Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
He lies. This is a trap. I like this trap, I suggest we walk into it.

"I would be pleased to work for you. That is, if I had killed my cousin, of course."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Hm. I need to drop off real soon, but I will note this: Apparently, agents that are dumb enough to get killed are expendable. Admitting to an inquisitor that we killed his agent in exchange for a purely verbal, off-the-cuff promise of employment is pretty dumb. Whether or not we want to work with him, he does not need dumb agents. Let's not be dumb.

Edit: Also, Kozilek is apparently perfectly capable of finding and breaking into our hidden hideouts, and we've yet to set up a new one. If we turn coat for someone we KNOW he will loathe the gently caress out of, what do you suppose happens to us after that?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
They are good cop, bad coping us. Tell them you are new to inquisition game and wish to neither choose sides nor cause hardship to either, however we have every intention of cooperating with the inquisition. We then lay out every bit of evidence we have, not naming Devries but leaving enough dots to paint the picture as we did before with the previous scion. The sooner this matter closed the sooner the inquisition leaves and the sooner The Beast gets back to making profit. no finger pointing, no speculation, just cold hard facts. We are a machine, let us act like one. A machine need not lie.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ask him, "I don't feel particularly inclined to start an Inquisition war, either; and my Inquisitor most certainly would go to war over such... poaching. Particularly considering the poacher."

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This is totally a trap.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Arkanomen posted:

They are good cop, bad coping us. Tell them you are new to inquisition game and wish to neither choose sides nor cause hardship to either, however we have every intention of cooperating with the inquisition. We then lay out every bit of evidence we have, not naming Devries but leaving enough dots to paint the picture as we did before with the previous scion. The sooner this matter closed the sooner the inquisition leaves and the sooner The Beast gets back to making profit. no finger pointing, no speculation, just cold hard facts. We are a machine, let us act like one. A machine need not lie.

I like this answer best.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Arkanomen posted:

We want to join them, not avoid them. Rogue Traders have money, Inquisitors have power. One of these is means to an end, the other an end in itself.

VanSandman posted:

Ask him, "I don't feel particularly inclined to start an Inquisition war, either; and my Inquisitor most certainly would go to war over such... poaching. Particularly considering the poacher."

Don't go out of our way to offend him.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

VanSandman posted:

I like this.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Actually, formal voting:

"You say that you replace dumb agents. Admitting to an Inquisitor that you killed one of his agents, whether you actually did or didn't, regardless of your reasons for doing so, is quite dumb. I fear it is logically impossible to accept your offer."

Edit: DON'T mention the thing about "especially considering our Inquisitor," he can connect the dots as well as anybody and the list of secretive Puritans working in this sector is probably small enough that he can use that to figure out who our Inquisitor is - and if Kozilek values his secrecy so much, he will NOT appreciate our letting that slip.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 24, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

"Please - If I were to wast such a valuable resource, I would not have done it as ostentatious as with public poisoning. I have standards, you know."

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Tomn posted:

Actually, formal voting:

You say that you replace dumb agents. Admitting to an Inquisitor that you killed one of his agents, whether you actually did or didn't, regardless of your reasons for doing so, is quite dumb. I fear it is logically impossible to accept your offer."
This, plus volunteer all our relevant evidence, and offer to name suspects.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tomn posted:

Actually, formal voting:

"You say that you replace dumb agents. Admitting to an Inquisitor that you killed one of his agents, whether you actually did or didn't, regardless of your reasons for doing so, is quite dumb. I fear it is logically impossible to accept your offer."

Edit: DON'T mention the thing about "especially considering our Inquisitor," he can connect the dots as well as anybody and the list of secretive Puritans working in this sector is probably small enough that he can use that to figure out who our Inquisitor is - and if Kozilek values his secrecy so much, he will NOT appreciate our letting that slip.

I WANT him to connect the dots and try and recruit us with a better pitch.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

VanSandman posted:

I don't want Kozilek out for our blood.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I don't think that silly-lookin' skank is qualified to make this sort of decision.

Your move, Suffer.

Even sillier response:

Play the "We love you." memetic and then start to play along. See if he freaks out, then pull a "just kiddin' brah, chillax."

I'm full of bad ideas.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 24, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

paragon1 posted:

*sadly shake our head. " How stupid would I have to be to accept that offer? It would mean admitting to something I didn't do, and then declaring for every Inquisitor in the Imperium who knows anything at all that I'll turn on them when the pressure is on. No thank you.
*pause for effect*
I would, however, be more than happy to cooperate with you on the Interrogator's death. I take the sudden death of people trying to warn me of danger very personally."

Also tell him everything about DeVries

Oasx fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 24, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
*sadly shake our head. " How stupid would I have to be to accept that offer? It would mean admitting to something I didn't do, and then declaring for every Inquisitor in the Imperium who knows anything at all that I'll turn on them when the pressure is on. No thank you.
*pause for effect*
I would, however, be more than happy to cooperate with you on the Interrogator's death. I take the sudden death of people trying to warn me of danger very personally."

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
"I assure you Inquisitor I would not so crudely kill a fellow Interrogator who was purposing an alliance against a mutual enemy in the middle of a party on such a holy holiday."

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

VanSandman posted:

I'd rather be with Kozilek than this guy given what I've seen of this guy so far.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

paragon1 posted:

*pause for effect*

Scratch my suggestion, I like this.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Ralith posted:

Lord-sire's heir, the Guard's pet cog-girl, a loud-and-proud style inquisitor's interrogator? Our position would be too public for Kozilek to do anything. He might frown, but our nanobot fluid is safe.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Ralith posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can get a better sales pitch WITHOUT pissing off Kozilek. Well, more than he'd already be pissed off at the defection thing. Let's not burn our bridges too badly, is what I'm saying.

In a scenario which I'm not sure I'd describe as best or worst, we'd end up with Siadwell recruiting us, and then Kozilek thinking that we're going to be a double-agent to keep tabs on this dangerous radical madman, thus allowing us to juggle two Inquisitors at once which sounds like all kinds of fun.

I don't know if I'm being sarcastic or not with that last phrase.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

paragon1 posted:

*pause for effect*

Changing my vote to this (I am fickle)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

paragon1 posted:

*pause for effect*

Let's swing with this

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

paragon1 posted:

*pause for effect*

Changing to this

For the record, I like Kozilek. His principles are screwy but he's never asked us to do something that isn't to our advantage regardless.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Plan Paragon it is.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

paragon1 posted:

*pause for effect*

This sounds good to me. Changing my vote to this.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ralith posted:

For the record, I like Kozilek. His principles are screwy but he's never asked us to do something that isn't to our advantage regardless.

I don't like him, but have no intention of betraying him, at least not without good cause.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I don't think that Kozilek's principles ultimately will line up with Ohones', but I respect his style. Siadwell, not so much.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Come to think of it, if Siadwell had been twisting the Lord-Sire's arm, that would actually explain his conversation with us really well. He insists that we "tell him first' once we get proof of whodunnit - because he's aware that Siadwell is going to try to get the murderer on side, while the Lord-Sire would prefer to just wring his neck.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yeah, Devries is not allowed to become an inquisitorial agent. That would be horrible.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, Devries is not allowed to become an inquisitorial agent. That would be horrible.

If we have to, I say we make Devries an accessory even if he's innocent.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
First... Very cool that our handler is invisible, ideologies aside. Whether he is legit or not it is very cool. Kind of a drag though. It means jumping ship or holding the course makes an enemy either way. I think this guy would be the better enemy to choose since we are likely to see him coming. Our handler not so much.

I am humbled and honored by such an offer, but I feel a need to settle these matters before I could give such an offer the serious consideration it is due. There is a snake among us and I must first see it defanged or eliminated.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

En Garde

You shook your head. “Every member of the Imperium must understand loyalty. Loyalty to Family, to the Mechanicus, to the Inquisition. I cannot abandon one, simply because a better offer comes along.” Siadwell glanced at Sister Suffer, who shrugged. It looked like you passed some sort of test. You continued. “However, I am happy to cooperate on the investigation of the Interrogator’s death. I take the sudden death of people trying to warn me of danger very personally.”

Siadwell looked at you. “Tell me about his death.”
“He approached me at the party. He offered an alliance against a mutual enemy.”
“Did he say what enemy?”
“He said I would know who he meant.”
“Do you?”
“A few options come to mind.”
“Like who?”
“Major Devries.”
“Who is he?”
“The groom. He’s a snake.”
“How so?”
“Uses intimidation, debt slavery, drug addiction to manage an empire. Uses Replicae Heretek. Drugged a Commissar. Associates with mutants. Dances just on the edge of legality. Cooperates with the military police. Probably uses bribes to stay safe.”
“How did he get here?”
“He thought Amacita was an easy mark.”
“Is she?”
“Or the most deep cover deep agent I’ve ever heard of.”
“For who?”
“I don’t know. Maybe herself.”
“You don’t trust her?”
“I trust her to be naive.”
“A dangerous habit.”
“You have no idea.”

He paused. “What other suspects?”
“Lord-Sire.”
“Limosa wanted to kill Lord-Sire?”
“If you want to be Lord-Sire, you have to get rid of the old one.”
“Is that common?”
“The current one did it.”
“Do you think Lord-Sire killed Limosa as a threat?”
“I don’t know. He seemed distraught over it.”
“Would that stop him?”
“I don’t think so.”
“Would he try to kill you next?”
“Only if he wanted Amacita to rule.”
“Would he?”
“I doubt it.”

“Anyone else?”
“I don’t know.”
“Your Inquisitor?”
“I don’t know him well.”
“How were you selected as an Acolyte then?”
"Letter in the mail."
“Did he say why she made you an Interrogator?”
“They didn’t explain.”
“Did your Inquisitor have a problem with Limosa? His Radical views, or his Eldar affiliations?”
"I speculate that my Inquisitor wouldn't have liked Limosa. But I don't know beyond that."

“Is that where you got your shuriken pistol? When you killed Limosa?”
“There were many witnesses to when he died. I didn’t approach the body.”
“What happened to the body?”
“It was incinerated for safety.”
“By who?”
“The Krieg.”
“Who you are friends with.”
“Krieg don’t have friends.”
“Comrades then.”
“Not sure they have those either.”

“Its said they’ll die for you.”
“Krieg will die for a lot of reasons.”
“And their Commissar?”
“Which one?”
“Fabiyan.”
“We’ve worked together.”
“Enough to kill together?”
“Only xenos.”
“Do you think Limosa was a xeno?”
“What?”
“Or worked with xenos.”
“There were always rumors.”
“Would you kill him over a rumor?”
“He’s dead, so I can’t kill him over a rumor.”
“Would you have?”
“No.”

“How do you feel about Eldar?”
“Never met one.”
“But you have their pistol.”
“Rogue Trader Families have lots of things.”

He glanced at Sister Suffer again. “Thank you for cooperating. We’ll be back.”

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 24, 2015

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Edit whoops was too late

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 24, 2015

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Edge of the seat stuff, Lowell. Great writing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Been pointed out to me that you were going to be honest about Kozilek, so lemme edit.

minor edits done

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 24, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Contact Lord-Sire NOW. See him in person if by any means possible.

I want to contact Kozilek after that, but this is a priority.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

my dad posted:

Contact Lord-Sire NOW. See him in person if by any means possible.

I want to contact Kozilek after that, but this is a priority.

This, but do not contact Kozilek until we've had a chance to reconsider whether or not to after we've spoken with the Lord-Sire.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

LowellDND posted:

Been pointed out to me that you were going to be honest about Kozilek, so lemme edit.

Wait, what? Who voted for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Guitar_Hero posted:

Wait, what? Who voted for that?

Yeah that's not what I voted for.