Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The special edition costs 90 bucks, forget it. And the subscriber base is sinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

its "sinking" to still like 5x as much as the next most popular mmo

wow is fine and will get another bump with warlords but yeah the boxed edition costing $90 is uncool

MMos as a whole are dying. Being top MMO is like being king of poo poo mountain. The fact that they're adding more grind poo poo in is showing just how bad it's become. They're not all that big into the fun aspect anymore. And it's really telling when the devs who left come out and say it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr. Pumroy posted:

*billions of dollars and millions of players* yup that's poo poo mountain deffos

They can't make a fun videogame out of all of those billions, that's sufficient reason for concern.

I mean StarCraft 2 is screwed beyond all means, Heroes of the Storm sucks big fat balls, Diablo 3 was ruined and then fixed and now it's slowly falling back into ruined category.

Honestly I feel Blizzard has burned out all their good will that they built up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Diablo 3 owns after that big change they did. How are they ruining D3?

They're now making seasons or whatever where you can only get specific legendaries for participating in seasons, much like how wow did their PVP thing except this is for PVE.

So you have to level up a fresh guy under the specific conditions and after the season is over you get ranked, you can't use a preexisting character. It's not that bad yet, but considering that slippery slopes have ruined their other games it's not out of the realms of possibilities.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 16, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

thuly posted:

god drat blizzard went full korean

They're still operating under the premises that the prestige of digital items really really really matter. Which was why they added all those grinds to WoW so those players who sunk nearly a decade into the game could feel some sense of self worth. Which in turn have become worse than Everquest grinds which was what WoW was about eliminating.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Falsum posted:

I won't because WoW is an awful game but I gotta say that trailer was pretty cool.

Yeah the trailer is really cool but you know playing an MMO w/o friends is an exercise in frustration. So I kinda wish they could have made a better game. Because Outside of completing quests(which they really have not changed to make them more interesting) you're pretty much up poo poo's creek late into the expansion with nothing to do. I kind of have the same issue with IOS games, where they have a bunch of amazing stuff but it's beneath layers upon layers of bullshit that's not really fun.

Like yeah they can make really great areas to explore and some raids had really good aesthetics, but then they make the quests a chore to do, add a bunch of different currencies that are only able to get a certain amount each day, and just limit what you can do. D3 did poo poo right, where you can go wherever you want solo or a full party and just smash things. The Skills for D3 are really easy to understand how they work and there's no need for meters or poo poo or extra mods. WoW should have become more like Diablo in the end, but they're too busy making sure that it's filled with archaic gameplay features. Like even Monster Hunter 3U and 4 threw out a ton of these features and they were better games for it.

But Devs were saying that this was either the last or next to last expansion since it's level 100. Dunno if they're holding to that now.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 16, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

thuly posted:

They said they were working on the expansion after warlords before they even announced warlords

There was something I heard too about expansions being released every 6 months, but that was before the buyout. But considering EQ is still going I doubt they're going to pull out anytime soon unless it's posing a threat to whatever their Titan thing is going to be.

Then again 800,000 people left the game last quarter
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-world-of-warcraft-admits-need-for-more-regular-expansions

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

IIRC the titan thing turned out to not be anything I thought.

Ah ok. I wonder if they're going to make another Diablo 3 expansion. I know StarCraft 2's is coming but after Heart of the Swarm, I dunno if I can get excited about it.

I mean I want to like Blizzard's stuff again I really do. But other than D3:ROS, everything recent they've done has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

Have fun with your nigh-unreadable mystified trash for clowns then, loser.

That's not what Destiny is.

• Locked thread