Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Unwise_Cashew posted:

Yeah, abandoning Hera, while in the Warp, is a really, especially, absolutely bad idea. Even if we did succeed at killing Typhus, if we leave Hera we'd be dealing with a much worse Herald very quickly.

My question is how are we gonna pull this decapitation strike? Just run face-first at Typhus and hope for the best again? Because, yes, that is in keeping with Ohone's forte, but it already didn't exactly work. Can we draw Typhus into a trap of some sort, where we can gellar field him and then stasis his rear end? It's a bit of kicking the can down the road, but at the moment we gots a lot on our plate, plus, he'd make a nice sacrifice to Emperor Horus :getin:

Also, if we can get someone else to run face first into a nuke for once, that'd be nice.

What if we just moved the Olympus onto the battlefield and used its weapons in conjunction with the Dragon's? Between Hera, Athena, and our Titan, were should be able to stomp the gently caress out of Typhus. If we can use sonic poo poo to turn his forces against each other, all the better.

CHANGING MY VOTE TO THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arkanomen posted:

Use Hera as the nuke. Decouple as much of Hera as she can spare then set the Beast to super-self destruct mode. Sail the doomed beast into the maelstrom after fleeing in the Olympus and let her rip. Hera will be damaged but we can rebuild the beast. Then in the chaos, sweep in with Abrogrates and Grey Knights and clean house.

This is definitely a dumbshit move. Don't blow up our house.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

cat_herder posted:

What if we just moved the Olympus onto the battlefield and used its weapons in conjunction with the Dragon's? Between Hera, Athena, and our Titan, were should be able to stomp the gently caress out of Typhus. If we can use sonic poo poo to turn his forces against each other, all the better.

CHANGING MY VOTE TO THIS

I like this, particularly if it makes Athena freak out. If she smiles and says it's all according to plan as her scan of our brain told her, then welp

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

VanSandman posted:

This is definitely a dumbshit move. Don't blow up our house.

But we can rebuild it? We'll have 1.5 Minds left more or less and Hera knows her layout. We'll have ample resources left over after the battle. It's the perfect treatment for the encroaching cancer. Typhus thinks he can wear us down. If we pull out valuable resources back into the Olympus and apply the Beast as a MOAB we can cripple him for the very low cost of a single ship. Sure it's the Beast, but we can always make another. You really can't crap out new Grey Knights or another Terra.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

We can ...always... make another... Space Hulk???

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We rebuilt the Beast on Luna in like 6 months. There's going to be plenty of salvage from the wrecked moon, thousands of ships and our trashed shipyards to make a whole fleet of Beasts.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Off the cuff I'm picturing you saving the spine (engines, alpha deck, the grateful burden) and spending everything else. You could plausibly just take te alpha deck if you wanted, and overload the engines.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I'm talking about overloading EVERYTHING. I'm sure Hera can pump in some AI subspace energy, set off all the weapons at once, toss in some DAoT shenanigans and make a big ol' mess.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Order the Abrogates to combat

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Grognan posted:

Order the Abrogates to combat

This, whatever we can do to not abandon Hera. We don't leave allies behind.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Arkanomen posted:

I'm talking about overloading EVERYTHING. I'm sure Hera can pump in some AI subspace energy, set off all the weapons at once, toss in some DAoT shenanigans and make a big ol' mess.

Can we please stop recreating the nuke trap? I know we still have deep-seated trauma making us relive the past but dang, man. I'd like to survive one of these major confrontations with minimal damage for once in our lives.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

cat_herder posted:

CHANGING MY VOTE TO THIS

Exactly. Deploy the new super-weapon to use with our forces, not deploy it to run away and lose half our forces. Even if we do blow up the beast (don't do it), it gains us precisely nothing. Sure, kill a few billion warp demons, but they are replace-able. We gotta kill Typhus to even consider getting a return on our investment.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

All the Dakka

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
All in

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Order the Abrogates to arms!

Also, why hasn't anyone offered the solution of "ASK HERA WHAT SHE THINKS OF BLOWING THE DRAGON TO HELL?" I mean, it is effectively her. Why not make sure she's okay with us blowing her up to kill Typhus? Maybe she has a better-- dare I say, more beautiful-- way of dealing with this situation than even Athena would. After all, finding silver linings is her schtick as the artist, right? Maybe she's thought of something that would be better than us blowing up the only home we've known this entire CYOA.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The Abrogates smooth out the warp. They're basically the only reason Hera hasn't fallen yet.

And you want them off the ship.

What is wrong with you people.

"But ... but Typhus-"

We haven't actually tried taking him on with the Titan yet. We tried to get into it, but then blackout and suddenly audience with Huron.

Surprisingly little has changed in the battle plan. Take the robot out for a walk, grase the gently caress out of Typhus and throw him into a supernova or something.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Reposting by request:

LowellDND posted:

I keep trying to add to this, but I think this post is done as is

In the Year of Our Lord

quote:

Launched Apr 21 18,495 AD
Mars Shipyards
The Olympus

You thought you had been holding it together pretty well until you saw that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Send in the Abrogates

I mean, they were literally bred for this sort of thing. If not now, when?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 458,343

A rumble, a wave. Even before the Abrogates exited the Beast, their implacability assaulted the Warp. Where oceans stood, now open space. Where strange and deviant things, diseased orchids and fallow forests - battered and broken war machines. Crying stars became silent starships, and daemons, in their hundreds of thousands, faded away.

What they Grey Knights were to Space Marines, the Abrogates were to the Imperial Guard.

What was left was something far more manageable, far more sane. A three dimensional, variable gravity environment, one full of the rubble of constant battle. In a word, their home. The Abrogates launched in an entire army group, two hundred and fifty thousand strong. Behind them, Hera’s cannons, firing real munitions into real space for the first time.

Before them, Ceres. Without atmosphere, the dozens of atomic bursts ignited like flowers, opening the rock open, exposing countless tunnels to the open vacuum. Cultists and demons alike were sucked into the emptiness, with the cultists dying, the demons fleeing before the Real. The Grey Knights reoriented to this new front, fell back to it. A beach head of normalcy was being established.

Before them, the countless millions remaining.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We should whip up a few more of those Faith Bombs.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 458,541

Typhus grunted sourly. Behind him, one of his officers.
“Sire… they have found hope.”
“I can see that. And cured their Inquisitor. An impressive act.”
“The real space limits our aura of despair, as well as the power of the daemons who can approach.” On the map, a shallow globe around the Beast - marking the line of where physics changed. On their side, atomics worked, nerve gas was effective. On his side, a million daemons could be brought forth.

“Still. It is an inertia of sorts, even if it is not the ideal one.”
“If they push too far, they will leave the Beast open to attack.”
“Yes.. yes. Let us continue to work with their … hope. Order the second ranks to fall back, allow the first ranks to die. Pull their advance forward, into ourselves.”
“As you will Sire.”

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

You are facing Carebear villians, is where Im going with this.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

You are facing Carebear villians, is where Im going with this.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay. We Phalanx.

Abrogrates around the Beast.
Grey Knights on the outer edges covering gaps while new Abrogrates file in.
Titans runs around clearing up points of heavy resistance.
We then sail the beast as quickly as we can move the Phalanx right at Typhus.
Then we purge.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

meanwhile Ohone snuck her Titan undetected and is about to strike at Typhus directly

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Advance with the Beast, keep Hera in the real. We're going to carve our way to Typhus while blowing everything to hell

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Grognan posted:

Advance with the Beast, keep Hera in the real. We're going to carve our way to Typhus while blowing everything to hell

Finally.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

glad we haven't blown up the ship, I really don't like that idea. This is much better. We stay tight and pull a necron style relentless advance. The Grey Knights and Black Priests + Excoriators can handle the nastier daemons

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Grognan posted:

Slow and steady, close in on him like he was doing to us. Use the Titan and ship guns to blast apart any strong points in our way. Typhus doesn't have a retreat since Huron packed up and abandoned him.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Culminate with ramming Typhus in the nads with the Beast

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Grognan posted:

I like this idea a lot

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If Typhus expects the Abrogates, of all loving people, to carelessly overextend then he has a nasty surprise in store.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

If Typhus expects the Abrogates, of all loving people, to carelessly overextend then he has a nasty surprise in store.

I do believe this is their first performance outside the ship :)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

he is in for one hell of a surprise

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
All according to keikaku

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We made something that will Nurgle better than Nurgle.

Edit: What if Nurgle likes us better If Nurgle is postponing the inevitable, we are the inevitable. I fully expect any prisoners to be converted to Abrogates. After the bleach bath from hell.

Edit2: Holy poo poo if Abrogates can do this, then we need to preserve the doctrine because it WILL be the imp guard to the space marine's grey knights.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 11, 2016

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Grognan posted:

We made something that will Nurgle better than Nurgle.

Edit: What if Nurgle likes us better If Nurgle is postponing the inevitable, we are the inevitable. I fully expect any prisoners to be converted to Abrogates. After the bleach bath from hell.

Edit2: Holy poo poo if Abrogates can do this, then we need to preserve the doctrine because it WILL be the imp guard to the space marine's grey knights.

I wonder if we can just kind of guide them to worshipping Fabiyan more than the Emperor, if they aren't already. I mean, Fabiyan still has to resolve his crisis of faith, but belief in anything is powerful.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Abrogate doctrine is heavily focused on Fabiyan and Ohone as living embodiments of the Emperor and Omnissiah so we're covered in that regard

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

so we just don't tell them about what Athena said, keep that poo poo under wraps, maintain the status quo.

everything is just fiiiiiiine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

that's the spirit :D