Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

RandomPauI posted:

Can we explain to Athena that we are currently engaged in a mockery of a tribunal, the results of which will determine if we live or die?
+1 to this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RandomPauI posted:

Can we explain to Athena that we are currently engaged in a mockery of a tribunal, the results of which will determine if we live or die?

:agreed:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RandomPauI posted:

This is probably the best way to ask for heretical deus ex machina help.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
How are we even communicating with Athena? There's a good likelihood that the more we communicate with her, the greater a chance that someone will notice it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I think she's directly accessing our robobrain via FTL wormhole muguffin magic/tech.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

That would be like asking a sovereign citizen to help you get out of a parking ticket. Let's definitely check up on our power base, though. Visit B. Miriam. If Athena wants someone to collect bear asses or whatever for her, put Megabite on the case. I'm sure he'll do fine.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

+1 to talking to our waifu

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

sullat posted:

That would be like asking a sovereign citizen to help you get out of a parking ticket. Let's definitely check up on our power base, though. Visit B. Miriam. If Athena wants someone to collect bear asses or whatever for her, put Megabite on the case. I'm sure he'll do fine.
We're not asking her for help, we're just informing her of our current situation. In particular, we're explaining why we might be a little bit preoccupied, and aren't haring off after bear asses at a moment's notice. It's more like notifying a soverign citizen who wants all your attention that you're preparing for a court date at the moment.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ralith posted:

We're not asking her for help, we're just informing her of our current situation. In particular, we're explaining why we might be a little bit preoccupied, and aren't haring off after bear asses at a moment's notice. It's more like notifying a soverign citizen who wants all your attention that you're preparing for a court date at the moment.

A sovereign citizen that has the power to cancel your court date and make every cogitator or electronic in the sector its bitch.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

I wonder how much she already knows about this, actually. I've got a feeling that she's already aware of this, and has a solution in mind that may or may not involve putting that vortex grenade to good use...

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
I mean, if it gets the job done? :shrug:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
How are we able to have point-to-point communications across the vast reaches of interstellar space?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

How are we able to have point-to-point communications across the vast reaches of interstellar space?

Athena visited Terra, but probably isn't there right now. The communication just started, it's probably lurking relatively near to Footfall. Just in case we need a deus ex spaceshipina or a new complication.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

sullat posted:

Athena visited Terra, but probably isn't there right now. The communication just started, it's probably lurking relatively near to Footfall. Just in case we need a deus ex spaceshipina or a new complication.

She just sent a probe that got its poo poo wrecked by a teleporting guy with a hammer. I think she's still on the planet we found her on.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Things from the Dark Age of Technology are more or less technology that is so advanced that it may as well be magic to the poor schmucks of M41.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
I am voting B for Power Base.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Teleporting guy with a hammer is my new favorite character

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
C

When you serve a goddess then you must put that goddess first above all things, including yourself!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Xun posted:

Teleporting guy with a hammer is my new favorite character

Teleporting guy with a hammer is probably a Grey Knight.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Teleporting guy with a hammer is probably a Grey Knight.

I feel like we've had this conversation before but I'm not sure when

Also since when could Grey Knights teleport?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
You know, I just realized the more disturbing truth - how did she know that the other Inquisitor was planting a grenade there to begin with?

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 9, 2015

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

sniper4625 posted:

You know, I just realized the more disturbing truth - how did she know that the other Inquisitor was planting a grenade there to begin with?

Who, Athena? Obviously she was pulling strings. Testing us, as any Goddess worth her salt would.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

She already controls all the cameras in the conclave! No one can escape her mightiness! :tinfoil:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I should have specified - I meant Jazmine. Of course, this just could mean that she's the one who planted it.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

I should have specified - I meant Jazmine. Of course, this just could mean that she's the one who planted it.

Considering the individual who planted it gave off some nasty chaos vibes, I'm hedging against it being her own personal manipulation. Either there's a coincidental chaos infestation at the conclave involving people whose names we don't know just yet or one of Siadwell's goons is possessed / carrying a demonic knickknack.

But frankly, who the hell wastes a vortex grenade on a nobody like us? Then again, what's the point of being an inquisitor if you can't be ludicrously extravagant in your assassinations? I suppose if it's a plot by Siadwell, it fits his less-than-subtle personality well enough.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
And since Jazmine's whole thing is stirring up conflict, she could very well have planted it there as a gift to us while pointing us at the monodomonists. She likes us because we stir poo poo up, but if killing us would stir MORE poo poo up then she would do that.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We could stir her poo poo up with a vortex grenade enhanced lavatory.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Grognan posted:

And since Jazmine's whole thing is stirring up conflict, she could very well have planted it there as a gift to us while pointing us at the monodomonists. She likes us because we stir poo poo up, but if killing us would stir MORE poo poo up then she would do that.

Never mind, you're right. I misunderstood the text and thought Megabyte ran into a chaos possessed individual planting a grenade, whereas the ozone and danger dialogue were referring to the grenade itself.

Jazmine probably planted the grenade and this whole thing is one big wild goose chase. At least we got a vortex grenade out of the exchange.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

Never mind, you're right. I misunderstood the text and thought Megabyte ran into a chaos possessed individual planting a grenade, whereas the ozone and danger dialogue were referring to the grenade itself.

Jazmine probably planted the grenade and this whole thing is one big wild goose chase. At least we got a vortex grenade out of the exchange.

Chekov's vortex grenade, though.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
B, plus as much C as we can fit round that. Well worth meeting with Miriam, but we should try to help Athena too. Her device sounds awesome!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I believe we should go to Inquisitor Gant, relinquish the vortex grenade to him, and inform him of the assassination attempt. In no way am I saying this because I expect the grenade to explode while on his person later, possibly as a result of a timer mechanism.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I believe we should go to Inquisitor Gant, relinquish the vortex grenade to him, and inform him of the assassination attempt. In no way am I saying this because I expect the grenade to explode while on his person later, possibly as a result of a timer mechanism.

Oh of course not. Whyever would that happen? :P

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Health update!

So, Ive discovered the miracle drug melatonin, and it is precious to me. Ive had 10mg 3 nights running, and I suddenly feel like a normal human being again. I can double climb stairs, walk around, my breathing is fine, Im even hoping to start exercising again soon.

Current plan: Catch up on homework/do a final Ghostwoods submission
Move across town/do finals
Somewhere in there, get back to regular posting. :)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

LowellDND posted:

Health update!

So, Ive discovered the miracle drug melatonin, and it is precious to me. Ive had 10mg 3 nights running, and I suddenly feel like a normal human being again. I can double climb stairs, walk around, my breathing is fine, Im even hoping to start exercising again soon.

Great news!!!! Best of luck with it all!!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

LowellDND posted:

Health update!

Congratulations! It's amazing how the right drug can make all the difference sometime.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Performance Enhancing Melatonin (tm)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do you spring for the free-range melatonin or do you buy the kind raised in cages and debeaked?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
More importantly how many people do you have to skin and do they have to be black? I'm sure Chaos would approve but I am not so sure about everyone else.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Now I'm confused as to what a melatonin is. Some sort of beaked parasite? Can we turn them into servitors?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

Now I'm confused as to what a melatonin is. Some sort of beaked parasite? Can we turn them into servitors?

You can turn anything into a servitor with enough imagination!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Volmarias posted:

You can turn anything into a servitor with enough imagination!

Ohone's white blood cells have tiny little nanomachines grafted onto them whose programming augments their primitive biological instincts with squad-based tactics and a distributed strategic calculation network, and whose tiny lasguns bring death to all and any invading xenos. Stenciled onto the mechanical component of each servitor leucocyte in letters whose lines are no more than an atom wide are two simple words: "gently caress Nurgle."