Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Rockopolis posted:

I'm kind of surprised there's this much of a stink about them. I just think it's hilarious that they're actually canon abhumans. I guess should have just gone with a Squat. A Slayer Cult would probably fight right in to the ship, now that I think of it.
How hard is it for the Felinids to shave, even assuming they're actually hirsute? It's not like every dude on the ship is rocking the lumbersexual look, as cool as that would be.

The Squats have died out, we are only left with Scrunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I was thinking, can we take our blanks genetic code for analysis of the pariah gene ? Maybe we can implant it into something more predisposed towards battle?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I gotta look up Slam Sector.

I flipped a coin when picking between Tom Selleck and Hugo Weaving, and split the difference in story between being a really prolific Limosa and wanting to make a Genestealer cult that implants human DNA into their victims and sings hymns to call a Crusade fleet when they've reached critical mass.

Xeno Hybris is boring when you leave it to Techpriests, it's all hurf durf claws and chitiny dudes, no imagination at all.
As Abe Lincoln said, I destroy my enemy when I make them my friend.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

southpaugh posted:

I was thinking, can we take our blanks genetic code for analysis of the pariah gene ? Maybe we can implant it into something more predisposed towards battle?

Pretty sure the answer to that is a canonical no. Blanks can be mass produced (what the Culexus temple does), but no one else in the Imperium seems to have the know-how to actually manage it, much less alter the pariah gene to work with something that isn't human.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
let's min-max our ship population into all Alpha-plus psykers, Omega Blanks, Living Saints, and whatever the Magi want to turn themselves into.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

paragon1 posted:

let's min-max our ship population into all Alpha-plus psykers, Omega Blanks, Living Saints, and whatever the Magi want to turn themselves into.

Then shake the ship like a bottle of soda and launch it into the sun.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Can we have the Magi find out the secrets of the mind uploading and embrace being full AIs? Could our first cyberskull secretly house a loyal C'tan that we befriended without realizing? Also can we have Fabiyan be the reincarnation of the God Emperor? Also, let's have Tzeentch be a good guy who's just been misunderstood this whole time and who is actually the victim of a misinformation campaign by his fellow chaos gods and the nefarious Eldar, but we totes see through it and can redeem him with the power of love.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
yes, yesssssssss, :getin:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

ElrondHubbard posted:

Can we have the Magi find out the secrets of the mind uploading and embrace being full AIs? Could our first cyberskull secretly house a loyal C'tan that we befriended without realizing? Also can we have Fabiyan be the reincarnation of the God Emperor? Also, let's have Tzeentch be a good guy who's just been misunderstood this whole time and who is actually the victim of a misinformation campaign by his fellow chaos gods and the nefarious Eldar, but we totes see through it and can redeem him with the power of love.

I mean being married to the God Emperor would do wonders for our social mobility.

(I agree with the moral of your post.)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Do we need to make out with Tzeentch to redeem him, or can we get away with a peck on the cheek?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tomn posted:

Do we need to make out with Tzeentch to redeem him, or can we get away with a peck on the cheek?
Pecking on the cheek won't work since Tzeentch is ever shifting and making out may just draw things out for several novels.

Our sparkling 2nd husbando, who tries to keep us away because he's a chaos god abomination, but secretly wants to be with us always, keeps putting up walls between us (many of which are composed of ever shifting impossible geometries that drive even the hardiest of individuals utterly insane) and we need to break them down. We're going to have to combine our very essences into one called

quote:

01010100 01111010 01100101 01100101 01101110 01110100 01100011 01101000

That way we'll be together forever.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tomn posted:

if we really want to win his heart we're gonna need incredibly complex, needlessly detailed, mutually contradictory plans for dates, vacations, sloppy makeouts, 3 weddings, 4 divorces, and an ever shifting number of children and pets on his desk in triplicate, in High and Low Gothic no later than 4:23 PM on Blorksday, a day which only exists in the upper-middle class parts of the Eye of Terror while you're sneezing.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I thought you were just supposed to go out with Khorne to make Tzeench jealous?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

I thought you were just supposed to go out with Khorne to make Tzeench jealous?

I figured our God Emperor husbando prime should be sufficient.

Lowel really needs to post something soon...this is getting weird.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
We aren't supposed to live this long between posts.

It's getting weeeeeeeeeird.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
It's dangerous to take too long a journey in the Warp. Every passing moment of subjective time is another moment where the Gellar fields might fail and allow Chaos to infest the thread ship.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I just realized we missed out on a golden opportunity to advance as Techpriests. We should have taken advantage of getting beheaded to attach suspensors to our head and discard more of our Flesh by becoming a Demi-Magos. Or better yet, do it anyway; add suspensors to our head, turn our body + armor into a servitor, and add a little escape rocket, too, we'd be like, Krang leading the Foot Clan to crush those foul mutants!
Oh, and you should totally add some mechadendrites to dangle from your neck, like with weapons and stuff, so the next time someone cuts off your head, you can return the favor! And steal their body too, for good measure.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All-natural legs, we have a reason to keep them. Sicko

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Grognan posted:

All-natural legs, we have a reason to keep them. Sicko

So we keep them in a box or something and pull them out when we need it

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It's still just Flesh, weighing you down on your path to enlightenment.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

hey all! I enjoyed my break, and it looks like everyone else here did too :D been listening to a couple good podcasts, nightvale, history of byzantium, still alive. Good stuff. that’s said, on with the show!

today’s music: manson’s eat me drink me

We’re back

They called it the Manor, but it was really more of a fortress-city.

Set in one of the most calm and beautiful inlets on the entire planet, it was wrapped in (and set upon) an army of coral. A dozen smaller islands surrounded it, holy glyphs a kilometer long, sigils of faith and belief. Monastery barracks were built on top of them, ready to deploy at a moment’s notice, and in the sky a hundred helicopters flew like dragonflies. And at night, you could see a handful of Navy ships in orbit, like stars.

Spires and minarets half a kilometer high stretched towards the sky, and supporting buildings weaved their way between them. You could walk between them on gossamer bridges, trusting in the structures of the Imperium to keep you safe. In all the long centuries this world had been colonized, no one had ever been known to fall.

While there were a thousand - ten thousand - private islands for the rich and aristocratic to pass the time, this was where things happened. If you wanted to network, meet old friends, duel old enemies, this was the place. It was solely the place of the Imperium, with minimal influence of the Mechanicus, and none at all of xeno or mutant. There were a billion people on this world, but you wouldn’t know it from here.

The richest - most powerful, most feted and adored - people came here. Both as vacation from their home planets, and work of their own sort. It was a pleasant time, to be passing days in the company of your equals, as opposed to the dregs you commanded. The only place you could really stop slumming it, as it were. Everyone here was somebody, or at least everyone who mattered.

And if there were rumors of hedonistic cults, and an excess of debauchery, well. Those were always rumors.

-

Just some scene setting, kicking off the rust. :D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

And if there were rumors of hedonistic cults, and an excess of debauchery, well. Those were always rumors.

Welp. Exterminatus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What a nice place. Too nice for 40k. EXTERMINATUS

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Fer the Emperor's sake. There are a lot of rich and powerful people down there. People who could end up being patrons, clients, allies, or customers. No Exterminatus without Proof!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
More important people die, more hats available!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
You give a goon a cyclonic torpedo...

Stop calling for exterminatus at the drop of a hat :ughh:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Stop breathing.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hey! I've been there! It was not as picturesque that day as in that photo. And the parking lot was busy being reclaimed by the sea. It was gnarly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Arkanomen posted:

Welp. Exterminatus.

I like that we've obliterated the setting before the opening scene. We're getting good at this.

Let's hold out on the Exterminatus until we see some evidence, or hear about some evidence.

But send in a squad of Krieg to piss people off.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Outrail posted:

I like that we've obliterated the setting before the opening scene. We're getting good at this.

Let's hold out on the Exterminatus until we see some evidence, or hear about some evidence.

But send in a squad of Krieg to piss people off.

This but the Kreig go in to paint markers and plant charges.

Also we inquisition now. A rumor means it's already to late. Everyone is a genestealer chaos cultist and the only way to be sure is to glass the planet. :colbert:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Lowell please tell us more about this lovely place, the thread is clearly still somewhat out of it from the hiatus.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Kill all tribunes.

Arkanomen posted:

Welp. Exterminatus.

Waci posted:

Stop breathing.

Welcome back OP!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ralith posted:

Second.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Ralith posted:

We should at least loot the place first. Maybe grab some unwilling, but promising talent.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It was a joke. Not really. Kill them Ohone. Kill them all.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

We should at least loot the place first. Maybe grab some unwilling, but promising talent.

Wait, are we playing Dark Heresy (kill then loot) or Rogue Trader (loot then kill)? That will inform how we proceed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

sullat posted:

Wait, are we playing Dark Heresy (kill then loot) or Rogue Trader (loot then kill)? That will inform how we proceed.
We're playing Dark Heresy: Rogue Trader. Read the thread title.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

And Ascension

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

I was surprised we survived this long being a straight up heretic without falling into Black Crusade, but then I remembered we were an Inquisitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

I was surprised we survived this long being a straight up heretic without falling into Black Crusade, but then I remembered we were an Inquisitor.

They don't have to be mutually exclusive!