Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

Around you, millions - billions - of computer programs, infinitely copying themselves, orbiting the Eye. The base unit of force, beyond even ships or troops, they were hunger and violence in their most pure form. Binary angels of death.

take these

LowellDND posted:

Beneath the baleful gaze, the souls of the xeno. Tens of thousands of them, staring into the hunger that was She Who Thirsts. They weren’t terrified - instead, they had a mien of stoic resignation. If they weren’t safe in the Infinity Circuit, where could they be? In the forefront, a few hundreds - Exarchs. Each with millenia of experience, dedicated to war, cultists of the Eldar God of Death.

and these

LowellDND posted:

In the sky, layered beyond and somehow behind your binary swarms - a galaxy of souls.

to rescue these

LowellDND posted:

a laughing face the size of worlds. Gorgon’s eyes were fevered stars, and its gnashing teeth were mountains.

from this

LowellDND posted:

What do you do?

By punching a loving hole from inside its mind-gullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

poor life choice posted:

take these

and these

to rescue these

from this

By punching a loving hole from inside its mind-gullet.

I'm gonna agree with poor life choice

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Not sure what else we can do with a million eldar soul... fuse them into eldar god?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Nyaa posted:

Not sure what else we can do with a million eldar soul... fuse them into eldar god?

Well, a shard of Khaine is right there ;)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I spent a couple minutes trying to find the last scene of FernGully on YouTube, on my phone, at work. I am an adult.

Anyway, do that!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

LowellDND posted:

Well, a shard of Khaine is right there ;)

Yeah, we probably don't have enough Eldar souls here in this Infinity Circuit to form Ynnead, but we can use them to fuel the Young King and his Avatar...

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
USE ALL THE ELDAR SOULS TO MAKE ULTRA KHAINE
SPEAK IN ALL-CAPS SINCE THIS poo poo IS GONNA BE LOUD
DOWNLOAD HUSBANDO'S SOUL TO OURS

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

There Bias Two posted:

I'm gonna agree with poor life choice

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

VanSandman posted:

USE ALL THE ELDAR SOULS TO MAKE ULTRA KHAINE
SPEAK IN ALL-CAPS SINCE THIS poo poo IS GONNA BE LOUD
DOWNLOAD HUSBANDO'S SOUL TO OURS

Let's not do that. Let's use the assets that we have... After all, they are expendable xeno souls, but I don't want the Eldar to ressurect their dead god. There's only room for one ressurected dead god in this universe, and he's waiting patiently on the Golden Throne. Corrupt the souls with viruses and feed them to the Gorgon.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Dedicate all souls to the corpse-god on his throne

shoot ourselves in the head while yelling EL

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

sullat posted:

Let's not do that. Let's use the assets that we have... After all, they are expendable xeno souls, but I don't want the Eldar to ressurect their dead god. There's only room for one ressurected dead god in this universe, and he's waiting patiently on the Golden Throne. Corrupt the souls with viruses and feed them to the Gorgon.

I like this but I feel like we could get the Eldar to sign up for it. Kamikaze soulstones vs. involuntary weapons. Maybe that's what you meant, but I got hung up on the word "corrupt." The handful of ancient warrior spirits seem like they could maybe coordinate swarms of spirits to do... Things.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

poor life choice posted:

I like this but I feel like we could get the Eldar to sign up for it. Kamikaze soulstones vs. involuntary weapons. Maybe that's what you meant, but I got hung up on the word "corrupt." The handful of ancient warrior spirits seem like they could maybe coordinate swarms of spirits to do... Things.

As long as the "choice" we give them is the same one I give my toddler. Do you want to kamikaze the existential horror with your stuffed bear or your stuffed giraffe? I mean, go to bed?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Todays music: Metallica’s Thing that Should Not Be

Half a league, half a league

Was the maw floating in the sky? No, it was a vast pit, an abyss, and you were falling towards it. Tendrils of psyker energy twisted and curled, kilometers long, battered to and fro by the vast armies you had conjured out of nothing. Beside you, around you, an entire city of the Eldar, bent to your will. You had told them to protect the souls, and so they would, battling Gorgon on its own territory.

Prior to this, Gorgon had been devouring souls in a steady stream, always just enough that they could be digested. Your city fell on the maw as a sledgehammer, smashing teeth, forcing open the metaphorical throat. The Eldar were bent to one will, yours, and you demanded their strength in your struggle with this abomination.

Long did you fall. Color vanished, simply a sheen of black. The void of stars? The emptiness of a digestive track? Who could say. You heard the crunching and squishing noises as the souls ahead of you were broken down into emotions, dreams, separated from anything composed of an identity. You could feel the walls around you attempt the same, only your unity of will kept them away. An army of Eldar, forming a legion of locked shield walls. Not for you, the loss of thought, of memories.

Sudden brightness. Too bright, a gaudy and saturated technicolor, unpleasant to even look at. You covered your eyes with your arm, and almost thought you could see the bones through the skin. Everything was too bright here, too real, and the smell was overpowering. It brought back lingering memories, of your first encounter with Mother - deep below the earth.

An army of Eldar at your back, slowly spreading out along the road that wrapped the city of Subsix. They seemed muted, dull - black and white images badly drawn in the real world. This place felt - was - more real than anything you encountered in your day to day life, and every sense was overwhelmed by it.

What do you do?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Seal every tunnel, destroy every machine. Bury her mind in the imagined rubble of the memory. Cut off the light of the astronomicon. Replace it with a horrific golden face. This is Mother's memory. She's understandably fixated on her long imprisonment. However, if we're here then perhaps we can alter it. Make it a mocking statement of the new prison of her own choosing. Ideally we'll cause a bit of division between the ranks, though we'll settle for simply making her angry enough to confront us.

Tran fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 19, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Tran posted:

Seal every tunnel, destroy every machine. Bury her mind in the imagined rubble of the memory. Cut off the light of the astronomicon. Replace it with a horrific golden face. This is Mother's memory. She's understandably fixated on her long imprisonment. However, if we're here then perhaps we can alter it. Make it a mocking statement of her the new prison of her own choosing. Ideally we'll cause a bit of division between the ranks, though we'll settle for simply making her angry enough to confront us.

Sounds just fine.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Plan Tran

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran posted:

Seal every tunnel, destroy every machine. Bury her mind in the imagined rubble of the memory. Cut off the light of the astronomicon. Replace it with a horrific golden face. This is Mother's memory. She's understandably fixated on her long imprisonment. However, if we're here then perhaps we can alter it. Make it a mocking statement of her the new prison of her own choosing. Ideally we'll cause a bit of division between the ranks, though we'll settle for simply making her angry enough to confront us.

I don't think we have world-altering power here. If you mean deface and wreck things as we march on Mother's prison/psyche/mind/heart/whatever, I'm down. But this isn't our turf, and I don't think we get shape the playing field anymore.

Whatever we do, I think we should do it quickly. "They seemed muted, dull - black and white images badly drawn in the real world. This place felt - was - more real than anything you encountered in your day to day life, and every sense was overwhelmed by it" doesn't read to me like there is a lot of time to play with.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Dedicate all souls to the corpse-god on his throne

shoot ourselves in the head while yelling EL

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tran posted:

Seal every tunnel, destroy every machine. Bury her mind in the imagined rubble of the memory. Cut off the light of the astronomicon. Replace it with a horrific golden face. This is Mother's memory. She's understandably fixated on her long imprisonment. However, if we're here then perhaps we can alter it. Make it a mocking statement of the new prison of her own choosing. Ideally we'll cause a bit of division between the ranks, though we'll settle for simply making her angry enough to confront us.

That is some harsh poo poo Tran. Bravo. Plan Tran

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Set it on fire.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

i was thinking of making a new eldar god that we can have some control or with same agenda.

Anyway, overwhelm this place with positive memories of your armies of eldar. Redecorate it to be a pretty and nice place. :sparkles:

if this is mother's memory, then we are making it :cosmic2day:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 19, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Destruction, and resurrection

By your will, the machines were cast down. You knew that the memories of this place had last for thousands of years, and they were etched indelibly on the mind of the person you had known as Mother. The recyclers, processors, lights and water treatment pipes were torn apart by Eldar with grim faces - pale shadows in a world of too much color.

Your line of troops were like carpenter ants, destroying everything in its path. Houses were turned to rubble, machines turned to debris, and all the remnants stomped into the dust. As you approached the center of the city, things began to become more surreal, more macabre. The tiles of the street were Eldar faces, horrifically still alive. The walls of the buildings were stretched thin with the bodies of Subsixers. And still your army attempted their deconstruction, even if they wept bitter tears to do it.

It was hard to tell how much time had passed, in this place, but at some point you heard a gong. It vibrated through the air, like a sonar ping in deep water, and all paused to hear it. You and the Exarchs prepared your weapons, looking about for some enemy, and you saw one. A single human, small in stature, walking down the road without a care in the world.

Tanya.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Tanya's dead. Shoot her.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nyaa posted:

i was thinking of making a new eldar god that we can have some control or with same agenda.

That's what my reference to Ynnead was about, since they're the nascent Eldar God of the dead, which is what a bunch of the Craftworld Eldar are working towards with their soulstones and Infinity Circuits. Since almost all the Eldar gods are dead, killed in the War in Heaven or when they birthed Slannesh, the Craftworld Eldar want to create an Eldar god of the dead that can challenge Slannesh on her own terms and win, reversing the Eldar's slide into mortality and setting up their end game win condition.

We don't have nearly enough Eldar souls to do that here though.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 19, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

shoot this low level mind game

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

GhostStalker posted:

That's what my reference to Ynnead...We don't have nearly enough Eldar souls to do that here though.
Can we make a few eldar psyker to do the galaxy wide message again, but this time telling all eldar to sacrifice themselves to make this happen?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

With a slightly choking voice say:
"I'm sorry Tanya, but you're dead"
Then shoot this abomination of her memory dead

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Sorry Tanya but it was a blast. " Shoot and move.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Can we make a few eldar psyker to do the galaxy wide message again, but this time telling all eldar to sacrifice themselves to make this happen?

I don't think it works like that, you'd need a lot more Eldar souls and Infinity Circuits in the same place to do so.

Besides, why would the entirety of the Craftworld Eldar sacrifice themselves to help out a bunch of Mon'keigh, in a ritual not overseen by their Farseers and might not form Ynnead anyway, and if it did, leave them under the control of Ohone?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 19, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

The dead should stay dead

You closed your eyes briefly. Tanya - and a dozen others of your closest friends - had died at Footfall. Your fault. That Gorgon was using a memory of her to torment you … well, it would pay dearly for the presumption. You raised your implanted hellgun, fired. The plasma blast shot across the courtyard, taking Tanya in the chest, knocking her down like a ragdoll. A hole the size of your fist smoked on her back. You took a deep breath. How many friends had died because of you?

And then she stood. Of course. Probably one of the walking dead Gorgon was so fond of. You raised your hellgun again, and Tanya raised her hand, palm towards you. “General, a word.” She was smiling slightly, that familiar confidence that you remembered from the elevator shaft. You held your fire for a moment. “You are dead. An illusion.”

“Dead, yes. An illusion, no. This is a place of souls, is it not?”
“Human souls go to the God-Emperor on Terra, unless they are cultists of the Great Enemy.”
“In most cases, yes. But I - and the Subsixers - worshipped Mother all our lives. When we died, and she had risen out of the depths, where do you think our souls went?”
“So you are really Tanya.” You said skeptically.
“Indeed I am. And Mother would like to discuss terms with you. Unless you would like to continue destroying the neighborhood, of course.”
“I don’t make deals with the Great Enemy.”
“We aren’t asking you to.”
“You are possessed by a daemon.”
Her eyes flickered gold. “Ah, there you are wrong. We are the ones doing the possessing.”
If anything, your tone became more skeptical. “You possessed a daemon.”
“Yup. Such an eager young thing, so eager for revenge. And when it came to us, thinking to gain a psyker-host, we gobbled it right up. It wasn’t expecting a fight, and we have eaten many psykers over the years.”
“That is literally unbelievable, but sure. What terms do you plan to offer, and then get turned down?”
“Well, firstly, we would like to offer you Tanya’s soul. We can put it in any body you find convenient, either the empty memetic hosts, or if you like, one of the Sisters. It doesn’t really matter.”
“Uh huh. Why would you give up a soul? You eat them.”
“A show of good faith. While we won’t claim to be allies, we aren’t enemies. You released us from the cage, and we have your friend here.”
“I’ve found that making deals that I can’t enforce doesn’t end well.”
“Ah yes, your conversation with Anastasia. An interesting specimen. Consider this, instead. Have we ever lied to you, betrayed you? Done anything to harm your Family’s interests? We even destroyed a rival for you.”
“Yeah, I saw that. You created a memetic hazard, nearly destroyed Golgotha.”
Tanya laughed. “As if your message to Terra won’t.”

What do you do?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

dog kisser posted:

Tanya's dead. Shoot her.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dog kisser posted:

Tanya's dead. Shoot her.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

What a depressingly transparent ploy. Only in death does duty end.

Shoot her.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

dog kisser posted:

Tanya's dead. Shoot her.

We have new minions now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
"I don't believe you. Prove it. Kill Abraxus, eject it. Strike it own and banish it."

For the record I wanted to recruit mother back in the day.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Free Tanya, shoot her.

Perhaps this time she'll make her way to the Golden Throne, as is proper. Even nonexistence would be better than Mother's afterlife.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
" Gold Eyes betray your lies. Temptation, Abraxus, only works on the wanting. We are fulfilled by His light. Suffer not the heretic to live, the mutant, the psyker. Pray for the Emperor's forgiveness abomination. Now burn."

Then double the efforts to destroy this place, focus all our mental thoughts and by extension our army's on the food vat. A swirling pot not of chaos but of burning and cleansing bleach. This is our territory now.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
If this is Mother's memory... shouldn't there be a Psyder somewhere? This was the one thing keeping her trapped, if you recall. Let's find the memory-Psyder and get knitting. Fight Mother with her own nightmare, made real in sacred binary.

Also, if we encounter any Subsixers' souls that have been taken here as part of Mother's psyche, didn't she technically tell them to be loyal to us? They should turn on her based on her own orders. Just a thought.

e: To clarify, if we find Tanya here, we should also rescue her soul. Just on principle. :)
ee: To further clarify, I'd missed that last post before posting. I'm gonna say we seek out the Psyder still, and make a net of web to drag the souls out of Mother's mind. Then suffer not the heretic, the xeno, the psyker to live. That said, good on them possessing our oldest foe! Makes it easier to kill them both.

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 19, 2015

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

mepstein73 posted:

If this is Mother's memory... shouldn't there be a Psyder somewhere? This was the one thing keeping her trapped, if you recall. Let's find the memory-Psyder and get knitting. Fight Mother with her own nightmare, made real in sacred binary.
Good point, I'll support it. Maybe see if we can control it first?
We should see if our control over this un-reality is strong enough that we could wrest Tanya's soul from Gorgon and store it in the Soulstone, but above all we should make no deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

GhostStalker posted:

I don't think it works like that, you'd need a lot more Eldar souls and Infinity Circuits in the same place to do so.

Besides, why would the entirety of the Craftworld Eldar sacrifice themselves to help out a bunch of Mon'keigh, in a ritual not overseen by their Farseers and might not form Ynnead anyway, and if it did, leave them under the control of Ohone?
Can we take advantage of the time travel properties of the wetway to connect all eldar soul and infinity circuits of the past (and future if necessary), and funnel them all to help with that god ritual they were doing?

if we have a farseer in our army or can communicate with one in the past, we might be able to work out a equivalent of Eldar Emperor for them.