before she was even born.

Anyway, now that a T-65/E-wing Rebel Veterans is in all likelihood never happening, any ideas for an E-wing buddy they could include in a two-pack to fix my favorite Corranmobile? An E-wing/K-wing "New Republic Aces" pack would be cool and thematic, but it's not like the K-wing needs any help right now.

EDIT: I guess they could throw one in a Hammerhead epic, but a Blue Squadron T-65 would make more sense and I'd rather not drop a hundred bucks anyway. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Strobe posted:

Kansas City's not-a-real-Regional tournament was today, and I took that triple T-70 list ConfusedUs linked a while back.

Mind reposting the list? Triple T-70s are some of my favorite squads but ConfusedUs has 59 pages of posts to look through :stare:

• Locked thread