Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
save ur goddess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

JT Jag posted:

Hey Terra voters, how many of you are voting to stay on Terra indefinitely and how many of you are voting to stay for a brief period of time to make sure the throne is working right, possibly roping us into the fight

Just a brief period of time

Golgotha is still the goal.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A but let's lvl up and get thoroughly prepared like a good paranoid Magos

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Alrighty, Ill start writing for a stay and we'll see where it goes. Small further question:

A. Leave Fabiyan's hat with the God-Emperor
B. Trade it for Rogal Dorn's

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C - keep hat until Husbando comes home?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Is... is that a trade Rogal Dorn is willing to make?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A: Fabiyan is a true believer.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
A

save ur husband

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A, level up

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

JT Jag posted:

Bro, Rogal Dorn collects the hats of powerful figures in the Imperium. A saint is like a slammer!!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

Sure. Old soldiers keep all sorts of crap like that.

http://terminallance.com/2010/04/06/terminal-lance-27-challenge-coins-not-a-grunt-thing/

http://terminallance.com/2014/02/07/terminal-lance-307-why-staff-ncos-love-challenge-coins/

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 382,894
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000

drinking my maaaaalts. writing my storrrrry. todays music is eisbrecher.

Brief period of time

You paused as you stepped off the dias. You would probably never come here again, and was the first person in thousands of years - countless millions of trillions of lives - to see the God-Emperor without being a Custodes. And your conversations and actions seemed small, in comparison to the last visitor - Alicia Dominica, who killed the Tyrant Vandire and ended the Reign of Blood.

What does one do when leaving their presence of their god? You considered it, made a deep bow with the symbol of the Aquilia. It was fitting, in a way - the two headed eagle representing his incarnations of God-Emperor and Omnissiah. And really, what act of obeisance could show the level of worship you, and any citizen, felt towards Him? Faith was shown in acts of service, not just ritual.

You didn’t clear your mind, exactly - the will of the God-Emperor was always in your thoughts - but you turned to more immediate things. Athena was standing on a dias below, watching you. You walked to her with difficulty, your servomotors straining. This was not a place for human things, and it would be best if you left soon. You gestured to her, and she fell into a walk at your side. Leaving the presence of the God-Emperor.

Your voice was a crackle of rusting machinery. So was hers.

“So, what did you see? What does this look like from the less awestruck perspective?”
She chuckled, a sound of breaking glass and crying children. “There is so much exotic energy here, I couldn’t even tell you.”
“What was that thing you said earlier? I understand?”
“Yup. Turns out I met him during the Mars Federation. I didn’t realize it at the time.”
You turned, stopped. “You met him? When he was… up and about?”
“Yeah. He was a theoretical researcher. Really weird stuff.”
“What … what was he like?”
Was that metalline skull smiling? “He was .. focused. Very determined. He found a project or a problem and solved it, and brought the entire department with him.”
You paused. “If you happen to have some of that recorded, I would like to see it.”
“Sure. After Golgotha, I should have more of my records then.”
“Thank you.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
No, I need to know now.

You don't get to keep secrets from us unless you are an enemy.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 383,283
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000

Lionus

Ching Shih was the first to react. “Ohone, your face!”
You reached up to touch it with metal claws, even as you were removing the Custodes armor. “Oh, right. I’ll need to get a new one.”
“A new face?”
“Yeah. Turns out seeing the face of God isn’t healthy.”
She blanched. “Apparently not. Was Athena less affected?” You looked over - she was looking pale and drawn out, but still had flesh. The cheater.
“No, she grew it back, I’m guessing. We looked pretty similar by the end of it. What’s been going on here?”
“The Primarch is an amazing host. He stayed with us the first few hours, trading stories with Frederik. Then we got a tour of some of the Palace from Lionus.”
“Wait, how long was I gone?”
“Three days. We were taking bets.” Ching Shih laughed for no apparent reason. “I won. Three days has some historical humor to it.”
“I … guess. Is Lionus still around?”
“Yeah, he’s making his rounds. What do you need?”
“We’re staying for a while, so I want some quarters. And a new face.”

-

Lionus bowed when he returned. “Lord-Sire, an honor. Few indeed make it back from seeing the Throne.”
You glanced at him. “Does everyone know what I’ve been up to?”
“Only what I need to know, madame. We have some synth-skin prepared for you, and one of the palaces has been placed on reserve. We’ve redirected your shuttle to it.”
“Excellent. And the Culexus?”
“In a closet for safekeeping. I didn’t expect you would need it in the immediate future.”
“Very good. And the rest of my retinue?”
“Has been redirected to your palace as well.”

-

K, so. My notes just say 'check with High Lords', but you can also do some touristing or we can do some repair posts. Or I can fast forward a bit, its up to you.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

No, I need to know now.

You don't get to keep secrets from us unless you are an enemy.

She left her photo albums back on Golgotha in her storage locker.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Knitting powwow with the retinue

all of them.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Visit the Station Chief Inquisition Representative. Pay respects and debrief.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Fast Forward, I've seen what I wanted to see on Terra.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Knitting powwow with the retinue

all of them.

K, I have that as

heirophant isaac
young henderson (preacher, learned under erasmus, connection)
colonel wolfgang (officer and gentleman)
Katarina Ehrnrooth sister famulous (bene gesserit)
colonel astri
eleonora
luckas
dwarf
fabiyan’s hat
little sire
julian
random abrogate
theta-411
adelaide
travis wrent
athena/hera/cs
limosa/edourd
space dad (and support staff)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

are we not needing to do the character sheets anymore?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
No to a new face. We stomp around in power armour, no need to pretend not to be a scary metal lady.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Toughy posted:

are we not needing to do the character sheets anymore?

Last time I asked people said 'when we leave terra' :v:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

So, what did spending 3 days essentially in the astonomicon do for our corruption/insanity?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

quote:

“In a closet for safekeeping. I didn’t expect you would need it in the immediate future.”

Petition to name our assassin Jack

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Haystack posted:

So, what did spending 3 days essentially in the astonomicon do for our corruption/insanity?
We were bathed in the warmth of the Emperor, if anything it should go down :colbert:

edit: our corruption, I mean, we probably took a hit on our insanity

man is not meant to see him in person, there's a reason psykers tend to be kinda barmy

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This is the point where the gm hands you a completely different character sheet with the same name.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Haystack posted:

LowellDND posted:

K, I have [our retinue] as

fabiyan’s hat

*cough*

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Currently, Im playing it as her 'moses coming down the mountain' moment. Very intense, very real religious experience.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Protect the Emp

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Stay on Terra. This is how we avoid being caught up in the diorama, and I want to be there when the guy on the throne wakes up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Debrief the representative after the mandatory knitting circle

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RandomPauI posted:

Debrief the representative after the mandatory knitting circle

What do you want to cover in the knitting circle? I have about 20 possible speaking roles :D

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LowellDND posted:

What do you want to cover in the knitting circle? I have about 20 possible speaking roles :D
Well, first and foremost, don't talk about the physical condition of the Emperor. That doesn't matter, and in fact talking ill about his Interred Body is more or less heretical.

Even saying 'the Throne is failing' is privileged information. We should focus on our effort to improve the Emperor's condition, using the artifact we recovered recently. It feels like destiny, though, that we will see results. Perhaps the Throne was missing this one piece that was needed to heal the Emperor all along? It had a slot for it, after all. I think that's what Ohone is hoping right now, at least.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

I'd like to have Ohone try to be restrained about the experience, talk about using the device and the need to stay there to make sure its working right, and then for her to gush like she was an 80's school girl who meet a rock and roll god.

My guess is Hera will probably make barbed comments towards Athena, I don't know who in the retinue would try to smooth things over between Hera and Athena but it probably wouldn't be "OMG GOD EMPEROR" Ohone and it probably wouldn't do more than restore some civility.

JT Jag, should we work on a mini-convo Julian and Littlesire can have during the knitting circle?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I want to make sure we declare that crochet is HERESY

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hollylolly posted:

I want to make sure we declare that crochet is HERESY
It's a Radical position at worst. A style of knitting frowned upon by the orthodox, that can be called upon in the direst situations, if one is willing to potentially forfeit their pride, honor, and soul as a knitter.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

It isn't a style of knitting, it's practically macramé!

i knit and crochet, I like them both

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Voting we stay and fix the Emperor. What self respecting engineer would abandon a project halfway through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Voting we stay and fix the Emperor. What self respecting engineer would abandon a project halfway through?
Problem is that we can't survive prolonged contact with the Emperor. We're gonna have to find someone to monitor the Throne and do any maintenance we request.

Custodes are the only ones who can hang out near the Emperor for long without their heads exploding.

My proposal: Find a Custodes bored enough that they're willing to learn enough of the Mysteries of Mars to accept tech support instructions.