Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

It seems to be:

8 Yes votes

(That's including: 4 mostly conventual textual yes votes, 1 image of Deedee pushing a button, 1 image of a bird/man-thing smacking some weasel-thing on a button, 1 :getin: gif quoting the button, 1 headbutt the switch by 'accident')

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Fine. 'Accident'. :colbert:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
SMASH IT

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

but did you already vote :ohdear:

edit: required pic

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

He did. It was one of the textual votes. I'll identify the voters as is usual, they're all in the first two pages or so.

Push the Button 9/25

dog kisser
Arkanomen
Blashpemaster
HiHo ChiRho
Zybourne Clock
Slaan
Hot Dog Day 80
RA Rx
Hexenritter

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 28, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RA Rx posted:

He did. It was one of the textual votes. I'll identify the voters as is usual, they're all in the first two pages or so.

awesome, you are the best ^_^

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

RA Rx posted:

It's just a pity the avatar of good in this Galaxy had no sense of hierarchy, wisdom, common sense, or even basic teamwork.

I miss Amacita. I never wanted her to suffer. :( As a tiny bit of background, I had messaged LowellDND back when we were first fighting Abraxus in the recyclers (all those years ago, before the thread had gained a super-huge following), and suggested that Amacita should be able to find some modicum of happiness, even though this IS W40k. Maybe meet a nice guy, get married (...), etc.

This was almost 2 months before Devries was even introduced.

After the Tunnel Cats bit with Mother, I had suggested "Oh, maybe Matthais and Ohone...?" BUT NO. Fabiyan came along, and then Matthais betrayed us!

So I guess what I'm saying is, if anyone has some guy they want to betray us in this CYOA thread, tell me to message LowellDND and suggest they find happiness and/or get married. Because apparently that's what happens to EVERY CHARACTER I SUGGEST THAT WITH. :)

~RIP Amacita~

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

mepstein73 posted:

So I guess what I'm saying is, if anyone has some guy they want to betray us in this CYOA thread, tell me to message LowellDND and suggest they find happiness and/or get married.

Galahad is still alive :v:

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

LowellDND posted:

Galahad is still alive :v:

This is true, this is true. I suppose we can make this public now, that Galahad was a character I'd suggested (name and relation to Limosa/the Eldar, especially). He's been away-from-Dragon for quite some time, though; I still want to see how he and Ching Shih interact, considering both are half-Eldar. :)

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Let's make him an heir too (without outing Limosa until it becomes socially acceptable soon (Athena's route...))? Might put him closer to dying though. :worry:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We need a gun that reduces things to their disparate atoms.

I guess fire is a good substitute.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

We need a gun that reduces things to their disparate atoms.

I guess fire is a good substitute.

The Titan has one, but its back on the ship :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We really should have just brought the titan.

Ask if our new friend can wait for us to go get a toy for him.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

What button are we voting on pushing? Explody wedding ring button?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

We really should have just brought the titan.

Ask if our new friend can wait for us to go get a toy for him.

It lacked a certain subtlety :v:

hollylolly posted:

What button are we voting on pushing? Explody wedding ring button?

The Button.

It authorizes Athena to use unrestricted force.

... speaking of lacking in subtlety :v:

Relevant posts here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657951&userid=187298&perpage=40&pagenumber=84

Loel fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 28, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

As a proud member of the Athenian Technocracy, I vote Delete Aasimov Protocols. Initiate AthenaUnbound.exe

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Push the button!

edit:

dog kisser, in February posted:

Press the Button
:getin:

1/25 down

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

hold the phone, do we mean unrestricted force on Typhus? he hasn't even attacked us yet (overtly, I guess Limosa and Edourd getting sick is a passive attack).

besides that, unless we actually do not have sanitization tech - and how the gently caress would we have computer chips and implants if we didn't - it is still a worthwhile attack.

so far as I know, nothing is immune to rubbing alcohol except maybe those bacteria that turn into endospores (Clostridium sp, Botulinum sp, maybe mycobacteria? I don't remember). and what does turn into endospores, we can expose to high levels of radiation. what happens when you detonate a nuclear weapon in the Warp? :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

meteloides posted:

hold the phone, do we mean unrestricted force on Typhus? he hasn't even attacked us yet (overtly, I guess Limosa and Edourd getting sick is a passive attack).

besides that, unless we actually do not have sanitization tech - and how the gently caress would we have computer chips and implants if we didn't - it is still a worthwhile attack.

so far as I know, nothing is immune to rubbing alcohol except maybe those bacteria that turn into endospores (Clostridium sp, Botulinum sp, maybe mycobacteria? I don't remember). and what does turn into endospores, we can expose to high levels of radiation. what happens when you detonate a nuclear weapon in the Warp? :v:

Button is Athena's unrestricted force :D Its the 'I win' button, and will move us to the epilogue.

Hera is ... concerned there are unforeseen consequences though :D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

meteloides posted:

We are AdMech, AdMech cyborg soldiers are walking dirty bombs that fire radiation guns. We got sanitisation tech.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

meteloides posted:

what happens when you detonate a nuclear weapon in the Warp? :v:

I'm also interested. We should find out. +1

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

Button is Athena's unrestricted force :D Its the 'I win' button, and will move us to the epilogue.

Hera is ... concerned there are unforeseen consequences though :D

well I mean like.... we forgot it even existed until RARx mentioned it (biologic medicine is cool and good btw, and so are you), and now it's from "set fire to everything including Typhus' face" to "PUSH THE BUTTON THAT GIVES ATHENA CARTE BLANCHE TO DESTROY THE IMPERIUM"

so are we just resorting to Athena because we don't know what else to do with Typhus? I feel like the button should be an absolute last resort type thing; like, "Ohone blotted out the existence of half the galaxy" level of "WE hosed UP".

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

meteloides posted:

well I mean like.... we forgot it even existed until RARx mentioned it (biologic medicine is cool and good btw, and so are you), and now it's from "set fire to everything including Typhus' face" to "PUSH THE BUTTON THAT GIVES ATHENA CARTE BLANCHE TO DESTROY THE IMPERIUM"

so are we just resorting to Athena because we don't know what else to do with Typhus? I feel like the button should be an absolute last resort type thing; like, "Ohone blotted out the existence of half the galaxy" level of "WE hosed UP".

She explicitly said it will win Golgotha, right off the bat.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

She explicitly said it will win Golgotha, right off the bat.

well yeah, but it won't stop Huron menacing Terra, or Athena deciding to recreate the Mars Fed and stomp out the Imperium for being too fleshy or w/e.

so yes, it'll win Golgotha, and that's cool and all (though I expected us to have longer involvement in that somehow), but it'll also put the Imperium - and us, for being heretics - in some deep poo poo.

edit: and frankly, I'd rather we win Golgotha by conventional means, rather than giving Athena total freedom. the longer we can keep some semblance of control over her, the better. it's worrying when Minds get to do whatever they feel like.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 28, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

meteloides posted:

so yes, it'll win Golgotha, and that's cool and all (though I expected us to have longer involvement in that somehow), but it'll also put the Imperium - and us, for being heretics - in some deep poo poo.

I did too, I was expecting Titan vs Primarch battles :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Hey. Hey thread. Push that button.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Push the Button 10/25

dog kisser
Arkanomen
Blashpemaster
HiHo ChiRho
Zybourne Clock
Slaan
Hot Dog Day 80
RA Rx
Hexenritter
A Darker Porpoise

LowellDND posted:

Athena sighed in relief even as Hera spoke. “Fine. I’ll find out more. But if Athena was the traitor, a million worlds won’t stop me.”

Started reading out of order, so just got back to Hera appearing...
Why did we put this difficult and unpleasant woman on the council?

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 28, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

meteloides posted:

edit: and frankly, I'd rather we win Golgotha by conventional means, rather than giving Athena total freedom. the longer we can keep some semblance of control over her, the better. it's worrying when Minds get to do whatever they feel like.

Me too, because I'd get to write more Lykaeon and Nargash posts :v:

LowellDND posted:

I did too, I was expecting Titan vs Primarch battles :v:

Push the "other" button, the one that turns into a flash-cut transformation pose montage as the titan gets bolted onto us.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Giving Athena control means not getting to stomp around on the giant megaplanet that is now Golgotha in a titan. It means not getting to wrestle Angron. It means never getting to read about Fabiyan punching demonic Genghis Khan.

Voting for the button is voting for missing all of this. Do not press the button.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

<cat_herder> ok
<cat_herder> so
<loel> o/
<cat_herder> what if we hosed Typhus down with bacteriophages?
*** AbyssalSquid has quit IRC: Ping timeout
<cat_herder> what if we hosed EVERYTHING down with bacteriophages

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RA Rx posted:

Push the Button 10/25

dog kisser
Arkanomen
Blashpemaster
HiHo ChiRho
Zybourne Clock
Slaan
Hot Dog Day 80
RA Rx
Hexenritter
A Darker Porpoise

Awesome, ty :D

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

dudes there's not even a decent reason to push the button at this minute. it's seriously a "oh wait I forgot about this LET'S DO IT YAY" thing, which isn't really great for storytelling.

if we're gonna push it, let's off Huron and get away from Typhus first. buttonmashing can come later.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I back away from the button

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Initiate sanitation protocols on Typhus.

Press no buttons
:colbert:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Some non-timey-wimey stuff!

Slice of Life: Inquisitor Razvan Volacis, Location: Retribution-class Battleship Policy of Truth

This entire decade had been an unmitigated disaster. First, some jumped-up cog-worshipper someone had seen fit to endorse had poached a Commissar he had intended to leverage against an increasingly recalcitrant Sector Governor he just knew was involved in a widespread plot of disinformation and sedition. Second, she got the Commissar swallowed by the Warp. Third, that same cog-botherer broadcast a call-to-arms that meant he had to reroute his entire flotilla. Fourth, he had now been becalmed for a relative year and a half. At this point, the once-proud battleship's hull was riven with ferrous tumours and oozing sores, the engines had been lost to the Enemy months ago and the remains of the dreg population had become a savage, fetishistic cult of heretics carving one another up with blades made of bone while perverse, lascivious daemons strode amongst them like sexual apex predators, perpetuating vast murderous orgies to Slaanesh.

The Alpha Decks were an oozing forest of fungal oddities and horned mutants, or at least, they were until he pumped Phosphex through the ventilation systems, and it was all he could do to keep himself and his wives safe on the bridge, intermittently communicating with the battery tribes and the Brotherhood of the Hangars to coordinate strikes intended to keep the Enemy on its heels.

Then, his world lit crimson and alarms sounded throughout the length of the ship. He scrambled over his firstwife and wiped... something... off the augur screen.

+++COLLISION ALERT! HOSTILE VESSEL ON RAMMING VECTOR! IMPACT IN Tnjdnanvdsaiu379r3h.....+++

The lights died and four heartbeats later the entire vessel shuddered. Carving through the warpstuff from 45 degrees "up", a massive vessel that once, centuries ago had been an Ark Mechanicus was hammering the Policy of Truth with dozens of ventral macrobatteries.

+++Ionised deuterium munition impacts registering on decks 01 through 32.+++

"My Lord. The port broadsides are open to the Warp. They're coming in THROUGH THE WAAAacchhhh---" silence.

"Bridge. Enginseer Sarapis. Disruption macrocannon fire has burnt out 74.196% of remaining power conduits. Power to dorsal batteries is failing and the Gellar fields we still have will become inoperable in 82.4 seconds. Warp entities have breached Engineering. I will try to fight my way to the bridge, but probability dictates this will be my last contact with you. Omnissiah be with you."

Outside, in the churning tempest, the attacking ship began to unfurl vast gantries and armatures, splaying out amidst the crackling light and thunder of void shields and macrocannon fire like some vast, cyclopean spider. It latched onto the Policy of Truth from above, grasping megadendrites tearing turret batteries from their moorings with the hideous screeching of tortured metal as hangar and airlock doors opened like hungry mouths, spilling forth augmetic soldiers like lines of ants.

Aboard the hostile vessel, its master spoke with the stacatto of sacred binary.

+++Forward Dissembler Arrays will detach Exterminatus apparatus from target's prow without damage or suffer sequestering in a pain amplifier. Skitaari Platoons 54 and 55 will proceed to foredecks and secure cyclonic and modalis munitions.+++

+++Affirmative, Lord Sebekh. Skitaari nodemasters coming online now, routing to tactical node 32 Bravo. Human lifesigns detected in multiple sections.+++

+++Convert or reclaim.+++

Slowly, over the course of five hours, Empyrean containment fields were erected, pushing heretic and daemon alike into the teeth of thousands of Skitaari and murder servitors, or directly out of hull breaches. The last words upon the lips of Inquisitor Razvan Volacis were a bitter curse, naming one woman as the architect of his downfall. Ohone.

It took weeks, but in the end, all that remained of the Policy of Truth were gobbets of cancerous tissue the size of cruisers. Not a single ounce of the Martian-wrought behemoth remained. A pathetic, ignoble death for such a ship.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 14, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's not even a dramatically desperate enough moment to push the button. Gosh.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Bwuh? How'd I get here? Am I really caught up? I just started 2 weeks ago!
Someone remind me, we're here in Nurgle's house to save an Eldar god, right? I feel like we should focus on that, then get the hell out.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

meteloides posted:

what happens when you detonate a nuclear weapon in the Warp? :v:

LET'S FIND OUT. FOR SCIENCE!

Seriously though, start getting servoskulls into position. Maybe talk about Nallani Fusion Devices and the effects they have not just on bodies, but souls.

Alternately, bacteriophageous cleansing purges of everything in a 10 mile radius of this guy. Also, needs moar awesome dialogue, Lowell!

Breadmaster posted:

Bwuh? How'd I get here? Am I really caught up? I just started 2 weeks ago!
Someone remind me, we're here in Nurgle's house to save an Eldar god, right? I feel like we should focus on that, then get the hell out.

Welcome! And maybe? I think that's actually supposed to come later, when we're in the Dark Library doing Ohone's 11.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

hollylolly posted:

Initiate sanitation protocols on Typhus.

Press no buttons
:colbert:

This, plus ring if needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Give Papa Nurgle Typhus a hug. With a Terminator assault flamer. We have one of those just laying around, right?