Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

gently caress this gorgon piece of poo poo and Anna's lies

We know how the memetic virus works and we are the galaxy's most 1337 hacker and the loving Iron Maiden. Change it to our benefit and send it out to the church ships and loving do something. Flip the metaphorical table with the virus.

have them kill themselves or turn them into a whole bunch of nulls negating any psyker powers Gorgon has

also loving slap the goddamn poo poo out of Anna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

poor life choice posted:

Please don't doxx me

poo poo sorry dude, I'll take the camera down.

also slap the poo poo out of Anna

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

525, time for our count! :D

page 25: you had just met the gang leaders in the Deeps
page 50: quint and tanya had just been introduced
page 75: meeting kozilek for the first time
page 100: knitting circle with sincera
page 125: the olympus
page 150: amacita’s wedding planning
page 175: talking to dwarf about factions
page 200: talking with eldar
page 225: fusion bomb incident
page 250: saving limosa
page 275: deathskull orks
page 300: tugboat
page 325: talking with cryonic lady
page 350: the manor on agatha’s world
page 375: meeting the motherfucking emperor
page 400: titan. 16,000 posts, we’re a real thread!
page 425: mars, space grandpa
page 450: luna and amacita
page 475: pilgrimage and shrine-cities
page 500: high lords
page 525: FABIYAN. and anna

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Send Anna a recorded message of mechadendrite puppetry involving Fabiyan repeatedly poking Tzeentch with the spine like a billion times.

Tell her there's a hidden treat if she watches the whole thing beginning to end.

The treat is video of a turkey being defeathered.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Look through our Dragon loot

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Look through our Dragon loot

What do you want? :v:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

What do you want? :v:

Something to summon and Cage Anna. Our own little Canary to tweet as we delve into an Eldar nightmare fortress.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Long range wireless technology capable of transmitting data

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

Something to summon and Cage Anna. Our own little Canary to tweet as we delve into an Eldar nightmare fortress.

The Grey Knight Tesserect has a good chance of caging her. Its caged a major daemon.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Cool and useful items with limited charges or uses, no wishing for more wishes or applying every item to every situation. Give us some wands and potions to use in this, The Final Battle(???).

Things that would make Ohone and her buddies/henchmen wade into the fray.

Siiiiiick sunglasses.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Do we have our sick dragon figurehead on the prow of the ship yet?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sullat posted:

Do we have our sick dragon figurehead on the prow of the ship yet?

We do! It has a nova cannon in the mouth, and is also linked to all the guns for an alpha strike.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 418,456

Music chosen by Hiho. Peter Gabriel, In Your Eyes.

Anastasia

The ritual wasn’t a difficult thing, once you got down to it. It required a dozen almost coincidences, things that wouldn’t (and hadn’t) register as suspicious to your ubiquitous cameras. You could feel … a presence reach out, leap beyond the hull and towards the Belt. Athena, Edourd and Limosa all watched it carefully, and Knoxie was nowhere to be seen.

Moments later, a face appeared in the center of the room - one you remembered from your time in the Webways. It had an unpleasant familiarity to it, almost like looking into a distorted mirror. After all, she was your kin, and from not all that long ago, either. A handful of generations. Anna smiled at you easily.

“Sister! I was waiting for your call. Thank you for clearing out Lukacs and his brethren, they were becoming inconvenient.” She glanced around the room. “Limosa, Edourd. We really must meet sometime, I’ve heard so much about you.” A respectful nod. “And Athena, of course. If you are ever looking for a patron, I can put in a good word.”

Her voice went low, a purr. “And Fabiyan. It’s been so long since Agatha’s World. How have you been?”

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Brother Bricellus. Location: Via Fabiyanus, just outside the Cathedral of Fabiyan The Resurrector

"SIC SEMPER HERETICUS!" The deafening roar from the pilgrims aboard the Dragon carried down the entire length of the Via Fabiyanus, their words echoing the broadcast of Bricellus' gravel-edged voice.

Fabiyan's Way stretched from stem to stern and the observation platforms were just as shoulder-to-shoulder as the ground level. A line of a thousand pyres reached along the Way. Each pyre home to several stakes. Each stake home to several heretics of the Explorers Guild. Stripped naked, beaten, bloodied and splattered with the effluvium and rotten garbage hurled at them by the crowd, they hung on their tiptoes.

"SUFFER NOT THE HERETIC TO LIVE!" His voice boomed down the echoing, cavernous belly of the ship. Where pilgrims could not get or afford to pay for the space to view the pyres first-hand, they clustered around vidscreens, where members of the Black Priesthood and the Ecclesiarchy echoed Bricellus' words, projecting the force of personality and power of faith over every living soul aboard.

"These vile creatures before you are a chilling reminder of The Great Enemy. The Ruinous Powers can find root anywhere, and it is our job..." Bricellus pauses for a moment mid-stride and mid-sentence, the servo-skulls filming this for broadcast halting in kind. "No, our duty to not only resist the temptations of the Great Enemy within our own hearts and minds, but to be mindful of it in others.'

He turns to face one of the servo-skulls, narrowing his eyes as that sepulchral growl seems to grow just a few decibels louder and several tons heavier. "Even amongst the faithful, we must be ever vigilant. Even here aboard our storied, legendary vessel a sickness grew in hiding." His voice sinks to a feral snarl so full of hatred and zeal that it twists into a rictus of cold fury. "Today that sickness is expunged, and each of you shall bear witness to the punishment of these damned souls. Through the cleansing fire of faith shall their filth be driven from this world and brought to nothing."

From the crowd, cheers of approval rise, along with cries for the pyres to be lit. Screams of blind faith and devotion from hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of eager minds focused upon the Priesthood, upon the pyres, upon the icons of Abrogation that were displayed up and down the Via Fabiyanus.

"PRAISE FABIYAN THE RESURRECTOR. SWORD OF THE GOD-EMPEROR!" Rare was the time that Bricellus raised his voice, rare was the time he needed to raise his voice, but now was one such time. The devotion and faith that poured out of him in almost tangible waves as he all but screamed his words seemed to resonate with the crowd that much more for its absolute purity. He bared his soul before the gathered millions and they reciprocated in kind. The wave of faith seemed to reverberate from each and every voice that joined his cry. Across the ship in a thousand different locations, fellow members of the clergy bellowed the words and the wave continued.

So loud was the sound of the crowd that even as the pyres were lit, the howling agony of the Explorers was but a whisper.

Several hours later

"I thought it best to approach you with the idea as I'm sure you've already got the network in place." Bricellus said as he sipped his glass of 'shine, pushing a small leather pouch over to the Little-Sire. It was adorned with the emblem of the Cult of Abrogation.

"So basically you're saying we sell this pyre ash as a religious relic?" Fredrik replied with a wry smile.
"Of course. The Expurgation of the Explorers Guild was a deeply religious and powerful act, and by selling pinches of pyre ash we also pad the coffers of the Church. You will of course be entitled to a percentage. I was thinking five?"

Fredrik started laughing and turned to face Bricellus fully "so we're playing hardball on the figure then?"
"I would not want you to think me a pushover, Little-Sire."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 23, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Anna thanks you for your hard work :)

edit: random loot found from the hoard so far -
antimatter torpedoes (long range, can dodge most flak)
bracelets that seem to generate their own gellar field
a long curved knife, major major relic from the DAoT. athena says its just a knife though.
a small box that, when opened, doesn't move. no matter what.

Loel fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 23, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

well we're going to be putting the chicken on a leash soon anyway if things go the way certain people are wanting :D

edit: How apropos! Gellar Bracelets!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Current: 418,456

Music chosen by Hiho. Peter Gabriel, In Your Eyes.

Anastasia

Her voice went low, a purr. “And Fabiyan. It’s been so long since Agatha’s World. How have you been?”

CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT ON THE BRIDGE!
"GET YOUR OWN PSYKERS YOU SLAG"

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

LowellDND posted:

edit: random loot found from the hoard so far -
antimatter torpedoes (long range, can dodge most flak)
bracelets that seem to generate their own gellar field
a long curved knife, major major relic from the DAoT. athena says its just a knife though.
a small box that, when opened, doesn't move. no matter what.

Can we ask Hera about the knife?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Can we ask Hera about the knife?

She also says its just a knife :confused: Neither understand why you (and your retinue) are making such a fuss.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
It's an anti tech knife. Keep it on us at all time.

Examine it with our robo apparatus.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

It's an anti tech knife. Keep it on us at all time.

Examine it with our robo apparatus.

Very smart thinking. Do this too

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy9mMnxee3E
My head is spinning round, my heart is in my shoes, yeah
I went and set Titan on fire, oh, now I must come back down
Anna's laughing in her sleeve boys, I can feel it in my bones
Oh, but anywhere I'm gonna lay my head, I'm gonna call my home

Well I see that Terra is upside-down
Seems that my Dragon were filled up with gold
And now the Oort clouds, well they've covered over
And the wind is blowing cold
Well I don't need anybody, because I learned, I learned to be alone
Well I said anywhere, anywhere, anywhere I lay my head, boys
Well I gonna call my home

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

She also says its just a knife :confused: Neither understand why you (and your retinue) are making such a fuss.

If robutts don't get why it's special, maybe psykers can give it a go.

Also: try cutting something with it.

Maybe it's enchanted techno wizardededed to make you think it's really important. A fame spell. :)

e: just cast identify on it gawrsh

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 23, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

"Pretty (Ugly Before)"
Fabiyan's been keeping me up for days
There's no chaos-time, it's only a passing phase
And I feel pretty, pretty enough for you
I slapped some Anna before
I just knew what to do
Sometimes is all I feel up to now
But it's not worth it to you, 'cos you gotta get love somehow
Is it destruction that you're required to feel?
Like Slaanesh wants you, someone that's more for real?
Fabiyan's been keeping me up for days
There's no chaos-time, it's only a passing phase
And I'll feel pretty another hour or two
I just knew what to do
I just knew what to do
I just knew what to do
Slapped some Anna before

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SoL: Sebekh the Execrator. Location: 20LY Galactic North of Prospero, Segmentum Solar

"So the strength of the Warp is explicitly proportionate to the psychic emanations of living beings, and the strength of each God in particular is proportionate to the acts within its dominion within physical reality."

"You're smarter than me by orders of magnitude I cannot begin to comprehend. How are you only just learning about this?"

"Yes, but I've been apart and dormant for a long time." Athena's image flickered again as she gestured down below toward several of the black metallic spires Sebekh used on Golgotha to weaken the Tyranid Shadow. "And these things use psyker brain mass and bio-engineered Tyranid derivative material to weaken the barrier between the physical universe and the Warp?"

"The Immaterium, yes. I used my knowledge of dimensional science - a forbidden discipline per the Adeptus Mechanicus - as well as my understanding of the interaction between the psyker's mind and the Immaterium."

"Mmhmm. And the Tyranid bits? Why Tyranid?" She leaned on the handrail, her chin resting in her hands. :allears:

"Ah, that was specifically a Golgotha solution I came up with at the last minute. The Tyranid hivemind seems to project a form of static that interferes with the dimensional barrier between the material universe and the Immaterium. I was able to target the code responsible for the development of a link with the hivemind, replacing it with corresponding genetic code extracted from a suitably powerful psyker. Sadly, my sorceror Sycorax died during the extraction but I was able to both counter the hivemind's psychic static and use the Tyranid biology to prevent the swarming xenos from attacking the spires directly."

"Now what was it you said to me earlier about that lumbering thing you were on Golgotha? Something about daemon engines?" She tugged on Sebekh's arm and pointed off towards the hulking frame of a dormant Defiler with all the glee, curiosity and excitement of a child.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 23, 2016

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
:colbert: Still think the right call was handing Lukacs over to Malal cultists. If there's anything he would find less pleasant than failing Anna, it's that.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ahahaha

My gf and I watched that movie when it came out and it was "A Series of Dumb Decisions: The Movie." I especially loved him tossing down the sextant in the liferaft and puncturing it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter posted:

Ahahaha

My gf and I watched that movie when it came out and it was "A Series of Dumb Decisions: The Movie." I especially loved him tossing down the sextant in the liferaft and puncturing it.

Sounds like he'd fit in fine here :D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SoL: Sebekh the Execrator. Location: 20LY Galactic North of Prospero, Segmentum Solar

"Got a present for you." came an unmistakeable voice as Sebekh stood at a workstation wearing one of his less bulky and more utilitarian frames, Its myriad metallic limbs were more tentacle than mechadendrite and they moved rapidly over a dozen different surfaces. They continued apace even as his head turned almost completely around to face Athena. His visage was more human now, but it was still a faceplate, and from it sprouted a headful of dendrites that gave the appearance of dreadlocks.

"Oh really? I can only imagine." His compartmentalised consciousness closed out several experiments and other pieces of code he was working on and he turned to face her, strolling alongside her shorter, almost giddy form.

"I like this." She said as she linked one arm through a looped biomechanical tentacle. "It's an interesting feeling to be learning again."

"I am more than happy to share what I have learned with you. You have torn back what last vestiges of dogma clouded my vision after all these centuries and for that, I owe you much." Sebekh replied as they walked into one of the ship's cargo bays. Before him, in their tens of thousands, capsuled and contained, were all the human subjects his experiments could ever need.

"Oh... you humble me, Athena."

"Consider it an investment in your work. I have great things planned. Oh, and the next bay over has several hundred blanks I managed to source for you. That idea you had earlier is something I'd like to see come to pass." She grinned up at him and he could not help but grin back.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Furiously mashing the purge button

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"IDIOTS!" She screamed, the bulkheads surrounding Laboratory 027 crumpled and bent inward. Sparks and fire spat from several workstations and the black-robed Adepts cowered away from her as her shoulder-length brown hair seemed to be buffeted violently by an unseen storm about her face. Her mouth was a snarl and her eyes were like tiny pinprick supernovae.

++Great Mistress, it was a miscalculation! Forgi--++ Adept Tau-845 was cut off mid-sentence as she snapped out one hand toward him, the hand clenched into a fist. She splayed her fingers outward a moment later and with a digitised shriek, he exploded into several hundred pieces, his potentia coil a smoking ruin on the deckplates.

++But we can reme--++

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU MORON!" She shrieked as her feet left the floor, her face bright red with rage now. Another Adept fell silent. His vox was torn free slowly and his limbs snapped in a dozen different places before she made a wrenching motion with both hands, which trembled visibly at her fury. The Adept wordlessly writhed as he was broken in half.

"Athena, what happened?" Came a different voice, cast forth not in binary but with a more placatory tone. She whirled around and held out her hand as though ready to strike, pausing when she saw Sebekh.

"These... these loving subnormal intellects just ruined my experiment!" She screamed as she slammed her hands down to her sides again, storming up to him and glaring. He met her gaze with more than a little worry and a good dose of anger which he let the other Adepts feel in a wave of digitised emotion. A smoldering anger and bitter disappointment.

He shook his head softly. She hissed, her tone savage, her eyes still afire. "Hours of work with those sigils and they let the damned daemon escape because they are too stupid to follow my instructions!"

"It's your experiment, Athena. I gave you these laboratories to conduct your experiments, these Adepts to assist you. They are your resources to do with as you see fit. I know what I would do." He grinned and placed a newly-formed metallic hand on her shoulder, gesturing towards the remaining Adepts with another limb.

"I do too." The snarl of rage on her face turned into a smirk of pure malice and as she turned to face the three remaining Adepts, a tiny singularity formed, contained by electromagnetic fields of such power that Sebekh's entire expression is lit with wonderment and admiration.

As they were slowly pulled closer to the singularity and crushed millimetre by millimetre, kept alive by her dark will alone, Sebekh whispered "truly magnificent."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 23, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:dawkins101:

Switching from team Mars Fed to team Inquisition.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

:dawkins101:

Switching from team Mars Fed to team Inquisition.

Everyones a critic :v:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A More Secure Tomorrow

Hello thread. Ark here. You may remember me from such campaigns as "Purge Every Last One of Them", "Amacita is a Heretic and is Going to Ruin Everything", and most recently "Cultists are Everywhere." Now I may be a simple poster and sometimes I wasn't quite on the mark. But I think you'll agree that suspecting everyone of everything has kept us from falling prey to any recent trickery. I have always been a strong believer in "Nuke First, Care Never" when deamons and heresy are involved.

Now, Now. I been hearing talk of consorting with Xenos and Agents of the Great Blue Turkey. Hogwash I say. That there's a dark path, full of treachery and disaster. But that's not what I'm here to talk to you about today. Today I'd like to talk to you about a new plan. "Dunk The Goddam Toaster in the Bath with the Heretics Before She Kills Us All". Now I know, 'Praise Athena, Praise the Omnisiaah." But we all know what she is. A tool. A fancy-dancy computer. We're a human being, and what makes a man is that he uses tools and is not used like one!

This is why we must endeavor to build the AI Weapon. Athena and Hera can throw Suns while we toss about stones. With but a flick of power they can snuff out the warp. Day by Day they grow more powerful. What will Athena do when she grows tired of us? What happens when we become her next art project? Will she be able to resist the call of the Ruinous powers? No, the Emperor was right. AIs are not to be trusted. Athena has served us well but the time has come for her to submit to Ohone's will or be dismantled. This why I came to you today. For a brighter tomorrow. A tomorrow we can be proud of. A tomorrow without unwelcoming robot overlords. Vote Yes on Requisition "Oh God She's Gone Full Chaos, Get the Godamm Magnet Before it's too Late!"

We need to get some power on this new battleground

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Before Arkanomen gets too far into his drumbeat, I want to point something out. The avatar of Athena that Hexenritter is writing about is a separate entity from the Athena that we know. It has spent an unknown number of years stuck sharing a mind with a crazy chaos worshipping heretek. At the very least she's traumatized, but also very possibly warp tainted.

However, we have no idea how that will affect the other incarnations of Athena. It's unlikely it'll just make them all warp touched tyrants by association, though there may be adverse effects. Thus, the obvious answer is to convince Athena of the need to kill or quarantine part of herself to save the whole.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tran posted:

...Thus, the obvious answer is to shackle Athena and order her to kill those parts of herself to save the whole.

A Man.
A Plan.
Tran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

But I think you'll agree that suspecting everyone of everything has kept us from falling prey to any recent trickery.

I'm pretty sure our tendency of suspecting everyone of everything has been exploited by those who know about it to trick us almost as often as it's helped us out.