Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
For Lowell:

quote:

Armour: Front: 20, Side 20, Rear 18
Special:
Provides the Auto-Stabilised Trait and grants +40 to Strength. A Centurion cannot Run, and the wearer suffers –30 to Agility, and cannot Dodge (but may still Parry). Also roll once on Table 5–12: Power Armour History.
Special Rules
Walker: Walkers are able to ignore penalties for moving through difficult terrain, and negotiate obstacles such as rock slides, tank traps, fallen trees, and shattered buildings without penalty.
Combat Walker: Centurions always have a Basic Melee Attack (representing their ability to charge, batter, and smash targets): (Melee, 1d10+8 I, Pen 2, Unwieldy)
Reinforced Hull: When a vehicle with a Reinforced Hull receives a Critical Hit, halve the results, rounding up. This does not affect rolls on the Critical Hit chart generated by Righteous Fury.
Omni-scope: Attack Modifer: +10 to hit
Special: Combines Preysense Sight- No Darkness Penalties

Arm weapons
- 1 Flamer (Range 20m ,S/–/– ,1d10+9 E ,Pen 3, Clip 40, Reload 3 Full, Flame)
- 1 Meltagun (Range 30m, Basic, S/–/–,2d10+14 E, Pen 12, Clip 40, Reload 3 Full)
- Two Siege Drills (Melee - Primitive 2d10+11 R; Pen 7; Tearing, Unwieldy, Power Field)
Chest weapons
- Hurricane Bolter (Facing Front, 50m, –/6/12, 2d10+5 X, Pen 4, Clip 300, Reload 4 Full, Tearing)
- Frag Assault Launchers: Assault Centurion Armours are armed with Frag Assault Launchers, single-shot scatter grenades employed to cover the Centurion’s final assault (Facing Front, Range 50m, -/3/-, 2d10+2 X, Pen 0, Clip 6). Frag Launchers may be fired as a Free Action, and fire in a 45 degree cone from the Centurion, hitting everything within range. When they fire, they force automatic Pinning Tests from all eligible targets within range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I would like to propose we nominate a drusian fanatic to ride a concert truck and shred eternal on our voyage of the damned

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I would like to propose we nominate a drusian fanatic to ride a concert truck and shred eternal on our voyage of the damned

Jeb not good enough for you? :colbert:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

LowellDND posted:

Jeb not good enough for you? :colbert:

Isn't he currently a few particles floating around what used to be an asteroid

Along with hubby dearest

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No, Jeb wasn't with us.

Before we go:
Get all our weapons sanctified by the Drusians.
Get some hexagrammatic wards, even if only temporary, drawn on our armour (and Miriam's and the Dwarf's).

Waci fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 11, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Waci posted:

No, Jeb wasn't with us.

Before we go:
Get all our weapons sanctified by the Drusians.
Get some hexagrammatic wards, even if only temporary, drawn on our armour (and Miriam's and the Dwarf's).

Weapons and ammo

You can never have too much blessing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Heretic Road Trip

You glanced about you, having gotten everything you needed. The roles as indicated by Kaydras. Enough gear to lay siege to a small planet. Your Lord-Sire power armor still felt strange, like a parent’s clothes, and you shifted uneasily. Time enough to start, anyway. You reached out, turned off Devries’ sensors. No need to reveal things you didn’t need to.

Kaydras and your chosen convoy entered the empty storage bay. Usually used for transiting trade, it had been disused for several months and was ideal for your purposes. You glanced at them, even as the rage at seeing xenos rose up in you. You tightly controlled a growl as they slowed, but then gestured them forward. If Kaydras had warned you, none of this would be necessary. Perhaps he would give warning now.

“Anything I should expect, Kaydras?”
“Be careful. Nothing is as it appears there. Time can be … flexible.”
“Yes, that’s the idea. Galahad, Miriam, you ready? Dwarf?” They nodded, perhaps a bit pale. You had made Galahad put on his helmet again, his features were grotesque, but his helmet nodded as well.
“All right. Open it up Kaydras.”
The Eldar gestured, spoke words, and a sheen of gold seemed to lay over the cargobay. It moved like a river, without touching anything, and you looked at him. He seemed to shout from a great distance. “Walk foward and don’t leave the path! Farewell!”

Your convoy rolled ahead, and the light consumed everything.

-

In the distance, a great city. The golden trails continued to flow, like a sandstorm, or threads of some great weave. You looked to Miriam. “Is it normally like this?”
She glanced back. “Last time I was here, it was blood.”
Eugh.
You clicked Devries back on. His response was immediate.

“How long was I out? Where are we?”
“Centuries. We are in the Eye of Terror. All your friends and family are dead.”
“Haha. Like I could ever forget you, Ohone - by the God-Emperor, is that an Eldar??”
Galahad’s helmet seemed to watch impassively.
“It is!” He crowed. “All that poo poo you gave me about abhumans and mutants and the human form, and you are working with xenos. Oh, this is rich. You are a hypocrite.”
“What do you care?”
“Oh, I don’t. Everyone in power is a hypocrite. I’m just honest with myself.”
“I’m not?”
“Absolutely not. You lie to yourself everyday Ohone, about yourself, your Family, the Imperium. I don’t even know how you sleep at night.”
You paused. “Batteries.”
He chuckled. “That must be it.”

“So where are we? Really now.”
“You don’t recognize it? Galahad, Dwarf, either of you?”
They shook their heads. Lovely, a xeno who didn’t know his home town.
“What do you think Miriam?”
She hesitated. “Well… I haven’t been in this section. There can be natural predators, illusions, distractions. You can tell the city though.”
“Oh?” Thoughts of Dark Eldar made your stomach twinge.
“Yeah. The way it looks underwater. Its a maybe-city.”
“A maybe-city?”
“Yeah. You can find the truth there sometimes, past selves, alternate selves. Most of the time, it’s things you don’t want to know.”
“Is it on the way?”
She grimaced. “Kind of. If we can get on one of the towers, we can get a better picture of the area, maybe figure out where we are.”

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Well, towards a tower we go.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lets listen to Miriam

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Xun posted:

Lets listen to Miriam

I trust our fallen inquisitor.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Let the guide be our guide. But stay on the path no matter what. Also, perform a full auspex scan every minute, or every time something changes/happens, whichever is more frequent, and double-check against that to ensure we're staying on the path.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh crap.

Are we going to have to fight a passive half-angel wielding a huge scythe?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Ralith posted:

Let the guide be our guide. But stay on the path no matter what. Also, perform a full auspex scan every minute, or every time something changes/happens, whichever is more frequent, and double-check against that to ensure we're staying on the path.

This and also psyocculum scans. If this thing is leaking...

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

save all data for future analysis

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Waci posted:

Well, towards a tower we go.

This

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Hell, record all data from all sensors continuously. This data could be useful for future research!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Boulevard of broken dreams

As you approached, the city became more real - or you became less so. Your scans reported no Warp activity, but the color was shifting from the orange of the Webways to the grey and mellow blues of whatever this place was. You could smell the burning of stale prometheum from some distant place, and the wind lazily whipped you with the heavy dust of concrete and shattered steel.

It was unnaturally quiet, all the normal sounds of a city being absent, and you were unsure if that was because of the unreal nature of the place, or if it really was this empty. You still hadn’t seen anyone, and you had been approaching for kilometers, even as the spires rose ever higher above you. It was certainly a hive city of some sort, and appeared to be of Imperial make.

Your treads slowly changed their sounds, and you watched the pathway transition from the dry powder of obliteration to the calcium designs of a different sort. Bones, certainly human, in a road stretching to the horizon. Here and there you could see spent brass or the rusty shape of what might have been a weapon. It looked like a great battle had been lost here.

What do you do?

A. Send Galahad ahead, he has the scout vehicle.
B. The air will tear his engines apart, stay low and approach along the road.
C. Leave the road and go overland towards one of the shorter spires.
D. Investigate the local area (for what?)
E. Something Else

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B and D If we find any tech, pull it apart and discern. We should find clues there.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B and D. Investigate, but do not leave the path.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
B + snag some shell casings and one or two of the rusted weapons for later analysis

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

yeah B and D look for anything that might be of scientific interest

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Grognan posted:

B and D If we find any tech, pull it apart and discern. We should find clues there.

Seconding this

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

B and D dont leave the roads!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Grognan posted:

This

Dammit missed the crew vote. Hopefully Devries doesn't get a chance to gently caress us up.

Did we bring megabyte and a few skulls? Send him ahead.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Megabyte is a puppy and the skulls are mapping Between.

Ominous

You called a halt as your sensors picked up something interesting. Your riding servitor grunted good naturedly - you were a hefty weight on him, and he could use the break. Your hands - well, paws - began digging through the debris. There must have been the bones from a hundred thousand dead here, it was rather remarkable. You glanced at the sky - not much erosion or decay. Odd.

The weapons to be fairly standard IG fare, lasguns and the like. You frowned, dug further. In the midst of all the calcium deposits was a skeletal forearm of a different sort, a metal you couldn’t identify. You pulled it out - it lacked any sort of attachment or power source, and you looked at it curiously. Odd thing. You began going through your memory banks, seeing if there was anything about it. You were sure you had read something…

“Heh. I know where we are.”
You glanced back. Devries had an odd expression on his face. The smile you wear when you get bad news.
“Yeah? Where’s that?”
He nodded at the spires. “You don’t recognize them?”
“... Should I?”
“We were under their gaze for nearly a year, Ohone.”
“Bravo Hive? On Golgotha?”
“Yup. You don’t recognize it?”
You stared at the horizon, considered. Maybe, with a lot of decay…

Your sensors pinged. There was life of a sort in one of the towers. Perhaps three kilometers away.

What do you do?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

No matter what we do, do not leave the path

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
FORWARD, WITH GUSTO find who is here in this place. The spire should be a good vantage point.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

Agreed

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SerSpook posted:

If the person is on the way, stop by. Otherwise, push on - we have a mission, and the less time we stay in this place, the better.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Investigate, but don't leave the path or delay everything else too much for it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lets ask Devries and Miriam! :commissar:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ask Devries:

1) Did you ever feel love towards Amatica?
2) Do you still think I'm pretty?
3) Will you tell me a bed time story later?

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

SerSpook posted:

Agreed. Also: is that 3 kilometers the edge of our sensor range? Or did a life appear that wasn't there in a previous scan?

Do we have a drone we could send instead of going there physically?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

falcon2424 posted:

Agreed. Also: is that 3 kilometers the edge of our sensor range? Or did a life appear that wasn't there in a previous scan?

Do we have a drone we could send instead of going there physically?

Its cutting in and out, like it's camouflaged in some way. I cant think of anything on your list that might be good for a drone, but maybe I missed something.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I missed the final guide picks, huh?

I'd just like to point out that it's kinda amazing that people were arguing that "Every sign points to Devries being the Cunning and there is no evidence at all that the Dwarf is the one" when Lowell was laughing his rear end off at how incredible this turn of events was.

Also slightly amazed we didn't bother to talk to or question Galahad at all before deciding what to do with him.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tomn posted:

I missed the final guide picks, huh?

I'd just like to point out that it's kinda amazing that people were arguing that "Every sign points to Devries being the Cunning and there is no evidence at all that the Dwarf is the one" when Lowell was laughing his rear end off at how incredible this turn of events was.

Also slightly amazed we didn't bother to talk to or question Galahad at all before deciding what to do with him.

He seems like a trustworthy fellow. And Eldar telling you he's family after you lose all your family is a coincidence.

I originally sketched the Dwarf as winning. Tyrion and all. But I was expecting Devries to stay in his cage for a lot longer yet, so...

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How does Devries feel about heels

How does Galahad feel about heels THIS IS IMPORTANT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Xun fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 11, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

How does Devries feel about heels

He looks amazing in them.

edit: And he will show you if you grow him another body.

Xun posted:

How does Galahad feel about heels THIS IS IMPORTANT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Loel fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 11, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Tomn posted:

No metagaming :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lol, I looked up when we met Devries. He was introduced on page 66 :v: