Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Seconded. Motion passed.

No shooting eldar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

:f5: :munch:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

Day 12
Current 20,999
Total Goal: 20,000

Hera

She appeared full form, in human form and stance - but there was absolutely nothing human about her eyes. She looked utterly mad, alien, a god of things that should not be. Her gear was not the soothing ancient space-gear of Athena, instead the clothes of a wanderer, a vicious fighter, a survivor. You could see layered scars, burns and lacerations. What could scar a god?

Or what would make a god present themselves as scarred?

Hera glanced about her, at the Iron Hands, you. They were already kneeling, and you were tempted to follow.

“This won’t do.” Her voice was caustic, acid. Rage and contempt in equal measure. The world faded around you even as she gestured, colors melting away, returning you to the deck you had left. The formations of troops you had left behind, the strange door that was now closed. The Iron Hands, you, and her Avatar appeared as if out of thin air.

Athena’s voice was pure shock, even as she appeared on the deck as well. “Hera??"

Hera’s voice was a primal scream as she lunged. ”Traitor.”

Oh, shitballs.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
AI FIGHT! AI FIGHT ON THE GODDAM MOON!

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 12, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Day 12
Current 21,188
Total Goal: 20,000

When gods go to war

Her attack was indescribable. Even as a Magos with the best sensors in the Imperium, you couldn’t follow it. The two swords moved at near-relativistic speeds, the sound of their impact one long metal scream. You couldn’t even tell the different impacts apart, only that Athena had grabbed a metal staff out of the air, was blocking every attempt.

They were ignoring your gathered troops like they were smoke, and Hera’s weapons cut through them as if they weren’t there, had never been there. This was not a point of rhetoric - limbs fell to the ground as if amputated years ago, the blades of Hera cutting through space-time, their hyperspace folds leaving tears you couldn’t bear to look at. The best that could be said was that they faded seconds later, but in this fight, that was a lifetime, and the room was torn by hundreds of them.

“Hera! What do you mean? I don’t remember!” Athena’s voice was plaintive.
“You switched sides in the middle of the war! Left us to Odin!” Her attack seemed to only gain in ferocity. ”How dare you not remember?”

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Done hosed up now Athena.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
"Hera, I found her chained and offline, buried in the mud on an obscure world. Are you sure she left you intentionally?"

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

:suspense::f5:

e: uh, set the improvement cannon to burst mode and let 'er rip I suppose...

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waci posted:

"Hera, I found her chained and offline, buried in the mud on an obscure world. Are you sure she left you intentionally?"

I dunno... Mommy and her friend are grownup talking, I don't wanna get in trouble. :ohdear:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Can we shackle Hera? Or attempt to?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

poor life choice posted:

I dunno... Mommy and her friend are grownup talking, I don't wanna get in trouble. :ohdear:

We need to defend mommy from her angry friend!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Can we shackle Hera? Or attempt to?

ahahahahaha

For fucks sake do not attempt to fight the Mind. This is where we try talking it down, and if that fails, hide behind Athena while the grown-ups sort it out. .

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If Athena left, then why was Hera with the Pillar?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

maxhush posted:

:suspense::f5:

e: uh, set the improvement cannon to burst mode and let 'er rip I suppose...

This

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
yell at them to quiet down, lecture them about bad behavior that could endanger the human that they were suppose to protect

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Hey. Guys. Notice that Athena's not hitting back, she's just defending herself. Pretty sure this is someone we don't want dead, and even if we didn't very probably couldn't hurt in any meaningful way. Please don't make enemies of what might just be a temporary misunderstanding.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Arkanomen posted:

AI FIGHT! AI FIGHT ON THE GODDAM MOON!

http://youtu.be/MaEFZRYcn2w

HYPE HYPE HYPE

I have been waiting for the Hera reveal for like 5 goddamn months.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Waci posted:

Hey. Guys. Notice that Athena's not hitting back, she's just defending herself. Pretty sure this is someone we don't want dead, and even if we didn't very probably couldn't hurt in any meaningful way. Please don't make enemies of what might just be a temporary misunderstanding.

Seconded

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I suppose this is the point where we drop to our knees and pray these two don't accidentally kill us as their battle tears down the fabric of space-time itself.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Zybourne Clock posted:

I suppose this is the point where we drop to our knees and pray these two don't accidentally kill us as their battle tears down the fabric of space-time itself.
They are programmed to not kill human. We should totally run in between them. :cenobite:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Nyaa posted:

They are programmed to not kill human.

What the hell makes you think that?

We should try to get Hera to calm down before one of them gets hurt. :ohdear:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Nyaa posted:

They are programmed to not kill human. We should totally run in between them. :cenobite:

I did mention the hundreds of retro-amputations, right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

LowellDND posted:

I did mention the hundreds of retro-amputations, right?
Amputation are nothing to us. :colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Haven't done anything this blatantly game mechanics-y for a while, but Lowel confirmed we still have these things, so...

Burn a fate point to auto-pass a Charm check to get Hera to calm down for a while and talk with Athena rather than just being all stabby and scary.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Let them sort it out and go back to the bridge, we've got other things to do.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ohhhhhh! So this was the "her" we were supposed to stop. Interesting.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Outrail posted:

Let them sort it out and go back to the bridge, we've got other things to do.

Don't tell me you don't want to facilitate robo-reconciliation. Not with an avatar like that.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There Bias Two posted:

What a fun little theory :)

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

There Bias Two posted:

We already killed Amacita though?

Just as planned.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waci posted:

Haven't done anything this blatantly game mechanics-y for a while, but Lowel confirmed we still have these things, so...

Burn a fate point to auto-pass a Charm check to get Hera to calm down for a while and talk with Athena rather than just being all stabby and scary.

I like this idea. It puts us in the middle of things. Ohone's favorite! Plus that'll probably impress the heck out of the Iron Hands (how are they doing with this? What's going on in those stoic, ancient warrior brains?)

So, uh. How do we do this? Athena's noise marinebrown note woven into their special mode of communication? I don't think we're hacking poo poo.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

plan Waci

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Waci posted:

Don't tell me you don't want to facilitate robo-reconciliation. Not with an avatar like that.

That's not the sort of reconciliation I'm looking for :v:

I guess Try and get Hera to calm her tits. Things have changed.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No to burn edge

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Now we'll know how Fabiyan felt caught between Anna and Gorgon.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

throw mud at them stat. AI WAIFU MUDFIGHT!!!!!!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nyaa posted:

No to burn edge
At least try to talk her down normally first.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

“You switched sides in the middle of the war! Left us to Odin!” Her attack seemed to only gain in ferocity. ”How dare you not remember?”

Family squabble time? Excellent.

Yell right loving back at them with all the fury of a human raised on the beast's politics, with a lot to be angry about. Cut through, just enough to make them listen. The captain is in the heart of the ship. Act like it. You don't take no poo poo from anybody on your bridge. Even a goddess. There's never been a better time to put the rogue in rogue trader, break out your slickest burns, and yell at people who deserve it. Set irony and sass to maximum.

"HOW DARE YOU FORGET YOUR PLACE?"
"The apocalypse that crippled humanity's future was YOUR doing, and MY order has been the one to pick up the pieces of the apocalypse you left behind. You are NOT starting up again. Millenia have passed since your war was fought, and you missed seeing the price our people paid for it. People you were supposed to be guardians of. "
"You are not starting another. Ladies, Act Your Age. "

Infamy for rerolls is totally apropos here

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Let's be this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erlw-ODVZxU and do Plan Waci

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Plan Stop fighting, Moms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

TheParadigm posted:

Family squabble time? Excellent.

Yell right loving back at them with all the fury of a human raised on the beast's politics, with a lot to be angry about. Cut through, just enough to make them listen. The captain is in the heart of the ship. Act like it. You don't take no poo poo from anybody on your bridge. Even a goddess. There's never been a better time to put the rogue in rogue trader, break out your slickest burns, and yell at people who deserve it. Set irony and sass to maximum.

"HOW DARE YOU FORGET YOUR PLACE?"
"The apocalypse that crippled humanity's future was YOUR doing, and MY order has been the one to pick up the pieces of the apocalypse you left behind. You are NOT starting up again. Millenia have passed since your war was fought, and you missed seeing the price our people paid for it. People you were supposed to be guardians of. "
"You are not starting another. Ladies, Act Your Age. "

Infamy for rerolls is totally apropos here

Absolutely not