Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

OKAY SO I haven't watched Naruto in literally years but watching this has awakened my inner 13 year old and I have to talk about a couple of things that happened in this video.

Okay, so first thing, the huge fuckoff pole you were beating the poo poo out of Kyuubi is literally Goku. The third Hokage signed a contract with the monkey king and can summon him, and then he turns into the Power Pole and the Third Hokage beats the poo poo out of people with it. In the actual animé you only see this once because the third dies at the end of the second (third?) arc.

Second, the huge fox thing is one of the nine tailed beasts, and the strongest because he has the most tails. He was bound to the dude in the mask (who the game has already named despite the fact that his true identity was supposed to be, like, THE twist of the series, and I'm pretty sure the english translation of the anime hasn't even gotten that far yet.) Narudad, who is the fourth Hokage, which literally means fire shadow because for some reason the hidden LEAF village is the fire elemental ninja village. Anyway, Narudad unbound him from that Madara dude and (spoiler I guess is gonna bind him to Naruto, with the fact that Naruto is shunned and mistreated due to having the demon in him being one of the hugest elements of the early series.) Also originally Narudad was just supposed to be so fast that it was like he could teleport, but it's been retconned to teleport magic.

Third, the masked dude isn't actually using the same kind of ninja magic to teleport. Basically, he has a weird eye that can see so well that it gives him photographic memory and the ability to bend time and space. It's called the Sharingan, and it was the werd red spinning eye bullshit.

I'm sure I'll have way more to say later, but maybe not depending on how far forward it skips after this. I only watched the first arc and a half of the second series before I got bored and stopped, and that was like 6 years ago.

Sure, I'll shoot: Does Hinata ever do anything useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Ramos posted:

There was a filler arc where she beat the main bad guy? Also she (almost) dies after admitting her feelings to Naruto, which inspires him to go batshit and release the demon further than he ever had before then or something and just straight flatten the guy they were fighting.

So no, not as far as I know.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's been awhile since I stopped reading it though I am pretty sure the answer is no. She almost died one time as motivation though!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ramos posted:

:letsplay:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

There was a filler arc where she beat the main bad guy? Also she (almost) dies after admitting her feelings to Naruto, which inspires him to go batshit and release the demon further than he ever had before then or something and just straight flatten the guy they were fighting.

So no, not as far as I know.

sirtommygunn posted:

It's been awhile since I stopped reading it though I am pretty sure the answer is no. She almost died one time as motivation though!

No regrets on my end then!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

btw, you know how at the start he hits the ninetales with a stick?

that stick is actually a monkey, which means if it ever gets cut in half, its actually a log

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Long live anime

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait seriously when did Slowbeef become a smiley

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wait seriously when did Slowbeef become a smiley

He's always been a pretty happy guy

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I also regret nothing.

:brnsndcstl:

[Edit] :ocelot::letsplay: :ocelot::brnsndcstl:

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 16, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Need a Gamingo smiley now.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Confirmed Pins is Kakashi.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Are we preparing for the integration of Twitch.tv into the LP forum?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:letsplay:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
:letsplay::brnsndcstl::peanut::arnie::wms::freakfuta::ralp::vapes::kheldragar::aatrek::axe::livintrope::notch::homebrew: i can't think of any more

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Knock it off, eh?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Putty posted:

:letsplay::brnsndcstl::peanut::arnie::wms::freakfuta::ralp::vapes::kheldragar::aatrek::axe::livintrope::notch::homebrew: i can't think of any more

:sterv: goon sir

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
What's happening?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yo, the OP asked for no more low-content post crap. Stop it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Still my favorite vanity smiley because I made it and then Kheldragar bought it with her name on it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

My blood is boiling.

Geop posted:

Yo, the OP asked for no more low-content post crap. Stop it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Okay, so first thing, the huge fuckoff pole you were beating the poo poo out of Kyuubi is literally Goku. The third Hokage signed a contract with the monkey king and can summon him, and then he turns into the Power Pole and the Third Hokage beats the poo poo out of people with it. In the actual animé you only see this once because the third dies at the end of the second (third?) arc.

I love how the official explanation for what the pole was manages to be more insane than the chatter during the LP over how this guy was pulling a random telephone pole out of nowhere and beating a giant fox with it.

This is truly one of those things where I feel like I now know even less having heard a complete explanation about what happens than having simply watched the LP. When watching, I figured it was just some guy grabbing a convenient pole out of the wreckage of his village to smack a fox. Cool, whatever, it's a videogame.

Now it's apparently literally a monkey named Goku that transforms into a pole that the guy signed a contract with.

The official explanations for what's going on are only going to get more insane from here on out, aren't they?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo Naruto the anime is kinda crappy most of the time but I heard the games were pretty good and given what happens at 17:00 in the video I am not wrong.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think a big part of the insanity is that it's just dropping a bunch of poo poo on you assuming you already know about Naruto. The start of the anime is just "9-tails killed a bunch of dudes and then was put in this baby, now he's like 10 and is gonna be a ninja". Then, because Naruto is a dumbass, he needs every little concept of ninja life explained to him because he never payed attention in ninja school. You can easily follow along with the weird bullshit as it comes because it's always being explained to him for the first time.

If I'm remembering correctly, the first arc was relatively sane, but after that it rapidly escalates into weird bullshit non-stop.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It had a promising beginning, and then a bunch of non-beating-the-poo poo-out-of-enemy-ninja-people things happened in a row.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Yo Naruto the anime is kinda crappy most of the time but I heard the games were pretty good and given what happens at 17:00 in the video I am not wrong.

I will second the second half of this. Never seen the anime, so I can't comment. I have to say, one of the things that impressed me about the giant poke`mon thing was how its eyes tracked the player.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

OKAY SO I haven't watched Naruto in literally years but watching this has awakened my inner 13 year old and I have to talk about a couple of things that happened in this video.

And then they retconned it so that Son Goku is the name of one of the tailed beasts who is a Monkey, and his host is a dude named Roshi. Also the nine tails real name is loving Kurama

Like if you're not going to bother let's just name the other tailed beasts Lion-O, Heero Yuy, Sailor Moon, and Leonardo.

I loving hate this series and it's creator and everything they stand for, and only because I didn't stop reading Naruto because I loving hate myself.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

TCat posted:

I loving hate this series and it's creator and everything they stand for, and only because I didn't stop reading Naruto because I loving hate myself.

I stopped watching this after the ENTIRE loving YEAR+ of filler they aired before getting on to Shippuden. Seriously, don't do that. After that, I just went on the internet every 2 months for a synopsis of what's going on. And the more I see that this series has no intention of letting Naruto be with someone who has always cared about him as a person, the less I care about this series.

Oh, and the last time I played a Naruto game? It was one of them Wii games where you had to shake the wiimote to hit dudes and power up attacks, as well as having all the characters have fish-eyes. That was hella hosed up. Just, Sakura, on the menu screen, lips flapping but no emoting, all them textures looking bad up close, and the fish-eyes. No more Naruto since.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
After seeing Metal Naruto Rising: Believengeance, I can safely say this LP is worth following. Pins and co are just the icing on the cake.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Last time I saw Naruto a friend showed it to me. There was a fight where one ninja could turn intangible for 10 minutes at a time, so the other guy's strategy was just to cause enough explosions to blow everything the gently caress up for 11 straight minutes. It sounded both really cool and really retarded

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It got more retarded. The first guy got killed, but then used his special power that let him basically say "no you didn't".

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

sharktamer posted:

It got more retarded. The first guy got killed, but then used his special power that let him basically say "no you didn't".

So... exactly like most high powered shonen fight stuff? I mean, hey ho, sounds like Dragon Ball Z.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Which bad guy are we talking about because that poo poo happens a lot.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sharktamer posted:

did he turn into a log

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
It really is nice to wake up to see people on the internet be really loving stupid.

I was doing this to have fun but some of you fuckers are really making me want to just say gently caress it already.

Good loving job. Some of you just can't help but try to ruin other people fun, Can you?

Now, can we all just be loving happy and have fun instead of all the dumb poo poo from now on?

Let's have some loving fun instead.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Congrats on the log meme guys.

ThunderousMan
Apr 4, 2011

I say RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
For some dumb reason I always seem to enjoy most of Naruto games just not the anime. :iiam:

Relating to the fighting games, my friend who likes the series a lot showed me this game and proceeded to beat my poo poo in for an hour straight.
Then I figured out how to guard and lock him down with Dynamic Entries which pissed him off to the point of not playing anymore.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Alright i actually have a request. Please attempt to educate me about this hentai while using real people words n poo poo. I am curious but don't want piles of anime words dropped on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThunderousMan
Apr 4, 2011

I say RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Pins posted:

Alright i actually have a request. Please attempt to educate me about this hentai while using real people words n poo poo. I am curious but don't want piles of anime words dropped on me.

The closest way I could explain it from my point of view would be that it's just another fetish that some people enjoy?

Like some people really like feet, others like being beaten half to death, and some like to see anime characters in sex scenes.

It's just one of the more weirder fetishes to have imo.

• Locked thread