Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A with a bit of E thrown in. Send the servitors to do their job, be unfeeling meatshields. I almost want to experiment with hurling the artifact at the daemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
D.E

The meatshields can deal with the daemon, but we have to deal with the Lord-Sire after this. Update him on the situation during the battle so that we can start schmoozing and advance our rank by being the woman-on-the-scene.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
E. Send in your mastiff, keep "Flour" and the Servitor with you. With a clear head, record what is happening and try to broadcast it to the Lord Sire.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

my dad posted:

A with a touch of E

We're an Inquisitor. Leave the meatshields Grey Guards to their job and go stop the Xeno, now.
However, send the servitors to attack the Demon. Since they're unfeeling, uncaring meatbots, they might have an ace up their metaphorical sleeve again a demon of pleasure.
Good plan

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
A E.

Find that Xeno! Inform the Lord Sire that there is a Xeno! Send our servitors against the Daemon, inform the responders that servitors may have the advantage here, at least up close.

How many points is an arco-flagellant of our very own?

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 17, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

VanSandman posted:

How many points is an arco-flagellant of our very own?

Well, arco-flagellants are a Church speciality, so you'd need to make friends with them.

Upgrading your current servitors to Mars based killbots would be pretty reasonable after killing a daemon though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Plan my dad.

And I'm very disappointed that we didn't use the cat attack, so hurl Flours at the next appropriate opportunity/target.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A We need the killy power for the Xeno and its friends.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

my dad posted:

A with a touch of E

We're an Inquisitor. Leave the meatshields Grey Guards to their job and go stop the Xeno, now.
However, send the servitors to attack the Demon. Since they're unfeeling, uncaring meatbots, they might have an ace up their metaphorical sleeve again a demon of pleasure.
This

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

As a note, we aren't an Inquisitor, we just work for one. That said, alert the Lord-Sire that the daemon was summoned by a xenos, and that we are in pursuit of the xenos, but the daemon is an active threat.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

FireSight posted:

As a note, we aren't an Inquisitor, we just work for one. That said, alert the Lord-Sire that the daemon was summoned by a xenos, and that we are in pursuit of the xenos, but the daemon is an active threat.

Yeah, we're only a low level (well, not so much anymore after all this is said and done) Inquisitorial Acolyte.

Going with plan my dad anyway.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Grognan posted:

A We need the killy power for the Xeno and its friends.

This, plus texting Lord-Sire.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

A and try to grab one of the Sisters' weapons on the way out

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

Colonel Wood posted:

A and try to grab one of the Sisters' weapons on the way out

This. Plan A - stop the Xeno, but grab something interesting on the way
Reject daddy-plan A + E -- we might need the support of our servitors and pets, so bring them with us.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Send a couple of servitors to loot preserve any unique or interesting weapons / tech / items dropped by the valiant fallen Sisters. Or anyone else for that matter.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh for fucks sake, don't start looting poo poo before the fighting is over you clods, that's raid etiquette 101!

Also I don't think we have the training to use most of what the Sisters are/were packing. We'd probably just end up shooting/sawing off one of our own appendages by accident.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
plan my dad

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Remind me - what do we know of this Xenos species?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

FireSight posted:

As a note, we aren't an Inquisitor, we just work for one.

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, we're only a low level (well, not so much anymore after all this is said and done) Inquisitorial Acolyte.

I find your lack of ambition disturbing.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

VanSandman posted:

Remind me - what do we know of this Xenos species?

It's pretty pissed and has a charming smile.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Plan my dad

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

my dad posted:

Not a lack of ambition, but just a dose of realism. IIRC, as a Techpriest, we're not allowed to become an Inquisitor because we're already serving the Adeptus Mechanicus. I think the same thing prevents us from claiming the warrant of our Lord-Sire as a Rogue Trader. The best we're probably gonna get is the trusted Magos at the right hand of the one of the previous individuals, or leading a Magos Explorator Fleet/being the Fabricator General of a Forge World for the AdMech.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GhostStalker posted:

Not a lack of ambition, but just a dose of realism. IIRC, as a Techpriest, we're not allowed to become an Inquisitor because we're already serving the Adeptus Mechanicus. I think the same thing prevents us from claiming the warrant of our Lord-Sire as a Rogue Trader. The best we're probably gonna get is the trusted Magos at the right hand of the one of the previous individuals, or leading a Magos Explorator Fleet/being the Fabricator General of a Forge World for the AdMech.

Ehem.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It's 40k. Contradict the lore freely if it tells a good story.

Besides the difference between an Explorator fleet and a Rogue Trader is one of motivation, not action.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
In a realm as vast as the IMPERIUM OF MAN, I'm sure you can find quite a few individuals wearing a hat or twenty that they aren't technically supposed to for the greater good of all mankind.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
In the grim dark future of fashion there is only tastelessly designed headwear.

With skulls on.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

There's nothing in the lore stopping us from doing any of those things though as you can be a techpriest and still serve as a commander in the Guard, Navy or Inquisition. It's not uncommon for people to have several titles in different organisations just to do the one job.

We have a claim through our family ties to the Warrant and we're an acolyte to an Inquisitor which is pretty much one of the only ways to actually become an inquisitor so we can pretty much do whatever we want.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Plan my dad

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

There's nothing in the lore stopping us from doing any of those things though as you can be a techpriest and still serve as a commander in the Guard, Navy or Inquisition. It's not uncommon for people to have several titles in different organisations just to do the one job.

We have a claim through our family ties to the Warrant and we're an acolyte to an Inquisitor which is pretty much one of the only ways to actually become an inquisitor so we can pretty much do whatever we want.

Don't you need to serve as an Interrogator for an Inquisitor for a while before you're judged worthy by a conclave of senior Inquisitors to hold the Inquisitorial Rosette? At least, that's how I remember it worked in Eisenhorn and Ravenor, and remember a passing mention of that in Dark Heresy: Ascension.

Also, I'm not sure I ever remember an example in the fluff of a Techpriest serving in a position of command outside the AdMech. They're pretty much outside of other Chains of Command, what with having their own. Of course, in a universe as large as 40k, I'm sure an example can be found somewhere.

As others have said, one can always bend the fluff a little bit in order to tell a good story, though. The grognards won't be happy, but when are they ever?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

GhostStalker posted:

Don't you need to serve as an Interrogator for an Inquisitor for a while before you're judged worthy by a conclave of senior Inquisitors to hold the Inquisitorial Rosette? At least, that's how I remember it worked in Eisenhorn and Ravenor, and remember a passing mention of that in Dark Heresy: Ascension.

Ravenor was in his twenties when he became an Inquisitor. Also, who cares it's just a game. Do whatever is cool.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

Ravenor was in his twenties when he became an Inquisitor. Also, who cares it's just a game. Do whatever is cool.

Really? I thought that he served as the Interrogator for Eisenhorn for a while before the Thracian Atrocity which was what burned him and led to him being put in the life-support hover chair and him getting his Rosette soon after. I remember that being mentioned in either Xenos or Malleus, either the first or second Eisenhorn book. The book also said he was young for an Interrogator, and that Eisenhorn felt that he would likely be getting the Rosette soon as he was a prodigy, but I don't remember him being that young...

Also, this is becoming a huge derail and I'm sorry for being the one who started it.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 19, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yes, yes I did want to know how that turned out before I ponied up and read the books.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Sogol posted:

Yes, yes I did want to know how that turned out before I ponied up and read the books.

Eh, that's just background material. Happens in the first couple chapters of the book in question.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

For all you doubters, remember that the Imperium is perfectly willing to bend the rules if your status is high enough.
I'm sure the lord-fabricator of this sector could be persuaded to discharge one tech-priest to get on better standing with the inquisition.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

GhostStalker posted:

Eh, that's just background material. Happens in the first couple chapters of the book in question.

Lalalalalalala can't hear you!

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

What about the Great Boston Molasses Disaster of 1919, Sogol? Ya mean recreate it? I'm down with that, but where are we gonna find a crappily-built, non-tested tank holding several million gallons of sweet, sticky, viscous crap, and the rampaging temperature swings to make it succumb to hoop stress failure?

Otherwise, I'll jump on the Plan mydad :bandwagon:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Well, some people had been advocating compromising the integrity of the sweetener tanks while others had been suggesting this would have little or no effect. I was just posting reference material.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Also, I'm not sure I ever remember an example in the fluff of a Techpriest serving in a position of command outside the AdMech. They're pretty much outside of other Chains of Command, what with having their own. Of course, in a universe as large as 40k, I'm sure an example can be found somewhere.

As others have said, one can always bend the fluff a little bit in order to tell a good story, though. The grognards won't be happy, but when are they ever?

From memory, I think all you need is the recommendation of a conclave (so a minimum of three inquisitors) or the approval of an Inquisitor Lord and you're set. In theory, you're suppose to be from the Schola Progenium and work your way up the food change but the key component to being an inquisitor seems to be whether other people, especially fellow inquisitors, recognise your authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why are we seeking any sort of title? We should be focusing in becoming so badass people do what we want just because of what we've become, not who.