Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Skellybones posted:

Someone needs to make a summary of the various death, near-death, and what-the-gently caress Warp experiences so far because I've lost track of them all.

First encounter with Abraxus, second encounter with Abraxus, drop pod DDay, psider, Travis the assasin, iloveyou virus, tyranids, fighting the first Magos, waking Athena, getting literally nuked, going through the Webway, fighting the second Magos, getting literally beheaded by the Magos, iloveyou virus, third encounter with Abraxus/Gorgon, getting literally killed in the Warp, being thrown to Krieg, talking with the God-Emperor in 30k, waking Hera, face-melting meeting with the God-Emperor in 40k, and negotiating with Anna.

I'm sure I missed some.

Loel fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

meteloides posted:

most of us aren't in thrall to the ruinous powers and thus making bad calls.

actually who am I kidding, we've died twice and had the flesh melted off our bones once, this game is all about horrible calls

it's more fun that way

plus there's no chaos god or xeno/AI that is as evil as John Elway.

next arc: the return of blood bowl

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Making a thing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWrb9KjZx7OcOxPm0A3hU4KwV74dxHd3eaydDi53Wng/edit#gid=0

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Lowell's theory of catgirls over time.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What's green vs red?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

What's green vs red?

Gained votes, Lost votes

edit: or gain percentage, lost percentage

In First Place! Mars Fed has gone from 52% of votes to 32%
In Second Place! Catgirl has gone from 0% to 31%!
And in Third Place, =][= has gone from 29% to 19%!

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 9, 2016

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

Gained votes, Lost votes

edit: or gain percentage, lost percentage

In First Place! Mars Fed has gone from 52% of votes to 32%
In Second Place! Catgirl has gone from 0% to 31%!
And in Third Place, =][= has gone from 29% to 19%!

We are going to fry

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

VanSandman posted:

We are going to fry

everyone in the Imperium is either terrified of us or respects us, so we can do whatever we want, p much

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So I found a thing http://sortinghatchats.tumblr.com/post/121904186113/the-basics

I think Ohone would probably be Gryffindor primary/Ravenclaw secondary

quote:

Gryffindor Primaries trust their moral intuitions and have a need and a drive to live by them. They feel what’s right in their gut, and that matters and guides them. If they don’t listen to and act on that, it feels immoral.

We call Gryffindor morality “felt” but that doesn’t mean they’re all impetuous, emotional hellions. Gryffindors can still be intelligent, deliberate creatures who weigh their decisions and moralities carefully. Reasoning, intellectualizing and debate can be support for a Gryffindor’s felt morality– but those things can never make a fully satisfying morality in themselves. Some things are just wrong, no matter what pretty words you use to explain them.

Ravenclaw Secondaries plan. They collect information, they strategize. They have tools. They run hypotheticals and try to plan ahead for things that might come up. They build things (of varying degrees of practicality and actual usefulness) that they can use later– whether that’s an emergency supply pack, a vast knowledge of Renaissance artistic techniques and supplies, or a series of lists and contingency plans. They feel less at home in improvisation and more comfortable planning ahead and taking the time to be prepared.

I think Fabiyan might be ...

quote:

Ravenclaw Primaries have a constructed system that they test their decisions against before they feel comfortable calling something right. This system might be constructed by them, or it might have been taught to them as children, or it might have been discovered by them some point later in life. But it gives them a way to frame the world and a confidence in their ability to interact with it morally.

Ravenclaws do not lack an intuitive sense of morality or gut feeling about things, but they distrust those instincts and have a need to ignore or to dig down deep and dissect those internal moral impulses. Living within their built moral system is as important to a Ravenclaw as to a Gryffindor; it’s the source of the morality that differs between them–what they trust.

Hufflepuff Secondaries toil. Their strength comes from their consistency and the integrity of their method. They’re our hard workers. They build habits and systems for themselves and accomplish things by keeping at them. They have a steadiness that can make them the lynchpin (though not usually the leader) of a community. While stereotyped as liking people and being kind (and this version is perhaps a common reality), a Hufflepuff secondary can also easily be a caustic, introverted misanthrope who runs on hard work alone.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That is the nerdiest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen an MLP LARP.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That is the nerdiest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen an MLP LARP.

We could also do Myers Briggs! :D https://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

Ohone:

quote:

INTJ: The outside contractor

INTJs are solid, competent personalities who may seem aloof and even arrogant, but who are typically highly skilled in any field which interests them. INTJs are confident in their skills and knowledge, self-assured, and imaginitive; their exceptional problem-solving skills make them ideal architects, auto mechanics, and tools of the evil empire. While it requires the driving will to conquer of an ENTJ to imagine the Death Star and the evil genius of an ENTP to invent its devastating weapons systems, the skill and technical prowess of the INTJ is what makes the whole thing work.

The INTJ sees life as a problem to be solved. For that reason, the INTJ is the person a company brings in from the outside to streamline production processes and identify redundant assets for termination. The INTJ's combination of analyticial problem-solving skills and complete and utter disregard for the morality or consequences of his actions also make him ideal for the job of hatchet man, CIA operative, and helpdesk operator.

RECREATION: INTJs are often baffled by the strange and incomprehensible recreational rituals of other people, such as going to parties, watching television, and having sex. Instead, they prefer to spend their leisure time installing twin missile launchers in their cars to deter tailgaters and playing chess with megalomaniac CEOs of the Tyrell corporation.

COMPATIBILITY: Silly person, INTJs don't have relationships! They may, however build their own friends.

Fabiyan can be

quote:

ESTJ: The Bureaucrat

Like ESFJs, ESTJs value continuity and order. They have outstanding organizational skills, and are meticulousand detail-oriented. Unlike ESFJs, ESTJs are followers and joiners; they are happiest when they belong to organizations, the larger and more mind-numbing the better. ESFJs often have an abnormal obsession with being normal at all costs.

ESTJs thrive in occupations which best utilize their organizational skills, such as driver's license bureau worker, junior bank teller, postal employee, COBOL programmer, or any other profession which involves long periods of mind-crushing tedium, preferably involving counting things. Quiet and courageous, they can perform difficult tasks other personality types are not well-suited for, such as denying health insurance benefits to crippled children with leukemia. They also make excellent extras in Hollywood movies.

RECREATION: ESTJs enjoy the company of others, and are often fixtures at office parties, where they cut loose by working the photocopier that the naked ESFP is sitting on. They also enjoy lining up sharp pencils on an otherwise clear desk.

COMPATIBILITY: ESTJs make good companions for ESFJs; the ESFJ lays down how it's going to be, and the ESTJ happily bounds along like a puppy dog. A big, orderly, tidy puppy dog that loves to count things.

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 9, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Where my ENTPs at

e: lol classic INFJ

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I looked at the header of the page for Team Paranoia. INFJ. I'm not going to dignify some stupid personality test by quoting the answer.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Personality Tests in the 41st Millennium are inscrutable archaeotech of the most esoteric kind.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Fabiyan is my spirit animal, asking all of the right questions that keep screaming themselves over and over in my head until Athena launches a moon at Terra.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

Fabiyan is my spirit animal, asking all of the right questions that keep screaming themselves over and over in my head until Athena launches a moon at Terra.

If Amacita was the only decent person in the story, Fabiyan is the only sane one :v:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Amacita was just naive. Fabs is the only decent one.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Fabiyan is the only one that plans further ahead than their next Jack Nicholson Creep Grin Gif.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

If Amacita was the only decent person in the story, Fabiyan is the only sane one :v:

good thing he's married to Ohone and is her voice of reason, or the Imperium would be screwed

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

meteloides posted:

good thing he's married to Ohone and is her voice of reason, or the Imperium would be screwed

Shoot him in the heeeeaaaaadddddd!!!

Edit: Bolded, for clarity.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 9, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

That's like, the literal opposite of what you agreed with him :colbert:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Outrail posted:

are you that much of a Tzeentch worshipper that you'd kill off your own husband?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Quick! Post more semi-canon fanfic of fabiyan being a traitor to sway the thread! It worked last time!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Shoot Outrail out the airlock!

Nobody shoot Fabyian or Athena. Or Limosa. Or Edouard. Actually we might have to shoot Ed one day.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LowellDND posted:

That's like, the literal opposite of what you agreed with him :colbert:

Corpse-lord forbid anyone accuse us of acting irrationally.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 432,572

Sleep well and wake

You could feel him kiss your back. “So I was thinking.”
“Mm?”
“We might be in a better position than I thought.”
You turned, smiled at him. “I like the position we’re in now.”
“With Anna gone, Huron has a weaker hand.”
“Ah.” You sighed. “Work talk.”
“Sorry. Got to thinking.”
“No, it’s fine. Go ahead.”
“Warbands of the Great Enemy are fragile at the best of times, right?”
“Well. Some more than others. The Blood God is the most likely, for example.”
“But still, they lose their leader, they’ll turn on themselves.”
You considered it. “Mm … possibly, yeah.”
“So, we take out their leader.”
“Go in, all guns blazing?”
“Sure. This ship is faster than anything they might have, and with more firepower.”
You frowned. “It’s risky. Will we have the Craftworlds as back up?”
“You know them. It’s hard to get them to commit to anything.”
“Still. Our ship versus a quarter of the ships of the Maelstrom?”
“Most of them are committed to Ceres. There’s only a small group acting as their leadership fleet.”
“Mm. So, run through their lines, punch out Huron, and all the forces chasing us turn on each other.”
“Yeah. It will make it a lot easier to pick off the survivors, as opposed to fighting a united front.”
You blinked. “It’s … an aggressive move. Audacious, even. You don’t usually go for the high risk choices.”
He shrugged. “We don’t have time to fortify things the way I would like, and they aren’t marching into my prepared traps.”
“I suppose. I don’t picture any problems actually fighting their leadership fleet, but getting through or around the bulk of their forces has me nervous.”
He nodded. “That’s fair. We don’t have to commit to it immediately, or at all. Just an idea I had.”
You pulled him close. “I like your ideas.”

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: The Three Amigos. Location: The Empiricist, Eastern Fringe, Ultima Segmentum.

Athena, Sebekh and Ohone stood overlooking a vast operating suite. Thousands of surgical arrays like jellyfish hanging over operating slabs manned by just as many figures in blue robes. Each bed was home to an unconscious human body, moved onto the slabs for surgery and then moved off the slabs to the recovery wards.

"The nanoserum is working better than anticipated. The menials are averaging seventy-two to ninety-four minutes before they are able to return to their labours. I've been keeping track and subsequent to enhancement, the menials are reporting feeling refreshed and able to perform extended shifts without additional fatigue after only three hours of sleep. The subsequent reduction in fatigue has had the added benefit of increasing morale amongst the menials by approximately 32.9324%, especially among those menials with children." Ohone reported with a smile. She seemed happiest when working on research projects of a beneficial nature.

"I'm glad your pet project has proven to be so successful. My Chronokineticists have been reporting figures that support your assessment." Sebekh nodded his appreciation as he reached into the suites below, connecting with hundreds of the camera feeds and diagnostic outputs and watching precisely what was being done. The combination of nanobot-driven internal enhancements and larger surgical modifications took less than ten minutes per body. A fact that impressed him considerably. His student was advancing in skill in mere weeks what would have taken another centuries. He mused on what he would have been capable of at this moment had he been given the same advantages when he was as young as she. He made a note to ask Athena about temporal transmission of large volumes of data.

Almost as though she knew he was deep in thought, Athena nudged him. "I'd be surprised if you hadn't been elbow-deep too, Sebekh. What's this project you earmarked in the research database marked 'Perfecti'? You've put more project hours into it than almost anything else lately."

Jolted from his thoughts he caught himself immediately and turned to face her with more than a little bit of a prideful smile. "I'll show you later. I think you'll approve."

"I also noticed we're heading fringeward. Any particular reason?"

"Again, I'll show you later." His grin broadened.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 28, 2020

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

SoL:WANTED
pre:
                      -----Wanted-----
    Brave Souls with which to explore the depths of Terra 
            Survival and fighting skills are a must
               Dead weight will not be tolerated 
             Gear will be provided upon request
                Timeframe: As long as we last

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

What do we think of Fabiyan's idea?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

SoL:WANTED
pre:
                      -----Wanted-----
    Brave Souls with which to explore the depths of Terra 
            Survival and fighting skills are a must
               Dead weight will not be tolerated 
             Gear will be provided upon request
                Timeframe: As long as we last

:allears:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Fabiyan's plan is: good.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Yo Addie, you down for a tunnel run?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Addie and Travvie are still causing havoc in the belt. We have plenty of tribunes on Terra to make this new suicide run.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I like Plan Fabs because who doesn't want to be flying around a massive space battle with Chaos having our Dragon blasting "I'm a Dragon! Suck my diiiiiiiiiick!"?

And Tribunes being expendable going into the depths of Terra? Yes!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I like Plan Fabs because who doesn't want to be flying around a massive space battle with Chaos having our Dragon blasting "I'm a Dragon! Suck my diiiiiiiiiick!"?

And Tribunes being expendable going into the depths of Terra? Yes!

Looking at my list, we have options of... Theta, Kaydae, Repley, Tibus, Jo3, Lesari, Yan Shen, Anise and Saffron, Cantor, and Chanti and Salmari. Lot of mutants because we're going in the underhives.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Not enough Eldar on this suicide run. Seems like it should be right up their sparkly alley. If they even have alleys on the Craftworlds.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
DO IT, TELEPORT ON THE BRIDGE AND INFERNO RING HIM

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

LowellDND posted:

Go big or go home

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

I've been firmly pro-decapitation-strike since the get-go so Let's melta the other half of Huron's body so it matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

this sounds like an excellent idea. Fabiyan comes up with the best plans.