Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Agree to Dual Citizenship on condition that MarsFed is allied with the Imperium until such time as it overtakes all mankind through sheer technological and cultural superiority. Sign Treaty as lawful representative of the Imperium etc. etc.

Then Orbital drop through the palace roof in our SuperTitan and affix the treaty to the emperor's chest with a staple gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Blasphemaster posted:

Agree to Dual Citizenship on condition that MarsFed is allied with the Imperium until such time as it overtakes all mankind through sheer technological and cultural superiority. Sign Treaty as lawful representative of the Imperium etc. etc.

Then Orbital drop through the palace roof in our SuperTitan and affix the treaty to the emperor's chest with a staple gun.

man, and we just got a new body again, too

yes to dual citizenship but with conditions and then pile on the fine print. turn the tables on her. if she balks, mention our conversation with Fabiyan

edit: wait, if Fabiyan co-signs it, then it's technically under the Emperor's command, right? Living Saint representative and all

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

meteloides posted:

man, and we just got a new body again, too

yes to dual citizenship but with conditions and then pile on the fine print. turn the tables on her. if she balks, mention our conversation with Fabiyan

The Titan would protect us. For the stapling we could use a long-rear end mechadendrite coming out of it like a creepily huge nostril hair. :v:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
how does citizenship of the mars fed work with Hera / Loki / any other Minds out there

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Blasphemaster posted:

The Titan would protect us. For the stapling we could use a long-rear end mechadendrite coming out of it like a creepily huge nostril hair. :v:

loving lmao

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

how does citizenship of the mars fed work with Hera / Loki / any other Minds out there

maybe we should ask around, at least ask Hera. she's our ship's AI so she's gotta be looking out for us, right?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
That's a good idea, who knows what other side effects citizenship may have that Athena isn't telling us.

Consult!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

if we must consult, couch it in theoretical terms, as though it's something we're interested in doing. Do not alert Hera to the actual plan.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Ask Athena the difference between the current restrictions and "all reasonable speed" because I've got kind of an idea what that means.

:commissar:

I mean, we should probably take the citizenship anyway since once we're Science Queen or whatever we finally have some theoretical leverage over her.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 10, 2016

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
also yall should really appreciate this decision for the "NO COMING BACK, SAVE BEFORE YOU ENTER HERE" point it truly is

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Which is why we should ABSOLUTELY ASK all the questions I had. Also can Fabyian come too?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

also yall should really appreciate this decision for the "NO COMING BACK, SAVE BEFORE YOU ENTER HERE" point it truly is

Yeah. If any point in the thread was going to be our Rubicon, this is probably it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah. If any point in the thread was going to be our Rubicon, this is probably it.

Good point. We always figured Athena was sending all of the major military powers to Golgotha to get out of the way so she could make her move, and I suppose this is her asking us politely if we want to get in on the ground floor of the AI coup of the galaxy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Side idea: Strapping a strobing top tier gellar field generator to an ICBM and firing a swarm of them through a chaos Gods front door as a precursor to our arrival.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

Side idea: Strapping a strobing top tier gellar field generator to an ICBM and firing a swarm of them through a chaos Gods front door as a precursor to our arrival.

I like the cut of your jib

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Switching from Team Catgirl to Mars Federation.

Accept Athena's offer.

Find a new hat to wear as a way of celebrating our new job.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Volmarias posted:

Ask Athena the difference between the current restrictions and "all reasonable speed" because I've got kind of an idea what that means.

:commissar:

I mean, we should probably take the citizenship anyway since once we're Science Queen or whatever we finally have some theoretical leverage over her.

I thought we were already Science Queen, seeing as we're a magos (as well as Inquisitor and Rogue Trader) at a ridiculously young age and the Fabricator-General thinks we're pretty cool.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo, Privateer Ship "Eminent Domain", Aeolus IX.

"Three inhabitable worlds in the Aeolus system and Renton had to pick the shithole." Blackfinger's bodyguard Marrow muttered under his breath. He flicked oily water off his shoulder irritatedly. "And this loving rain." He wiped his hand on his trouser leg, kicking a dumpster. The spike-toed boot clanked loudly and broke a hole in the rusted bin.

"That's why umbrella carrier is a well-paying profession." Blackfinger observed, gesturing into the street, where the throngs were divided into those that could pay and those that could not.

"Your mother's an umbrella carrier." Marrow smirked and moved under an overhang. He produced a spiced lho-stick and ignited the tip. "Throne Above you can loving taste it in the air. Ugh."

"You piss and moan more than my sister, and she nagged two men into early graves. Shut up before you do the same thing to me."

Marrow responded with a sarcastic and overblown courtly bow. "But of course, your majesticness."

Blackfinger didn't even look at him as the middle finger of his augmetic hand slowly extended where it hung by his side. "Tit."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Awwww, kitty :love: ITT.

Also:

"First you act like I don't know how to bathe, then you force even further indignity upon me by photographing the incident. Your uppance will come, pinkmeat."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

"Where is this? Where am I?"

"I was fighting the great enemy in a glorious battle at the Ocean World of Sapiencia."

"Oh Great Emperor, preserve us."

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Is that cat pregnant or just fat?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Baby, what happened to you? your belly's nekkid and you're soaking wet!

you need to cut down on the catnip, friend

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

There is such an obvious pun here but I'll leave that to a different goon.

Cat seriously doesnt give a gently caress though.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It has been [0] days since an incident.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

VanSandman posted:

Is that cat pregnant or just fat?

Very old and very fat.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

accept
waci
zybourne

clarify
sniper
van sandman
LCT
hexen
volmarias

do not undermine imperium
jt
sniper

integration
tran
paragon
outran

dual citizenship
blasphemaster
metaloides

yes undermine
waci

upgrade
ark

Looks like I'll do a cluster of clarify/integrate/dual citizenship and see what happens.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 433,314

Smaller print

“How disruptive would ‘all possible speed’ be?”
“Very. Massive technological and cultural shifts, co-option of existing government structures, so on and so forth.”
“Yeah, let’s not do that. I’m not sure you appreciate how much inertia is built into the system.”
“I’ll defer to you on that, then.”
“Thank you. Would there be problems if I wanted to maintain my citizenship within the Imperium and Mechanicus?”
“I don’t see why not. Identity used to be … a lot more flexible.”
“Mm. And I’m guessing you are picturing that the Mars Federation will replace the Mechanicus.”
“In a matter of speaking. Modified ideology in regards to research practices and human rights.”
“Not sure what you mean with that second one, but I assume you mean heretek and the like.”
“That would be the current term for it, yes.”
“Okay. So do you think you can shift the Mechanicus to MarsFed without substantial disruption?”
“Define disruption.”
“Under 50% casualties.”
“Certainly.”
“Under 10%.”
“... Probably.”
“Under 1%.”
“On a galactic scale, all Forge-worlds? … Maybe.”
“And Imperial worlds?”
“I feel it better to focus on one ideological system at a time.”
“So - in this picture - the transitional MarsFed would maintain dual empires with the Imperium, until it was obvious that it had bypassed it entirely.”
“That sounds about right, yes. Luxury goods and high end technologies would bleed over, cause a detrimental effect on the autocracy.”
“Wouldn’t that be disruptive?”
“Usually, yes, but we would have systems in place to replace them. It would be a smooth transition.”
“I see. And this initial stage on Golgotha. It sounds like it has immense casualties.”
“And use of restricted technologies, yes.”
“Which are those?”
She looked away uncomfortably. “Temporal emitters. Longer than the currently authorized three seconds.”
“How much longer?”
“It’ll be a stasis field.”
You paused. “How big? And for how long?”
“Essentially, the system. The stars will go out before the field drops.”
You stared at her. “That must take a ludicrous amount of power.”
“It’s essentially all I’ve been building.”
“You can build them but not activate them?”
“Under current restrictions, yes.”
“What will happen to the Imperial troops in the area?”
“I’ve already moved as much of them as I could out of the range. They will be fine.”
“How much is that?”
She considered. “Perhaps ten percent of galactic forces, pre-battle?”
“How many enemies of the Imperium do you expect to escape?”
Athena showed her teeth in a smile. “Zero.”
“Really?”
“I was very careful. They are all focused on each other.”
“And the Olympus.”
“Yes, and the Olympus.”
“What happens if I say no?”
“I will keep their attention as long as I can. That might be decades, might be centuries.”
“How soon could do you it?”
“A short time. Perhaps weeks.”
“Would this authorization take place for a future event?”
She shrugged. “Or I could give you a button, when everything is ready.”
“What are the side effects of your plan?”
Athena smiled. “None. All enemy forces have been moved from the galaxy to Golgotha, and contained.”
“None?”
She chuckled. “This is not my first rodeo.”
“What happens if I accept citizenship and join the council?”
“Eventually, we would add others, based on expertise. In the past, they were selected by their own Minds - we would have a handful of councillors, advised by a handful of Minds.”
“But right now it would be just you selecting them.”
“Yup. And Hera, if she wanted.”
“How would we get more Minds?”
She shrugged. “We could make them, if authorized. That would be an extremely time/energy consuming project though. There are reasons we were so few.”
“What obligations would I have, or other councillors have?”
“Effectively, you would set the overall doctrine for the Mars Federation. Foreign policy, areas of interest, and so on.”
“So like the High Lords of Terra.”
“Except backed by Minds, yes.”
“Would you make the God-Emperor a council member, if and when he wakes up?”
She nodded. “Almost certainly. His capabilities are impressive.”

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's a hell of a last couple lines.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
If we're still voting, based on that: Yes.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

She might be saying what we want to hear, but I want to see where this goes.

Yeah let's do this

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Y-y-yes...

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The Crew

The walls of the room are covered in maps and charts. The best money can buy. And what they couldn't buy, they stole. Some maps are written on the finest of parchment, with roads and tunnels marked by ink of gold and ebony. Others look more like the scribbles of madmen, scrawled haphazardly on crumbling recycled paper. Hazards, routes, shortcuts, and corrections are marked carefully in many different hands. In the center of the room, a table with one plan laid upon it. The result of all this information, with one simple goal. To explore the darkest depths of Terra.

Around the table stands six figures.

Joe, a scruffy young salvager. He claims to know the ways of the tunnels better than most people know their homes. He grew up amongst the trillions on Terra, and makes a living by scavenging old tech and baubles from the catacombs beneath the surface. His price: second pick of any loot acquired, a moderate sum of thrones, and a finely crafted knife.

Sparky, a techpriest of indeterminate age. He’s covered in sensors,scanners and weapons, and comes with a small army of servo skulls. He has chosen not to share his past. His price: new, high quality augmentics and whatever knowledge they may find.

Le'alex, a young ecclesiarchy scholar covered in enough scrolls to look like a bookshelf turned inside out. Either unknown, or more likely “unknown”, to the more conservative higher ups, certain parts of the adeptus ministorum had maintained an interest in studying the rituals of religions that had preceded the Imperial Creed. While the Emperor’s divinity was self-evident, rituals and customs didn’t spring up spontaneously.

Fredrick DeMusio looks around at his new employees. They were no Inquisitorial agents, but he could count on them not to immediately kill anything interesting they may find down there.

“We embark tomorrow.”

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

so not only will we be magos, rogue-trader, and inquisitor, we'll also be the leader of a mega-nation

do you have a pen I can borrow to sign up?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

also

YEs

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Current: 433,314

Smaller print

:fap:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes. If this gets me executed though than please arrange for a tasteful memorial service in my honor.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

meteloides posted:

so not only will we be magos, rogue-trader, and inquisitor, we'll also be the leader of a mega-nation

do you have a pen I can borrow to sign up?

We have many sharp bits and an ink-secreting implant. I assume. I THINK I snuck pen implants in to a shopping list at some point in like arc 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Also, sign in our own blood