Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Unwise_Cashew posted:

I'd forgotten how much I love watching us collectively devolve into poor life choices and chances to run face-first into a nuclear reaction.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

These keep cropping up everywhere! Who even writes them?!

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Give shards
Waci
viva miriya
don vincenzo
hexen
5 subtle
esser
lonk
dachshund
meteliodes
10 LIG

Dont
Rahul
sultan
hot dog
hiho
5 jt jag
reign
random
sniper
outrail
10 PLC
alhair
grognan
unwise
zybourne
15 vansandman
LCT

vote not closed, but looks like we’re playing it safe
also, tell fabian about athena, take off armor, talk with eldar

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

don't what the hell is wrong with you
Wait I want to see this train wreck happen give her the shards

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
DONT GIVE ATHENA THE SHARDS

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

quote:

I always took Devries stories to be over the top romances with a lot of heavy, mournful sighs in empty parlors and stoic stares out into the cold void. Lovers kept apart by duty, honor and psychic screaming spiders, only to briefly catch a thousand wordless promises in each other's eyes when they passed each other on the command deck and to commit to a secret midnight rendezvous beneath the glowing reactor core of the ship. But fate would play its feathery hand once again as a lone Kreig trooper on patrol would hear the labored breathing of his captain and would douse the romantic fires in his panic that the captain was experiencing cardiac arrest. Shamed, the Lordsire would retreat to her emotional redoubt of duty and station setting up the next novel with another installment of "will she/won't she"

Since we were talking about the new romance novel :v:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

Since we were talking about the new romance novel :v:

:syoon: what an unexpected romantic story from a deranged rear end in a top hat junkie

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Have Athena Eat the shards to gain their power.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 426,291

Today’s music: Precious by Depeche Mode

War plans

You made a face, then shrugged. “I like to think you’ll tell me the information when I need to know, even if you are keeping secrets now.”
“As much as I can, yes.”
“Mm. Let’s go see this meeting, see what the Eldar want. Something involving us getting trapped while they fly for the horizon, no doubt.”
“You going to bring the Staff?”
You considered. “No, I don’t anyone else to know we have it just yet. This is one of the most secure rooms in the ship, and I have a camera on it just in case.”
“Alrighty. Back to the conference we go.”

The Astropath was staring vacantly when you arrived, then jerked as the projection took hold. “Ah, you are back.” His smile was warm, like you remembered.
“Yeah, sorry about the delay. Took longer than I expected.”
“How did the negotiations go?”
“Anna is withdrawing from the battle.”
“Thank the God-Emperor.” The relief in his voice was palpable. “And the Staff?”
“In a safe place. I’ll tell you in person.”
“Good… good. We might come out of this mess after all.”
You smiled. “It’s me.”
He did that almost-smile. “I know.”

“So, the Eldar ready?”
He cocked his head as if listening. “Yes, they just finished their own meeting. Claim they knew you would be ready now.”
“Got to maintain that illusion of omniscience.”
“Yup. You ready?”
You took a breath, nodded. “Let’s do this.”

Images appeared in front of you, projections brought forth by xeno technology. Faces you recognized, though it took you a moment to remember from where. Farseer Kaydras, who had offered to help you at the Inquisitorial Conclave. Galahad, who had travelled the Webways with you, and Limosa’s son.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Don't give her the shards.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"So what do you husband stealing pointy eared half monkeighs want, or did you just come over to tug your prognosticators at me ?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Greet them in a made up language. Then get to business.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Galahads presence offends us, remove him from our sight at once

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Don't be a petty idiot

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Flip them off, but only in your mind. Don't physically flip them off

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
How about we don't make a scene before we're even introduced to the primary delegates, m'kay?

We're at least nominally supposed to be cooperating with them.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Absebntmindedly attend meeting while playing a Dwarf Fortress VLP on the main viewscreen.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I feel like we don't have to vote to not fling poop anymore. Ohone is Mars Fed/Inquisition and will be reasonable-ish when maneuvering for a future for humanity.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tell them to remember the Updog, then in 1000 years as we are purging the last of their cursed kind, the final eldar will look upon us and ask "What is Updog?" we will laugh heartily with Tzeench about the joke while vigorously stomping and screaming "Nothing much, how 'bout you!"

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

poor life choice posted:

I feel like we don't have to vote to not fling poop anymore. Ohone is Mars Fed/Inquisition and will be reasonable-ish when maneuvering for a future for humanity.

Yeah, the currently prevalent paradigm has an implicit level of diplomacy so (hopefully) we're not going to pop up on screen with "Hail to thee, knife-eared interlopers!"

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Fine, but scowling is mandatory. :colbert:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We could make it obvious we have noting but distain for then while also making it clear we want to work together towards a common goal.

E.g: The British and Americans.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Outrail posted:

We could make it obvious we have noting but distain for then while also making it clear we want to work together towards a common goal.

E.g: The British and Americans.

Any of the Anglophone countries really.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah, the currently prevalent paradigm has an implicit level of diplomacy so (hopefully) we're not going to pop up on screen with "Hail to thee, knife-eared interlopers!"

Man, at the same time, ya boy Arkanomen presents a really strong argument for hissing and farting:

Arkanomen posted:

Tell them to remember the Updog, then in 1000 years as we are purging the last of their cursed kind, the final eldar will look upon us and ask "What is Updog?" we will laugh heartily with Tzeench about the joke while vigorously stomping and screaming "Nothing much, how 'bout you!"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Givin a holla from the early Conclave bits to say you made a good thread LowellDND.

I will probably catch up to the thread by the end of the weekend maybe.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Givin a holla from the early Conclave bits to say you made a good thread LowellDND.

I will probably catch up to the thread by the end of the weekend maybe.

Welcome, good to have you! :D and thank you =^_^=

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Semicanonical

You met the Seer’s eyes, made a mocking bow. “mamI' DaneH'a'? nItebHa' mamI' DaneH'a'?”
He looked at you, bemused. Everyone else blinked. There was an awkward silence.

Ching Shih finally spoke. “Ah, that’s my fault. I was teaching her languages from the Great Crusade. It means ‘A star shines on our hour of meeting.’ The reply is QotDI' gheDtlhejbe' wamwI'.”
Galahad looked at her, then nodded. “QotDI' gheDtlhejbe' wamwI'.”

Ching Shih gave a small smile.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Look at Ching Shih with incredulous contempt and say "toppa' quvHa'! chay' chotIch 'e' DaHech? betleH qaDmey law' vIQapta' 'ej batlh may'mey law'Daq romuluSnganpu' vISuvta' 'ej wejvatlh 'op yaymey vIchavta'! Duj vIq po'wI' jIH 'ej tlhIngan Hubbeq yaS'e' jIH quv law' Hoch quv puS. qabejDI', HoH quv 'eb vIlegh neH. qaHoHDI' jIqu' 'ej yav velchoHchu' 'Iw; not HoHvam rurbogh wanI''e' leghpu' vay'. 'e' yIqel romuluSngan vum!"

Spend fate if necessary.

Waci fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 31, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Call Galahad petaQ from now on. Knoxie too.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 31, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Look at the know-it-all space elves and say “Véla i assaila umë polë cenë ilyë mettar.”

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Look at the know-it-all space elves and say “Véla i assaila umë polë cenë ilyë mettar.”

That's Elvish, isnt it?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

yeah it means “For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” Pretty appropriate for time loving space elves that give no fucks about mon'keighs.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:psyduck: WHAT? Am I missing out on some sort of gibberish translator?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ching Shih has been teaching Ohone the language of nerds: Klingon

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Haha. Continue the lie. At the end of the meeting send the delegate a Klingon for Dummies manual indicating that it is a very formalized yet obscure early earth diplomatic language. While most humans will not understand it we thought he would appreciate the opportunity to address humans in such a manner.

He's a dipshit snotty space elf so of course he's going to start speaking it to confused high ranking humans to feel superior. Everyone gets trolled.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current situation:

Chaos forces at Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, Hygeia. Engaged in land and space battles against Imperial troops.
Slave revolt at Hygeia, led by Tribunes.

Titan is on Jupiter side of the Belt, with multiple companies of Grey Knights.
Eldar Craftworlds on Mars side of Belt, along with Fabs and a company of Grey Knights.

Mars is building more ships, Terra is holding the Imperial Fists in reserve.
Your ship is near Terra/Luna.

How do you want the Craftworlds/your ship to be deployed?

You could put all four ships at Pallas, or split them evenly, or just hold everything in reserve. Your ship will follow your orders, the Eldar ... should.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Do we have the juice for Exterminatus on one or all? Just curious.

If we lose a planetoid but they lose all their ground troops deployed there it may be easier to board the remaining, now-depleted ships.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The slave revolt is at Pallas no?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Use the knowledge of the great defenders of Terra and deploy assets accordingly.

In other words, I dunno?

Also I already voted for this but again: don't show Athena the shards, dummy

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

hollylolly posted:

Also I already voted for this but again: don't show Athena the shards, dummy

Yeah, that one is like 5-7 ahead by now. CS will hold on to them =^_^=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Space is essentially about running zone defense, fighter screens and covering avenues of escape. Offense can move in three dimensions to sneak around defenses. This requires splitting forces away from contested zones and having offense turn into a defensive retreat. Defense is more tricky where it is more about zones of influence. Our four bases occupy the main bulk of the attackers. Attackers have to keep these bases suppressed or they will quickly turn into supply points for wider spheres of influence. We have to be sparing about fleets leaving these bodies because they can quickly be culled by splint fleets which can then sneak through to our inner defenses.

We have to turn this siege into and offensive without losing any traction, unless we deliberately force the attackers along an avenue. Pallas is currently pushing the attack away while the other three are holding. We cannot trick our opponent, but we can force him to make costly decisions. If we weaken one point of defense while diverting the removed material to the other three points, they will have to move their troops in. If they don't then they will take massive losses as the reinforced points take out more ships. We then set the losing world to explode with the nastiest crap we have. We then sandwich them between inner world defenses and the troops from our hard points.