Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

You gotta make sure the demon is down yourself, everything else is half-assing it and you can be sure he's going to come back again, thanks to the ~*~*~Power of Friendship the Warp ~*~*~
Go down, slay the demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm not sure what is going on again. :(

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

I'm not sure what is going on again. :(

Lowell decided he didn't feel like writing a party so everything exploded.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Lowell decided he didn't feel like writing a party so everything exploded.

This is the party :getin:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What happened last time we breach and cleared into what was likely a trap instead of being smart about it?

We don't have our armour, we don't have our weapons and we don't have as good a retinue than the last time we charged headlong into oblivion.

Alpha plus psyker is on the same ball game as the corpse-god, this isn't something we kill in hand to hand.

Lowell: does logis prophecy give us the likelihood of this being a stupid trap or something useful?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 5, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Take a moment to apply Logis Prophecy to both choices

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ralith posted:

Take a moment to apply Logis Prophecy to both choices

This

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Go down, slay the demon, ask people if they know what it was we said in our sleep. Not necessarily in that order.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
We don't really need to worry that calling down an Exterminatus is getting tricked into sacrificing billions of people to fuel Gorgon's ascent to Daemon Princessdom, do we?

Xun posted:

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELDAR IS HUH
"It sounds like what they scream while burning to death."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rockopolis posted:

We don't really need to worry that calling down an Exterminatus is getting tricked into sacrificing billions of people to fuel Gorgon's ascent to Daemon Princessdom, do we?

"It sounds like what they scream while burning to death."

No, but it would sacrifice an Eldar world spirit/whatever is down there to a daemon of Slaanesh which is just as bad and would have the same result. Job one is keeping Abraxus (because Mother is definitely not in the driving seat anymore) away from that thing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

wiegieman posted:

No, but it would sacrifice an Eldar world spirit/whatever is down there to a daemon of Slaanesh which is just as bad and would have the same result. Job one is keeping Abraxus (because Mother is definitely not in the driving seat anymore) away from that thing.

It would kind of own if Mother somehow was the one that did the absorbing and overpowering. Abraxus sidles up to Mother at some space bar and gets psychically shouted down and obliterated by an abominable chorus of psykers. Mother just steps into the daemonic hierarchy in the scorched spot where once a pleasure daemon stood. :black101:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

todays music: rainbow in the dark by dio

Participation

You glanced over at the Sister. “You speak Eldar?”
Her mouth twisted, atonal sounds coming out. A whisper echoed behind them, like old paper rustling. It is useful to know the language of your enemies.
“Do you know what I was saying?”
She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “We must defend the past. Approximately.”
Those who came before...
“Well, that doesn’t help us much here. Let me run the numbers.”
You looked inward, the rivers of binary, algorithms and sacred equations. A simple question; what path was most likely to survive?
Going further into the depths, a confrontation with a mad psyker: certain death.
Attempting to escape: almost certain death.
The machine-spirits wanted to quibble over the involvement of Fabiyan, the level of divine involvement was rather difficult to plan for. Either way, it was almost entirely in the hands of the God-Emperor.
“Okay. Fabiyan, how Faithful are you feeling today?”
His face tightened in what might have been called a smile. “Rather, I would hope.”
“Right. So, it’s almost certain death either way. I have to ask myself, which would the God-Emperor want us to do?”
Glances all around. All professionals. That somber expression of fatalism and exhaustion. “Attempt to stop the abomination.”
“So that’s what we’re going to do.”
He met your eyes. “You remember the last time.”
You reached out, squeezed his hand. “If anyone could do it, it’s us.” You nodded to yourself, checked around you. Everyone still going strong.
“Okay, so. I think Gorgon is trying to do something with the Eldar vault. I’m not sure how to interfere yet, whether it is open it first or attempt to destroy it, but I do intend to find out. We’re facing an Alpha-plus and Warp incursion, so this is entirely in the hands of the God-Emperor. Have we encountered any friendlies so far?”
Shaking heads. “Right. So, same as before, kill them before they see us. Collect any ammo or grenades, let’s move with a quickness. You all know what to do.”

Did it bother you, or Fabiyan, or any of them? There were dozens of people down here, hiding behind doors or under furniture. Laying in wait to attack? Or trying to survive the apocalypse? Either way, shrapnel cut them down, tore them to ribbons. How would you even know if they were clean of possession? They acted the same way regardless - terrified, followed by mortally injured.

Explosives were necessary - the bodies could be animated, puppet-like, rising from the ground to claw at your feet. They needed to be turned into so many slabs of meat and strings of sinew. You walked through piles of flesh, and remembered the battle against the Magos, all those weeks ago. In some ways, you regretted visiting a paradise world at all - it made you soft. If you were still in armor, still resistant to this, perhaps it would hurt you less.

Finding the few survivors, and killing them preemptively. And so it goes.

-

Any particular area you want to look for? Its a city down here, built around the Eldar vault.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

todays music: rainbow in the dark by dio

Participation

You glanced over at the Sister. “You speak Eldar?”
Her mouth twisted, atonal sounds coming out. A whisper echoed behind them, like old paper rustling. It is useful to know the language of your enemies.
“Do you know what I was saying?”
She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “We must defend the past. Approximately.”
Those who came before...
“Well, that doesn’t help us much here. Let me run the numbers.”
You looked inward, the rivers of binary, algorithms and sacred equations. A simple question; what path was most likely to survive?
Going further into the depths, a confrontation with a mad psyker: certain death.
Attempting to escape: almost certain death.
The machine-spirits wanted to quibble over the involvement of Fabiyan, the level of divine involvement was rather difficult to plan for. Either way, it was almost entirely in the hands of the God-Emperor.
“Okay. Fabiyan, how Faithful are you feeling today?”
His face tightened in what might have been called a smile. “Rather, I would hope.”
“Right. So, it’s almost certain death either way. I have to ask myself, which would the God-Emperor want us to do?”
Glances all around. All professionals. That somber expression of fatalism and exhaustion. “Attempt to stop the abomination.”
“So that’s what we’re going to do.”
He met your eyes. “You remember the last time.”
You reached out, squeezed his hand. “If anyone could do it, it’s us.” You nodded to yourself, checked around you. Everyone still going strong.
“Okay, so. I think Gorgon is trying to do something with the Eldar vault. I’m not sure how to interfere yet, whether it is open it first or attempt to destroy it, but I do intend to find out. We’re facing an Alpha-plus and Warp incursion, so this is entirely in the hands of the God-Emperor. Have we encountered any friendlies so far?”
Shaking heads. “Right. So, same as before, kill them before they see us. Collect any ammo or grenades, let’s move with a quickness. You all know what to do.”

Did it bother you, or Fabiyan, or any of them? There were dozens of people down here, hiding behind doors or under furniture. Laying in wait to attack? Or trying to survive the apocalypse? Either way, shrapnel cut them down, tore them to ribbons. How would you even know if they were clean of possession? They acted the same way regardless - terrified, followed by mortally injured.

Explosives were necessary - the bodies could be animated, puppet-like, rising from the ground to claw at your feet. They needed to be turned into so many slabs of meat and strings of sinew. You walked through piles of flesh, and remembered the battle against the Magos, all those weeks ago. In some ways, you regretted visiting a paradise world at all - it made you soft. If you were still in armor, still resistant to this, perhaps it would hurt you less.

Finding the few survivors, and killing them preemptively. And so it goes.

-

Any particular area you want to look for? Its a city down here, built around the Eldar vault.

Atmospherics/central control. If we can hack it, we can save ammo for when we'll need it. Plus if we can just melt the place upon itself, that's a big plus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Eldar vault? Look for Eldar Bank.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Find the Armory

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Grognan posted:

Find the Armory

Oh my god this. A whole Armoury* of Eldar stuff? $$$$

*Superfluous British 'u' added.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In the words of the Orkish enemies, "We needz more dakka"

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
We gonna travel back in time and trap Abraxus in a xenotech terraforming engine so hard.

Buhhh uhhh I have little in the idea of suggestions. Eldar weaponry sounds good, maybe use the ~*~dream voices~*~ in our head to track down something anti-Slaanesh? We're flying blind. I don't know if it's lazy to want to throw a bunch of lore/huge brain skill checks at this situation and see if we can come up with suggestions for what to do, but that's what I want to do.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Nyaa posted:

Eldar vault? Look for Eldar Bank.
Cook Eldar Meth

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

RandomPauI posted:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Armory

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

RandomPauI posted:

Yup

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
MOR' DAKKA. MOR' SHOOTA'

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

And so it goes.

I really hope we don't end up unstuck in time again. We already have enough insanity points I think.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

paragon1 posted:

I really hope we don't end up unstuck in time again. We already have enough insanity points I think.

We've been buying them down otherwise we'd have a new character already.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

poor life choice posted:

We gonna travel back in time and trap Abraxus in a xenotech terraforming engine so hard.

That would be amazing. But yeah, voting armory first.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

We've been buying them down otherwise we'd have a new character already be playing Black Crusade.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

We've been "buying them down" but otherwise playing as though this is Black Crusade.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

LowellDND posted:

Black Crusade

Really? I thought you busted out the BC book when you hit 100 Corruption and you flat out die at 100 Insanity?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What you need to realize is that rulebooks are more like guideline books.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Really? I thought you busted out the BC book when you hit 100 Corruption and you flat out die at 100 Insanity?

Technically, but like paragon said, we've gone quite a ways beyond the text as written.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Find the armoury, lock and load out with all the xeno tech we can. Utilize our Eldar blood if necessary /possible.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

sniper4625 posted:

Technically, but like paragon said, we've gone quite a ways beyond the text as written.

In terms of her actions it's a little hard to tell the difference between full crazy Ohone and goon-driven Ohone, anyways.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tomn posted:

In terms of her actions it's a little hard to tell the difference between full crazy Ohone and goon-driven Ohone, anyways.

Right after the nuke was a pretty clear difference...although goons quickly adapted and incorporated the supposedly temporary insanity into the character as a permanent addition.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
So, we get to the armory, and what's there? Some popguns, maybe a certifiably fancy elven pigsticker? Let's find the reactor core and set it to blow. Dunno what the Eldar use for power, but it probably goes boom almost as well as anything else. That should take care of things. And this place will be covered in twee radiation for generations to come.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Check for local cogitator banks. Maybe we can glean more information about wtf is going on and where the things we need are.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Voting for the armory as well and also to bust out the Rosarius as well. If the majority of the party are going to die against a daemon-psyker abomination then their faith in the Emperor and in doing his work will act as a great and literal shield.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ouf, spent the entire day in the waiting room of a hospital while my buddy got his hernia fixed in surgery. He's fine, and I got some more outlining done.

New post hopefully this week.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Eek, I hope he has a swift recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Todays music: Chaos without Prophecy by Dimmu Borgir

Permutations and Sublimation

Even from here, you could feel the vibrations in the air - crackling psychic energy, static before the storm. Ahead of you, below you, the thousand structures of the ocombë, the dwelling places. They had changed since the last time you had been here, worn down by the passing of years, desecrated by the animals who had made this place their den.

And yet, and yet. There was a beauty to the place, the central structures that formed the place still speaking to the beauty of the bone-singers, those who had crafted it so long ago. You had known some of them, before the end of things, before the long night that had been cast down upon you. Too many of them had suffered the same long passing of years - a slow decay, a slow erosion.

The farseers had asked this of you, a premature exile, an enduring isolation. And you had accepted, millenia adrift, millennia in silence. Not for you, the slow dying of the Craftworlds - instead, the slow dying on a world of animals, without culture or song. You sometimes had wondered if you had gotten the better end of things - the death echoes of your kin were a distant thing, but no less bitter.

And now you had come here, to the place that was foretold. Centuries and centuries of design, to put you in this time, in this place. A critical moment in the passing of your civilization - a moment that could push the extinction back that much further. And if you failed, a civilization not worth contemplating; an eternal darkness, of metalline boots and omnicidal annihilation. You could not fail here, and so you rode your host, pushing her ever onwards.

-

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 13, 2015