Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I was just about to say this. I'm on page 650 of that thing and drat if everyone in that dude's life would make a great Eldar. "There's a ton of important poo poo you need to know because you're super important and will destroy the world if you don't do the Right Thing. No, I can't give you any more info because you don't know anything."

Your poop is bound to a soulstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Just saying, if Ohone goes ahead and tells everyone in the retinue about her status as Inquisitor, Eldar, and Athena, it should be made glaringly obvious that they're all under threat of death or arcoflagellation should they speak of it. I mean, it should be obvious, but still.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Volmarias posted:

Your poop is bound to a soulstone.

We ate a soulstone once to see what happened.

We were fine.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Tomn posted:

We ate a soulstone once to see what happened.

We were fine.

And it was delicious

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Introductions

You looked over your assembled command staff. All useful or important in some way, for their skillsets, relationship to power, or both. They were the hands by which you would steer the Ship - the strings by which you ruled your Dynasty. The inner circle, as it were. You briefly, painfully, thought of the ones lost at Footfall, then pushed it away. You’d make this team work for you.

You nodded to each as you spoke. “Most of you know each other, have worked with each other as we fought the traitors in our midst. I’m going to over names and specialties just in case, and I expect you to coordinate the running of the Ship in my absence. Understood?” Nods all around. Splendid. You wondered if they were thinking of the purges of the last batch of failures. The previous Colonel of the Grey Guards, for example, you had shot personally.

“Navigator Apollyon Dianchenko. Well done on surviving the breach on Alpha Deck, you showed yourself well there. Your Guildhouse is an important one, and we on the Beast would like to again thank you for your Family’s long history of working with us.” Neither of you spoke of his alliance with Devries. Navigators were not to be wasted.

“Astropath Zackary Crotwell. Our regards to you as well, on both your survival and the endurance of your Guildhouse.” A boyish child, obedient to the whims of his clan. Loyal now that Devries was removed. Loyal enough. Astropaths, too, were a class that couldn’t be removed without … consequences.

“Officer Oskar Ravensburg. I know I’ve put the Family through their paces these last few months, and that you have persevered splendidly. I expect to supplement our crew at the next world, and you should be able to bring them back to par in no time at all.” He nodded. Crew losses had been quite severe, although the cadre of Family officers would see it through.

“Seneschal Eleonora, I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for us in these trying times. Without your ability, your quickness, tens of thousands of people would have died, and we might have lost the Ship - the Dynasty! itself. It’s a debt we can never repay.” All true, too. She had served your Family for decades, and this was just the last of many crises that she had pushed through.

“Colonel Astri, of the Grey Guards. You have served us well and capably these last few years. We have great hopes for you.”

“Jeb, the commander of my personal forces.”

“Astin De Merode, we’ve spoken briefly in the past.” She looked warily about her. She was one of the lowest ranking, least powerful people here, and that was actually why you had selected her. “Most of us here have decades of experience and plans, but that means that sometimes we are blindsided by the absurdly simple.” Like a fusion bomb. You shrugged the thought away. “Your job here is to keep an eye on that sort of thing.”
“Aye Ma’am.”

“And our Krieg representative. You are here for the same reasons, and have permission to speak.” He never did, of course, and in your head you had taken to calling him Gerrold. Maybe getting him a hat to differentiate from the rest of them.

“You all know Saint Fabiyan.” They better, since worshipping your husband was mandatory on this ship by mandate of you and the God-Emperor.

“And his most dedicated servant, Hierophant Isaac.”

“Interrogator Limosa, good to see you back among the living.” No one mentioned your years long rivalry, ending in your success. “We expect our friendship with the Inquisition to continue for decades to come.”

“And his Inquisitor, Edourd.” Did that imply Limosa worked for Edourd? You hoped it did. You wanted as few possible to know you were an Inquisitor. You had seen how Kozilek worked, and how Siadwell had worked. Of the two, subtlety kept you along longer. And you had enough public power to move pieces without too much fuss.

“Caroline, our resident Sage and Loremaster, specializing in our Family. The circumstances by which you arrived here were regrettable, but we are thankful nonetheless.” Frederik had kidnapped her and killed her students, but what can you do.

"Tech-Priest Theta, who is managing the Engines while I carry on with two hats." Three hats, really, and they were the most experienced survivor you had decanted.

“The High Technician, representative of the Tribes, and someone who has helped tremendously in the repairs of the Ship these last few weeks.”

“And finally, Explorer Lukacs, our Guild Represenative. You have done wonders for us these last few weeks, and our maps are nearly complete. To begin with, I would like to share what we’ve discovered so far.”

quote:

A repurposed space hulk
Space: 160/160
Power: 190/190

Speed: 16
Manoeuvrability: +35
Detection: +49

Turret rating: 6
Shields: 1
Armour: 41
Hull Integrity: 119

Crew Rating: Good officers, purged crew (35?)
Crew Population: Skeleton Crew (20?)
Crew Morale: Fanatical (85?)

Warp Drive: Miloslav H-616.b
Plasma Drive: Modified Saturnine pattern Class 5
Gellar Field: Emergency fields
Void shield: Poorly maintained Castellan Shield*
Bridge: Ship Master’s Bridge
Life support: poor craftsmanship M-1.r life sustainer
Crew Quarters: Bilge-rat quarters
Augur array: R-50 Multiband Auspex

Weapons:
Da 'ugest gun (Nova Cannon; Strength special; Damage 1d10+1d5; Crit Rating special; Range min 3 max 2d10+10)
Lathe grav-culverin broadside (Macrobattery; Strength 6; Damage 1d10+3; Crit Rating 6; Range 6)
Stygies-pattern Bombardment Cannon (Macrobattery; Strength 3; Damage 1d10+6; Crit Rating 2; range 4)
Sunsear las-broadside (Macrobattery; Strength 6; Damage 1d10+2; Crit Rating 4; Range 9)
Plasma-accelerated torpedo tubes (Torpedo tubes; Strength 4; Damage special; Crit Rating special; Range special)
2x Fortis-pattern torpedo tubes (Torpedo tubes; Strength 4; Damage special; Crit Rating special; Range special)
2x Zzzap kannon (Lance; Strength 2; Damage 1d10+4; Crit Rating 3; Range 6)
Railgun battery (Macrocannon; Strength 4; Damage 1d10+3; Crit Rating 5; Range 5)
Pulsar lance: (Lance; Strength 1; Damage 1d10+3; Crit Rating 3; Range 3; Pulsed Fire)
Grapple Cannon (Special)

Supplemental components:
Temple-Shrine to the God-Emperor
Barracks
Compartmentalised Cargo Holds
Cargo Hold and Lighter Bay
Luxury Passenger Quarters (alpha deck)
Main Cargo Hold
Xenos habitats
Astropathic Choir Chambers
Crew Reclamation Facility
Murder Servitors
Librarium Vault
Laboratorium
Munitorium
Trophy Room
Manufactorum
Grav Repulsors
Plasma Scoop
Ship’s Stores
Brig
Cogitator Interlink
Arboretum (out of control, currently jungle)
Micro laser defence grid
suspension chambers
Auto-stabilised logis targeter
Xenos librarium (Tau chartist logs)
Runecaster
Ramshackle (ork-made) Broadband Vox-caster
Peerlessly Elegant Augmented Retro-thrusters
Gravity Sails
Peerless Elegance Auxiliary Plasma Banks
Asteroid Mining Facility (currently entirely internal)
Hydraphuran Jamming system
Drop Pod Launch Bays
Pharmaceia
Power Ram (currently internal)
Melodium
Observation Dome
Good Craftsmanship Augmented Retro-thrusters

Upgrades:
Ostentatious Display of Wealth
Atomics (lots)
Cherubim Aerie
Starchart Collection
Distributed Cargo Hold

Histories:
loving HAUNTED
Reliquary of Mars
Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
Wrested from a Space Hulk
Xenophilous
Temperamental Warp Engine

Machine Spirit Oddities:
Blasphemous Tendencies
Rebellious
Skittish
Ancient and Wise

Bonuses summary:
+5 to tests to avoid celestial phenomena
+20 to command tests during boarding actions
May begin boarding action with -10 BS test using Grapple Cannon.
Enemy has -40 to escape boarding rather than -20.
+40 to command tests during hit and run actions
Can select crit results between 1 and 6 when doing hit and run
All macrobatteries +1 damage (included)
Reduce all population loss incidents by 5
Increase all losses to morale by 1
Reduce morale by 10 because this poo poo is haunted
+10 to all investigation skills
+15 to BS with all ship weapons
Warp travel takes quarter time, -1d5 days
+35 to warp navigation
Warp encounters every 3 days instead of every 5
60% chance to increase travel time by 1d5 weeks, 40% chance to reduce travel time by 1d5 weeks.
+5 to all piloting and navigation tests in real space
Void shield has 30% chance to flicker every time it would cancel a hit
+5 to intimidate tests on ship
+20 to intimidate planetary targets
+10 to intimidate ships within 30 VU when using the orky vox caster to shout real loud
All ships within 30 VU must pass a -10 tech-use test to use their vox when we shout at them
During extended repairs, repair extra 2 hull integrity
+10 to tech use tests as part of extended repairs
+10 to acquisition tests to pay for repairs
Focused Augury tests targeting the ship have -20 penalty
+20 to all social skills
Can mine fuel from gas giants
Gellar fields have 30% chance of turning on successfully even during accidental warp translation
Can launch drop pods/drop ships
+20 to all tests to examine, repair or analyze xenotech or archeotech
+20 to all tests to craft small numbers of things
Can produce shitloads of drugs
Reduce all damage from torpedoes, bombers, asteroids, ramming etc by 3
+10 to forbidden lore tests about xenos
-40 to all repair tests
+10 to all charm and inquiry with xenos on board
Can take -10 tech-use test to double number of void shields for 1 turn
Reduce speed by 1 when in combat
Reduce travel time for long distances by 1d5 weeks
Once per session, a component can randomly become unpowered
20% chance to ignore critical hits
-5 to willpower tests for all on board
Enemy boarders suffer -5 to command tests
Can disguise components
GM can always roll twice for Misfortunes and pick
Once per session, can increase damage of a weapon by 1d5 by connecting it to spare plasma tanks

:negative: It took so long to do this post. I’ll do the briefings later. One for command staff, one for retinue.

Loel fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 1, 2015

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I've only passing experience with Rogue Trader, but if I remember the system properly good God, the Beast is absurd. She could probably go toe to toe with just about any ship in the galaxy you might care to name and come out victorious, with her primary faults being the difficulty of whatever damage manages to make its way past her shields and armor.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tomn posted:

I've only passing experience with Rogue Trader, but if I remember the system properly good God, the Beast is absurd. She could probably go toe to toe with just about any ship in the galaxy you might care to name and come out victorious, with her primary faults being the difficulty of whatever damage manages to make its way past her shields and armor.

Apparently she's also faster and more maneuverable than Eldar ships.

I guess the Ork strategy of MORE DAKKA works!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Tell the tug ship to take us to another planet. gently caress you Eldar.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
By "her" could Ed mean Athena?

Also, did we invite mom/spymaster to this meeting?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The Beast's ram and mining rig are part of other ships currently inside the hulk. We should rectify this so we can plow through other space craft.

Also, we have an orky comms unit, we could disguise ourselves as an ork captured hulk quite easily if needed.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

mepstein73 posted:

By "her" could Ed mean Athena?

Also, did we invite mom/spymaster to this meeting?

Nah, mom is in the next meeting. Why tell 20 people who your spymaster is when you don't have to?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Who was the lady we took into the ways and got killed again?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Who was the lady we took into the ways and got killed again?

Miriam.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
And she did/was what again?

I'm confused because I thought Miriam was mom for some reason.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

And she did/was what again?

I'm confused because I thought Miriam was mom for some reason.

Miriam was a minor librarian/former Inquisitor who got exiled for helping the Eldar/ending a daemonic incursion/burning some human worlds.

Mom doesn't have a name yet.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay I knew all that I just thought she was a character we met before we actually did for some reason.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Okay I knew all that I just thought she was a character we met before we actually did for some reason.

Miriam's earliest intro was when you were talking with Lord-Sire in your cell - he said she was going nuts cuz Siadwell was stealing books.

Mom's earliest intro was a SoL where she has dinner with Lord-Sire and worries about you during Arc 2.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah at that time I had her confused with our current head librarian lady, I think?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Yeah at that time I had her confused with our current head librarian lady, I think?

Yup! and that would be Caroline, who is at this current meeting.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Everyone needs to wear a name tag. No tag= spacing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Briefing

“Okay, so. What am I looking at?”
A hologram of the Beast spun above you, green wires and empty space. Tech-Priest Theta spoke up. His voice was a nasally whine, backed by the whirr of tiny gears, and he couldn’t sound more sycophantic if he tried. You wondered if that was intentional, or if he was just that bad with mundanes. Either was possible.

“This, is near as we can make it, is the known map of the Ship. If such a map has been undertaken before, it must have been centuries ago, and we can find no records of it. This is a combination of Magos, Family, Tribal and Explorer records, and we’ve found many things that had faded even out of legends. Over here, for example, is an Ork Rok, and here is a Tau vessel, including spatial maps.”

“What’s your outline on current projects?”
“Well.” His voice took on a wheedling tone. “You understand that a renovation of this scale - the size of it, the minimal amounts of crew and resources. It would normally take decades just to sooth the Machine-Spirits alone.”
“Yes, I’ve talked with them. They are on board with the project.”
“Ah... that is good. Good. We are currently connecting all the … can I speak of the Secrets?”
“Yes, go ahead.”
“Very well. We are connecting all the wiring and circuitry into a central platform, manageable from the Magos station, the Lord-Sire station, or the baton that you carry. We are also collecting and sorting all the old parts that we are discovering, as much as we can identify anyway. We’ve assigned one warehouse as ‘unknown material’, for later detailing.”
“Actually turning it into a real ship then. How will it handle?”
“Understand, Magos. We will need extensive more crew, they will need to be trained..”
“Yes, yes. I’ll take care of that.”
“With a full trained crew, we expect that the ship will,” he changed the image, an apex-predator, all curves and teeth. “Will have firepower matching nearly any ship in the Imperium, as well as being faster and more maneuverable than the Eldar.”
A round of surprised breaths went around the room. You remained skeptical.
“How could that be? We’re a huge monster, we’ve trawled the trade lines at a slug’s pace for centuries.”
“Ah, yes, but we hadn’t turned on most of the engines, hadn’t neatened the energy flows. As well, there is much archaeo-tech..” He hesitated, “And xenotech.”
“You have my dispensation. Use it.”
“Ah, good. Yes. Then this will be a flagship par excellence.”
“How long will it take? You are promising quite a bit.”
“Ah… we are going to Sol, yes?”
“Correct.”
“Eighteen to twenty four months in the Mars Shipyards. If you want to do additional renovations, it may take longer, unless you chose to just unbolt some of the ship. There will be many options.”
You considered this thoughtfully. That meant it might be as many as four years before you returned to Golgotha… but everyone else would be suffering the same delay. Starting the movement of ships and fleets took months, and their transition itself could be years to centuries. It might work. Still… you were strongly considering burning out Limosa to send warning to Terra anyway.

“Thank you.” He sat down. “Caroline, what can you tell us about this planet?”
She looked at her books, rolls of maps, data pads. It seemed she set up a library wherever she went, and she wasn’t used to people. She looked down at her books the entire time she spoke, and her voice was almost too quiet to hear.
“Agatha’s World. Imperial Civilized World. Class: Paradise. Type: Oceanic. Population: ~One billion, plus-minus fifty million. Used as resort by high ranking members of the sector.”
“Oceanic? How does that work?”
“The primary organism is a form of coral which collects thousands of kilometers long. These are used as platforms for cities and towns.”
“Any storms?” A planet like that might develop some nasty hurricanes.
“Weather conditions optimal, climate stable.”
“Can it support ship renovations?”
“Orbital platforms capable of simple repairs. Generally used to refurbish luxury items while personnel are on planet.”
“Can my crew go there for R&R?”
She paused. “Yes, but they will be confined to one stretch of coral with other crew.”
“That seems reasonable. Okay, so that’s the plan. We are currently headed for Agatha’s World for rest, relaxation, and refitting. I’ve received some initial reports that there are going to be some troubles when we get there, but I don’t have more than that. Any questions?”

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Where, repeat, where, is the Athena, the world wonders?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Where, repeat, where, is the Athena, the world wonders?

Don't look at me. I've been voting to contact her and keep in touch since we left Golgotha. If things with Waifu go south because everyone gave her the cold shoulder, I'll be more peeved than I was when we walked into a nuke.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

She's currently watching and working on some projects. When you get to Terra, she'll become a much more present force in the story.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Can we say hi to her

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

Can we say hi to her

You can pray anytime you want to :colbert:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
How much pay will we get for shore leave, boss? I know the crew usually gets paid in ration vouchers, will they get some coin or prepaid debit cards to blow while on planet?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Athena: Has done nothing for us other than make requests
The One Holy God Emperor of Man: Reattached our head and brought us back from death through his Divine Champion Saint Fabiyan.

Never too late to repent the follies of youth! :colbert:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

SerSpook posted:

Her is obviously Amacita, I will not accept any other alternatives :colbert:

And the Pillar is apparently a Halo device. Makes sense if it is meant to balance Athena (who could also be "her").

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Athena: Has done nothing for us other than make requests
The One Holy God Emperor of Man: Reattached our head and brought us back from death through his Divine Champion Saint Fabiyan.

Never too late to repent the follies of youth! :colbert:

She helped us with the vortex grenade. It's more a case of us not asking for aid, thus why would she give it. Plus, who's to say that she didn't save us from the nuke killing us.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who are the major leaders of this planet?

Edit

Are there any other notable bigwigs on the planet?

Edit 2:

While we're praying can we ask Athena for any advice about countermeasures to the Pilar that Amecita has?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 1, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

sullat posted:

How much pay will we get for shore leave, boss? I know the crew usually gets paid in ration vouchers, will they get some coin or prepaid debit cards to blow while on planet?

Mandatory shore leave for all non essentials including Krieger. Pay for whatever club med type resort they have. All expenses paid.

Have Gerrard implement beachside conduct training for Kriegers.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I would love to see two thousand Krieg fortify the crap out of a resort. After installing fortifications, one picks up a pina colada offered by a very nervous waiter, and holds it while standing at attention, a little pink straw resting against his mask.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Who are the major leaders of this planet?

Edit

Are there any other notable bigwigs on the planet?

Edit 2:

While we're praying can we ask Athena for any advice about countermeasures to the Pilar that Amecita has?

These plus:

Is there an organized criminal element on planet?

Are there any notable traders on planet

Any inquisition presence that we're aware of? Mechanicus? Guard?

Any xeno presence on or nearby the planet?

Any known incidents that match heretic or xeno activity?

Alberto Gonzalez
Apr 28, 2008
I think we should warn Holy Terra about the whole dark mechanicus thing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Batuov posted:

I think we should warn Holy Terra about the whole dark mechanicus thing.

Wise

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are there any pleasure craft for sale that we could add to the Beast

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
How many people can we pressgang at this place? It would be nice to get our crew numbers back up.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Slice of Life LII

Security Footage: Highest Clearance. Lord-Sire only. Secured by Carmilla.

//Internal Camera begins//

A blank hallway, untouched by time. Tiles in an ancient style, panels of blue and green blinking quietly to themselves. Text scrolls across them, glyphs of ancient style and design. Nothing is happening, as it always happened.

A wall crumbles. Figures you recognize as Krieg step through, weapons at the ready.

Mechanical abominations approach them, in human form. Iron men? The Krieg open fire. The mechanical men are shattered, split apart, turned to so much debris. Stacked in a pile with grenades, detonated. No fragment of intelligence left to haunt the dreams of Humanity.

The Krieg advance cautiously, see something beyond the camera’s view. Signal halt. Call for backup, in that strange chatter of theirs. Barely human. Barely machine.

Time passes. A Commissar shows up. Nods at what he sees. Reaches for his radio. Pauses. Leaves the room.

The Krieg wait. They are as much a part of the room as the mechanical men were.

The Commissar returns, along with a figure you recognize as your mother. Your spymaster.

She looks around. Examines the ancient glyphs. Checks her notes, written in the precise hand of Caroline the Sage. Nods to herself. Makes a comment to the Commissar.

He salutes, his face calm. Orders the Krieg to the wall. Shoots each of them in the back of the head. Meets your mother’s eyes. Shoots himself.

Their bodies fall. She walks over them indifferently.

Beneath the camera’s view, she presses buttons, adjusts dials. A slow cloud of fog appears, vanishes.

She reaches forward. Pulls a slab of material out - a human woman is on it. Comatose - rough features, craggy angles. A hint of the xeno. She begins coughing as she is decanted, reaches blindly for your spymaster. The camera catches her next words.

‘The Emperor must be warned. Guilliman is about to attack.’

Your mother absently takes a melta grenade from the dead, burns the bodies on the floor. Reaches up to the camera.

Visual feed ends//

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Mom what are you doing :stare: