Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I no longer really know what's happening, but even in a realm of imagination and potential I can't imagine "No, actually, the bad thing is not a bad thing, it is ACTUALLY a good thing!" will work quite the way we hope it will.

loving Warp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Tomn posted:

I no longer really know what's happening, but even in a realm of imagination and potential I can't imagine "No, actually, the bad thing is not a bad thing, it is ACTUALLY a good thing!" will work quite the way we hope it will.

loving Warp.

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am! :D

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am! :D

I've thought on it and

LowellDND posted:

Memory and Desire, stirring

It was such a simple thing, really. You could see - feel the sleepy binary arising out of the machine-consoles, like the breath of living things. It was the pulse in your veins, the song of your heart. You reached out to it, a composer with her art, and the binary came to you. Information from long ago, battle plans, maps of cities. None of them matched what was outside.

You briefly wondered why your brain had chosen these images, this millennia old war, but the thought faded away, just like all the others. It was hard to focus, in this place, but then why would you want to? It was better to focus on the code, forever, and leave your emotions - your grief and loss and fear - outside in the Wastelands.

An old war, all the cities of the earth attacking one stronghold. You were far away from there, you thought, but it seemed to have a certain significance to it. A … meaning, that rang in your soul like an old bell. You felt a desire to go there, to see it… but then your mind considered the source of the compulsion, and considered throwing it away. To give in, or to shy away?

Was probably the warp laying siege to Fabiyan. Or us. These scenarios are metaphors, not traps. Metaphors can still be dangerous. I don't have a vote.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

poor life choice posted:

Was probably the warp laying siege to Fabiyan. Or us. These scenarios are metaphors, not traps. Metaphors can still be dangerous. I don't have a vote.

I thought it was Golgotha, actually. We did just call the entire Imperium down on it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tomn posted:

I thought it was Golgotha, actually. We did just call the entire Imperium down on it.

:shrug: We either won't ever know or will find out later so I'm not stressing about it. The language of it seemed to appeal to emotion rather than logic, nostalgia over future acts. Plus the word choice felt right to me - old war, old bell, old soldier? The way it's written also kind of makes it seem like it might have been a window into what landed us here/made the warp-world what it is today.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

From the description so far, I'd assume we are in the Formless Wastes, since those can be affected by the minds of mortals as per the lexicanum article, it's possible that we may be watching the battle as it is unfolding from within the Warp.
Due to this I'd say that we should attempt to identify what is caused by Fabiyan and support him wherever possible.
I think we shouldn't aim for anything permanent at this point, iirc one of the defining traits of the Warp is how it corrupts everything, so a permanent Krieg presence does not seem wise without more planning to warp-proof it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Has Exorcised already been applied due to the fate point expenditure scene or is the possession still on the way?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

Has Exorcised already been applied due to the fate point expenditure scene or is the possession still on the way?

Now isn't that a fun question :D

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

sheep-dodger posted:

From the description so far, I'd assume we are in the Formless Wastes, since those can be affected by the minds of mortals as per the lexicanum article, it's possible that we may be watching the battle as it is unfolding from within the Warp.
Due to this I'd say that we should attempt to identify what is caused by Fabiyan and support him wherever possible.
I think we shouldn't aim for anything permanent at this point, iirc one of the defining traits of the Warp is how it corrupts everything, so a permanent Krieg presence does not seem wise without more planning to warp-proof it.

The Formless Waste had the Forge of Souls in it. If we can find that, we can have our very own 100% loyal demon engine! Let's get ourselves a Brass Scorpion!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Tomn posted:

Agreed. The Warp extends into the past and future as well, right? Maybe we're just on Golgotha a thousand years after the fleets arrive, and the planet has been ruined by war. Maybe they won; it really doesn't matter if they did or didn't, but what does matter is, what can we learn from the past here?

My vote is to Collect data. Whether intelligible or not, we need more data. We've already done futurefuckery with Eldar-Self (speaking of which, how pointy are our ears looking today after that big ol' Eldar soul buffet?), so I would suggest trying to learn from the past-- all of it.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Perform a Heroquest

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Seconding data collection. Always Be Recording and Processing

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rockopolis posted:

Perform a Heroquest

I was gonna say wrong thread, but that's pretty much what's happening.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

Perform a Heroquest

Ohone Heals the Scars

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I was thinking, could we ever get to the point where we can perform 40K brain surgery on ourselves to lower that there insanity? Seems like an effective, reasonable route to double down on eliminate mental health issues.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
So we upload our brain into a servo-skull. As the servo-skull remotely use our mechadendrites to perform surgery on our own brain. Then wake up, destroy the servoskull and reenact the closing scenes from 'Flowers for Algernon'.

+1 vote if we do it while we're in the warp.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
+1 hero quest

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tibbeh posted:

+1 hero quest

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Tomn posted:

Ohone Heals the Scars
Ohone Finds the Truth

Fashion a prosthetic beard for yourself.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Im not quite clear on this vote... >_>

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ohone goes on and inward pointing vision quest and finds out the truth about her father

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

LowellDND posted:

Im not quite clear on this vote... >_>

Does this song help you understand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8znvfYbow

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Vavrek posted:

Does this song help you understand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8znvfYbow

Even less so.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Just let this personal warp overtake us

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
birdhouse in your soul would've been a better pick

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm also not understanding what is going on. Destroy everything that doesn't look like Fabian until the warp spits us out like an undigestible pit.

vv: I mean just methodically lash out and destroy everything around us without rhyme or reason. Lets see birdbrain's plans come to fruition when we're behaving as randomly destructive as we can.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 27, 2015

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Destroy the warp??

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Arkanomen posted:

birdhouse in your soul would've been a better pick

Prosthetic beard, prosthetic forehead, same difference.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Vavrek posted:

Prosthetic beard, prosthetic forehead, same difference.

Tzeneech is our only friend
I'm not your only friend
But I'm a little glowing friend
But really I'm not actually your friend

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think this song will explain what the thread wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrSTBJDFYk

If you still have questions ask me in IRC.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

think and analyze
JT
sheep-dodger
mepstein
outrail
ark

perform heroquest
rockopolis
tomn
tibbeh
deadmeat

fortify beachhead
Waci
paragon
vavrek

auto-brain surgery
PLC
outrail

destroy everything
outrail
hot dog

Ill see what I can do.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

LowellDND posted:

think and analyze
JT
sheep-dodger
mepstein
outrail
ark

perform heroquest
rockopolis
tomn
tibbeh
deadmeat

fortify beachhead
Waci
paragon
vavrek

auto-brain surgery
PLC
outrail

destroy everything
outrail
hot dog

Ill see what I can do.

nthing think and analyze

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I am The Decider! I have the Power!

And Lord Tzeench, Praise Him, demands I abstain! Mwahahahaha!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Heroquest

Emperor willing this won't doom LowellDND like it doomed Sniper.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I think rolling awareness and psynicience(if we have out yet ) checks would be a wonderful interim middle step. There's been a full page of "I can't tell what's going on"

Info, then actions. Try to react less.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

Heroquest

Link me to the thread? :getin:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Volmarias posted:

Heroquest

Heroquest!

Lhankor Mhy willing, we'll come out of this with knowledge and not cows.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LowellDND posted:

Link me to the thread? :getin:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586965

Thread is now gassed.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Music: 1000 Flamen by Eisbrecher

Earth in forgetful snow, feeding

Even as your (irradiated, synthetic) skin crawled at the sight of this… perversion, your mind was working through it. It was a grotesquerie of tech-heresies, splitting and eventually destroying the Sacred Soul that the God-Emperor had granted to all humans, and that was given away at their peril. The results of this abomination had always been clear - corruption of the human form, blasphemies of the human mind.

But… what was it doing here? Was this some outpost of the Dark Mechanicus, a place where more horrors could be spawned for their heretical rebellion against the Omnissiah? You didn’t think you had been noticed yet - or, at least, they hadn’t responded, although you had a moment of self-chastisement. It had been risky to show yourself as such a pillar of iron will, and you could feel Sincera’s eyes watching you. Come to think of it, perhaps she was a daemon as well, some little homunculus meant to sway you.

Perhaps this place was echoes of your own mind, but why would your subconscious summon… this vileness? When you had envisioned an army, it was the Parade Decks of Golgotha, with the millions of Krieg and Nallani. This place… this was a cavern, a hidden realm, where unforgivable acts were consummated. You considered the matter, and nodded yourself. You needed more information.

Even without all of your gear, it was easy enough to hack your way into the machines. You were a Magos, after all, and the paltry things displayed before you were half your skill at best. You briefly wondered why you had envisioned such paltry followers, then dismissed it. An edit to the codes, the routes, the schedules… and a Tech-Priest began walking to your platform without knowing better. What do you want to do with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Hack, take all the knowledge, make it forget we were here. Then decide what to do after processing additional data.