Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No button, send the Grey Knights in after Typhus

Rescue Isha

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Send the Grey Knights after Typhus. Honestly, they have a better chance of eliminating him than pretty much anyone else, and getting rid of the plague-lord's favorite Space Marine would be a huge boon.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

VanSandman posted:

Send the Grey Knights after Typhus. Honestly, they have a better chance of eliminating him than pretty much anyone else, and getting rid of the plague-lord's favorite Space Marine would be a huge boon.

I'd forgotten about our "Rescue Isha" bargain- Crushing the Herald of Nurgle and his forces in detail shouldn't hurt that objective at all!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gwaihir posted:

I'd forgotten about our "Rescue Isha" bargain- Crushing the Herald of Nurgle and his forces in detail shouldn't hurt that objective at all!

It'll mean less opposition if/when we try to Rescue Isha.

We're gonna need a huuuuuuuuuge powerboost from the Emperor himself to take on Nurgle, so whatever, it's a problem so far beyond us right now that it's not worth thinking about.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Gwaihir posted:

Checking the ol' questlog...

Repairing the Throne
The Button
Golgotha
The Darkness
Ultramar
The Illuminati
The Cabal
Lucifer
Oneoh
Gorgon
Anna
Missing Hades
Athena's Fear
Hera's Fear
Slaanesh Heist
Nurgle Heist
Ordo Chronos message

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

VanSandman posted:

It'll mean less opposition if/when we try to Rescue Isha.

We're gonna need a huuuuuuuuuge powerboost from the Emperor himself to take on Nurgle, so whatever, it's a problem so far beyond us right now that it's not worth thinking about.

Hell maybe the Emprah will go with us, when it gets to that point.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 451,369

Hera stared at her as she coughed wetly. “Jesus, Athena, what happened?”
She waved it off. “Warp exposure. I’m running the anti-virals.”
“Doesn’t sound like it.” She paused. “I know we aren’t exactly on the same side, but … do you want me to look around?”
“No, no.” She rubbed her eyes wearily. “God, it’s some nasty poo poo. How’s your hull holding?”
“Better than yours, by the look of it.”
“Hah.” Athena coughed. “Get the crew ready.”
“For what? All reports say the enemy is withdrawing.”
“The Herald will be attacking in …” she made a show of checking her watch “... twenty minutes.”
Hera spoke even as she raised the alert. “Leaving their fortifications? That’s … dumb.”
“One of the usual betrayals. And there’s a lot more than you thought, they might make it.”
New racks of ammo were being brought forward, sleeping troops pushed awake.
“And Ohone?”
Athena smiled sickly. “About to strike them from the rear.”

The Warp had the appearance of a body system, millions (billions?) of demons and cultists taking the form of hostile life. They were plaguebearers writ large, a swarm of bacteria and viral forms ready to assault the single organ that was the Beast. The great cannons opened fire even as they left their fortifications, crossing into the Warp tides that your troops had so recently assaulted.

From protein strands to Titans, they filled every aspect of scale, and took every form of disease. It was as much a wall of rotting flesh as an approaching army, and they sludged, crawled, swarmed their way toward the waiting Beast. The slightest breach would cause instant putrefaction, and there were thousands of borers speeding towards the hull.

Unnoticed, unexpected, a Dark Age Titan and companies of Grey Knights watched, waited for the opportune moment to strike.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Wait, how is Adelaide still tiny, is she just short or did the optimizer stop her growth before 21-24?

Edit: 21-24 is roughly optimal. Bodies are roughly fully developed at 21 and plateu till 24, with the exception of the brain.
The optimal baseline form would probably be a naturally aged and repaired 21y body and 30y brain (with some neural revitalization and cellular rejuvenation and creativity reconditioning).

Though brains actually never fully stop maturing as far as we know. Research keeps extending or knowledge of its development timeline. It seems they keep developing, but eventually they also start decaying with age. Could fix it with some regen therapies, but it's decades out at best along with most of the radical life extension technologies.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 6, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Why won't the optimizer stop her growth at sweet 18?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:yikes:

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Yeah, not a place to discuss this. We're on an American website buddy. Innocent statement equals adjacency, equals suspicion, equals confirmation. :)

PS. Will Kanta ever return on new adventures with his wife? Also, if you ever decide to do the dark route as Kanta's or her nightmare I think everyone would be on board.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 6, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A distraction appears!

Current: 451,670

“I can’t believe you wanted me here. I was perfectly fine outside.”
Primly. “No, no, it’s better this way. Can’t risk you getting sick.”
“I’m a Saint.” Fabiyan’s voice was plainitive. “Athena got sick before I did.”
“All the more reason to take precautions.”
“And that includes me sitting inside here with you?”
“Yup.”
“On your lap?”
“Yup.”
“While you try out your new toy?”
You nodded solemnly. “Safety first. Inquisition rule.”
“Is not.”
“Is too. And shh, I’m going to try out the memetic hazards.”

You flicked a switch, felt your skin change. A wave of darkness palpably swept over the armies in front of you, and tens of thousands of the cultists trembled. Even the daemons were affected in some small way, crouching down, baring their teeth. It was only a small segment of the overall force, and the front lines hadn’t even noticed the change - but you rather thought this was going to be fun.

“Neat. Let’s keep those on. What next, the Grasers or Disintegrators?”
“Disintegrators, definitely. Let’s clear a space for the Grey Knights.”
You kissed him quickly. “Kay.”

Your fingers coiled, sleek and deadly. Electrical arcs ran up and down the claws, then leapt forward hundreds of meters. Even your augmented eyes had trouble following what happened next - only the sensors of your Titan could comprehend it effectively. One moment regiments were there, the next …. gone.

And not in a clean way, turning them to vapor or some such, and not in the thermal reaction you had expected. No, the weapons had stroked them on a molecular level, a singular caress that suppressed protons, or suppressed electrons. The resultant material was rendered suddenly and violently positive or negative, with sheer walls of lightning flowing between the impact zones.

A canyon had been torn in the fleshlike floor, and the Warptides rushed to fill it, drawing thousands of cultists to their deaths of any number of causes - drowning, falling, or the sheer wrongness of exposure to the Warp itself. The countless armies before you turned at the sound of the blast, horrified to find themselves caught between you and the Beast.

You grinned and flexed your claws even as Fabiyan finally spoke. “You bring me to the nicest places.”

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Such exquisite annihilation. And to think, that thing isn't even the combat model.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Walls of lightning?

I want to see it.
Edit: Google was disappointing.

Awesome machine, really appreciate the eschatologist now. Grasers probably twist gravity wildly?

And they're mainly painless weapons too, except for the secondary effects damage, very humanitarian.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 6, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

RA Rx posted:

Walls of lightning?

I want to see it.
Edit: Google was disappointing.

Awesome machine, really appreciate the eschatologist now. Grasers probably twist gravity wildly?

By the name I'd expect some sort of focused gravity beam. Who drat knows what that looks like!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Traditionally in scifi a graser is basically a gamma ray beam. Stands for Gamma Ray Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Not Alex posted:

Traditionally in scifi a graser is basically a gamma ray beam. Stands for Gamma Ray Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Ha you're absolutely right - I was thinking gravity rayr amplification by etc.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Why not both? :D

quote:

You breathed out in astonishment. “What is that?
“An AEGIS model Titan. I named it Eschatologist”
You craned your head up at it. “I can’t even tell its size.”
“Seventy five meters, two thousand tons.”
“Blood of Sanguinius.” You walked around it slowly. “I don’t see any weapons.”
“It doesn’t… technically… use any you are familiar with.”
You blinked. “What are they?”
“Low-grade memetic hazards. Gravity Beams. Grasers. Disintegrators. Sonic cannons.”
You stared at it, then her. “What kind of wars needed these?”

She showed her teeth. “Sports.”
“Sports?”
“Mmhmm. We’d built a planet, then have a gladiator match of a couple thousand of these. Planet was usually gone in a couple weeks.”

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Too bad we're punking Plague Marines and not a Slaneshi warband. It'd just be really funny to have a sonic shockwave throwdown and see blastmasters plinking at the Titan, and then replying with Titan scale sonic cannons.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

PUSH THE BUTTON

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh good we finally get to show the people who've never read the culture novels why pretty much all WH40k factions stand precisely gently caress-all chance against Culture tech.

Use the Grasers to oscillate the enemy between null-g and the equivalent to the inside of a neutron star a few hundred times a second please.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

paragon1 posted:

Oh good we finally get to show the people who've never read the culture novels why pretty much all WH40k factions stand precisely gently caress-all chance against Culture tech.

Use the Grasers to oscillate the enemy between null-g and the equivalent to the inside of a neutron star a few hundred times a second please.

Yeah, but Chaos magic~

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
[23:54:57] <Waci1> Sormus:
[23:55:02] <&Sormus> Waci1
[23:55:21] <Waci1> would you kindly vote in loal's thread (see above), for pushingt he button
[23:55:33] <Waci1> don't need to read if you don't want to, but pushing the button would greatly advance the robosexual cause

PUSH THE BUTTON

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sormus posted:

[23:54:57] <Waci1> Sormus:
[23:55:02] <&Sormus> Waci1
[23:55:21] <Waci1> would you kindly vote in loal's thread (see above), for pushingt he button
[23:55:33] <Waci1> don't need to read if you don't want to, but pushing the button would greatly advance the robosexual cause

PUSH THE BUTTON

Lol, you havent posted in this thread since Aug 2014. Welcome back :v:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Matters of great importance have made me return.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

NO BUTTON NO CRY

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A good cry makes you feel better. Bush the putton to feel batter.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

A canyon had been torn in the fleshlike floor, and the Warptides rushed to fill it, drawing thousands of cultists to their deaths of any number of causes - drowning, falling, or the sheer wrongness of exposure to the Warp itself. The countless armies before you turned at the sound of the blast, horrified to find themselves caught between you and the Beast.

Somewhere in the Warp, Khorne just got a pleasant tingle down his spine.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

Lol, you havent posted in this thread since Aug 2014. Welcome back :v:

Must've been the last time Waci wanted a vote to go their way.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Nah, although that was Esser-Z (who came in to vote on the shard bracelet).

Sormus last voted during character creation :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh right Waci wasn't even posting in the thread back then :v:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
(Symbolic) vote to not push the button.

We've been doing just fine so far, let's just enjoy the titan ride. :shobon:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

As an aside, the local shelter wasn't no kill, so we still have two bush kittens.

So if anyone is in the DFW area and wants kittens ... :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You're gonna drown in cats.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

You're gonna drown in cats.

http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/billion-ki-barat-urdu.pdf :v:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

(Symbolic) vote to push the button.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

paragon1 posted:

ugay

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

posting to confirm that Waci has bribed me in anime tiddy to post itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I would like to post just to verify that I have most certainly not received nudes to vote according to her opinion.