Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«748 »
Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

You reek of the weakness time purged. A moment, I have guest that would like to see this. Anna dear, a spectre of lifetime past thinks she can predict the game we ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Oh crap. We didn't go for the sideplot that's been dangling out in smurfspace, so it came for us.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Fusion dance GO.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

+1 to taking tea, hopefully breaking the noncommital deadlock the thread is in and getting new posts

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

+1 to taking tea, hopefully breaking the noncommital deadlock the thread is in and getting new posts

Happy Friday, Forum Friend!!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Tea Time please

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

Happy Friday, Forum Friend!!

And a most felicitous Freya's Day to you too forum friend!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011

Arkanomen posted:

You reek of the weakness time purged. A moment, I have guest that would like to see this. Anna dear, a spectre of lifetime past thinks she can predict the game we ended.

Invite Anna in to laugh at this fool.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

If we're going to make it a party let's get Fabiiyan, Anna, and Hera

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

College Slice

Let's tea party with the one who taught us the sacred art of tea party-ing. Set servo-skulls to knit and bring in Sincera Pax. Interrogation through superior interior decoration.

Hold off on bringing in Anna until we have some idea what this faker Oneoh knows.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Karia posted:

Interrogation through superior interior decoration.

This.

This is too good to not use as the next update Title.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Can we maybe get a chance to purge something? That always lifts Ohone's spirits.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Interrogation through superior interior decoration.

“So who do you think she’ll call in?”
Fabiyan caught the ball midthrow. “You mean, if she doesn’t order an alpha strike?”
“Yup.”
“Me. You got to go last time.”
Anna snorted. “Doesn’t count. We only approached the black hole, didn’t go in.”
“Would you have?”
She shrugged. “I mean. Probably. We’re off the beaten track. Off-script.” A sharp smile. “Improvising.”
He tossed the ball again, caught it. “Which is why she’ll call me. You are unpredictable, and this is an unknown situation. I won’t, say, call in my daimon ex.”
Anna chuckled. “You have a daimon ex?”
“Sure, why not. I so enjoyed our time on Agatha’s World, I decided to find a playmate while trying to find Ohone.”
“Oh!” Anna touched her heart. “I didn’t know you felt that way.”
He sighed long-sufferingly. “I don’t have a daimon ex.”
“I know that you idiot. This is what normal humans call banter. I swear, the Krieg ruined you.”

Ohone’s sharp voice cut through the air. “Anna, I want you to come see this.”
Anna smiled winsomely at Fabiyan. “Told you last time didn’t count.”
“It doesn’t count if you use magic to see the future.”
“I didn’t, I just know her.” She blew a kiss at him. “Be right back.”

-

Anna’s voice crackled in your ear. “Uhm … your head is in cyberspace, I’m not exactly equipped to go there.”
“Oh, right.” You considered your counterpart narrowly. “Since you have managed to not get blown up yet, I would like to see you in person, and bring some of my staff. You clearly set all this up for a negotiation of some sort.”
Oneoh nodded. “Yes, that is quite true. Perhaps the Bridge?”
You snorted. “A ship you built and equipped? Absolutely not.”
She gestured. “One of the moons nearby? You can pick.”

A moment’s thought. “Anna, can you teleport us there and back?”
“Just us? Sure.”

You turned to Oneoh. “Fine. The third largest. Send one of your shuttles, I’ll meet you there.”

Any preparations before we go to the shindig?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

Any preparations before we go to the shindig?

Have at least two, unrelated, 'exit' plans before going; I don't want to eat another nuke, thank you very much.

Also assemble the council and get an idea of 'what' might be worth negotiating; we're playing at the 'galaxy cluster' level, what is it that we need that we can't get??

Finally, I'd like Fabs to come with us as well, never hurts to have a hard foil against Anna around.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Bring a man portable Void Cannon attached to our armor (also worn) and a nuke with a dead-man's switch

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

Bring a man portable Void Cannon attached to our armor (also worn) and a nuke with a dead-man's switch

Is the void cannon them 'black hole' rifles we have? Or something else?

Because if I remember correctly, them 'black hole' rifles erases space-time itself and is generally 'bad-karma-don't-use'?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

All the moons are nukes.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9TRMQwMNnY

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

CourValant posted:

Is the void cannon them 'black hole' rifles we have? Or something else?

Because if I remember correctly, them 'black hole' rifles erases space-time itself and is generally 'bad-karma-don't-use'?

Karma implies the Universe is any way shape or form balanced and keeping track of any of this Ohone mess. We met with the being that was and even he lost the plot and we promptly threw everything out the window.

The Void Cannons are the reality erasing weapons that scare everyone shitless, even Loki.

Bring three. The main gun, the back up Oneoh knows about and then one more that she doesn't

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...

Toilet Rascal

Bring Centurion, Fabiyan, and Janus (in a disguise since he's so good at it). Or at least Fabiyan and Janus, that way you have people to help who aren't you/clone you/past and future you

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Arkanomen posted:

Karma implies the Universe is any way shape or form balanced and keeping track of any of this Ohone mess. We met with the being that was and even he lost the plot and we promptly threw everything out the window.

The Void Cannons are the reality erasing weapons that scare everyone shitless, even Loki.

Bring three. The main gun, the back up Oneoh knows about and then one more that she doesn't

I believe you mean,

quote:

We met with Loel and even he lost the plot and the thread promptly threw everything out the window.

Because let's be honest, plot is an illusion.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

mepstein73 posted:

Because let's be honest, plot is an illusion.

Didn't Loel say awhile back that he did have a storyboard for this here Space Opera?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That crazed look is how I envision you during our plot chats

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I am occasionally inspired

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

So you're saying we've been building up an immunity to nukes, right? I can dig it.

Butt Discussin
Sep 12, 2010

Y'all are thinking too small. Bring 5 of the other Ohones we've harvested from other loops and slaved into a hive mind. "Welcome, Oneoh, I love you."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Empty Streets

Fabiyan met your eyes narrowly. “This is a bad idea.”
“Oh yeah.” You nodded at the thought. “Me, Anna, and our third timeline self? Bad idea.”
He blinked in surprise, seemingly having expected to you argue more. “Then why? Take me instead, or Centurion. Take us both.”
You shook your head. “They know more about me than I know about them. I need to commit as little as possible, while getting more data. This is the best compromise.”

Fabiyan considered it. “We’ll need to get you loaded up. You thinking the Eschatologist?”
“Too big. Just the family armor, the storm cannons.”
“Those won’t do much even against our conventional enemies.”
You smiled humorlessly. “Yeah. I’m bringing the void rifles too.”
“Anna will know about them.”
“The two main ones, yes. The hidden one, no.” You nodded to yourself. “I’ve got this.”

He frowned. “What’s your backup plan?”
“When it all goes sideways? Anna teleports out.”
“When Anna makes it goes sideways.”
“Hera’s already promised an evac. If it looks like Anna’s gone off the deep end, Hera pulls me out.”
“And if she can’t?”
“They’ll contact you if anything goes wrong. You and Huron, the Fleet, can come in all guns blazing.”
“I don’t like it. What if they get blocked?”
You shook your head once more, with finality. “If Anna and Hera are both compromised, there was no chance anyway.”

-

<Shuttle heading for third moon, straight course. Teleport coordinates ready.>
<Acknowledged.>

There was the clap of displaced air.

-

Around you, a simple room, enough to hold a company of troops. Light was coming from nowhere in particular, and the surface of the walls was made of a metal you didn’t recognize. Empty, save for a single table. You looked about your warily, even as witchfyre danced along Anna’s hands.

“What you think?”
Anna’s eyes were distant. “This place … ah.”

On the far side, a featureless door opened. Anna smiled wolfishly as she saw the scrawny figure, and he shuddered, almost quailed. His voice leaped into the air as soon as he saw you.
“Lord-Sire! I am your servant. Oneoh asked me to enter first, to gauge your response.” He winced. “Please keep Anna under control, she’s imagining some quite … terrible things.”

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Consult Pokedex Proledex Wikipedia The List of Those What Earned Spankings

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

“Lord-Sire! I am your servant. Oneoh asked me to enter first, to gauge your response.” He winced. “Please keep Anna under control, she’s imagining some quite … terrible things.”

"So, let's review this opening gambit, shall we?"

"One, you're letting me know you can read minds. Two, you're stating that you're my servant, even using the old Lord-Sire title, yet you clearly work for Oneoh. Third, Anna is never not imagining terrible things, as she's a fraggin' Daemon. Fourth, if Oneoh knows me as well as she seems to, then she should know that no one can quite control Anna."

"Given these assumptions, I can only conclude that this is in fact a bit of theater, and not a clever one at that. Oneoh already knows I'm not playing to type this time, so let's just proceed, shall we? Or do I have to shoot you a few times to drag my behavior back to the modeled baseline projections, and you folks finally have a frame of reference to continue this negotiation?"

Blasphemaster posted:

Consult Pokedex Proledex Wikipedia The List of Those What Earned Spankings

That's a loooooooong list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Loel posted:

Empty Streets

"Aren't you the Psionic that I sent to spy on the Jannisaries? Where is the little false-child with the affinity for puncturing implements? Why are you here, galavanting about with one of my failed copies and not updating me with everything you know? Perhaps the repair device didn't repair your melted neuron's properly?

«748 »