Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Wear the Power Armor at all times, it will be filled and surrounded by our enhancements, forming a protective core for our True Form (of metal)

Communicate with the Magos/tech perimeter using every form of primitive and sophisticated communications and signaling methods we know. We need to get in there, we need to talk to the magos.

purge anything with the alien organs enhancement, what if they're Tyranid and causing our psyckers to freak out/calling a hive fleet to throw their shadow on our warp and becalm us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

They are coming

“By the God-Emperor, what happened?”
Limosa was standing at attention, clothes shredded, bloody wounds hastily patched with bits of uniform. He had his Ghosthelm held under his arm, and was barely aware of where he was.
“Sit down, sit down.”
“Thank you Inquisitor. I wish to report a partial success. We captured all technical components, but the xeno research you described was missing.” He paused, as if waiting for punishment. The more you learned of him, the more Siadwell seemed a monster. How could you get loyalty treating your subordinates that way?
“And the attack?”
“We made it to the labs without hindrance. I would have thought it a milk run, but then we started taking casualties as we gathered the gear.”
“Did the Kriegers report a description?”
Limosa shook his head. “They didn’t see it, not then.”
“Not then?”
“They acted like nothing was happening. Someone would fall over, rib cage open, no response. Is that a Krieger thing?”
“No, they should have started shooting, alerted each other, something. Total non-response?”
He nodded slowly. “That reinforces my theory then.”
“Which was?”
“The psyker pressure was very strong there. I was on the edge of blacking out for a lot of it, I think a lesser psyker would have.”
“So… you think we’re facing a telekinetic?”
He laughed sourly. “Oh, I wish. I started thinking about it, and I amplified my perceptions. And shared it with the Kriegers. That’s when they started shooting back.”
“At what?”
“Swarm of xenos. I didn’t recognize the type. My hunch is, they knock ships out of the warp, here in the void between stars, and eat the contents.”
“How did they attack?”
“How didn’t they? They were coordinated, ranging from the size of a human infant to a human vehicle. They would knock down barricades we built, or go under them. I had to keep up a psyker field the entire time, otherwise the Krieger would go back to ignoring them.”
“What kind of weapons?”
“Mostly claws. And teeth.” He gestured towards his wounds, winced. “We didn’t observe any chemical weapons. I’ve got the survivors in quarantine, just in case of a biological agent.”
“Any ranged weapons?”
“Not many. No laser, no plasma. Some projectile, but they seemed hastily and badly made. The xenos seem more focused on melee. Did the Magos Biologis say anything about the situation?”
You shook your head. “They’ve ordered troops to only respond with the quarantine warning. I tried binary, morse, light communication. Same thing. They’ve bunkered down.”

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ask Limosa if he brought back any xenos corpses.

EDIT: And though I vote for: power armor off on the ship, power armor on when elsewhere, I think we should keep the power armor on so long as there're invisible creepy-crawlies attacking the Beast. i.e. until this crisis is resolved.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If this is why the psykers are all having nightmares, do you think you could help them develop a way to work around it?

Contact the ecclesiarchy and the space marines. Assemble the purging council. Inform the magos, in case they're monitoring incoming messages somehow.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The effects these Xenos are having on psykers is similar to that of a blank, and their field of ignorance is similar to that of the artifact.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Interesting. They hide themselves through psykery, and then suppress enemy psykers in order to keep them from realizing what was happening. They also seem fairly formidable in combat, too, though not advanced technologically. Sort of a scavenger or ambush predator race?

Hey Lowell, how does Logis Prophecy work again, and could we try to use it with Limosa's update to try to extrapolate more about the xenos?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Remember the Magos was homies with the guy that was experimenting with Tyranid/machine combos inside of Athena. Could this be a further experiment with orks, chaos, and tyranid? Amacita has been claiming the whole time that our Magos is the real evil.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Where's amicita? They might be using the artifact somehow.

Have our servo skulls seen anything? They might be mentally blocking themselves from people but they should show up on pure tech cameras.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Distribute Psider hairnets to all hunter-killer squads. Take the field ourselves and burn this scourge from our ship

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tomn posted:

Interesting. They hide themselves through psykery, and then suppress enemy psykers in order to keep them from realizing what was happening. They also seem fairly formidable in combat, too, though not advanced technologically. Sort of a scavenger or ambush predator race?

Hey Lowell, how does Logis Prophecy work again, and could we try to use it with Limosa's update to try to extrapolate more about the xenos?
It's basically the Sherlock Holmes ability. We make a roll to deduce (prophesize) if something will happen, and the difficulty of the roll is based on how much research on the subject we've done. The more research we've done, the more specific and in-depth things we can potentially deduce.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Armour on at all times.

Assemble a war council, distribute standing orders to organise into groups accompanied by a psyker strong enough to not pass out near the aliens, ie Limosa and Edourd.

Investigate safety/feasibility of using psider hairnets to counter the effect, if they work, offer them tot he Iron Hands and to krieger/drusian officers.

Attach a strobe light to our armour, just in case.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Dimensional Shamblers

We are good and rightly hosed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Priority one is to capture some living specimins of these xenos and experiment on them to see of there's a viable way to improve our ability to fight against them without needing a high-level psyker at all times. If there's a trick to keeping them visible in a non-psychic way, or if there's something that dampens their various abilities, we need to find it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How did they get on board through the Gellar Field? Maybe they were always here . Whatever the reason, they are more powerful here in the warp and we need to get moving. I bet they are something the Magos cooked up. He then stalled the engines and are waiting for his creatures to clean up this whole mess of a ship and take power while we are all weakened from the civil war.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Remember the Magos was homies with the guy that was experimenting with Tyranid/machine combos inside of Athena. Could this be a further experiment with orks, chaos, and tyranid? Amacita has been claiming the whole time that our Magos is the real evil.

Could be that Amacita let loose the Magos' creations as part of her crusade. Could also be the Stryxis decided to let loose some of their flesh creatures on board our ship as thanks for the pleasant conversation we had. Could be lots of things, but right now we need to figure out what we're dealing with.

See what we can learn from any dead bodies Limosa's team brought back (human or xeno)

While also:

Form both a defensive guard and a kill team unit to try and capture a monster / monster corpse for study.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We're not in the warp, and the gellar fields stops daemons, not corporeal psykers.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What variety of xenos is grumpy at us for having one of their implants? Could that be related to this problem? I know this feels more like a "Darkness" thing than an Ohone-specific issue, but it might be worth feeling out.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
These are not Stryxis.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
These things have a VERY similar effect to the Pillar of Suln. I bet that has much to do with it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grognan posted:

These things have a VERY similar effect to the Pillar of Suln. I bet that has much to do with it.
First thing I noticed as well. Though I don't think the Pillar has such a detrimental effect on psykers.

Just to play along with the theory that these were made by the other Magos, was she ever in possession of the Pillar for any extended period of time? In case she figured out how it worked and was able to copy its effect to living beings.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 15, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Treat it like a halo device, useful at first with some horrendous side-effects later. Like a plague of Xenos that scream to disable psykers that can find them.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I don't think these were made by the magos. Actually, I think they were called here to unmake the magos.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Oh, right!

Lowell, can we ping every Lore roll that we can think of that might be relevant to this to see if we can remember anything like these guys? Xenos, obviously, but maybe some Daemonology, Mutants, and Tech-Heresy to be sure.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Agreeing that we should be wearing the armor at all times right now.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The effects these Xenos are having on psykers is similar to that of a blank, and their field of ignorance is similar to that of the artifact.

Actually the opposite effect. They apply psychic pressure to them and use pskyer abilities to make people unaware of what's happening. Like other's have said, much like the Pillar of Suln.

Waci posted:

These are not Stryxis.

Stryxis, like a Magos Biologis, are capable of making various creations to attack their enemies. While not very likely, it's technically something that could be a thing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

Just to play along with the theory that these were made by the other Magos, was she ever in possession of the Pillar for any extended period of time? In case she figured out how it worked and was able to copy its effect to living beings.

No one has heard from Amacita in 6+ weeks.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

And how long has it been since they've heard from the Magos again?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

And how long has it been since they've heard from the Magos again?

The quarantine went into place shortly after you left a month ago. The hauntings have been going on for ... six months maybe, depending on how you view the events with Devries and Siadwell.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Are we still radioactive by the by?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

dog kisser posted:

Are we still radioactive by the by?

Yup. Itll take a few hours in a scrubber to get clean, and you haven't had time.

Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of requests to try to grab a xeno body/prisoner. Who do you want to send/take with you on that mission?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Iron Hands, plus either Limosa or Edourd, depending on which one is awake.Possibly both. Also lots and lots of psider bits.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waci posted:

Iron Hands, plus either Limosa or Edourd, depending on which one is awake.Possibly both. Also lots and lots of psider bits.

Sounds like a plan!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Amacita has been missing 6 weeks. Magos has quarantine up for ~4. HMMMMMMMM

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

Amacita has been missing 6 weeks. Magos has quarantine up for ~4. HMMMMMMMM

Coincidences happen :colbert:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Waci posted:

This

Also, while we're at it:

Maybe ask the ageless super soldiers that have stood watch over our ship for generations if they know something about this whole mess or if they have some pointers they'd like to give us.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

LowellDND posted:

Coincidences happen :colbert:

Not in this CYOA :colbert:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Can't we ask our pet supervillan in a box what's happened to Amacita?

E: Devries, in case we have more than one.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ask Tanya for advice.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sullat posted:

Can't we ask our pet supervillan in a box what's happened to Amacita?

E: Devries, in case we have more than one.

He has no idea. She went missing a while ago. He does give you a list of little helpers for when you see her though, her symptoms probably ... aren't good, about now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Shadeoses posted:

Ask Tanya for advice.

Unless you're talking about the hallucination in our head, I have some bad news...