Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Option 2 You know baby I'm just not ready for a serious relationship now but maybe down the line...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Its been pointed out to me that the level system is different from 3.5, so '8 levels from now' is actually 'about 8 times our current XP'

Lets refine it and say, option 2 means: Athena comes back after Arc 5

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So is cyborg 2...the hybrid bits of the ship?

This is a really weird and tough choice...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As much as i want to go explore new areas, we have done a lot of crazy stuff on this planet, and god dammit we deserve to be rewarded for it. We have family members to kill and a Lord-sire whose job we might want. Also we have just only started to explore our future in the Adeptus Mechanicus, i expect we have a big promotion coming soon and cool new powers to go with it.

Ditch the ship, go with option 2

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
2, but if and only if we leave our number and promise to come back.

If we ditch the ship, exactly what are you expecting to get a promotion for?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

1 x x
2 x x x x x, x x x
3 x

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We can become Lord Sire and gain control of the Beast

The ship thats clearly missing other pieces of ships that were sold off. Holes that The Olympus can fill.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
IF we get to come back later I'm okay with #2. However! Can we at least ask for some rad ancient knowledge on our way out of the door?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Waci posted:

If we ditch the ship, exactly what are you expecting to get a promotion for?

For finding the ship, for going through lictors, bio titans and a tyranid invasion to get the Magos' data. Unless the Magos knew about all of this and planned for us to die here, we went out of our way to complete the mission, and performed legendary actions while doing it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

2, But Ohone should tell Athena that she will return once the ship is whole

Edit: Clearly Ohone needs to aim to be Lord Sire and a Magos, and also a secret Inquisitor.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 20, 2015

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Personally I'm going to go with Option 1, who cares about titles and rewards in a backwards society, when we can usher in a new Dark Golden Age of Technology?
Also, we'd be all like this

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
1 - I hate to make Lowell throw out all his planning, but this is too awesome.

If 2 wins, we better be able to transition to 1 when she returns.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Ralith posted:

1 - I hate to make Lowell throw out all his planning, but this is too awesome.

If 2 wins, we better be able to transition to 1 when she returns.

she's not going to be very friendly when she returns

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
That is the plan Ralith.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

1 buddy cop movies are the best!

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(

Let's marry a spaceship older than civilization.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

1 + 3 duhhhhh

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

1 x x x x x, x
2 x x x x x, x x x x x,
3 x
1/3 x

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Tell her she's beautiful as we leave. But let's obey for now - we just unleashed the tiger. Let's ride it later.

So, 2.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

We'll... we'll wait for you. :qq:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
2 + 3

When we become a badass ourself, fine let's get into some heresy. But now? Oh hell no.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Let's stick with the setting although Athena's return will be glorious!

Waci posted:

Note that she's from a far less grimdark period of time than the present, and the response to unknown civilians isn't necessarily destroy. You also have no reason to assume she's going to just attack Mars. Remember there were conditions to activating Lazarus protocol, namely being unable to find a successor to the Mars Federation. There is an extremely clear line of succession from the Federation to the Mechanicum to the Adeptus Mechanicus.

She comes from a period where AIs like her almost wiped out humanity and the Mars Federation was destroyed by the Cult. Sure it's not as grimdark now but they're definitely not benevolent. As others have pointed out, it's part of the reason why they're banned and straight out heresy.

Oasx posted:

For finding the ship, for going through lictors, bio titans and a tyranid invasion to get the Magos' data. Unless the Magos knew about all of this and planned for us to die here, we went out of our way to complete the mission, and performed legendary actions while doing it.

Most of which we can't really tell anyone about though but since the Tyranids were definitely related to whatever was happening on Athena, we can claim credit for single handedly saving the entire sector from a Xenos/Mechanicum conspiracy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
2 I want those fancy hats. :colbert:

Also

On the way out, info dump all information Ohone has on galactic threats, Chaos, 'Nids, Eldar, Necrons if she knows about them.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

CyBoRg OnE iS DePaRtInG
CyBoRg TwO iS DePaRtInG
CyBoRg OnE iS pRoPoSiNg FuTuRe AlLiAnCe
CyBoRg TwO iS pRoPoSiNg FuTuRe AlLiAnCe

DnA SaMpLe Of CyBoRg OnE CoLlEcTeD
DnA SaMpLe Of CyBoRg TwO CoLlEcTeD
BeGin BrAiN MoDeLiNg
MoDeLiNg CoMpLeTe
ScAn CyBoRg ImPlAnTs
CyBoRg ImPlAnTs ScAnNeD
MoDiFy MoDeL oN nEw InFoRmAtIoN
PrEdiCtInG FuTuRe EvEnTs GiVeN PeRsoNaLiTiEs AnD gEoPoLiTiCs
CyBoRg OnE: TaG ‘PrOmEtHeUs’
CyBoRg TwO: TaG ‘IcArUs’

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

You know, I don't even expect us to have to STAY around here. Athena might need some time to repair herself. But I want us to be her agents outthere, gathering a force that would be of assistance to her. And I want her to know that. So yeah, I could go for 2, if we could have some way to show her that we are on her side.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LowellDND posted:

CyBoRg OnE: TaG ‘PrOmEtHeUs’
CyBoRg TwO: TaG ‘IcArUs’

The old Magos is Icarus. Fitting, it flew too high and got burned. We're Prometheus... which might speak highly of the AI's opinion of our personality, if not its opinion of our life expectancy.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

On our way our, we should notify her of the potential incoming exterminatus. As a friendly warning, it should earn us some more good will and might give her more of a chance to survive should this planet get cracked.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I really wanna see her befuddlement as she attempts to understand bad pickup lines

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We need to make sure Icarus doesn't reach out to our Magos on the Beast.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

JT Jag posted:

The old Magos is Icarus. Fitting, it flew too high and got burned. We're Prometheus... which might speak highly of the AI's opinion of our personality, if not its opinion of our life expectancy.

Hey, Prometheus lived a really long time. Especially considering his liver was removed every day.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Ask her for an intercept course for Icarus. Maybe we could take him by surprise.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Regretfully, 2, but, you know, call me, maybe?

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
So. How about capturing the rogue Magos and turning him into a servitor and then taking it with us when we go see the Magos on our ship?

I may just be bitter we didn't go on space adventures with the magic ship.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Wentley posted:

I may just be bitter we didn't go on space adventures with the magic ship.

Hush childe, Athena comes to the righteous who believe and accepts.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Yeah, we need to debrief him and by debrief I mean interrogate and record all non-xenos data, then denounce him as a Xeno Traitor to Kozilek.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'd like to tell Athena that, if she comes across any other humans, some of them might have issue with her if they learn how brilliant she is, so she may want to avoid speaking aloud when encountering them. If she stays quiet they will believe she is a form of 'sanctioned AI' called a Machine Spirit, but speaking gives away her autonomy.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Holy poo poo Athena has a lot of computational horsepower.

Make sure she's aware of the war above her, the potential for exterminatus, xenos, chaos, the opinion of the Imperium on AI, how to pretend to be a regular machine spirit, etc, if that wasn't included in the previous geopolitical dump I don't want Athena getting herself killed when we're not around to teach her better.

If two wins: offer to be her agent on the outside to help acquire resources as needed for repairs

Kegslayer posted:

She comes from a period where AIs like her almost wiped out humanity and the Mars Federation was destroyed by the Cult. Sure it's not as grimdark now but they're definitely not benevolent. As others have pointed out, it's part of the reason why they're banned and straight out heresy.
She comes from before that period. AIs likely only turned on humanity due to Chaos influence, same deal as the Horus Heresy. Realistically, she's no more a danger than any sentient in a position of power. We can help her stay safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Chantilly Say posted:

Regretfully, 2, but, you know, call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number. Don't kill all humans maybe?