Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

We also keep buying off our insanity, otherwise we'd have ~80 or so :D

As an aside, woo! We have hit 14,000 posts, and are within a week of our one year anniversary! :D Thats 615 pages or 275,000 words :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What would happen if Ohone went obviously insane/evil without having anything to do with Chaos, like getting into xeno technology or tyranid body-modding?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

sullat posted:

Wait, are we playing Dark Heresy (kill then loot) or Rogue Trader (loot then kill)? That will inform how we proceed.

At this point we're playing "Herald of the Apocalypse and Prophet of the Divine (Mechanical or otherwise)," which offers considerably less guidance.

We're so far off the beaten path of most adventures in this vein that we should really be making our own archetypes instead of dogmatically falling back on older, more familiar, but ultimately lesser archetypes. "The trigger-happy Inquisitor" suits when stopping plots of a planetary scale, but you can't burn the entire Imperium to save it. "The daring Rogue Trader with an eye on both the main chance and chance itself" is an excellent path, but even their antics pale before the riches we've set a course towards. Even the hypothetical possibility of sector command held out in Only War pales before the galaxy-wide war we've more or less called into existence single-handedly.

Ohone can no longer be an Inquisitor, or a Rogue Trader, or a Tech-Priest, or anything else except Ohone. Nothing less can contain her anymore.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I think the problem here is that we jumped from Acolyte to full Inquisitor without ever getting much if any instruction from our original Inquisitor patron. Thus we never had the usual years (or decades) of direct service as an Interrogator to learn that just because you CAN wipe out planets, that shouldn't be the FIRST option!

Really people, we need to have some restraint. :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

No half measures :colbert:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
You know if you think about it we really should be an inquisitor for Chaos. I mean, think about it. We're supposed to be rooting out heresy and traitors, there are a lot of those dudes like that in Chaos. Really should look into joining those chaps.

Plus I hear they love our exterminatus mind set

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Shadeoses posted:

What would happen if Ohone went obviously insane/evil without having anything to do with Chaos, like getting into xeno technology or tyranid body-modding?

She'd still be an Inquisitor, just a radical one. If certain lines were crossed, we'd end up in Siadwell's position.

Edit:

V I guess that depends on if we stand to gain anything from blowing the planet up regardless. Rogue trader tends to run on hive top stealing audacity and right now we're crusading for Athena, so the stakes are way higher than normal. Is there some way where we can arrange for blowing up the planet to benefit us whether or not there's a demon?

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 31, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I mean, maybe it's just me, but I kinda think we should actually make sure something bad is actually loose on this planet before we condemn it to oblivion? For all we know, the demon has escaped off-planet. Or maybe it hasn't gone to ground yet.

Doing the barest amount of due diligence might be a "half-measure", though!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Shadeoses posted:

Hate to break it to you, but we've had Stryxis implants since way back in the early bits of the story.

As for the current argument, Stop jumping straight to exterminatus. Even the Istvaan would consider it stupid and wasteful, and they engineer large scale wars on principle.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hobnob

“Ask about their interior decorator.”
You turned and stared at Fabiyan. “What?”
He gestured. “All the furnishings, and the gilding. It’s got style.”
“When have you ever cared about that?”
“Well, we are renovating the Alpha Deck. Removing the nerve gas pods…”
“Which I still don’t like…”
“And making it presentable.”
“It was presentable.”
“If you wore an NBC suit full time.”
“We both do.”
“Yes, we do, but you have obligations. We can’t meet every fop and governor as if it’s a warzone.”
“The Imperium is a war zone, they just forget that.”
He switched tactics. “Their war is one of politics...”
“It’s stupid...”
“And we need to prepare for their battlefield.”
That caught your attention. “How you figure?”
“Make it seem like you are one of them. Play to your strengths. We can afford to make the Alpha Deck look presentable, let’s ease them in, then slip the knife.”
“Oh, good. I was worried this planet had infected you.”
“Well, the color scheme is quite nice…”
“Fabiyan.”
He did that almost smile that you loved, then nodded at someone approaching. “Ah, a friend.”

You glanced over. “Who is this?” A guardsman in dress regalia, with more medals than cloth.
“May I have the honor of presenting Lord-General von Stählernfels? My wife, Magos Lord-Sire Ohone.”
The general laughed loudly, rushed Fabiyan in a hug. “Fabiyan, you old bastard! I see the Ministorum got around to finding you a wife! How have you been?”
“Just left Golgotha, and you?”
He chuckled. “Oh, I heard about that one. Nice work, by the way. We were next door, at The Tomb. Jungle as far as the eye can see.”
“Just like our time at Morgan.” The Lord-General laughed again. “I forgot about that one! My, it’s been a long time. It’s good to see you, Fabiyan.”
“And you as well. What are you doing here?”
He waved dismissively. “Introducing my grandson to the movers and shakers. Another deployment, and he just picked up his wings.”
“Send him our way, we’ll take care of him.”
“Splendid, splendid. Good luck out there, the party’s in full swing tonite.” He met your eyes. “And you’ll be fighting off the ladies with a fork, Fabiyan has been the eligible bachelor here for decades.”
You spread your mechadendrites. “I’m sure they won’t be a problem.”
Again, that loud laugh. “Well said!” He bowed to both of you, and then was lost in the crowds.

“The eligible bachelor, Fabiyan?”
He shrugged. “They like the strong silent type.”
“You’ve done nothing but talk since you got here.”
“You bring it out in me, I suppose.”
You narrowed your eyes at him. “I’m sure.”

“So, what are we doing here?”
“Don’t think I didn’t notice you changing the subject. We’re investigating rumors.”
“It’s a good reason I’m talking to people then, don’t you think?” His tone was playful.
“Please. A sensor scan could do the work of a hundred conversations.”
“Mm. What have you found?”
“Nothing yet. It’s a big place.”
“Which brings us back to the conversations.”
“You just like people bringing you drinks.”
“The company isn’t bad.”
“You prefer the Krieg and you know it.”
“I meant you.”
You smiled at him. “Point to you.”

You gave him a quick kiss while no one was looking. “So, any interesting leads?”
“Well, there is a zeppelin that tours the island-shrines. One strategy might be to sabotage that in order to conceal whatever they had planned.”
“Okay. What else?”
“Our mutual friend Lynwood said she was organizing something. She wants to wait a bit until people are more drunk, and then one of her cat’s paws are going to go an adventure into the basement. Plan is, we’ll tag along and then break of.”
“Wait, why is she telling you the plan? I thought I was in on the plan.”
“You were assaulting that servitor.”
“He was rude.”
“He wasn’t even a servitor! He was some dreg dressed up as one!”
“Yeah, that’s the fashion right now. They don’t want to use actual servitors because they can be hacked, so the servants dress up.”
“It was still rude that he didn’t know binary.”
“Is that why you nearly stabbed him?”
“It was a manual integration, I thought it was malfunctioning.”
“Well, know it is.”
“He should have expected a Magos if he was going to dress up.”
“Magi are rather rare on this planet.”
You narrowed your eyes. “And that’s another odd thing.”
“No Magi?”
“Minimal Mechanicus presence.”
“Think of it as an inverse of a Forge-World. It’s predominately for Imperials.”
“Forge-worlds actually do something.”
“So does this.”
“It doesn’t do anything. Just let’s everyone sit around.”
“It does nothing. Big difference.”
“What do you mean?”
“Same as any other gear, you can’t run them forever. They need breaks, required maintenance.”
You looked at him skeptically. “These people need breaks. And not the billion dregs?”
“Well, they have more responsibility. Work harder.”
Someone walked by, then vomited into a potted plant.
“I can see that.”
“Bad example.”
“Yeah, I would say so. So why are we not going there by ourselves?”
“Where?”
“The basement.”
“Oh, right. Idea is, if any enemies are watching, it’s better to fit in a drunken crowd, as opposed to sneak in ourselves.”
“But if they are watching, they are going to see us sneak off at some point anyway.”
He showed his teeth, looking suddenly predatory. “We could go early.”
“We might. Anything else you found?”
“There’s a masquerade tonight.”
“I don’t have a mask.”
“They provide some.”
“I’d rather we just use gas masks.”
“I’m not sure that goes with the theme.”
“When have you ever cared about all this color coordinating?”
He shrugged. “We’re on enemy ground. I want camouflage.”
“Anything else?”
“I haven’t gotten a chance to talk to them yet, but the servants’ quarters usually hear things. Prolly a small city of them here, just behind the scenes.”
You nodded. “Here’s what we’re going to do..”

What do you do?

Loel fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 1, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How easily can we insert a few of our own people to act as servants?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

RandomPauI posted:

How easily can we insert a few of our own people servitors to act as servants dressed as servitors?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like plan Double Secret Servitor.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Plan Sean in addition to whatever else we do.

Disguise a skull as a floating lampshade and send it to the servant's quarters.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Plan Slaan.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Plan Slaan, also lets take the opportunity to go to a nice party before our life is nothing but crusades and whatnot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

How easily can we insert a few of our own people to act as servants?
Seeing as the dressed up servants actually fooled Ohone on a visual level, I don't think it'd be that difficult.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Someone would probably pay good money for a planet-worth of gravel.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I'm in favor of planting servitors and then joining Lynwood after socializing/going to the ball. The above is written in order of priority if we only have time for one or two.

I like the idea of Ohone returning to her roots and being a sneaky talky type. If only for awhile before putting the power armor back on.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

poor life choice posted:

I'm in favor of planting servitors and then joining Lynwood after socializing/going to the ball. The above is written in order of priority if we only have time for one or two.

I like the idea of Ohone returning to her roots and being a sneaky talky type. If only for awhile before putting the power armor back on.

These work for me

Also, is there a good way for us to hide our mechandrites so we look even more human?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

RandomPauI posted:

These work for me

Also, is there a good way for us to hide our mechandrites so we look even more human?

We are a Factor of the Lathes. Magos or not, it's our role and want to look as human as possible.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

RandomPauI posted:

These work for me

What Deadmeat is getting at is that due to our station all of our major visible augmetics are removable with a few hours and some assistance. When completely fitted out for social situations Ohone looks like a lightly augmented human. Covered jack ports in the skin and that sort of thing.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

poor life choice posted:

Sounds like a plan.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

poor life choice posted:

Let's make a poor life choice

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

poor life choice posted:

Yeah this sounds ok.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Did we actually end up bringing any tribunes to this thing?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

paragon1 posted:

I DEMAND that the other Ork (the fancy not-Ork, not the Drusian crusader Ork) gets at least a brief mention on this outing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Yup, I just haven't done the vote count yet to see which ones cuz :effort:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was mostly cat talk so I doubt anyone got more than three votes

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Yup, I just haven't done the vote count yet to see which ones cuz :effort:

Don't think anyone will notice if you grab a few random ones and see what happens.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sullat posted:

Don't think anyone will notice if you grab a few random ones and see what happens.

Voting for Lowell's choice.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Voting for Lowell's choice, and the not-Ork.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

sullat posted:

This seems good.

I think it might cut down on future slapfighting if we just consider the NPCs we created as barebones character concepts given freely. If a suggestion is problematic, annoying or just doesn't fit the story Lowell should have no obligation to work all our Mary Sues/fanfics/funny ideas/good ideas/terrible ideas into the plot.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Voting for Lowell's choice.

This

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Plan Lowell

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Plan Lowell :bandwagon: and the three Eds.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I vote for Plan Lowell to include Devries in some way

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Nyaa posted:

I vote for Plan Lowell to include Devries in some way

Let him dieeee

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Devries is already dead. We took his brain out into the jungle on the ship and had Fabiyan join us in shooting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
what kind of tech priest doesn't make backups