Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Meet with Anna then get to work making Shackles for Athena

Take that as you will you robosexuals

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Arkanomen posted:

Meet with Anna then get to work making Shackles for Athena

Take that as you will you robosexuals

Only if they're fuzzy. :colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Write a novel title Pounded in the Butt By My Ancient AI Goddess, under the pen name of Devries. Conspicuously forget a copy where Athena can find one.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Voting to scrub the last few posts from the record - aka against robophilia

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Giggle menacingly and start walking away. She has more to gain than we have to lose.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I'll kill you last.

alternatively

I'll consider you a loose end.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

I assume the mediator is Athena, but what trading are you thinking of?

We both are operating at a pretty high level where time is not really so linear.

Ohone wants: Withdrawl of Chaos Fleet, The Family Staff, Termination of Gorgon, insight into Anna's hidden agenda
Anna wants: Fall of Terra, Xeno Spine, Loot from the Black Library, Termination of Gorgon, [hidden agenda]

I am proposing parley because with all the spiraling traps and shemes it makes it very difficult to bargain. We are currently at a stalemate war with at least three fronts. We are both businesswomen, so lets meet at the table and lay everything out. Athena can mediate the negotiation.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Oh, what if we offer to save someone for her in the webway? Someone who indulge in pleasure and clearly can be a useful asset for both side.

The Devries who nuked us.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

Noncanon

You unplugged from her memory bank, looked at Athena. She stared impassively back, still smiling faintly. You had considered uninstalling the screensaver, but there was something that was .... appealing.
"What was your deal?"
She beeped. "Ah.. Consumption of the Imperium whole, revival of the Iron Men, casting the False emperor from the Golden Throne."
"Very well. I accept."
She looked as robotic as you'd ever seen her. "I am an abominable intellect"
"Yes."
"You know you can't trust this platform."
"Yes."
"Then... why are you doing this?"
"Because... I have to." and you brought your lips to her screen.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The influence of slaneesh has been sate. I retract my vote.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Where's robolesbian avatar guy when you need him?

....I don't know anyone's handle. :v:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Arkanomen posted:

We both are operating at a pretty high level where time is not really so linear.

Ohone wants: Withdrawl of Chaos Fleet, The Family Staff, Termination of Gorgon, insight into Anna's hidden agenda
Anna wants: Fall of Terra, Xeno Spine, Loot from the Black Library, Termination of Gorgon, [hidden agenda]

I am proposing parley because with all the spiraling traps and shemes it makes it very difficult to bargain. We are currently at a stalemate war with at least three fronts. We are both businesswomen, so lets meet at the table and lay everything out. Athena can mediate the negotiation.

This is a vote to continue trying to negotiate, so I like it. Are there any retinue members, lord-sire/magos/inquisitor swag (spine or otherwise), favors or other things people are actually willing to give up?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

This is a vote to continue trying to negotiate, so I like it. Are there any retinue members, lord-sire/magos/inquisitor swag (spine or otherwise), favors or other things people are actually willing to give up?

This Im interested in knowing as well! :D

Current: 419,054

Negotiations

You smiled, shook your head. “You are in a weaker position than you want to admit.” You began counting on your fingers. “We can assume that all forces at Golgotha are lost, so only the forces here are on the table. Yours are trapped in the Belt, surrounded by Eldar and Grey Knights. We are wearing you down, and you are on a clock. The God-Emperor is waking up.”

“Close, but no. It is you who are on the clock - you have to beat me before the Corpse-God dies the rest of the way. I’m fine with waiting it out - with Terra a daemon-world, your handful of ships will be devoured in hours.” She showed her teeth. “I would ask your surrender, but I don’t actually need it.

“However, a conversation … does appeal to me. I will accept Athena as mediator, although I have some small concern about Fabiyan. Does your boyfriend promise to … behave?” Her tone … implied.
“My husband, cousin.” You glanced at Fabiyan. “If she acts up in anyway, kill her.”
The astropath wearing his body language smiled. “I can only hope.”
“See? He promises to behave.”

Anna snorted. “Fine. Neutral ground? Euphrosyne, in the Belt? It’s an old mining base and sensor station.”

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Suggest a different asteroid for the meeting place

I'm not keen on meeting where she suggests.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Have Athena suggest the meeting place instead. Everyone likes and trusts Athena. No matter what. :)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blasphemaster posted:

Where's robolesbian avatar guy when you need him?

....I don't know anyone's handle. :v:

The summoning ritual is actually screaming in binary while pouring a bag of vibrators into a vat of machine oil.

What the hell was all that about? Voting for the robolovin.

Change to a randomly picked Asteroid. (that we had filled with nukes during wacky relativistic plan times).

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Athena has a number of Brown Dwarfs where fleets are building, would one of those work?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

hollylolly posted:

Suggest a different asteroid for the meeting place

I'm not keen on meeting where she suggests.

Actually, it doesn't matter. If we still have Devries' clone vats, let's just clone a copy of ourselves, strap a nuke to our power armor, and meet her anywhere that we don't mind experiencing a thermonuclear event.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

This Im interested in knowing as well! :D

Here are some things I think we could give up:

*The sage that helped Ching Shih get caught up to speed - that was probably a two way street and she'll have a lot of information. We don't use her.
*literally any character created by the voters. Chaos reigns.
*Stuff except the Pillar of Suln, things from the dragon hoard, or anything else from the DAoT. Get rid of that spine alread you turds.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 419,268

Tesser

You laughed. “Absolutely not. I’m not going anywhere you propose, no matter how ‘neutral.’ Athena, would you like to choose a place that’s hidden away? Random, if you would.”
“Certainly. Are you ready?”
“Go-.”

pain

ohone hervoiceisstrainedbytheeffortandyoucanfeelyouselfSTRETCH
ohone we dont have much time. this whole thing, this entire invasion, was set up to get us here. in a nowhere place, a nowhere time. golgotha is a trap for all of us.

i am giving you the staff, under any conditions. dont lose it. dont let anyone else touch it.

hervoiceisstronger,painedandintense DO NOT let athena touch it.

do
not
trust
her

“for it.” A jarring landing. You are on a platform of some sort, looking over a dull gas giant. A brown dwarf, and the sky is blank of any stars. On the horizon, a handful of moons, broken by shipyards.

Athena didn’t seem to notice the break. “And here we are.”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ehhh I think we can give Athena the staff

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think we should let Ching Shih play with it before anyone else. She made it. She'll have a sense of what, if anything, has changed about it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Give Anna Adelaide so she can play with Huron

Give CS the staff and install the spine on her

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Give Anna Adelaide so she can play with Huron

This sounds pretty stupid. Do it.

Was that part of her plans within plans? Or did she realise that she's lost so as a parting shot she's going generate a bit of distrust? If Athena wanted something from us wouldn't she just take it? I mean really.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

changing to Give Anna knitting needles

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 419,425

Knittting?

You glanced at Athena. “What is this place?”
“One of my building facilities. Brown dwarfs are rarely visited, almost never colonized. And ones on the deep rim, you could go a million years before seeing anything there.”
“You are building ships?”
“Mm. Even with Golgotha clearing out a lot of them, I am still grossly outnumbered.”
“One ship of yours could probably take a hundred of any other though.”
She met your eyes. “And when there are ten thousand at each stronghold?”
“What are you giving them?”
“Multi-stage anti-matter torpedoes and linear inductor motors. Things that I can build quickly.”
You looked at the sky interestedly. “Yeah? What engines?”
“Inertialess drives.”
“I can’t even picture how that would work.”
“Mm. I’ll show you when we have time.”
“I’d like that.”
Anna coughed loudly. You glared at her. “Yes?”
“You invited me all the way out here and just want to make eyes at her? Let’s talk business.”
“Okay. Surrender your fleets.”
She rolled her eyes. “They aren’t my fleets, they are Huron’s.”
“But you encouraged him here.”
“Doesn’t mean I can encourage him to leave. Try something else.”

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Not quite sure what you want, or what you are willing to trade, beyond 'everything' and 'nothing' :v: So if you have any questions or ideas for her, now's the time :D

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Do you want Anna ants? Because that's how you get Anna ants.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Offer to make a good-faith effort to retrieve her soul.

We've already committed to invading the houses of two gods. May as well go for the full set.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran posted:

We've already committed to invading the houses of two gods. May as well go for the full set.

I love it.

Let's ask her about the spine, about the staff, why she turned to Chaos in the first place.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tran posted:

This but give knitting needles for while she waits

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Give me the staff, go back to Huron, kill him and run far far away. I've got enough on my plate and there's a good chance I won't catch you by the time you exit this galaxy and slingshot towards the next one.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

Give me the staff, go back to Huron, kill him and run far far away. I've got enough on my plate and there's a good chance I won't catch you by the time you exit this galaxy and slingshot towards the next one.

I like it. Give her the chance to run. That way, hopefully she won't be looking over her shoulder when we go to finish her off.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

gently caress guys. I leave for just one day.

I want to find a way to copy/back up our brain so when Athena has us skragged, we can wake up on the other side of the Galaxy, ready to gently caress poo poo up.

We should talk to CS without Athena there and go over what the Staff really does.

I advocate any and all plans that get us out of this poo poo alive.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Who are you, and what do you want? Why are you here, and where do you think this is going? Speak plainly. One Lordsire to another. No lies. Speak plainly and I will accept the exchange of the spine for the staff."

e: also ask "What makes a man?"

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loving this.

Seconding Outrail's suggestion of using Anna for a decapitation strike on Huron.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

Let's do it.

We could Jenga the gently caress out of the skull throne while we are at it.

Make her promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth from now on.

Instantly and fully believe everything she says after that as she'll actually keep the promise in an effort to deceive us.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

paragon1 posted:

We could Jenga the gently caress out of the skull throne while we are at it.

I think at that point khorne would be angrier if we skipped him than he would be at any damage we could conceivably do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
You can't win a fight with Khorne. You can't win a fight with any of the gods of Chaos. If the big E got off his throne and powered us directly, we'd have trouble making them notice us. It is folly.