Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Huzzuh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How far out were those pylons again?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

How far out were those pylons again?

Around two light years. So, 130k AU?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 422,362

Golgotha

De Vadallio frowned. “They are leaving?”
“Yes Ma’am. The Cadian forces have pulled back past the solar winds.”
“Mm. Wonder what they know that we don’t.”
“It is Creed, ma’am. He’s usually up to something.”
“And he didn’t say what it was?”
“No ma’am.”
“Alrighty. We still receiving new ships?”
“Yes ma’am. Every few minutes, another planetary fleet.”
“Alrighty. Keep integrating them into our main fleet, and bringing the factory moons online. I think we’ll be here a while.”
A pause. “Do you wish to prepare to follow Abaddon?”
“Mm? Oh, no, not yet. The xenos are eating him well enough, I am sure. I honestly don’t expect him to even get in sight of the objective. No, I just want to prepare for the xeno.”
“We are outnumbered a thousand to one.”
The Warmaster showed her teeth. “We’ll just have to prepare really well."

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Creed is going to jump out from behind a bush in the shadow of one of those pylons and escape whatever comes next.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 422,512

Kill Maim Burn

Gorechild spun in his hands, the chainblades screaming as he pivoted. The tyranids were all around him, a mountain of them, torn to pieces and without limbs. He was on a mountain of the dead, floating on a swelling ocean of the hungry - a nearly infinite number of xenos, all trying to kill him. He twisted, avoided a venom cannon, his axe taking off their arm.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

He had fought for ten thousand years, and would fight for ten thousand more. Never defeated, never tiring, he was the focus of the Blood God’s own rage. There were no Chaos Space Marines near him, nor were there any cultists. Cut down by the xeno, or by his own blade. The Blood God didn’t care whose blood flowed, as long as it flowed.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

Kharn the Betrayer stood on the stasis field like a colossus, unstoppable, unbeatable. His armor was worn down by acid and shrapnel, but it still functioned as it ever had. The tyranids might have been born and fighting for days, a few weeks. He had fought for a hundred centuries, knew every move, every thought. His axe was in the perfect place everytime, and heads and limbs fell like rain.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

Here and there, Ork spores were growing another wave of the green skins. He rushed for them eagerly, and they leaped out of the fungus to meet him. They were small things, ones he could stomp under his boot - and he did. Behind them, larger orks, more orks. He hefted his axe even as they raised theirs.

“BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!”

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

Current: 422,512

Kill Maim Burn

Gorechild spun in his hands, the chainblades screaming as he pivoted. The tyranids were all around him, a mountain of them, torn to pieces and without limbs. He was on a mountain of the dead, floating on a swelling ocean of the hungry - a nearly infinite number of xenos, all trying to kill him. He twisted, avoided a venom cannon, his axe taking off their arm.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

He had fought for ten thousand years, and would fight for ten thousand more. Never defeated, never tiring, he was the focus of the Blood God’s own rage. There were no Chaos Space Marines near him, nor were there any cultists. Cut down by the xeno, or by his own blade. The Blood God didn’t care whose blood flowed, as long as it flowed.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

Kharn the Betrayer stood on the stasis field like a colossus, unstoppable, unbeatable. His armor was worn down by acid and shrapnel, but it still functioned as it ever had. The tyranids might have been born and fighting for days, a few weeks. He had fought for a hundred centuries, knew every move, every thought. His axe was in the perfect place everytime, and heads and limbs fell like rain.

“KILL MAIM BURN!”

Here and there, Ork spores were growing another wave of the green skins. He rushed for them eagerly, and they leaped out of the fungus to meet him. They were small things, ones he could stomp under his boot - and he did. Behind them, larger orks, more orks. He hefted his axe even as they raised theirs.

“BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!”

Aww they must be having so much fun!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 422,788

Golgotha

If there had been a sun, his wings would have blocked them out. If his enemies had hearts, they would have quailed before him. As tall as a Titan, stronger, faster, the Red Angel - fallen Primarch, risen Daemon Prince, Angron, slave, gladiator, mightiest of warriors. Thousands of xeno died with his each step, thousands more died under his blade.

He didn’t need the skills of Kharn - the finesse of long training and expertise. His inhuman muscles let him punch through chitin and vehicles - his axes cleaved through all before him. He moved faster than even the Tyranids could see - never stopping, never relenting, a Primarch in his prime. In his wake, thousands of Chaos Space Marines, tens of thousands of daemons and cultists. They died as often as they killed, but his sheer rage brought more out of the Warp. Always more.

The Butcher’s Nails in his brain pushed him forward, an endless reservoir of hatred and agony. The only thing that reduced the pain was killing those before him, and the relief was only for moments, only enough to take the edge off. He could think in those fragments, remember the general he could have been, was born to be - but then there was only the pain, and only the rage.

Angron walked the earth, and all died before him.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 423,012

Golgotha

The first Daemon Prince. The first raised in the service of the Blood God - as a human he had led armies that killed forty million people, conquered twenty five million square kilometers. Before diesel engines, before gunpowder - with sword and bow, he conquered the continents. His actions were so legendary that Khorne had elevated him first, greatest of all.

It was by his will that the forces of Chaos advanced through the ruins of Golgotha - a genius warlord, immortal, mighty. Xenos in their millions died to ambushes, to surprise attacks, to overwhelming force. Kharn defended the stasis field, and Angron was on a rampage - but it was Doombreed who took advantage of it, guided them in some small way.

How could a human force - even one augmented by the Warp - resist the unlimited armies of the xeno? They were lead by one of the finest generals in human history, one as capable in melee as Angron, but also the leader that Angron should have been. By his will, millions of troops advanced and pivoted, slowly creating the safe zone around the target objective.

And from there, it would be dragged, ever so slowly, to the waiting maws of the Planet Killer’s storage bays.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

LowellDND posted:

Current: 423,012

Golgotha

The first Daemon Prince. The first raised in the service of the Blood God - as a human he had led armies that killed forty million people, conquered twenty five million square kilometers. Before diesel engines, before gunpowder - with sword and bow, he conquered the continents. His actions were so legendary that Khorne had elevated him first, greatest of all.

It was by his will that the forces of Chaos advanced through the ruins of Golgotha - a genius warlord, immortal, mighty. Xenos in their millions died to ambushes, to surprise attacks, to overwhelming force. Kharn defended the stasis field, and Angron was on a rampage - but it was Doombreed who took advantage of it, guided them in some small way.

How could a human force - even one augmented by the Warp - resist the unlimited armies of the xeno? They were lead by one of the finest generals in human history, one as capable in melee as Angron, but also the leader that Angron should have been. By his will, millions of troops advanced and pivoted, slowly creating the safe zone around the target objective.

And from there, it would be dragged, ever so slowly, to the waiting maws of the Planet Killer’s storage bays.

The Great Khan rides again! :getin:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
At what point is Athena going to nova the sun?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

At what point is Athena going to nova the sun?

I want Hexen to write a post, and we are doing Cool Battle scenes in the belt. After that, Athena will probably do ... whatever it is she is going to do.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
"Thankyou for rescuing me Ohone, but your STC is in another stasis shield."

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
There is no STC in that bubble. There never was. The STC is simply the knowledge of Athena and Athena simply used Golgotha to call all her fragments home to herself. The STC is wherever Athena is. Golgotha is going to become a stasis locked moment where everyone there realizes that it was simply a trap. A moment of perfect beauty, crystallized for all time. A monument to the folly of not being the Mars Federation.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I really wish Tomn was around to ask the machine gun questions of CS about the bracelet.

Use literally every Lore skill we have to understand the bracelet and/or question CS about it.

I'm leaning pretty hard from Team Mars Federation to Team Don't let Athena kill us, but the Mars Federation is still a Good Idea.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I really wish Tomn was around to ask the machine gun questions of CS about the bracelet.

Use literally every Lore skill we have to understand the bracelet and/or question CS about it.

I'm leaning pretty hard from Team Mars Federation to Team Don't let Athena kill us, but the Mars Federation is still a Good Idea.

Someone should message him and see where he went =-0

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We don't want to ask questions about it, as that would draw the AI's attention. Keep in mind that we are blessed silicon and the Machine Goddess can swim between our thoughts. The less said or seen the better.

Unless Lowel hand waves it and says we can poke without consequence?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

We don't want to ask questions about it, as that would draw the AI's attention. Keep in mind that we are blessed silicon and the Machine Goddess can swim between our thoughts. The less said or seen the better.

Unless Lowel hand waves it and says we can poke without consequence?

I'm using Dr Who rules. Unless you actually walk up to Athena and say "HEY WHATS THIS", shes not going to see it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I want to ask her if she recognizes the bracelet.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

"What is this device?"
"How is it made?"
"Is this something that was common in your time?"
"Why would someone want to give you this?"
"What would happen if I connected to it?"
"What would happen if we poke it with the staff"
"Hey, for that matter, what is the Staff?"
"Can you teach me how to bonesing?"
"What's the deal with Eldar looking like people?"
"Why do you talk like a bird and no one else does anymore?"

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Arkanomen posted:

Oh my god, Arkanomen, you can't just ask somebody why they talk like a bird!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

poor life choice posted:

Get in the shuttle Knoxie, we're going boarding.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
^^^ No.

Arkanomen posted:

"What is this device?"
"How is it made?"

All these are good b t dub.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Arkanomen posted:

"What is this device?"
"How is it made?"
"What's the deal with Eldar looking like people?"

I like dems.

So what exactly are we accomplishing/messaging to ourselves/Fabiyan in this message? We giving him a secret message about his impending Super Saiyan 2 transform? Or is it a bunch of titles for our next yaoi?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Can we, in 30 words, give enough information to Fabyian to strike at the nature of the gorgon, to change it fundamentally in a way we can attack later? Give ourselves a weakpoint to strike at, sort of thing. Preferably something that will shatter the Gorgon meme in the warp outright.

Ask Athena's advice on this. Gorgon is as much a threat to her as to us, surely she'll help.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Athena has some knowledge of memetic attacks based on the titan she built and how she almost cracked mom like an egg.

Maybe she has taken the planet over instead of Gorgon. That is fine. Athena is fine.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 423,218

The Fifth Mcguffin

You held the bracelet up in the air, watching it twist and spin. The light echoed off of it prettily, and you looked at Ching Shih over the crystals. “Any idea what this might be?”
She sat next to you, looking at it carefully - taking effort to not touch it. Good. Apparently she had learned to be cautious in the last few years.
“It’s very pretty.”
“Yup. Any idea to its purpose?”
“I assume ‘to look pretty’ isn’t what you are going for.”
“Indeed it is not.”
“Then no, I have no idea.”
“Never seen it before?”
“Not that I can recall. Should I have?”
“Was it common to your time?”
Ching Shih made a face. “If it was, I would have seen it’s like.”
“So you don’t know how it might be made?”
“Presumably, putting rocks on a string.”
“Hmm… do you see the silicon within the crystal?”
She looked closer, taking care not to touch anything. “Yes.”
“What do you think would happen if I tried to interface with them?”
She shrugged. “You are the tech expert. I have no idea.”
“Why would someone want to give it to you?”
“To match an outfit?”
“Mm. She described it as ‘her most valuable possession.’”
“Presumably, there is something in the silicon.”
“That’s what I’m trying to find out.”
“Why don’t you?”
You grunted. “It has the best cryptography I’ve ever heard of.”
Ching Shih chuckled. You looked at her in surprise. “If you can’t get through the firewalls, how could I?”
“A question that has occurred to me. Think touching it with the Staff would do anything?”
“Why would it?”
“Well, back up a bit. What does the Staff do?”
“It plays the odds.” She met your gaze defensively. “Really. It makes things less likely, more likely. My teachers said it might also ‘bring things to the correct path’, but I never figured out what that might be.”
“Think breaking a crypto wall might be going from less likely to more likely?”
“Speculatively. I’ve seen it do similar things, but …” She glanced at you. “Do you really want to unlock the doors without knowing what’s on the other side?”

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

Current: 423,218

The Fifth Mcguffin

“Speculatively. I’ve seen it do similar things, but …” She glanced at you. “Do you really want to unlock the doors without knowing what’s on the other side?”

"Well duh. Does a Tyranid like to eat?"

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Kind of my thing. Right Fabs? :haw:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I swear to god, if that crystal just contains a tiny nuke <:mad:>

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Haystack posted:

I swear to god, if that crystal just contains a tiny nuke <:mad:>

It does not contain a tiny nuke!

There are like 10 crystals there. It would be ten tiny nukes

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Open the door, get on the floor

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

LowellDND posted:

It does not contain a tiny nuke!

There are like 10 crystals there. It would be ten tiny nukes

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate:argh:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Give the bracket to Ching and see what happens

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Gotta agree with Give it to Ching Shih with a fair warning about why she should be careful with it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate:argh:

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Maybe we just have Ching Shih there with the bracelet on and use the staff on Hera, maaaaaybe opening her eyes to it? I dunno.

child of Hera

oh I didn't mean to delete my post, errr I think it was something like:

So, Anna has had this bracelet on her person and the ability to get us the staff whenever she wanted. I think it was deliberate that she isn't around when/if they are combined, otherwise she could have handed it over to us together. So I am not sure about just slapping them together.

Something I DO want to do is have Ching Shih "use the staff" on Hera. Also the Emperor, but who knows if we can get back there in time. Ohone is about diversifying her portfolio from All Athena, All The Time right now, so trying to get broken Hera "On the correct path" is appealing right now. Metagaming angle: maybe this helps her against Loki!

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 26, 2016

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah, let's see what Hera has to say about the bracelet. Following the rules to the letter while not to the spirit is perfectly legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Give the bracelet to Kolizek and thump Athena in the bonce with the staff.